The unOFFICIAL Art Book Pre-Order Thread

• Please log in to reply
499 replies to this topic

#91 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

i already posted a link to a video flipthrough on pg 4 of this thread.
stop being lazy.

Did anyone get The Art of Blizzard? At $46 it is a little on the more expensive side, so I would like another person's opinion before pulling the trigger.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#92 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

amazon listed -the art of last of us- for those of u like myself that were only getting the ce for the artbook.

http://www.amazon.co...t of last of us
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#93 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

blizzard book is amazing yo

vpnz.png2h50m13.gif2eb67tj.jpgn5qy6u.gif

#TrueGamer

#94 Gators300

Gators300

The Right Thing... What Is It?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

blizzard book is amazing yo

Lol, care to go into a little more detail??
"You know, my heart is beating incredibly fast, I must be experiencing absolute terror!"

#95 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

I'm an idiot thought the Blizzard book will only show WOW art but forgot about diablo. Damn sounds tempting now but at $40 I think i'll pass on this one.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#96 Krystal109

Krystal109

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

awesome thread

#97 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

Did anyone get The Art of Blizzard? At $46 it is a little on the more expensive side, so I would like another person's opinion before pulling the trigger.

I own it. Definitely worth the $46. It's huge. It takes two hands to hold or you have to put it on your lap. It's mostly WoW/Warcraft art, and as a WoW hater, i enjoy it.

It seems to be like 75% WoW art, and the remainder is split between Diablo and starcraft

#98 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

I think I'm gonna bite on the Blizzard book, but does anyone know why it's under review on Amazon?

#99 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

My Clamshell Edition of the Dead Space artbook arrived yesterday. It is huge, heavy, and absolutely amazing. Highly recommended for any fellow DS fans. Only 1,000 of these editions were made and it appears you can still order it.
http://gear.ea.com/a...ll-edition.html

Coolcoolcool.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#100 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

I think I'm gonna bite on the Blizzard book, but does anyone know why it's under review on Amazon?

It's typically because they've received complaints of poor packaging during shipping (i.e. damaged books). It'll probably get sorted out in a day or two, though nothing will be done to improve said packaging.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#101 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

It's typically because they've received complaints of poor packaging during shipping (i.e. damaged books). It'll probably get sorted out in a day or two, though nothing will be done to improve said packaging.

Ah shit, ok, thanks.

#102 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

http://www.amazon.co...ref=pd_sim_b_27

Tomb Raider The Art of Survival

#103 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

My Clamshell Edition of the Dead Space artbook arrived yesterday. It is huge, heavy, and absolutely amazing. Highly recommended for any fellow DS fans. Only 1,000 of these editions were made and it appears you can still order it.

Coolcoolcool.

Tempted by the normal edition for sure - not sure tempted enough by CE to pay the extra $40....hmmmm.

#104 Rowdy1854

Rowdy1854

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

http://www.amazon.co...ref=pd_sim_b_27

Tomb Raider The Art of Survival

Grr, why do they have to make these in paperback

#105 ColdBrew

ColdBrew

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

The Art of Brutal Legend [Hardcover]
http://www.amazon.co...duct/1926778642
Posted Image

#106 takotchi

takotchi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

Coolcoolcool.

I got mine today and was kind of confused about what exactly was "extra" in the book. It looks just like the one on Amazon, and the inside page has an ISBN for the regular edition and an ISBN for the "limited edition". The ISBN on my copy is just the regular edition one.

edit: Nevermind, I see what's extra. Pages 188+. Weird that they aren't marked in any way. I still wonder about the ISBN thing.

Some spoilers for Dead Space 3 if anybody is interested...

Spoiler

Edited by takotchi, 30 January 2013 - 11:28 PM.

#107 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

Amazon is super hit and miss with Big heavy art books. If you order the Blizzard art book, make sure you order it alone(WIth nothing else, especially not other books). Additionally, if it has any damage to it at all, send it back. I would expect a perfect copy with 4 sharp corners and no damage to the dust jacket

#108 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

So for those that already have their Art of Dead Space, worth the $23 on Amazon? I absolutely LOVE the series, just curious if I should get this book.

