Army Corps of Hell (Vita) Amazon $12.03

[quote name='TaylorM06']Sounds like a good deal. But is this game good at all?[/QUOTE]

IMO, the game is NOT good. I bought it, played it a bit, but it got so boring and gets repetitive so fast (after 20 minutes, you might never do anyone new again), it's not worth it.

Unless your into hard metal, custom soundtrack is a must. I couldn't play the game for more than 10 minutes without hitting mute.

Gameplay wise it's not too bad. I paid $17.99 and don't regret it. It's action is like Pikmin, but this game doesn't have the time/resource startegy aspect of it. You could do worse for $12. I don't remember if a demo is available so if there is I'd recommend you try that first. But if your money is burning a hole in your pocket, go for it.

[quote name='perfectmf1386']Unless your into hard metal, custom soundtrack is a must. I couldn't play the game for more than 10 minutes without hitting mute.

Gameplay wise it's not too bad. I paid $17.99 and don't regret it. It's action is like Pikmin, but this game doesn't have the time/resource startegy aspect of it. You could do worse for $12. I don't remember if a demo is available so if there is I'd recommend you try that first. But if your money is burning a hole in your pocket, go for it.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a pass to me. Good deal for someone who might enjoy it though!

Plus, LBP Vita comes out this month :) That'll keep my Vita occupied for a while.

[quote name='TaylorM06']Sounds like a good deal. But is this game good at all?[/QUOTE]

Game is awful its the same thing get to point A to POINT b on each map...but heres the kicker

Start GOAL 2

with 30 men with attack of 10

LOSE on goal two you go back to the start with no Upgrades no nothing meaning you have to replay the same level over and over and over and hope you get lucky and beat the level

and when you hit level 5 there are fences that kill your stupid troops when they walk into them

I can very easy see this game at 5 to 10 bucks day after thanksgiving i say MOST OF Day 1 VITA titles will be 10 bucks day after

[quote name='slidecage']Game is awful its the same thing get to point A to POINT b on each map...but heres the kicker

Start GOAL 2

LOSE on goal two you go back to the start with no Upgrades no nothing meaning you have to replay the same level over and over and over and hope you get lucky and beat the level

and when you hit level 5 there are fences that kill your stupid troops when they walk into them

I can very easy see this game at 5 to 10 bucks day after thanksgiving i say MOST OF Day 1 VITA titles will be 10 bucks day after[/QUOTE]

Sounds ridiculous. That turned my "Pass" into a "AWE HELL NAW!"

I bought one, but probably for the "wrong" reason--with Prime shipping, it should arrive Wednesday, the day I'll be passing my local BBY on the way to grad school, and I'll hopefully be able to trade it in for $21 after 100% bonus and GCU.

I don't really mind spending $12 Amazon credit to get $21 BBY credit; I just hope the TIV stays at $10 base for a few more days...:pray:

This game is awful. It is literally the exact reason Gamefly exists - so nobody wastes a dollar determining how bad a game like this is.

Do not pull the trigger on this one - there are much better downloadable games... or spring for a $20 *good* game. Even the trophies are annoyingly difficult.

Definitely love it or hate it.
I enjoyed it enough. I'd say $15 or cheaper is a good price, so this is a good price.[quote name='slidecage']Game is awful its the same thing get to point A to POINT b on each map...but heres the kicker

Start GOAL 2

I can very easy see this game at 5 to 10 bucks day after thanksgiving i say MOST OF Day 1 VITA titles will be 10 bucks day after[/QUOTE]
Wow, you really sucked at this game.
You can easily avoid the fences through the various formations, and I didn't lose in a level till at least mid-way through the game, and it's a long game.

[quote name='dallow']Definitely love it or hate it.
I enjoyed it enough. I'd say $15 or cheaper is a good price, so this is a good price.[/QUOTE]

Glad I wasn't the only one. I enjoyed it too! I liked the soundtrack and the game was fun and challenging. Definitely worth this price.

[quote name='slidecage']if you want the game BUY IT NOW price has not fallen in around 12 hours so expect a jump in in the next few hours[/QUOTE]

Looks like you were wrong. It dropped to $11.44. I decided to grab it at that price.

[quote name='Vigilante']I bought one, but probably for the "wrong" reason--with Prime shipping, it should arrive Wednesday, the day I'll be passing my local BBY on the way to grad school, and I'll hopefully be able to trade it in for $21 after 100% bonus and GCU.

I don't really mind spending $12 Amazon credit to get $21 BBY credit; I just hope the TIV stays at $10 base for a few more days...:pray:[/QUOTE]

That's a great idea but oh so risky. I made the mistake with Witcher 2 by holding off a day before returning it. I would have gotten 25 or 26 TIV and instead had to settle for 16.50 from Amazon because BBY adjusted overnight.

I'm not taking that risk by buying it for $11 and hoping BBY keeps the ~$21 TIV. With my luck, as soon as I get it in the mail, BBY changes the value to 0.25.

[quote name='KryllFood']That's a great idea but oh so risky. I made the mistake with Witcher 2 by holding off a day before returning it. I would have gotten 25 or 26 TIV and instead had to settle for 16.50 from Amazon because BBY adjusted overnight.

I'm not taking that risk by buying it for $11 and hoping BBY keeps the ~$21 TIV. With my luck, as soon as I get it in the mail, BBY changes the value to 0.25.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually taking the same risk, lol. Worse case there is always eBay.

[quote name='jkam']I'm actually taking the same risk, lol. Worse case there is always eBay.[/QUOTE]

Yep... just decided to bite. Even if they cut the trade-in value in half, you'll still get almost what you paid for it.

[quote name='UnlockPotential']Right now my Vita is just a portable PS1. I have no intention of buying any actual Vita titles, especially this crap.[/QUOTE]
Ok.

[quote name='UnlockPotential']Right now my Vita is just a portable PS1. I have no intention of buying any actual Vita titles, especially this crap.[/QUOTE]

Should have got a PSP Go then...smart decisions ftw.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Should have got a PSP Go then...smart decisions ftw.[/QUOTE]
I made have shot my wad a bit prematurely there. I meant I have no intention of playing any current Vita games. But I'll probably jump on a deal on Persona 4 or Ragnarok. I guess I really blew myself on that one. I really have a mess on my hands when I do this. I got better sleep last night. Now I can communicate much gooder!

Thanks for the heads up about the deal OP and thanks for the WARNING fellow posters! I'll avoid this even though I was tempted thinking the ACoH game was in someway related to Overlord...which is a good game.

Well Vita has been great for multiple stacks of Trophies at least for cheap. Sound Shapes, Foosball 2012, etc. Overall Im more pissed about lack of older psn title support on it, even if just Remote Play. Would love to burn through my Sam and Max or Tales of Monkey Island seasons. And I cant imagine Zuma/Peggle takes THAT much processing power.

[quote name='jkam']Well got the game and got the flip in to BB at $20 :)[/QUOTE]

same picked it up for 11.03

took it best buy and flipped it for 21

took that 21 and went over and got an amazon gift card

Took that 21 bucks and got PUZZLER WORLD 3D for the 3ds on sept 25

so almost got the game they wanted for half the price

bread's done
Back