Tales of Graces F Amazon Price Match 39.99 FSSS

[quote name='sasuke543']Will this be rare like the previous Tales? I know I had a hard time finding a used copy of Tales of Vesperia...[/QUOTE]

Rare? How? Tales games haven't been going rare for awhile. Vesperia can still be had new (except for the LE edition), and Abyss for Ps2 hit $20 at WW while the 3DS version can still be found new. But if you're talking, find it for $15 during a b2g1 free then ya pretty rare.

Unless this is sarcasm...

Edit: Like the guy below me says, pleas buy it new. With Tales games they really do count on sales to localize the games. I know all translated games do, but with games like Persona there seems to be a guaranteed translation since its popular enough. With Tales... it's always "Oh god I hope the last version sold enough so we can get the new one state side".

[quote name='sasuke543']Will this be rare like the previous Tales? I know I had a hard time finding a used copy of Tales of Vesperia...[/QUOTE]

Hard to say. I thought it might have gone rare, since there was a period where GameStop didn't have any stock left and few local stores around me had it, but this price drop makes me think they're still manufacturing. But that doesn't necessarily mean they have a huge supply, so if the demand necessarily spikes like GS intends to do with this sale, then supply might go quickly. Only time will tell.

As a personal favor to me though guys, if you ever do end up buying this, please buy it new. More sales means more chances that they'll continue to bring Tales games stateside. Granted, part of the reason Graces did so poorly (even though it was "within expectations", apparently) is due to lack of promotion from Namco, but regardless, more sales could go a long way. And these are excellent games that deserve to be enjoyed, and not just by the few who are willing and able to import (like I'm going to have to do with PS3 Vesperia). :bouncy:

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Rare? How? Tales games haven't been going rare for awhile. Vesperia can still be had new (except for the LE edition), and Abyss for Ps2 hit $20 at WW while the 3DS version can still be found new. But if you're talking, find it for $15 during a b2g1 free then ya pretty rare.

Unless this is sarcasm...[/QUOTE]

They hold their value and rarely drop sub-$20 (over several years) compared to most other popular RPG's. To some people, that's rare as there typically aren't a lot of copies at in-store locations, even at release. In Vesperia's case, a second printing also helped bring down the value.

Yes please buy it new. Tales of Grace F sold horrible in the states so if this price drop doesn't get a decent boost in sales, it may never come to the states again.

Edit: then again Tales games never sell well.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Yes please buy it new. Tales of Grace F sold horrible in the states so if this price drop doesn't get a decent boost in sales, it may never come to the states again.

Edit: then again Tales games never sell well.[/QUOTE]

Tales of Xillia 2 is already pretty much confirmed, I doubt it really matters if you buy Graces new now.

[quote name='maxiell']Tales of Xillia 2 is already pretty much confirmed, I doubt it really matters if you buy Graces new now.[/QUOTE]

2? I know 1 is confirmed, but 2?

[quote name='maxiell']Tales of Xillia 2 is already pretty much confirmed, I doubt it really matters if you buy Graces new now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know it is comfirmed but it does matter if you buy it new as it helps as a counter for how many people buy/support Tales.

I should have said that we may never have one translated after Xillia.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']2? I know 1 is confirmed, but 2?[/QUOTE]

I think he meant 1.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']2? I know 1 is confirmed, but 2?[/QUOTE]

Definitely not. They haven't even seen how 1 has done yet, they wouldn't be talking about localizing 2 already.

Been holding off myself. I don't know if I should get it or not. I loved Vesperia to death. I still have Abyss on PS2/PC to play through.

I have a big big backlog and more than likely wouldn't play this for a long time.

Xillia 1 is already confirmed, so Graces F must have sold somewhat tolerably for that to happen. Xillia 2 will probably be almost entirely dependent on the success, or not, of Xillia 1.

[quote name='Prismatico']In Vesperia's case, a second printing also helped bring down the value.[/QUOTE]

True. The LE of Vesperia, though, remains one of the rarest 360 games in existence.

