GameFly September 2012 Used Game Sale - Under $20 Blowout

• Please log in to reply
361 replies to this topic

#241 pasolini

pasolini

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

I feel cursed with Rayman Origins! This is, what, the 3rd time Gamefly has had it, yet i've missed it every time because it goes out of stock so rapidly. Then i made the disastrous mistake during Best Buy's recent sale of ordering it shipped, since one of my items wasn't in-store. Dumb decision - it got cancelled, naturally.

#242 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:19 AM

Yeah, I will be, I will give it another week before calling the cops. No sour cream but I did buy some salsa con queso cheese dip, i'm ready.

I had one gamefly game not show with no tracking.
I had a full refund in 6 minutes after my email
They're service is great
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#243 DeilGyre

DeilGyre

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:37 AM

Ah, missed LotR:WitN.
Maybe be a next time, hopefully.

They ever patch that game for 360?

#244 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:54 AM

The thing that gets me about the games they ship out without tracking #s is that they have a delivery confirmation # on them when they arrive. You can have some tracking ability with a DC #.

ach.png

#245 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:05 AM

Probably a bit of a noob question and I apologize if this has been covered, but do you have to be an existing gamefly member to take advantage of this sale?

Could I sign up for the 30 day trial and purchase some games? Beyond that, do you "rent" the game, and is there an available option to "keep" it, beyond the description link.

#246 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:06 AM

Dang it. Syndicate - out, Sonic Generations - out, skipping Mario Kart due to KMart having it that price on Sunday....thinking about Twisted Metal, but with Borderlands 2 on the way.....eh...seems like I'm always a day late to these parties. :)

Happy hunting everyone.

One question - when did inflation kick in so that it is now the $1,000,000 Dollar Pyramid?

#247 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:27 AM

Probably a bit of a noob question and I apologize if this has been covered, but do you have to be an existing gamefly member to take advantage of this sale?

Could I sign up for the 30 day trial and purchase some games? Beyond that, do you "rent" the game, and is there an available option to "keep" it, beyond the description link.

You can buy the games without a subscription. However I think you can rent and then pay the keep price on games if you do the trial.

#248 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:06 AM

still waiting for sonic rayman and halo to shio from an order early yesterday

#249 JediDeath

JediDeath

Casual Fribsday 2024

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:34 AM

Dang it. Syndicate - out, Sonic Generations - out, skipping Mario Kart due to KMart having it that price on Sunday....thinking about Twisted Metal, but with Borderlands 2 on the way.....eh...seems like I'm always a day late to these parties. :)

Happy hunting everyone.

Which version of Syndicate were you looking for, PS3 or 360?

#250 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

So I have had Syndicate on my shelf all summer after buying it during a B2G1 at BBY. Finally popped it in and I have to say I am kind of disappointed. It is not bad. It just does not bowl me over. I mean for $8 it will be serviceable but overall I am not impressed so far. I guess the co-op was the really nice thing about it but there is not too much going on there. Anyway, I am going to try to finish it but right now I just want to get through and trade it for $12.60. Oh yea it has frozen my system up twice which is rare for me.

#251 stingray2772

stingray2772

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:04 PM

You can buy the games without a subscription. However I think you can rent and then pay the keep price on games if you do the trial.

Does anybody know any more about how it works with renting and then paying to keep the game?

I REALLY want Halo, and wouldn't mind Sonic Generations for the Xbox 360... even if these games come back in stock it is hard to tell if I'll have access to a computer for the 15 minutes it might be available. So if I'm planning on buying it, what down side would there be? I've never done a game fly rental or purchase.

Keep
If you've rented a great game and want to own it, click Keep and the game is all yours up to 50% off retail prices!
Once you confirm that you want to Keep:
You keep the game disc you already have.
The original case and manual should arrive within 5 business days.
The credit card in My Account is charged our low pre-played game price and any applicable sales tax, as well as a small shipping and handling charge if you are not a paying rental member.
Your purchase will process within 24 hours, and then we’ll send the next available title in your GameQ.
All pre-played game purchases are final.
Your credit card will not be charged until you confirm your purchase.

So IF the prices are what the KEEP actually shows, then I guess I would get charged shipping and handling (hopefully wouldn't rape me on that)... Bidding on these eBay copies sucks, most are still going up to $20 bucks with shipping on top of them. If I can get it for $13.00 + shipping (as long as it isn't like 6 bucks or more), then I think I'd be doing alright. Anybody else got any ideas on how to get this game cheap?

#252 investor

investor

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

No. And that's why the :360: is cheaper than the :ps3:

Ah, missed LotR:WitN.
Maybe be a next time, hopefully.

They ever patch that game for 360?

I just started playing Syndicate, and I'm having fun. It did freeze on my once, but BF3 freezes on my all the time, and it's not a problem for me. Syndicate's campaign is cool, and the co-op is awesome. I have no trouble finding someone to play with so far.

