CAGcast #296: Mark, The Ninja

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#91 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

$299 for entry level Wii U package. $349 for the deluxe package including a game, 4x storage, enrollment in Nintendo premium rewards, etc.

But they priced it so you have to buy the $349 package unless you're an idiot.

IT came in higher priced than I thought it was going to come in. I thought they would hit $249.

I did notice that Reggie specifically said MSRP when announcing the pricing in a way that led me to believe that there is room for deals on this thing up front for retailers to offer.

#92 Sir Loinsteak

Sir Loinsteak

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

Glad you guys are back. I missed the show. Have you ever thought about doing a longer show? Also I'm interested in a 360 walking dead code.

#93 Conboy

Conboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

Wombat, great points on the Dark Knight Rises. I purchased Mark of the Ninjaa on day one, and have loved playing it. Really well done.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#94 AriesDog

AriesDog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

Cheapy, if you like the DC Comics DVD movies you should check out the Young Justice animated series. At first it focuses on just the sidekicks but they take it seriously. No Teen Titans goofiness. Pretty soon in integrates with the grown-up Justice League too. The version of the DC Universe in this show is better than what's currently in the comics.

(Walking Dead 3 for Xbox 360 please.)

#95 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

Was it just me or was the audio for the TwitchTV CAGcast really really bad? It kept going in and out, and as much as I would love to hear more about the nude pic Cheapy showed the crowd, I had to stop listening.

Same here! I thought maybe my iphone was shaq-fuing it up.

Totally agree with Cheapy about the bane voice. It just struck me as so obvious that it was a separate recording. The motions and expressions of the bane actor were completely mismatched with the voice. I was blown away by how crappy this was done on an otherwise excellently executed movie.

Also I'd love to try out Walking Dead, and so please put my name in the hat. Thanks!

#96 eataburger

eataburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

GREAT episode this week guys. A combination of having more time between eps and a lot of stuff to talk about made for an entertaining listen.

I especially liked the Sushi talk and WiiU guessing. Interesting that Nintendo didn't pack in a Wii-mote in either bundles - I don't think I would have noticed this if you guys didn't bring it up.

Also, I'd love to get Episode 3 Walking Dead if it's an Xbox360 code.

Thanks!

#97 CozmoKhan

CozmoKhan

Go Blackhawks!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

I'm in the extreme minority that believes that TDKR gets worse the more it is looked at. I walked out of the theater extremely disappointed and my dislike of the movie only grows.

There are just way too many plot holes in the story to make it worthwhile. I'll leave my list off this post.

Maybe if I saw it baked, it would be better.

With regard to The Walking Dead, I'd be happy with a code for 360. I'm going to play the game eventually, once I find time to get back to my xbox.

Great work as always on the CAGCast. You're still my #1 podcast.

#98 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

Regarding Banes voice, I hated it. Not because it sounded terrible, but because it was so loud. Some people said it was fine in their theater, but when he spoke, his voice was booming and everyone else I could barely hear. His however, was so loud it was unintelligible. But in terms of HOW he spoke, I really liked it. It fit in well with what Ra's said in the original film about "theatrics", and Bane seemed to do well with that in terms of how he spoke.

I also liked it, but in the IMAX theater I went to it wasn't overly loud compared to the rest of the audio.

His best line was definitely "Do you feel in charge?"

when Vulture caught up with Hardy at last night's Dark Knight Rises premiere, we asked him to explain the inspiration. "It's based on a guy named Bartley Gorman," he told us. (So, not Mr. Belevedere?) "He's the king of the gypsies, and he's a boxer, a bare-knuckle boxer, an Irish traveler, a gypsy."

http://www.vulture.c...nspiration.html

Edited by Curufinwe, 14 September 2012 - 02:24 AM.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#99 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

LOL, love that you guys admit to having shit stains.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#100 mrbomb

mrbomb

A Tasty Classic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

You guys need to play Double Dragon Neon immediately, loving the game so far.

