40 replies to this topic

#1 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic Mystaria

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:39 PM

Sale is now over. RIP.

So I wanted to share for the 1st time.

Gamefly has a 60% off Sims 3, Expansions and Item packs sale going on.
http://www.gamefly.c...&stop_mobi=once

At the check out, use promo code 1GFT82012 for an additional 20% off! This promo code can only be used ONCE per account. So be sure you have EVERYTHING you want before you check out!

After you purchase you can check your purchase history, get the CD-Keys for your Sims 3 items and redeem them on https://www.thesims3...isteragame.html
After its redeemed you will have it on your EA/Origin account for download.

Enjoy! ^_^

Edited by Mysticales, 14 September 2012 - 11:15 PM.

#2 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:42 PM

Question: I have The Sims 3 base game for Steam. Will these work with that?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic Mystaria

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:48 PM

According to steam forums. "No" since steam has its own launcher and way of linking. Origin Downloads or so cant work on steam base. (Or Physical copies it seems) So steam has to run with steam bought sims 3. HOWEVER you should be able to right click Sims 3 in your library, get the cd key. Redeem it on the website and have a origin copy. Then you can link all these to that. Most people use Origin for Sims 3 so its easier to use the Sims Store for stuff.

card.png

~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~

#4 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:13 PM

May have to go on this. Valve (Steam) is terrible at getting these expansions up to date. Diesel Stuff, Sweet Treats, and Supernatural are not available. To anybody that has the game on Steam, just activate on Origin and buy somewhere else to complete the collection.

#5 Cbarnes86

Cbarnes86

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:30 PM

Grrrrr... I just bought the last two stuff packs I needed on Origin for 19.99 for both. Would've been able to save a bit with this deal...

#6 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic Mystaria

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

Also this deal atm is better then Origins "Buy 1 Sims 3 item get one free" deal atm. For myself, I bought the Showtimes/Perry CE with that 20% coupon to test it out. (If it could be redeemed on Origin) Then to my surprise, it could. So I went back to buy Pets and Late Nights only to learn 20% promo code is 1 time per account heh. Either way I am happy to least get a nice small collection for under 40$. =)

card.png

#7 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:57 PM

My gf loves the Sims and only recently bought The Sims 3 so I sent this to her to check out. Pretty good deals.

#8 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:25 AM

Wow, if you want the complete Sims 3 experience so far, its only $108.70 (!)

Its practically free!

Sarcasm aside, that is some real savings there for people looking to add some expansions to their collection. Nice work, OP.

(C'mon, EA - just let me have it for $60 and lets call it good.)

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#9 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:00 AM

Wow this is a really good deal if your into Sims. Wife was shocked at how cheap everything was all together. Your saving 60% and then you throw in another 20% off that price? Damn.

#10 syndragore

syndragore

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:56 AM

how long do these prices last?

#11 imacjenn

imacjenn

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:33 AM

Also, Sims 3 Supernatural is on sale at Best Buy this week for $24.95 (free shipping).

#12 Guest_gustyrainbow43_*

Guest_gustyrainbow43_*

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:14 AM

Thanks imacjenn need to get that one as i havent got it yet. Cheers!!!

http://www.ps3graffix.uni.me/yet/

#13 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic Mystaria

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

Sale Ends 9/13/2012 at 11:59 PM PST

Edit: Looked at Best Buy, yea seems they are having abit of a sale too. I should mention tho. Just saw Amazon for supernatural LE. Also 25$ and for those of us with Prime.. Free Shipping is a win. =D
http://www.amazon.co...TF8&me=&seller=

card.png

#14 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

Does the 20% off coupon come off the standard price, or off the sale price? For example, am I getting another $6 off Late Night (since it's $30 normally) or just another $2.40 off (it's on sale for $12.)

