Photo
- - - - -

GGT 195's Season Pass includes the next 4 GGTs for only $30. What a deal!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
492 replies to this topic

#31 weevles

weevles

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:17 AM

I will be getting BL2 for PS3 at launch.

Me three. Ultimate Treasure Chest Edition for dat phat lewtz. :drool:

#32 BlueScrote

BlueScrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

So, who is getting Borderlands 2 on PC on release?

Not until it's $10 on steam. I haven't even been following any of the borderlands 2 info. I enjoyed the original enough on the 360, but it didn't seem like anything too special.

#33 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

You also get a ton of Joel Alts that look rapey with the season pass! You know you want it!

So, I haven't slept yet. I've been playing the shit out of TTT2.

#34 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:13 PM

Whelp, Uraizen is buying a Wii U...

Nintendo announced Bayonetta is getting a sequel on Wii U, and it will be exclusive to the console. Nintendo revealed Bayonetta 2 in its Wii U presentation this afternoon, with the game being developed by Platinum Games and published by Nintendo. The news is surprising, given the 2010 hack-and-slash released for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

We'll keep you updated on Bayonetta 2 info as it comes.

Posted Image

#35 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

wtf wii u only?

#36 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:29 PM

As was stated before, I'm in the day-one Borderlands 2 PC club.

Posted Image

Something about this gives me a joy.

Posted Image

#37 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:40 PM

What the Fuck? I was NOT buying a WiiU before now and that pretty much clenches it as a buy for me. Fuck you, Nintendo.

#38 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:40 PM

WiiU launches in NA on 11/18 for 299.99/349.99 (white 8gb/black 32gb).

Apparently the black one also comes with a sensor bar, gamepad stand, Nintendoland, and a "Nintendo Network Premium Subscription", whatever the hell that is.

What the Fuck? I was NOT buying a WiiU before now and that pretty much clenches it as a buy for me. Fuck you, Nintendo.

Still not buying one. Maybe 5 years down the line for $149.99 and I'll pick up Bayonetta 2 for $10.

#39 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:43 PM

I bet it won't even be a true sequel. I find it hard to believe Platinum games would release the sequel to one console.

Its gonna be like NG sigma hopefully...

#40 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

I bet it won't even be a true sequel. I find it hard to believe Platinum games would release the sequel to one console.

Its gonna be like NG sigma hopefully...

Thinking about how *bad* the performance of the Bayonetta games on consoles was, maybe the Nintendo console has just enough juice to maintain 60fps and Platinum said "no, we're not going to compromise, we're not going to do bad ports [see: Sega being forced to port Bayonetta to PS3]." Or maybe Nintendo threw a ton of money at them because Kamiya was working on that other WiiU exclusive game in an effort to sway hardcore gamers to the platform (see bringing Ninja Gaiden 3 Sigma to the WiiU, Black Ops 2, etc.)

#41 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

Definitely no Wii U for me. If I get a next gen console I'll pick between the Sony and MS offerings after the first price drop based on game library.

#42 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

Nintendo is publishing Bayonetta 2 so yes they're throwing money at Platinum.

#43 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

For those of you getting Borderlands 2 on PC, just saw this pre-order deal for the DLC season pass on Slickdeals.

GreenManGaming has Borderlands 2 Season Pass Pre-order (PC Digital Download) for $30 - 25% w/ voucher code GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G = $22.50. Thanks PrototypeT800
Note: Game to be released 9/18/2012. Requires Borderlands 2 (base game). Includes 4 downloadable add-on content scheduled to be available by June 2013.

http://www.greenmang...season-pass-na/

#44 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

Nintendo is publishing Bayonetta 2 so yes they're throwing money at Platinum.

I wonder if that was part of the problem with getting a Bayonetta 2... I think I once saw something saying Bayonetta 2 was far off or unlikely because the first game's sales weren't spectacular. But if Kamiya was working on Project P-1000 or whatever with Nintendo and they said "hey, we'll publish Bayonetta 2 if you want to make it for Wii U only. ;)"... yeah, he might have been like "MY DREAM! YES! LET'S DO IT."

Published by Nintendo probably means we won't ever see a Bayonetta 2 Sigma or Bayonetta 2 PC, I'm guessing.

However if Project Dolphin is doing all sorts of awesome Wii emulation, I wonder how long before PCs and the development community come up with WiiU emulation...

#45 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

WiiU Launch Lineup (launch window through March 2013):

NBA 2K13 (2K Sports)
Jeft Tailfin (Maximum Games)
Madden NFL 13 (EA)
EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13 (EA)
Mass Effect 3 (EA)
Toki Tori 2 (two tribes)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcom)
ZombiU (Ubisoft)
Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
Avengers: Battle for Earth (Ubisoft)
Rabbids Land (Ubisoft)
Assassin's Creed 3 (Ubisoft)
Rayman Legends (Ubisoft)
Sports Connection (Ubisoft)
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 (Ubisoft)
Nano Assault Neo (Shin'En)
Aliens: Colonial Marines (Sega)
Sonic & Sega All-Stars: Racing Transformed (Sega)
Trine 2: Director's Cut (Frozenbyte)
Tank! Tank! Tank! (Namco)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Namco)
Wheel of Fortune (THQ)
Jeopardy (THQ)
Darksiders 2 (THQ)
Funky Barn (505 Games)
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Activision)
007 Legends (Activision)
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013 (Activision)
Wipeout 3 (Activision)
Skylanders Giants (Activision)
Rapala Pro Bass Fishing (Activision)
Transformers Prime (Activision)
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two (Disney Interactive)
Scribblenauts Unlimited (WB Games)
Game Party Champions (WB Games)
Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition (WB Games)
Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Gaijin Games)
Ben 10: Omniverse (D3 Publisher)
Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game (D3 Publisher)
Family Party: 30 Great games Obstacle Arcade (D3 Publisher)
Zumba Fitness (Majesco)
New Super Mario Bros. Wii U (Nintendo)
Game & Wario (Nintendo)
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Nintendo)
Sing Party (Nintendo)
Nintendo Land (Nintendo)
Wii Fit U (Nintendo)
The Wonderful 101 (Nintendo)
Pikmin 3 (Nintendo)