Also if you have a Walking Dead Episode 3 for ps3 up for grabs that would rock :D
Posted Image

#101 Lumina

Lumina

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:13 PM

Excellent show guys. Interesting note, I had never heard of Audioboo before, so thanks for introducing me to that. I went back and listened to most of Cheapy's old boos. The Komachi Krazies boos were funny. Great review of Papo & Yo too, I think I'm going to have to check that out. I had no idea that's what it was about.

#102 Majin Stan

Majin Stan

You have a little CAG left on your face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

Cheapy I agree with you on Bane's voice, it seemed very odd.

I also agree, but its an improvement over Wombat's normal voice. Actually, Wombat does a badass job of doing the voice!

#103 jedi_dad

jedi_dad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

I really enjoyed the Cagcast this week. I think all of you do a great job and I appreciate everything that you do for the site. Having two kids of my own, it's always fun listening to your stories.

I played episodes 1 & 2 of The Walking Dead. I loved them both. I would love to win a copy of episode 3 for XBLA.

Cheapy, you should check out The Walking Dead comics. You can get them for your iPad.

I watched Jiro Dreams of Sushi last week. I highly recommend it.

I hope there is a NHL season this year. Maybe the Flyers will play with some "jam" out there this year?

#104 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

We started doing the bets a year ago, when we did I talked about Fantasy Focus and that it was their idea. I wasn't trying to do anything shady, more of an homage to a show I enjoy.

Being in a league with Wombat, I think it's safe to say he just downloads but doesn't listen to the fantasy focus podcast.

#105 skadave

skadave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

One this week's show the Thrifty Guys at Cheapassgamer.com discuss $800 sushi dinners, hired help (House Cleaners), and 3 week vacations to Vancouver.

And shipwreck bashing the vita for the 20th episode in a row

:)

#106 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

One this week's show the Thrifty Guys at Cheapassgamer.com discuss $800 sushi dinners, hired help (House Cleaners), and 3 week vacations to Vancouver.

And shipwreck bashing the vita for the 20th episode in a row

:)

I also said I enjoyed playing Plants Vs. Zombies Pinball on the Vita.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#107 joyce_181502

joyce_181502

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:25 PM

If there's an application that says how many Twitter followers are fake ... maybe there's an application that tells you how many of your podcast listeners actually listen to your podcast (instead of believing you said something so they can argue with you).

#108 volt1up

volt1up

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

A. Batman is always human, it's his ability to overcome that makes him great.

B. That isn't character development, it is a plot device and a lousy one at that.

C. The Dent Act stopped Organized Crime, but not all crime. It should not be above Batman to stop muggers and rapists

D. I don't have the codes.

A. He does, eventually.
B. I feel like you just wanted them to recycle something from the comics verbatim, and that's worse than bad, it's boring.
C. What an awesome Batman movie that could have been, Batman fighting muggers and rapists.
D. Give me a cookie.

#109 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

This is specifically for Cheapy:

If he doesn't read this comment, Wombat or Shipwreck please put this on the outline to share with him :)

Seriously though, if Nintendo, MS, or Sony came out with a new console every year that was pretty much the exact same as the last one but very slightly better in a few ways and charged $600 for it, you would crucify them. Somehow it's ok when Apple does it, though.

#110 Terrenceistheman

Terrenceistheman

Internet Mayor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

"something beyond gimme a free code. something about the show. I'm interested in a code."

;)

#111 Riptard

Riptard

Too cool for the devil

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:06 PM

Wombat did a great Bane voice imitation and I want to know how he did it. Give me code :)

#112 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:41 PM

Watched Melancolia on Cheapy's recommendation. I didnt find it depressing as much as confusing (how come Kirsten Dunst speaks without an accent but her sister has an english accent?)

If you want depressing, watch the director's cut of Butterfly Effect. That ending was one of the most depressing things I've ever seen in a movie.