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#15 kaseyjakes

kaseyjakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

these downloads don't work on a mac? bummer. :(

#16 mkaliaz

mkaliaz

Scurvy Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

Does the 20% off coupon come off the standard price, or off the sale price? For example, am I getting another $6 off Late Night (since it's $30 normally) or just another $2.40 off (it's on sale for $12.)

I would love to know this too. Essentially the question is if its either 80% total off or somewhere between 60 and 80 (too tired this morning to figure out the math, hahah).

#17 itsdrea

itsdrea

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

finally generations is at a decent price!!
just gotta research if i can install sims 3 on my new comp since i installed it on my old pc.

#18 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic Mystaria

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

The 20% comes off the sale price. (Which is still decent if you think about it for picking up expansions)

Also as for Mac. Keep in mind, the idea is buy off Gamefly. Then get the Cd-Key, redeem on the sims 3 website. Then use origin to download it. So not sure if Origin has a Mac download version? If it does, you are set.

card.png

#19 mlow44

mlow44

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

I would love to know this too. Essentially the question is if its either 80% total off or somewhere between 60 and 80 (too tired this morning to figure out the math, hahah).

that 20% off code translates to an extra 8% off the full price, making the total savings 68% off.

Now, I bought Sims Medieval and the Pirates & Nobles expansion pack but can't redeem the codes on Origin. Origin tells me I need to redeem them on the Sims 3 website and the Sims 3 website says they're invalid codes. Any ideas what's going on there?

#20 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic Mystaria

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:03 PM

Are you entering them on the right part of the website? (Where all the numbers fit) reason is, there it another code spot one that is just for items.

If THAT doesnt work. Email or Live chat with EA. Give them your keys, they will manually redeem them on your EA account. (Thats how I got my Sims 2 keys working on Origin)

Also you can try http://activate.ea.com

card.png

#21 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:55 AM

Bought 5 packs for my wife. Thankfully origin has that hide games.option

#22 wuxbustah8

wuxbustah8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:36 AM

Anyone have a lot of experience with the Sims 3? Which expansion packs are the good ones?

fs_overall.png

#23 Treythalomew

Treythalomew

Add me on PSN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:26 AM

Pretty good deals. I've been waiting for Pets to drop under 20 for my sister. Wish I hadn't wasted my 20% coupon on Quantum Conundrum last month for .75 off.
Posted Image

#24 kkotd

kkotd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:47 AM

Just got boned by their verification system, now I have to wait 18 hours to get a phone call to 'verify' that I am me and not some Sim addicted antelope who is interested in the human condition.

#25 Trelow

Trelow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:09 AM

Anyone have a lot of experience with the Sims 3? Which expansion packs are the good ones?

Best one is Ambitions IMHO.

After that I'd say Supernatural, Late Night, Showtime, Pets, Generations, then World Adventures.
Tempus Fugit, Memento Mori.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:22 AM

Haven't played Sims 3. I enjoyed playing Sims 2 by building a house and decorating the interior (don't judge me, lol)

Is The Sims 3 just as good or better regarding that particular aspect of the game?

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#27 mombbsmj

mombbsmj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:00 AM

I'd say Sims 3 is much better at building and decorating. You can have basements and diagonal furniture...don't judge me either. :)

#28 Trelow

Trelow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

It's ok guys. You don't have to qualify your enjoyment of the Sims with 'no homo'. This isn't T Nation.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

Just got boned by their verification system, now I have to wait 18 hours to get a phone call to 'verify' that I am me and not some Sim addicted antelope who is interested in the human condition.

Ditto.

WTF is flagging this? I got this for my wife last night and intended to set it up for her to mess with today while I was at work, and now I'm waiting for these bozos to... verify me? That I really actually did intend to buy the Katy Perry Collector's Edition?

I wonder if that extra 20% coupon code is flagging something. Anyone know?
Posted Image

#30 Trelow

Trelow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

Probably the country their payment processing is done in. My bank flags damn near everything and I have to call to have it cleared.

Posted Image
Posted Image