Photo
- - - - -

Official NHL 13 CAG Hockey Team - Find Us Online - We Are The Canaderps!

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#1 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

Ehhh...Canaderps!

The Unauthorized Story of the Plucky Little Hockey Team That Could...Maybe

Club History
Continuing our tradition of coming up with an "oh so clever" moniker for each year, we decided to call ourselves the Canaderps this year. This may give the appearance that we hate Canadians...and that's just entirely not true. We hate Canadians who beat us, lol.

Honestly, we just thought it was a funny expression, and we didn't get as much hate mail this past year, so we thought we could improve on that. This will be the team's 5TH YEAR of play! And as always, we welcome people who are dedicated to the game and want to learn how to play right. You too can be a Canaderp! Keep reading!

How We Play
This is a team for people who wish to compete at a high level and learn the correct way to play their position and hockey in general. Your play will be critiqued, and your contributions to the team will be evaluated. This is not to deride anyone for the way they play, but to improve the team and to give us a better chance of winning games and competing for a championship.

If you become a detriment to the team, there is a possiblity you could be cut. Not saying this to scare anybody off...but we're looking for smart, skilled, and committed players.

There are playoffs each month for the three divisions (Amateur, Pro, Elite), and the top five players at their preferred positions (six if we can ever find a reliable/consistent goalie) will be selected for the playoff roster based on statistics compiled during that month. Yes, there is sort of an "established" playoff roster from last year, but no one is untouchable or unwilling to step aside if they are outplayed in a given month. The spots are open for the taking. But it's up to each individual to earn them.

***IMPORTANT***
One thing that we strongly recommend is that you do not use the "Be a Pro" or "Action" camera types. While these angles can be exciting for single player modes, they do a poor job of showing you the ice and which teammates may be open (especially players behind you). Since we strive to play strong team hockey and get everyone involved, it makes sense to be able to see the entire zone as you play. The CAG team advises that you use the "Ice", "Classic", or even "Overhead" cameras.

When We Play
We have two official Hockey Nights each week. These fall on Tuesday and Friday, and usually start around 10 PM EST and end in the wee hours of the morning. These hockey nights can be filled with ranked games against other EASHL clubs, team practices to improve on basic skills and fundamentals, or even intrasquad games to compete against each other. There are also other random times throughout the week that we play, but Tuesday and Friday are the definite times you can find the team. If you'd like to play, please feel free to join us! If you'd like your information posted on the team roster, please see the "How to Sign Up" section below. See you on the ice!

How To Sign Up
Keep in mind, we have official weekly Hockey Nights on Tuesdays and Fridays from 10PM EST - UNTIL (usually 1-2AM EST), and do play other random times as well. The more time you put into the team, the better we'll be and the more you'll get out of it.

If you're interested in taking part in these fun and awesome community gatherings, just find the team in the game (search "BTR" or "Wifebeaterz"), and send a join request. And be sure to post in the thread and include the following information:
Number | CAG Name | XBL Gamertag | Skater Name | Preferred Position

Website
http://www.easportsw...1/1136/overview

Roster
Number | CAG Name | XBL Gamertag | Skater Name | Preferred Position | Hockey Card
#21 | moojuice | moojuiced | Domingo Ayala | Left Field (more like left out, m i rite) |
Spoiler

#24 | DarkTower80 | DarkTower80 | Elite Banenr | Right Wing/Right Defenseman |
Spoiler

#39 | n8rockerasu | n8rocker82 | Pron Banner | Center/Left Defenseman/Left Wing |
Spoiler

#71 | jza1218 | statnut28 | Amatuer Banner | LW |
Spoiler

2011-2012 Cheap Azz Wifebeaterz
Spoiler

2010-2011 CheapyD All Stars
Spoiler

2009-2010 CheapyD All Stars
Spoiler

2009-2010 Sex Panthers
Spoiler

2009-2010 Crotch Sharks
Spoiler

2008-2009 CAG Hockey Team
Spoiler

Coach Alan's Corner

CAG Hockey Breakdown Videos
Spoiler

Zone D:

and:
Spoiler

Working the puck out of the corner:
Spoiler

Example of a good breakout play:
Spoiler

Getting The Most Out of Your Player
The following guide will show you how to best distribute your points and which boosts you should apply based on the cost of raising each attribute. Setting your player up wisely will give you an edge over the competition!

http://www.operation...81&postcount=10

Custom Soundpack
As you may or may not know, NHL 12 allows people to set their own custom playlists for in game events (team intros, goals, penalties, etc.). The great thing about this is you can stream the music from your computer and have the playlists pre-set. All you have to do is assign them to the specific events in game. You can find the pack here, along with full instructions on how to install it.

