Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (9/9/12 to 9/15/12)

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#151 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

Anyone know if you purchase two copies of NHL 13 at TRU if it will give you the $30GC or do you have to purchase one of the other select games?

#152 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:20 PM

Anyone know if you purchase two copies of NHL 13 at TRU if it will give you the $30GC or do you have to purchase one of the other select games?

You'll probably get $60 in GCs knowing TRUs system. :lol:

#153 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

I got Best Buy to PM my NCAA 3 to Kmart....saved me $15. They said Madden was $59.99 at Target, so I was denied. I was on hold forever, so I didn't want to fight the point....I figure Best Buy will drop the price eventually and I will jus tPM from their ow store.

#154 birdyjuice

birdyjuice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

First time doing a price match. Called Best Buy they confirmed the Madden price at Target and that i'd get the $10. How does the price match work though? Do I get a $10 credit to my card/bank account or is it store credit?

It says I can check the order status, but I haven't been able to check the order status for some time as it when I try to load the order it gives a blank page.

#155 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

First time doing a price match. Called Best Buy they confirmed the Madden price at Target and that i'd get the $10. How does the price match work though? Do I get a $10 credit to my card/bank account or is it store credit?

It says I can check the order status, but I haven't been able to check the order status for some time as it when I try to load the order it gives a blank page.

How did you pay? It gets credited back to whatever form of payment you used.

#156 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

You should also be sent an email confirming that you are being credited back some money.

#157 elvis731

elvis731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

How does the wording throw you off? It clearly says you have to get 2 games.

Agreed, it's absolutely clear.

Not sure why the person who was confused was reading it to include the "or;" after Sleeping Dogs, when that clearly wasn't what was written.

#158 JSweeney

JSweeney

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:43 PM

I got the Skylanders Starter Pack from Target.
Strangely addicting for something aimed towards kids.
Now I want more characters. If Best Buy still has any single packs on Friday I will be picking up at least one of each element that they have. lol

Thanks for posting. And my wallet sarcastically says thanks too.

It actually does make for a pretty decent deal, since with Target having any of the versions for $50, you can almost get one of each element type of each Skylander (the 3 in the box), plus 5 others, so 3 B1G1 at Best Buy. (and one extra, apparently)

Plus, reading up on the game to see if I wanted it, apparently the 3DS bundle has 2 of the 4 best Skylanders in terms of stats.

It does work out kind of well, considering that for just a few dollars more than normal retail (about 5), the stacking of the two deals will get you a version of skylanders and at least one each of all 8 elemental type skylanders, and they'll all be just as good for the sequel that's coming out at christmas-time.

#159 Carbonite

Carbonite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

It actually does make for a pretty decent deal, since with Target having any of the versions for $50, you can almost get one of each element type of each Skylander (the 3 in the box), plus 5 others, so 3 B1G1 at Best Buy. (and one extra, apparently)

Plus, reading up on the game to see if I wanted it, apparently the 3DS bundle has 2 of the 4 best Skylanders in terms of stats.

It does work out kind of well, considering that for just a few dollars more than normal retail (about 5), the stacking of the two deals will get you a version of skylanders and at least one each of all 8 elemental type skylanders, and they'll all be just as good for the sequel that's coming out at christmas-time.

Yeah, I don't know that I want to collect them all for sure, but I do not want to be walking past doors that say, you need a "Life" Skylander to open this gate or some other element I don't have.
If you want more info there is a guy who blogs about skylanders and as it pertains to info, I would say he is the bible. He can tell you when each one came out and whats out there and everything in between. Its where I found out everything I wanted to know about the game.

Here is a link to his complete set: http://1ofwiisdom.bl...e-complete.html

On the right you can see other things he posted about. The video covers A LOT.

EDIT: Oh and FYI Dark Spyro is the one that you can only get with the 3DS version.

#160 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:16 PM

Midnight drop that best buy ad on us now!!!!!!! :)

#161 major morgan

major morgan

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

I had a very painless time getting the PM on Madden. I'm not sure if I was really lucky or because I called the RZ Silver line, but the whole process took me less than 10 mins from dialing until I hung up.

My only gripe would be that the guy gave me a refund for $10, not $10+tax.

#162 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:03 PM

I had a very painless time getting the PM on Madden. I'm not sure if I was really lucky or because I called the RZ Silver line, but the whole process took me less than 10 mins from dialing until I hung up.

Yeah they never give me the tax either. Last year I did get a random tax credit check from BB though. I think it was a few bucks.

#163 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

I had some bad luck today. I tried PMing my .com Madden 13 preorder and the first rep i spoke with turned me down since my preorder came as a "bundle" with the DLC bonus. Called again 1 minute later and the other rep gave it to me.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Destiny

:360: Gears of War 3

#164 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

my best buy only has 2 single skylanders... oh well.
Posted Image

#165 Minkyboi

Minkyboi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

Curious, I've always been a big Halo fan ever since the first. Is the $30 worth it for Anniversary? Especially with Halo 4 right around the corner?

#166 JiveT

JiveT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:06 PM

summary: nothing good

#167 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:14 AM

Well completely forgot to PM my Madden and Darksiders II. O wells it should go on sale again soon.