Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, out now!

keithp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
bgeelogo.png

I can't wait!

I'm so stoked to play this on my iPad!! Sept 18th can't get here quick enough!

Last edited by a moderator:
So no one else is excited to play what is arguable the greatest RPG series of all time, with enhancements and additions, on iOS? :hot:

It's also being released on PC and Mac.

Sure I'm excited but I got so many games to play on my iPad ;3 also square enix released 2 rpgs this month.

I will def buy it though.

Delayed until November 30.... :cry:

Dear Friends of Baldur’s Gate,

When we first announced Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, You set fire to our servers and we were overwhelmed by the huge wave of support from the fans of the original game.

Once the fires had subsided, thousands of you posted suggestions and requests on our forums. Dozens of volunteers from all over the world helped us improve game play, squash bugs, and generally fine-tune the game. Even more came to help work on translations from English to more than 16 other languages.

Executing on our plan to make the best Baldur’s Gate possible and responding to that overwhelming feedback, we’ve added new characters, areas, and story, creating many new hours of game play. Yet the suggestions, fixes, and translations continue, and more volunteers keep joining.

After recently reviewing the game and then consulting with our partners, we've decided to ensure that Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is the best possible product on launch. Thus, we have pushed back the release date of the game. Our release date is now November 30th, 2012.

To all who have pre-ordered, we ask for your patience as we move toward our final release date -- and we will be working on something a little extra for you. To all who have volunteered, we thank you for your dedication and support.

-Trent
Trent Oster
President, Overhaul Games

So is this thing the piece of trash I read from reviews, or would someone with an IPad get this game to play it on there? Seems like original PC is still the way to go on that but would IPad version be OK? I'm asking for a friend.

[quote name='MSUHitman']So is this thing the piece of trash I read from reviews, or would someone with an IPad get this game to play it on there? Seems like original PC is still the way to go on that but would IPad version be OK? I'm asking for a friend.[/QUOTE]

I haven't had as much time to play this weekend as I'd hoped but so far I'm loving it on the iPad and haven't had any bugs. Being able to zoom in is nice, although the graphics get a bit pixelated if you go all the way in. But just having the ability to play BG on the go is fantastic!

Heads up, incoming patch this week on iOS! It's going to make it easier to select items and doors using the touchscreen, among other things. It's been sent to Apple and is just waiting for their approval to go live on the App Store.

bread's done
Back