NHL 12 Soundpack
http://forum.ea.com/...st/5743466.page

Older Soundpack
http://www.thebreaka...ead.php?t=21508
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#2 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

Reserved
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#3 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:34 PM

Hey guys, I honestly figured you were going to just keep the team closed to just the five of you, so I actually started a club for my friends and I to play under. (I had all my family buy the game this year and some of my friends for the first time).

We'll see how that works out and maybe I'll play some later in the year when that dies down, I doubt it will be as hardcore as we have been. Looking forward to the GM connected, in whatever form it ends up becoming. I'll be checking into the thread still too.

#4 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:35 PM

Add me, you know I'm in like sin. Wow, so really, Matt, Alan, Nate and my self should be getting 5 year patches. I was however playing in 09-10 Cheapy D Allstars. I know I'm nit picking something so little, butttt. Lol Also, for searching is it still BTR as it says in the OP?

Edit: Love that video with Rage dude. Interesting fact, Nate was Webbering before Webbering was cool. 11:34!

Edited by Vulcan2422, 10 September 2012 - 10:56 PM.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#5 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

Ok sign me up anyway so I can get my 5 year patch, didn't know that was on the table :)

#6 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

Add me, you know I'm in like sin. Wow, so really, Matt, Alan, Nate and my self should be getting 5 year patches. I was however playing in 09-10 Cheapy D Allstars. I know I'm nit picking something so little, butttt. Lol Also, for searching is it still BTR as it says in the OP?

I know. I was just going to leave you and Destro on the roster because it would have been easy. Just trying to be "official" and not add people until they're physically on the club. Why? I don't know...because I'm retarded, lol.

Oh, and the team abbreviation is now EHH. :lol:

Ok sign me up anyway so I can get my 5 year patch, didn't know that was on the table :)

lol...I'd understand if you want to play with family and friends, Destro. Having the one locker room just really changed EASHL. Sure, there are nights when we might not have 5 on, and we're always open to more people joining then. But the game does just feel like it's set up for one group now. What I do wonder though is if they removed the "cool down" period for switching between clubs. I'm pretty sure they changed it from 48 hours to 24 hours last year because people complained so much. I wouldn't be surprised if it's gone entirely this year. That would at least give you some options. Whatever you want to do, man. I don't think anybody would blame you either way.

#7 Panther1484

Panther1484

Hail to Pitt!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

I think my feelings against the Canadians are well known...

Posted Image

#17 | Panther1484 | ShadyMarino | Shady Marino | Left Wing/Goalie

Let's get at it tomorrow night boys!

#8 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:02 PM

lol...I'd understand if you want to play with family and friends, Destro. Having the one locker room just really changed EASHL. Sure, there are nights when we might not have 5 on, and we're always open to more people joining then. But the game does just feel like it's set up for one group now. What I do wonder though is if they removed the "cool down" period for switching between clubs. I'm pretty sure they changed it from 48 hours to 24 hours last year because people complained so much. I wouldn't be surprised if it's gone entirely this year. That would at least give you some options. Whatever you want to do, man. I don't think anybody would blame you either way.

You guys just got into a groove and I honestly thought you were going to keep it just you five and not even have this thread this year. Which would have been totally understandable. I'm gonna test out playing with my friends and see how it goes, most of them are first timers so it's gonna be pretty rough. I'm pretty sure I'm going to devote a lot of time to GM connected this year and HUT, both more so than in the past.

Like I said, it might fall apart in 3 months and I'll need a home.

I would love to play some goalie this year possibly too, it's a lot easier this year as long as you play angles well.

#9 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:05 PM

This is the patch.

http://leopiliyandal.../09/aa_0041.jpg

I'll try making one later on. Hard to do on the Touchpad. Unless anybody else wishes.

Vulcan7905.png

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#10 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

Let's get at it tomorrow night boys!

Ironically, tomorrow night will be the first night I won't be able to play. Since my daughter was born, my schedule has been all over the place. Weekends are usually my refuge now, haha.

You guys just got into a groove and I honestly thought you were going to keep it just you five and not even have this thread this year. Which would have been totally understandable. I'm gonna test out playing with my friends and see how it goes, most of them are first timers so it's gonna be pretty rough. I'm pretty sure I'm going to devote a lot of time to GM connected this year and HUT, both more so than in the past.

Like I said, it might fall apart in 3 months and I'll need a home.

I would love to play some goalie this year possibly too, it's a lot easier this year as long as you play angles well.

Yeah, I'd never flat out exclude anybody from the team. Honestly, I felt like we weren't quite as "hardcore" this past year (at least the second half anyway). A lot of us were on different schedules and the flaws of NHL 12 just started to wear on everybody. We played to win, but we stopped over-analyzing things and basically expected to get screwed by the game at least 3 times a night. Hoping for better results this year, but we'll see.