Not that there are many rare 360 releases. Mass Effect 1 LE goes for a lot, as does BioShock LE. And the Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest, unless they make more. That's about all I can think of.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Rare? How? Tales games haven't been going rare for awhile. Vesperia can still be had new (except for the LE edition), and Abyss for Ps2 hit $20 at WW while the 3DS version can still be found new. But if you're talking, find it for $15 during a b2g1 free then ya pretty rare.

Unless this is sarcasm...

Edit: Like the guy below me says, pleas buy it new. With Tales games they really do count on sales to localize the games. I know all translated games do, but with games like Persona there seems to be a guaranteed translation since its popular enough. With Tales... it's always "Oh god I hope the last version sold enough so we can get the new one state side".[/QUOTE]

I doubt they were being sarcastic as the Tales games were quite rare and pricey for some time. Tales of Abyss was going for $50-$60 used on Ebay until a rash of reprints collapsed the pricing. Vesperia was also pricey and hard to find new until it too receive a couple bulk reprints.

[quote name='morrodox']Xillia 1 is already confirmed, so Graces F must have sold somewhat tolerably for that to happen. Xillia 2 will probably be almost entirely dependent on the success, or not, of Xillia 1.

True. The LE of Vesperia, though, remains one of the rarest 360 games in existence.

Not that there are many rare 360 releases. Mass Effect 1 LE goes for a lot, as does BioShock LE. And the Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest, unless they make more. That's about all I can think of.[/QUOTE]

Xillia was confirmed because the president of NB or the head of the studios said that they did not advertise/give enough effort for Grace F to sell well (in America) so they confirmed the next one (Xillia) in hope that they showcase it and sell well.

[quote name='morrodox']Xillia 1 is already confirmed, so Graces F must have sold somewhat tolerably for that to happen. Xillia 2 will probably be almost entirely dependent on the success, or not, of Xillia 1.

Not that there are many rare 360 releases. Mass Effect 1 LE goes for a lot, as does BioShock LE. And the Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest, unless they make more. That's about all I can think of.[/QUOTE]

*hugs flawless LE Vesperia*

bought one when i saw the price drop in my cart at amazon... i was going to buy it full price last week so i'm glad i never got around to placing that order

I haven't played any Tales games, but I do like some JRPGs (Xeno series, Grandia, DQ). I've watched a few gameplay videos, is the battle all real time? I'm not completely opposed, but I do prefer traditional turn-based (but not grid/sjrpgs). Is there another game in the series that is less expensive that I should check out first?

I'm glad Amazon finally pricematched GS (which was supposed to be a universal price drop?). I don't think the game will be that rare - I edited my cart to have 999 copies of it and they do apparently have that many in stock. Plus it only just got release in Europe, so they're still making copies.

FYI - California residents: Amazon will begin charging sales tax starting the 15th (this Saturday). So if you're planning on buying this or anything else from Amazon, might as well buy now to save some money.
http://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Online-buying-surges-as-tax-deadline-looms-3843159.php

[quote name='Multibeaster79']I haven't played any Tales games, but I do like some JRPGs (Xeno series, Grandia, DQ). I've watched a few gameplay videos, is the battle all real time? I'm not completely opposed, but I do prefer traditional turn-based (but not grid/sjrpgs). Is there another game in the series that is less expensive that I should check out first?[/QUOTE]

Vesperia on the 360 is cheaper. Abyss on 3DS is $40. The rest are all OOP.

[quote name='Multibeaster79']I haven't played any Tales games, but I do like some JRPGs (Xeno series, Grandia, DQ). I've watched a few gameplay videos, is the battle all real time? I'm not completely opposed, but I do prefer traditional turn-based (but not grid/sjrpgs). Is there another game in the series that is less expensive that I should check out first?[/QUOTE]

Ya, it's real time. You go on a battle field, see the monsters and you can choose to battle them or run away. If you battle them it takes you to this "fight dimension"-thing that's a big circle and it goes to real time battle.

bread's done
Back