Gamefly Sims 3 + Packs Sale! 60% off + extra 20% with coupon! (Origin) - Ended

Mysticales

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Sale is now over. RIP.

So I wanted to share for the 1st time.

Gamefly has a 60% off Sims 3, Expansions and Item packs sale going on.
http://www.gamefly.com/download-gam...5000412,157510&cid=simgd091112&stop_mobi=once

At the check out, use promo code 1GFT82012 for an additional 20% off! This promo code can only be used ONCE per account. So be sure you have EVERYTHING you want before you check out!

After you purchase you can check your purchase history, get the CD-Keys for your Sims 3 items and redeem them on https://www.thesims3.com/registeragame.html
After its redeemed you will have it on your EA/Origin account for download.

Enjoy! ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
According to steam forums. "No" since steam has its own launcher and way of linking. Origin Downloads or so cant work on steam base. (Or Physical copies it seems) So steam has to run with steam bought sims 3. HOWEVER you should be able to right click Sims 3 in your library, get the cd key. Redeem it on the website and have a origin copy. Then you can link all these to that. Most people use Origin for Sims 3 so its easier to use the Sims Store for stuff.

May have to go on this. Valve (Steam) is terrible at getting these expansions up to date. Diesel Stuff, Sweet Treats, and Supernatural are not available. To anybody that has the game on Steam, just activate on Origin and buy somewhere else to complete the collection.

Grrrrr... I just bought the last two stuff packs I needed on Origin for 19.99 for both. Would've been able to save a bit with this deal...

Also this deal atm is better then Origins "Buy 1 Sims 3 item get one free" deal atm. For myself, I bought the Showtimes/Perry CE with that 20% coupon to test it out. (If it could be redeemed on Origin) Then to my surprise, it could. So I went back to buy Pets and Late Nights only to learn 20% promo code is 1 time per account heh. Either way I am happy to least get a nice small collection for under 40$. =)

My gf loves the Sims and only recently bought The Sims 3 so I sent this to her to check out. Pretty good deals.

Wow, if you want the complete Sims 3 experience so far, its only $108.70 (!)

Its practically free!

Sarcasm aside, that is some real savings there for people looking to add some expansions to their collection. Nice work, OP.

(C'mon, EA - just let me have it for $60 and lets call it good.)

Wow this is a really good deal if your into Sims. Wife was shocked at how cheap everything was all together. Your saving 60% and then you throw in another 20% off that price? Damn.

Thanks imacjenn need to get that one as i havent got it yet. Cheers!!!

yet

Does the 20% off coupon come off the standard price, or off the sale price? For example, am I getting another $6 off Late Night (since it's $30 normally) or just another $2.40 off (it's on sale for $12.)

[quote name='MSUHitman']Does the 20% off coupon come off the standard price, or off the sale price? For example, am I getting another $6 off Late Night (since it's $30 normally) or just another $2.40 off (it's on sale for $12.)[/QUOTE]

I would love to know this too. Essentially the question is if its either 80% total off or somewhere between 60 and 80 (too tired this morning to figure out the math, hahah).

The 20% comes off the sale price. (Which is still decent if you think about it for picking up expansions)

Also as for Mac. Keep in mind, the idea is buy off Gamefly. Then get the Cd-Key, redeem on the sims 3 website. Then use origin to download it. So not sure if Origin has a Mac download version? If it does, you are set.

[quote name='mkaliaz']I would love to know this too. Essentially the question is if its either 80% total off or somewhere between 60 and 80 (too tired this morning to figure out the math, hahah).[/QUOTE]

that 20% off code translates to an extra 8% off the full price, making the total savings 68% off.

Now, I bought Sims Medieval and the Pirates & Nobles expansion pack but can't redeem the codes on Origin. Origin tells me I need to redeem them on the Sims 3 website and the Sims 3 website says they're invalid codes. Any ideas what's going on there?

Are you entering them on the right part of the website? (Where all the numbers fit) reason is, there it another code spot one that is just for items.

If THAT doesnt work. Email or Live chat with EA. Give them your keys, they will manually redeem them on your EA account. (Thats how I got my Sims 2 keys working on Origin)

Also you can try http://activate.ea.com

Pretty good deals. I've been waiting for Pets to drop under 20 for my sister. Wish I hadn't wasted my 20% coupon on Quantum Conundrum last month for .75 off.

Just got boned by their verification system, now I have to wait 18 hours to get a phone call to 'verify' that I am me and not some Sim addicted antelope who is interested in the human condition.

[quote name='wuxbustah8']Anyone have a lot of experience with the Sims 3? Which expansion packs are the good ones?[/QUOTE]

Best one is Ambitions IMHO.