#109 snakeinthegrass

snakeinthegrass

CAGiversary!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

So for those that already have their Art of Dead Space, worth the $23 on Amazon? I absolutely LOVE the series, just curious if I should get this book.

It has some annoying pointless typos (likes b8ones instead of bones' but the artwork is brilliant and it's a nice weight/size. I ordered the clamshell and don't regret it at that pricepoint so you can't go wrong at $23.

I don't know if it's common but the first page does say 'first printing february 2013' so if you want to get in on a potential first batch do so now.

#110 phogoodness

phogoodness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Amazon is super hit and miss with Big heavy art books. If you order the Blizzard art book, make sure you order it alone(WIth nothing else, especially not other books). Additionally, if it has any damage to it at all, send it back. I would expect a perfect copy with 4 sharp corners and no damage to the dust jacket

My Blizzard book was shipped with Hyrule Historia, and luckily arrived in perfect condition. I am always worried about Amazon shipping heavy books, so hit and miss.

#111 phogoodness

phogoodness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Book is gorgeous. Super thick compared to other art books, good quality printing with lots of artist commentary. Must have for Warcraft/Diablo/Starcraft fans.

#112 blitztwn36

blitztwn36

hatersgunnahate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

I'm torn on what to do with my book. It was shipped with Hyrule Historia, and the corners on both books were damaged. Although the Art of Blizzard took the brunt of the damage. It's not terrible, but Amazon offered 40% off both purchases, or I could return them for new copies. Part of me feels like I'm being anal retentive - I mean I guess it's not going to be really on display anywhere, just sit on my shelf, so I think I'm going to take the credit.

But either way, bummer that they're all coming in damaged.

#113 Arthas54

Arthas54

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

I'm terribly picky about my books, and I say don't feel bad about returning for new ones. If you're the type to take immaculate care of your art books like I am, then get yourself one that's in perfect shape to start. You paid for it. Just my 2 cents.

I'm ordering the Clam-Shell DS3 edition soon hopefully. I am a concept artist for films and video games myself, and for what it's worth, the Borderlands 2, Assassins Creed 3, Darksiders 2, and Halo 4 (god, especially the Halo 4 book) are all awesome so far. Looking forward to the Last of Us and that newly announced Tomb Raider book!

#114 Jial Silverthorn

Jial Silverthorn

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

A heads up to those who missed it the first time. The Sky Art of Final Fantasy is being reprinted in a slipcase version. Its not on Amazon yet, but can be preordered here.

http://www.tfaw.com/...dition___421403

Amazon link for those interested:

http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/1616551607

#115 ozzymandd

ozzymandd

Up Twinkles!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:01 AM

Looks like the guys at Ballistic (the publishers of the pretty fantastic Uncharted 2, Gears of War 3, and forthcoming Gran Turismo 5 art books, among others) have been busy. I see some new titles in their The Art of the Game series have been added to Amazon:

The Art of Twisted Metal
The Art of League of Legends
The Art of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus

Edited by ozzymandd, 02 February 2013 - 11:11 PM.

Now Playing: New Super Mario Bros. U, Borderlands 2, Polybius

#116 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

I'm torn on what to do with my book. It was shipped with Hyrule Historia, and the corners on both books were damaged. Although the Art of Blizzard took the brunt of the damage. It's not terrible, but Amazon offered 40% off both purchases, or I could return them for new copies. Part of me feels like I'm being anal retentive - I mean I guess it's not going to be really on display anywhere, just sit on my shelf, so I think I'm going to take the credit.

But either way, bummer that they're all coming in damaged.

Take the 40% off and enjoy giving use to a nice artbook instead of having to worry about that first car scratch.(the blizzard one obv)

#117 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

Wow, a League of Legends artbook? Strange, their art has always been pretty awful up until a couple years ago. Although I doubt any of the old stuff would even be in there.

#118 vherub

vherub

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

What's the difference between the first run sky and the slipcase reprint?

#119 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

Sign me up for that Ico & SOTC art book!

#120 botticus

botticus

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

What's the difference between the first run sky and the slipcase reprint?

It just includes the 3 hardcover art books, none of the extras, in a slipcase instead of the box. If you're in it for the art books themselves, there's no difference, and it's a great price.