Call of Duty: Black Ops with DLC for $20 @ BB & Amazon has MW3 w. DLC for $30.78

Im guessing this is the lowest this will probably get? I still havent played any COD games beyond 4 but have been picking them up when i find them cheap. I usually dont see them dip much lower than $30 bucks. Would this be a good price to jump in on it?

Only thing i was thinking was that maybe it would drop when BLOPS 2 comes out but im not sure if it would hit < $20

^_^x KD

Damn, I think I may get this for my ps3. Does anyone know if the store copies have the dlc included? I want to just pick it up in store but done want to get a vanilla version.

All copies at my local BB have DLC. And I think its a code. Good deal though. Are they coming out with another bundle where you get the game and all the dlc?

[quote name='kart007k']All copies at my local BB have DLC. And I think its a code. Good deal though. Are they coming out with another bundle where you get the game and all the dlc?[/QUOTE]

This didn't happen to MW2. But in the summer sale you can get these dlcs for half off the original price.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Code. It's a map pack.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='kart007k']Yea I think MW2 had only one DLC included. Here is the unboxing.

(video)[/QUOTE]

Wow, can't believe there's an unboxing for this, and it lasted over three minutes :shock: At least it confirmed what the above replier said that it's a code. (thanks for both replies)

Might as well mention it before someone else does, but the base TIV for this game is $10.00 at Best Buy right now. Do the math and it's essentially a free map pack.

[quote name='litepink']Wow, can't believe there's an unboxing for this, and it lasted over three minutes :shock: At least it confirmed what the above replier said that it's a code.

[/QUOTE]

Are you really that surprised? Its a Call of Duty game. There is probably a video of this game making a grilled cheese somewhere.

Thanks OP.

I can pay with a BB giftcard, then go trade my vanilla copy in for $20 tomorrow.. well $21 with unlocked.. Even trade, but I'll get free DLC.

I am picking this up this afternoon (X360). If anyone wants the DLC hit me up & I'll give you a good deal because I don't care about the DLC that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey for the last two days I get an error on the Best Buy trade it in page on the website.
Is this happening to others or just me?
Thanks

[quote name='Kenshindono']Im guessing this is the lowest this will probably get? I still havent played any COD games beyond 4 but have been picking them up when i find them cheap. I usually dont see them dip much lower than $30 bucks. Would this be a good price to jump in on it?

Only thing i was thinking was that maybe it would drop when BLOPS 2 comes out but im not sure if it would hit < $20

^_^x KD[/QUOTE]

My 2 cents...

I've owned every CoD since the first on PC, own every expansion back then, every game every year including Prestige editions... EXCEPT Black Ops. That is the only CoD game I don't own. I just never liked it compared to the others. Treyarch is nowhere near the company IW was.

[quote name='Romeo']My 2 cents...

I've owned every CoD since the first on PC, own every expansion back then, every game every year including Prestige editions... EXCEPT Black Ops. That is the only CoD game I don't own. I just never liked it compared to the others. Treyarch is nowhere near the company IW was.[/QUOTE]

I LOVED IWs campaigns (esp COD4), but I dumped a ton more time in BLOPS MP. For some reason, I felt it was better balanced and the maps were better. This was the last FPS I really invested time into (did one prestige in MW3 and quit BF3 after private servers) and I've found myself a much happier gamer. I'm not sure what the community is like now, but I definitely remember preferring it to MW2/3 on :360:.

This is probably the cheapest it will get. MW2 still sells for $20+ on consoles. I got a copy for the PS3. Thanks OP.

I'm really surprised they haven't come out with an "ultimate" edition yet that has all the DLC included. I wonder if this price drop/sale isn't in anticipation of something like that dropping before BO2 comes out? Either way, this franchise is not really my cup of tea, so I'm holding out for all the DLC to be included cheap.

How is the online community for this game on XBL as far as people still playing? I'm thinking of picking this game up again since I traded it in a while ago to Amazon for around the same price.