So I have had Syndicate on my shelf all summer after buying it during a B2G1 at BBY. Finally popped it in and I have to say I am kind of disappointed. It is not bad. It just does not bowl me over. I mean for $8 it will be serviceable but overall I am not impressed so far. I guess the co-op was the really nice thing about it but there is not too much going on there. Anyway, I am going to try to finish it but right now I just want to get through and trade it for $12.60. Oh yea it has frozen my system up twice which is rare for me.

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#253 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

still not shipped on my start of sale purchase of sonic rayman and halo im wondering if i should call them

#254 boopman69

boopman69

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

Got my Twisted Metal with Black code and HaloCEA with avatar item and slipcase in only 2 days:applause:
:applause:Gamefly Handling Bizniz = Like a BOSS:applause:

#255 madcyantist

madcyantist

Impulsive Buyer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

still not shipped on my start of sale purchase of sonic rayman and halo im wondering if i should call them

why do you repeatedly post this? does your life depend on playing these games?

#256 thirtytwoutside

thirtytwoutside

HOW CAN SHE SLAP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

Thank you for the daily updates. I'm super curious to see how your experience is going and I'm dying to know when your games ship because it - like all videogame related things - directly affects my well-being, as it should for everyone.
CAG: Where it doesn't matter how good or how cheap a game is, but games would only be "worth buying" to people if only they were $10 cheaper.

#257 aerol

aerol

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

Bought and received a copy of NFS: The Run that had part of the game label scratched off. You could see through the disc. Needless to say, it didn't work. That'll be the first game I got from them DOA.

So now we go through the RMA/re-order process. What a pain.
Posted Image

#258 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

Thank you for the daily updates. I'm super curious to see how your experience is going and I'm dying to know when your games ship because it - like all videogame related things - directly affects my well-being, as it should for everyone.

wow where did you and the other douche come from because last i checked

most people who have never bought from gamefly would want to know how long it takes for them to ship/receive during these sales

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND

the fact that some people not only shipped but also received in less than 1 day where mine hasnt shipped in 2+ days could mean some kind of issue or that they may have oversold their stock

#259 madcyantist

madcyantist

Impulsive Buyer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

I think you can evaluate how long shipping generally takes by user comments. If you feel you have a problem please contact gamefly. We don't need daily updates about how you were "the first" to place an order and how that order is still pending.

#260 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

Well I got lucky and my Twisted Metal came with the code for Twisted Metal Black. Yeah. Halo CE came with all the codes also.

#261 UberSwiss

UberSwiss

Cheap Suits?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

Well I got lucky and my Twisted Metal came with the code for Twisted Metal Black. Yeah. Halo CE came with all the codes also.

Slip cover included on Halo? Thanks
Currently Playing:
:360: Halo 4/NBA 2k13
:ps3: Assassins Creed 3

Posted Image

#262 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

Unfortunately no...but I had 3 games so it was a tight fit. You might have better luck if you only ordered it as a single or with one other game.

#263 UberSwiss

UberSwiss

Cheap Suits?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

For those that care, I contacted GF about my Halo order that hadn't been fulfilled yet. Pretty much, as you probably guessed, oversold their allotment and are working on a solution. Two hours of extra orders came in after they sold out so it seems likely a cancellation may be coming in the future.
Currently Playing:
:360: Halo 4/NBA 2k13
:ps3: Assassins Creed 3

Posted Image

#264 MrBubbles

MrBubbles

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

My Sonic Generations order shipped the next day, now its out of the distribution center's hands.

I live in northern NJ and it always takes 3-4 business days for me to get my package. GameFly's closest distribution center is in Penn, so what's the hold up with the USPS? Anyone else from NJ wanna chime in? Not just GameFly, I also ordered a book from PA, USPS again, and I'm about to hit the 3 day mark tomorrow.

I can send something from here to California and it takes 3 days, I kinda expected at least the next day or 2 days.

How does that even work logistically? :cold:

#265 VALObranded

VALObranded

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

Do those Halo codes include the avatar armor/grunt funeral skull as well as the DLC map pack?
Posted Image

#266 ray2dee

ray2dee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

I recieved the slip cover and all the codes

-Maps & Grunt Feneral

#267 dcswirl

dcswirl

You'll Never Walk Alone

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

Lotr was in stock again for 360 but was unavailable by the time I hit submit....hate that shit!

Currently playing

Too many to mention

#268 ripoffer

ripoffer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:26 PM

Why can't I buy it on Gamefly.com? It says keep but I didn't rent it and I'm not a member anymore.

#269 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:41 PM

Why can't I buy it on Gamefly.com? It says keep but I didn't rent it and I'm not a member anymore.

The keep option is only for current members. It will show the option but you can choose it since you are not a member. That also means the item is out of stock.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#270 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Future Terrorist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:28 AM

I hope NG-3 goes lower on the next sell. I'll bite when its $9

4991513+_e6894703896f41d526744ca241878434991513+_87244bedbf8b77b7de5c1ff2599ced4