Yeah, I don't have to worry about buying one anytime soon... looking at the bold titles at least and considering I've already played NG3 and would only give it a second shot because action-king uraizen said he thinks it would be worth checking out. ZombiU, NSMBWu, and Rayman (as much as I loved Origins) aren't worth a $350 price tag and being a console beta tester.

I also did some googling to find out what Nintendo Network Premium Subscription was and found this:

Nintendo Network Premium is included with the purchase of the black Wii U Premium bundle that comes with the more expensive 32GB console. It is currently priced at 31,500 yen ($405) and comes with the black Wii U, a Wii U gamepad charging dock and stand, a Wii U console stand.

Nintendo initially said that the Nintendo Network online service would be free but couldn't guarantee that it would always be that way. It sounds initially like they are going with something similar to Playstation Plus in the form of Nintendo Network Premium but it's actually more of a rewards program.

Games purchased online via Nintendo Network Premium gives back 10% of the purchase price in Premium points that can then be exchanged in increments of 500 for Nintendo Points that can then be used to purchase other games and DLC.

The service will only be offered through 2014 but it is currently unknown if those that purchase the white Basic Wii U package will be able to buy a Nintendo Network Premium subscription.

#46 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

Yeah, the only game on that list that has my attention is Pikmin 3.

I'll wait until the usual Zelda/Metroid/Mario.

Posted Image

#47 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

lol zombiU

i wont even start

UjCoyFa.png

#48 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

If Rayman, Pikmin, and The Wonderful 101 stay on the launch window list, I'll probably try to get a Wii U on or around launch. Also somewhat interested in Monster Hunter since I didn't play the Wii one.

#49 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

They put a really nice anticipated launch (or 6 months thereafter) list together. They even managed to fit Funky Barn and Rapala Bass Fishing in there. Look out, world.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#50 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

Same here except definitely not at launch. That launch lineup sucks.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#51 dothog

dothog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

The thing is, you really have to cool your jets on this. You might be able to get Funky Barn in November. You may have to wait until March. Then again, it may not be released at all.

You've just got to buy that WIIU at launch, cross your fingers, and hope for the best.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#52 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

Even if you buy it at launch what are you gonna do with it open the box stare at it and wait until games you want to buy come out?

I'm still waiting for Mega Man Legends 3

#53 dothog

dothog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

No, you watch TVii with it! They even got movie reviews onto the tablet.

It's also compatible with almost all of your old Wii games, so you can play through those old games again using the old controllers while you wait for the games that use the new controller.

(I hear in ZombiU, you can use the tablet screen to look through your inventory. It was a beta build, though, no idea if that's fully supported. Or if ZombiU will be released in the expanding launch window. Regardless, it's exciting!)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#54 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

No, you watch TVii with it! They even got movie reviews onto the tablet.

It's also compatible with almost all of your old Wii games, so you can play through those old games again using the old controllers while you wait for the games that use the new controller.

(I hear in ZombiU, you can use the tablet screen to look through your inventory. It was a beta build, though, no idea if that's fully supported. Or if ZombiU will be released in the expanding launch window. Regardless, it's exciting!)

I'm 99% sure this is sarcasm, and I hope it is, but you never know...

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#55 dothog

dothog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

I'm 99% sure this is sarcasm, and I hope it is, but you never know...

If I hadn't left out Funky Barn it would be easier to tell that I am DEAD SERIOUS.

If and when Funky Barn drops in that probable launch window, there's a chance that the WIIU might surprise a lot of people who are considering buying a WIIU but not certain about it. Or so Reggie tells me...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#56 j-cart

j-cart

BOOM BOOM SHAKE SHAKE, NOW DROP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

Thanks, now I will never play Bayonetta 2.

Unless someone buys me a WiiU.

#57 SinOfHeart

SinOfHeart

Teddie's #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

If Rayman, Pikmin, and The Wonderful 101 stay on the launch window list, I'll probably try to get a Wii U on or around launch.

Yawn. Not that interested.

Also somewhat interested in Monster Hunter since I didn't play the Wii one.

Wait... what!?!?!?! Didn't see that. I LOVE Monster Hunter.

Posted Image

432990.pngTeddie_Swimsuit_Sig.jpg
sig.gif

#58 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:34 PM

Yawn. Not that interested.

Wait... what!?!?!?! Didn't see that. I LOVE Monster Hunter.

In theory, it's pretty much the same game that's coming out on 3DS, since they're trying to do "transfarring" between 3DS and WiiU saves. So in theory, you could just buy it for your 3DS and wait for something on the console that you *really* want. 8-)

#59 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

Posted Image

The amount of txts I received about Bayonetta 2 was astonishing.

#60 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

I've found 3 really fucking annoying things in TTT2 online:
(1) Characters dressed the same -- blue combat beret lars and jin look similar enough I wasn't sure which one I was fighting. Makes it real fucking hard to block.
(2) Teams comprised of Eddy x 2.
(3) Teams comprised of Hwoarang x2.