[quote name='Spafon']I'm really surprised they haven't come out with an "ultimate" edition yet that has all the DLC included. I wonder if this price drop/sale isn't in anticipation of something like that dropping before BO2 comes out? Either way, this franchise is not really my cup of tea, so I'm holding out for all the DLC to be included cheap.[/QUOTE]

I'd wait too, but I don't think they've ever re-released any cod games with all dlc.

[quote name='Kendro']How is the online community for this game on XBL as far as people still playing? I'm thinking of picking this game up again since I traded it in a while ago to Amazon for around the same price.[/QUOTE]

It is like 3rd in active communities with 5 COD's still in the Top 20.

Only Call of Duty 2 and Classic take a little time to get a full room.

All others including 3 are instant.

Anyone know how long this sale lasts?

[quote name='Spafon']I'm really surprised they haven't come out with an "ultimate" edition yet that has all the DLC included. I wonder if this price drop/sale isn't in anticipation of something like that dropping before BO2 comes out? Either way, this franchise is not really my cup of tea, so I'm holding out for all the DLC to be included cheap.[/QUOTE]

Keep waiting... for ever because Activision has never released any "Ultimate" COD game with all the DLC. Their "Game of the Year" versions usually don't include anything new.

I am going to pass because once I start playing MP I will be back to my old habits of playing this game for hours every day and ignoring all other games. I have a backlog the size of a mountain.

This game MP is like crack to me... just one more game, one more game. No!!!!

[quote name='Kendro']How is the online community for this game on XBL as far as people still playing? I'm thinking of picking this game up again since I traded it in a while ago to Amazon for around the same price.[/QUOTE]

It was in the Top 10 in the NPD last month (August) and MW3 was not in the top 10.

Gotta think the community is still extremely strong.

In for one, does anyone know if the get $10 for spending $50 is still going on? Can't seem to find that thread.

[quote name='Stimes']In for one, does anyone know if the get $10 for spending $50 is still going on? Can't seem to find that thread.[/QUOTE]It ended 8/31.

black ops is the best COD since COD4, its not as good as 4 but it was better then the other ones. I guess I reccommend it but only if your bored.

[quote name='usrevenge']black ops is the best COD since COD4, its not as good as 4 but it was better then the other ones. I guess I reccommend it but only if your bored.[/QUOTE]

Black Ops MP is fun as hell and loved all the perks. I spent countless hours playing Team Deatchmatch with some of my co-workers on Saturday nights till early morning (we are all married with kids). I had to let this game go as this is all I played for almost 6 months. I would love to play it again, but know better.

Will save my $$$ and buy Black Ops 2 when it hits $40 (used or new). This game has the most addicting MultiPlayer since Halo 1 (maybe I am nostalgic).

In for a ps3 copy, been waiting for this price for a while. Thanks OP! Just to point out OP, you should mention the free expedited shipping on this as well!

I ordered it for PS3 online w/ store pickup early this morning. Used a gift card to pay for it and picked it up a little while ago. It's crazy because I was in BB a couple of days ago thinking I should get it again and finish it before Black Ops II comes out. Then the First Strike DLC version is on sale two days later.

I first read about this deal when BW5150 posted it in this thread so props to them (page 4, second post): http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327982

[quote name='Video-Gamer']Is the code on this one comes with the same code as the one that Black Ops Prestige Edition comes with[/QUOTE]

No

[quote name='oasisboy']Black Ops MP is fun as hell and loved all the perks. I spent countless hours playing Team Deatchmatch with some of my co-workers on Saturday nights till early morning (we are all married with kids). I had to let this game go as this is all I played for almost 6 months. I would love to play it again, but know better.

Will save my $$$ and buy Black Ops 2 when it hits $40 (used or new). This game has the most addicting MultiPlayer since Halo 1 (maybe I am nostalgic).[/QUOTE]

That's the thing... once I started buying CoD on 360 beginning with MW, I never cared much for the MP. Too many kids.

Bought this for PS3 in store at Bryant Park location.

I hit up 4 stores, but only this one had it. From Noho up to this store it is sold out. For anyone looking they still have at least 5 copies. I saw none for 360.

Good luck.

bread's done
Back