As for goalie, it's always open for someone to learn and perform well. I've heard a few people say it's easier to play this year. The ironic part of that is that playing better than the AI goalie will also be tough this year though because they're pretty damn incredible at times. It probably would be fun to face human goalies more often though.

#11 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:31 PM

I'm in, although I haven't been able to spend a lot of time playing with 2 children around constantly. I'm still getting the game tomorrow and should have the night mostly free!

#37 | Matt Young | X Matt Young X | Honey Booboo | In order of preference: LD , RD, LW, RW, C

#12 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:38 PM

I'm in, although I haven't been able to spend a lot of time playing with 2 children around constantly. I'm still getting the game tomorrow and should have the night mostly free!

Congrats! :booty: Two different women or twins? ;)

Vulcan7905.png

#13 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:42 PM

That was worded poorly: I have been playing with the children, and not playing games much. They're not biologically my children, Gary, but thanks nonetheless. Long story, but I doubt anyone wants me to share more here! ;)

#14 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:24 AM

looking forward to following you guys this year. I dont have anywhere near the skillset to play but wil definitely be rooting you on!

#15 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:31 AM

I demand a three-year patch lol.

You guys know I'm in, especially since I've already played. Sadly though, I won't be able to play until Saturday, though I'll likely be on during the days.

#16 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:12 AM

[This Space For Sale]

(also, I'd like to change my position to "Utility Infielder" if that's alright, maybe "Designated Hitter" depending on what league we are in)

#17 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:06 AM

I see how it is, I don't get a patch.

#18 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

I see how it is, I don't get a patch.

Did you play in 08-09? Cause maybe it was messed up. I know I played on the Cheapy D all stars but I'm not on there.

Vulcan7905.png

#19 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:19 AM

Starting to get our legs under us a bit. We've won 4 straight, and 5 out of our last 6. Probably not too many teams created yet, but we're in the middle of the Pro division right now. Can't wait to have my skater leveled up AND have competent AI. Should be a lot of fun.

#20 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:26 AM

I was just getting bad lag in all seriousness. I felt horrible. I need to learn wing now as well.

Vulcan7905.png

#21 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:59 AM

I played a decent drop-in game today where I picked up two assists and could have had 2 more had the other players converted/goalies not been ridiculous.

#22 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:02 AM

45 Degree Cut Nate!

Vulcan7905.png

#23 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:07 AM

45 Degree Cut Nate!

I don't know what you want from me!!! :whee:

Actually, I figured out what you were talking about. I just need to learn how to do it effectively. The guy sounds like a huge toolbag, but it's good info, haha.

Ok, I got it, lol. That actually helps a lot and gives you way more control. Causes the defender to hesitate too, which can give you a great first step to get past him.

Edited by n8rockerasu, 12 September 2012 - 03:11 AM.

#24 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:10 AM

Did you play in 08-09? Cause maybe it was messed up. I know I played on the Cheapy D all stars but I'm not on there.

I was #18 for 08-09.

#25 Panther1484

Panther1484

Hail to Pitt!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:38 AM

Played two drop-in games, one in goal and one as a RW which wasn't set up. Ended up grabbing a garbage goal with time winding down in the third. Eventually lost when on a PP, the other winger passed backwards right into a 2-0 breakaway for the other team.

As for in goal, I ended up stopping 8 of 9 shots. Not great I know, but it helped having a great team in front of me and the opposing goalie blowing all over the place. Won 7-1, despite the goal I allowed being a fluky clear attempt bouncing off the other d-man and between my five goals. The shit goals have come back to haunt me haha. :roll:

That said, goalie does seem more improved. I'd love to try it occasionally once I feel comfortable with it. I'll keep practicing over the next couple days.

#26 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

Ok, goalie reactions really need to be toned down.

http://www.easports....video/134906584

Need to go back and slow it down but the goalie makes a glove save while he is pushing off on his glove to stand back up.

#27 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

Ok, goalie reactions really need to be toned down.

http://www.easports....video/134906584

Need to go back and slow it down but the goalie makes a glove save while he is pushing off on his glove to stand back up.

Wow, that is crazy. It's just tough because that one looked like it would be more of an issue with recovery time than reaction. I definitely think EA could stand to tone down the goalies just a hair. But if by doing that, they go way too far and make them susceptible to simple moves again, I'd rather they just leave them alone. I can handle 0-0 games relying on good defense, rather than 8-7 games where I feel like if we don't shoot 50%, we'll lose.

#28 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:14 PM

Fun playing with you guys for those couple OT thrillers last night. I intended to come back for more, but I at least got in a couple hours of play in addition to our EASHL games. Maybe more this evening?

#29 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:44 AM

Posted Image

#30 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:36 AM

The Alan achievement!

It's the little things that I'm impressed by

http://www.easports....video/135000193

http://www.easports....video/134922342

Vulcan7905.png