After that I'd say Supernatural, Late Night, Showtime, Pets, Generations, then World Adventures.

Haven't played Sims 3. I enjoyed playing Sims 2 by building a house and decorating the interior (don't judge me, lol)

Is The Sims 3 just as good or better regarding that particular aspect of the game?

I'd say Sims 3 is much better at building and decorating. You can have basements and diagonal furniture...don't judge me either. :)

[quote name='kkotd']Just got boned by their verification system, now I have to wait 18 hours to get a phone call to 'verify' that I am me and not some Sim addicted antelope who is interested in the human condition.[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

WTF is flagging this? I got this for my wife last night and intended to set it up for her to mess with today while I was at work, and now I'm waiting for these bozos to... verify me? That I really actually did intend to buy the Katy Perry Collector's Edition?

I wonder if that extra 20% coupon code is flagging something. Anyone know?

Probably the country their payment processing is done in. My bank flags damn near everything and I have to call to have it cleared.

Nope, didnt flag anything here. I made 2 seperate transactions. Nothing flagged.

As for expansions. I went with Katy Perry-Showtime CE, Pets and Late Night. Then just bought Supernatural from Amazon. (After the mention of Bestbuy having it for 25$)

Generations and Ambitions might be cool, however on modthesims.info it seems alot of sims need these 2 packs for the custom sims etc.

Is anyone else's product key missing a set of letters/numbers? I bought the Katy Perry Showtime Collectors edition blah blah blah and received two keys. One for showtime. One for the KP content. The KP content is 5 letters short of being a complete key however...

[quote name='apterous']Ditto.

WTF is flagging this? I got this for my wife last night and intended to set it up for her to mess with today while I was at work, and now I'm waiting for these bozos to... verify me? That I really actually did intend to buy the Katy Perry Collector's Edition?

I wonder if that extra 20% coupon code is flagging something. Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think it's the 20% coupon..... I bought town like stuff pack by itself with no coupon so i can make sure everything worked fine with my dvd version of sims 3. When i purchased that, it was pretty much immediate that i got the activation code and access. Then i went ahead and placed a bigger order with pretty much all the rest of the items and used the 20% code and that's when I ran into this issue where they are saying they'll call me to verify.

Guess I have to wait now

[quote name='mtxbass1']Is anyone else's product key missing a set of letters/numbers? I bought the Katy Perry Showtime Collectors edition blah blah blah and received two keys. One for showtime. One for the KP content. The KP content is 5 letters short of being a complete key however...[/QUOTE]

Yes, its missing 5 chars cause its an item redeem.
http://www.thesims3.com/incentive/CollectorsRedeem Thats where you redeem it at. =)

As for the coupon. Nope, but some banks will lock a transaction. (Bank of america does this alot..) What happens is. When you buy a small item somewhere.. then followed by a big item. The bank thinks its possible fraud. Cause stolen cards, people will try to make a small purchase, to test it. Now Gamefly might have a thing too to protect people.

[quote name='Mysticales']Yes, its missing 5 chars cause its an item redeem.
http://www.thesims3.com/incentive/CollectorsRedeem Thats where you redeem it at. =)

As for the coupon. Nope, but some banks will lock a transaction. (Bank of america does this alot..) What happens is. When you buy a small item somewhere.. then followed by a big item. The bank thinks its possible fraud. Cause stolen cards, people will try to make a small purchase, to test it. Now Gamefly might have a thing too to protect people.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!! That was the last piece I needed to figure out. :)

[quote name='Mysticales']Yes, its missing 5 chars cause its an item redeem.

As for the coupon. Nope, but some banks will lock a transaction. (Bank of america does this alot..) What happens is. When you buy a small item somewhere.. then followed by a big item. The bank thinks its possible fraud. Cause stolen cards, people will try to make a small purchase, to test it. Now Gamefly might have a thing too to protect people.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thanks!!!

I got the call from gamefly, all they did was confirm my address and credit card number and then tey approved the sale.... everything works through Origin!!!!

I already had sims 3 and world adventures, so i got all the rest of the packs for $100 after the coupon ( an no tax either )...... pretty good deal.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']May have to go on this. Valve (Steam) is terrible at getting these expansions up to date. Diesel Stuff, Sweet Treats, and Supernatural are not available. To anybody that has the game on Steam, just activate on Origin and buy somewhere else to complete the collection.[/QUOTE]

It's not up to Valve to update products on Steam. The publishers/devs do that (submit updates). Is it any surprise EA is taking their time now that they have Origin?

It's an underhanded move that apparently works.

Sale is over, Looks like it was a late fluke they had it still running this morning instead of closing it at midnight like they said. The 20% off coupon should still work tho!

bread's done
Back