* * * * * 1 votes

The unOFFICIAL Art Book Pre-Order Thread

487 replies to this topic

#61 Rowdy1854

Rowdy1854

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:04 AM

got my art of acIII book from amazon today. although the pages are bigger (larger book) alot of the images are smaller than they should be. i actually prefer the artbooks for ac1 and acII to this one (i have an official japanese acII artbook), probably because the art team changed for thie later games.

I don't have the other 2 books to compare it to but I thought the book was damn nice, mine arrived today from amazon

#62 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

lol yeah im not saying its bad by any means; just prefer the artwork style of the first 2.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#63 HakaHina

HakaHina

Glasses God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:55 AM

Not yet on Amazon, but just a heads up to Atelier fans and Udon artbook enthusiasts:

http://www.siliconer...rt-book-in-u-s/

#64 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

I picked this up from B&N last night, as well as the three new hardcover comics. Price was $19 in store since there are various coupons out there right now.

Whats the coupon you used?

#65 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

Not yet on Amazon, but just a heads up to Atelier fans and Udon artbook enthusiasts:

Awesome. Loved the first art book.

#66 Verelios

Verelios

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

Will absolutely be getting Atelier. Loved every game to bits.

#67 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

Here's an early review for the History of Sonic (with pics and flip-through video).

And here's a review for Art of Darksiders II (with pics and flip-through video).
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#68 TopsideKracker

TopsideKracker

...doomy doomy doomy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Do we know who the publisher is/was for the Portal 2 art book? Perhaps we could try to contact them for any information.

Ah, I see that IronRinn beat me to it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I'll try to find a way to contact them and will report back if I find out anything.

Has anyone come across any info on the Portal book? I haven't been able to find anything.

EDIT: I came across a thread on steam where someone said they contacted Valve and were told that the book was being redesigned and pushed to a 2013 release. Nothing official, but its better than nothing I suppose...

http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=2939724

#69 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

anyone know if the foreign release of the history of sonic the hedgehog was a limited print run considering cancelling and reordering since i have the 5 off 25 and i have it full payed off

#70 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

Does anyone here collect the Titan exclusive books with art prints and slipcase?

#71 xXJonoXx

xXJonoXx

Resident Che(vil)ap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

Any update on the release of The Art of Blizzard book?

Posted Image Posted Image

My 2011 Game of the Year - Batman: Arkham City
My Most Underrated Game of 2011 - Driver: San Francisco

#72 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

eagerly awaiting that one
I've heard nothing about it

vpnz.png2h50m13.gif2eb67tj.jpgn5qy6u.gif

#73 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

Art of Dead Space Clamshell Edition only at Visceral Store/EA Store. Limited to 1000 and contains:

"This exclusive edition contains an additional 32-page gallery of exclusive and previously unpublished art from across the game series, including images from Christopher Shy's Dead Space graphic novels, plus a gallery foreword from Dead Space 3 Creative Director, Ben Wanat, all encased in a soft-touch clamshell box featuring Isaac and Carver art from Dead Space 3 and limited to a printing of 1,000 copies."

http://gear.ea.com/t...ll-edition.html

Posted Image

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#74 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

art of blizzard will ship in feb. its printed and ready to go, just being shipped out to retailers right now..

the book release party/gallery art show was a few days ago

http://www.blizzplan...hibition-photos

and if u wanna see what the inside looks like (didn't embed to avoid spoilers)

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#75 Thrakker

Thrakker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:18 AM

I like that Dead Space clamshell and the idea of the 32 extra pages, but $24 for the "regular" edition at Amazon with free Prime shipping vs. $65 for that limited edition plus shipping makes it a definite no-go.

#76 ghostsong

ghostsong

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

A heads up to those who missed it the first time. The Sky Art of Final Fantasy is being reprinted in a slipcase version. Its not on Amazon yet, but can be preordered here.

http://www.tfaw.com/...dition___421403

#77 boraaa

boraaa

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

thanks for posting the slipcase version, like many others, ill probably wait for amazon to post it to snag the best deal on those awesome ff artbooks :)

#78 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

I like this thread. Wish I could trade some of my hardback strategy guides for these. I buy those mostly for the art.

ach.png

#79 lurkingsalt

lurkingsalt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Amazon $28.11 link added to the wiki.

Also added
Takehito Harada Art Works Amazon $24.99
Growlanser Art Works Amazon $24.99

#80 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

If you were interested in the Okami artbook, it was out of stock for the last few months. However, it's back at Amazon for $27, which is way better than the $80+ resellers wanted for it. So it's a good time to pick it up if you are interested.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#81 snakeinthegrass

snakeinthegrass

CAGiversary!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

If you were interested in the Okami artbook, it was out of stock for the last few months. However, it's back at Amazon for $27, which is way better than the $80+ resellers wanted for it. So it's a good time to pick it up if you are interested.

Is it a hardcover, do you know?

#82 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

Paperback.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#83 Thrakker

Thrakker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

Art of Brutal Legend hardcover is up for preorder on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co...f brutal legend

$31.49 down from MSRP of $49.99
252 pages, from Udon

#84 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:13 AM

It's a softcover book. Super nice though.

#85 Gators300

Gators300

The Right Thing... What Is It?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

Did anyone get The Art of Blizzard? At $46 it is a little on the more expensive side, so I would like another person's opinion before pulling the trigger.
"You know, my heart is beating incredibly fast, I must be experiencing absolute terror!"

#86 Portman

Portman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

Did anyone get The Art of Blizzard? At $46 it is a little on the more expensive side, so I would like another person's opinion before pulling the trigger.

I have it ordered and I'll be glad to give some quick impressions once I get it. I've debated on canceling it once due to the price but after seeing the video from the release party last week and telling myself it would be hard to find later if I waited and forgot I stuck with it.

#87 Kolma

Kolma

I like french toast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:44 AM

Already got Sonic book, Getting Hyrule Historia soon.
Really want that Bayonetta and possibly 5th Cell.
*edit
Just realized they are both Paperback, do not want unless Hardcover

560501.png

xivpads.png

retrosig.png?a_gc=255%2C110%2C13&a_mc=25

#88 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:01 AM

Art of Brutal Legend hardcover is up for preorder on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co...f brutal legend

$31.49 down from MSRP of $49.99
252 pages, from Udon

Wow ... a little late for this isn't it? I loved the art direction in the game ... too bad the gameplay and story didn't turn out better near the end. Strange this would be a new release, a Brutal Legend sequel would be cool but I'm 99% sure it won't ever get one.

#89 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

Wow ... a little late for this isn't it? I loved the art direction in the game ... too bad the gameplay and story didn't turn out better near the end. Strange this would be a new release, a Brutal Legend sequel would be cool but I'm 99% sure it won't ever get one.

If memory serves correct, it was originally supposed to be released by Insight Editions back in 09, but the deal fell through. I think it was fully designed, just waiting for a publisher. Nice to see Udon pick it up.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#90 Portman

Portman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

Sweet, got a 10.7lb package of goodness inbound. That's the Blizzard art book and Hyrule Historia. I'm guessing 80% of that is the Blizzard one which just has me even more excited. Tomorrow is going to crawl by at work :-(