538822.png

#113 MattZack

MattZack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:00 AM

Shipwreck,

Your beef with Batman is bogus. Quaid didn't have powers (other than super stretchy nostrils) in Total Recall, but you watched that. To me Superman sucks because he has too many powers and only 1 weakness.

Also, good job on the voice Wombat and can I please have a code.
Posted Image

#114 padumavati

padumavati

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:15 AM

I totally agree with Cheapy on Bane's voice. Through the whole movie, I just kept hearing him say things like "Smucker's Raspberry Jam." He sounds like he should be doing the voiceover for a Werther's commercial. So of course Wombat's impression was dead on. :p

#115 RecklessBao

RecklessBao

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:49 AM

There needs to be a video of shipwreck playing NBA Baller, somewhere.

I'll agree there should of been some type of talking companion throughout the game that he can interact with, hell the raven is there it should at least talk back.

#116 geflow

geflow

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:00 AM

Great CAGcast guys!

@Wombat your Bane impression got me rolling, you should 1/2 of the next show with that voice.

@Cheapy I'm surprised you didn't want to wait till after the apple conference to make this show, don't worry since there are reports that about 1/2 of Americans were disappointed with the news of the Iphone 5

@Shipwreck you making NBA Baller Beats sound like so much fun, if i wasn't afraid of having the ball slip out of my hand and break my TV, I would of picked it up by now~

#117 nateeasy29

nateeasy29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:48 AM

Hook me up with a 360 Walking Dead code and the Dalton Gang will win the Super Bowl.

#118 S0LIDARITY

S0LIDARITY

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:42 AM

Being in a league with Wombat, I think it's safe to say he just downloads but doesn't listen to the fantasy focus podcast.

Occasionally listens sounds about right. I do like the concept of making bets and bold predictions but Wombat using the same phrases seems wrong, a bit weasely even.

#119 leylines

leylines

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:53 AM

Besides the obligatory, "I would love a code", and I would. My favorite part was this:
[talking about Nintendo event]
Wombat: They didn't invite me.
Shipwreak: What!?
Wombat:They didn't invite me, I didn't get an invitation.
Shipwreak: You're the guy that's maybe gonna buy a 3DS and they didn't invite you?
Wombat: I know right, don't they know who I am?
CheapyD: ...yeah

As a sidenote, CheapyD, I got a email on my birthday from CAG on Sept. 8th (a day before yours it would seem) I forgot about that feature. It's actual a pretty nifty feature. Who thought that up, Super programer John? The best part is that it is just a simple text message, no crappy graphic of a birthday cake or balloons, etc... A nice simple, shoutout from CAG. Anyways, thanks.

#120 4nik8tor

4nik8tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:54 AM

I just got done watching Jiro Dreams of Sushi and I'm not sure what I think.
It is an interesting movie, and the guy has definitely fine tuned his craft, but I am unsure if he's a chef or just another overachieving self centered asshole in life. He seems to care about nothing more in his life but his WORK.

Would I eat there?
YES, but who wouldn't want to eat at such a re-known restaurant? It stinks of snobbery. Of "Look what I have done!"
It is still a very cool birthday gift from Mrs. Cheapy and I would remember it for the rest of my life. I don't blame you for bragging about the experience. I would have done the same.
But was it ART or a MEAL?
I was back and forth on this documentary.
At one point, this guy was the coolest badass M'Fucker and I wanted to go work for him and become an apprentice.
Then, that dissolved into some sort of elite stinkshit lifestyle that the everyday guy like me will never experience.
I'm not sure what to make of it. I'm sure his food is delicious. Don't get me wrong.
Its obvious he's not serving a meal. He's displaying his ART.
BUT.
Its food. a meal. Something you'll experience a thousand times.
I can't get excited about that. No matter how good it tastes.
I would not devote my life to that. Its fucked up. Its a meal.
Its food. Not art.
... Maybe its Art. I'm confused.

Either way, I'm too poor to understand.