• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

The Art of Remember Me [Hardcover] - Dark Horse - $26.39

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/1616551631/

Posted Image

The Art of 5th Cell - Udon - Paperback - $26.39

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/1926778480/

Posted Image

Edited by Ionotropic, 04 February 2013 - 05:01 AM.

#122 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

I got bored and added pics to the OP.

#123 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

http://www.amazon.co...ref=pd_sim_b_27

Tomb Raider The Art of Survival

For any of you interested in Tomb Raider art, here's an excellent 2-volume slip-cased set that covers every game through Underworld.
http://dreamsandvisi...tombraider.aspx

Here's a video flip-through: http://artoftombraid...alkthrough.html

While it's definitely expensive, the price has dropped significantly. It was originally $150 when it released a couple years ago.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#124 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

The Art of 5th Cell - Udon - Paperback - $26.39

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/1926778480/

Posted Image

Oh sweet, might need to pick this up.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#125 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

i've flipped through this book personally and while i would recommend this for tomb raider diehards, if ur just interested for good concept art, look elsewhere. the quality of artwork is very low since industry standards for concept art were low back when most of the games were being developed.

For any of you interested in Tomb Raider art, here's an excellent 2-volume slip-cased set that covers every game through Underworld.

While it's definitely expensive, the price has dropped significantly. It was originally $150 when it released a couple years ago.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#126 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

What happened to the official Hyrule Historia thread? Did they delete it? ):

#127 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

It's in deal graveyard where it belongs :)

#128 xxdeadp0olxx

xxdeadp0olxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

What happened to the official Hyrule Historia thread? Did they delete it? ):

It's in the graveyard.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=326881

#129 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

thank you, Jesus!

#130 Triz

Triz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

The Art of Blizzard book is beautiful. So glad I purchased it.

#131 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

That looks damn awesome!! Never knew it existed.

#132 Arthas54

Arthas54

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:32 AM

Holy 5#!7 do I want that Remember Me book.... love Alexi Briclot... man what a year for art books so far.

#133 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

Here's the Art of Gran Turismo 5 cover (added to OP):

Posted Image

#134 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

how does everyone store their artbooks (and I guess some nice ce/le guides)? if it's sealed it could just be put away in a box or container. But if it's opened how do you keep it protected?

I was thinking of using book covers (book sox etc) but apparently the ones I used for textbooks years ago (got at dollar store) aren't big enough. I barely got one to fit on the Ni no Kuni guide and have not been able to get one on the regular Hyrule Historia.

#135 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

I just put them on my bookshelf.

#136 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

Looks like Art of Dead Space dropped 10% to $20.55, even more tempting now - especially with a $20 credit from getting DS3...

#137 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

how does everyone store their artbooks (and I guess some nice ce/le guides)? if it's sealed it could just be put away in a box or container. But if it's opened how do you keep it protected?

I was thinking of using book covers (book sox etc) but apparently the ones I used for textbooks years ago (got at dollar store) aren't big enough. I barely got one to fit on the Ni no Kuni guide and have not been able to get one on the regular Hyrule Historia.

I just keep them all on a bookshelf. I wouldn't worry too much about them getting damaged unless you plan on leaving them out on a table or something.

#138 Portman

Portman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

I have them stacked up, just from the largest on the bottom to the smallest so there isn't uneven weight. Some are horizontal and some are vertical (I have limited and odd shelf space right now).

#139 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:20 AM

my book shelves are filled with games and other books. Also a lot of binders filled with old school work etc (some if it is important).

My Ni no Kuni guide is on a desk as is the regular Zelda Hyrule Historia. It's still in the plastic Amazon wrapped it in.

Back on topic. Does anyone have the Journey artbook? the reviews make it seem as a must have. I'm going to start the games soon but have listened to some music which is really good.

#140 Diggeh

Diggeh

Deals on wheels!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

I'm in charge of the Hyrule Historia topic. It was moved to the deal graveyard mistakenly. Nobody has fixed it yet.

#141 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

my book shelves are filled with games and other books. Also a lot of binders filled with old school work etc (some if it is important).

My Ni no Kuni guide is on a desk as is the regular Zelda Hyrule Historia. It's still in the plastic Amazon wrapped it in.

Back on topic. Does anyone have the Journey artbook? the reviews make it seem as a must have. I'm going to start the games soon but have listened to some music which is really good.

I have one of the 700 signed copies of the Journey book. First one I received had a printing error, had to get it swapped out. Glad I flipped through the book and saw it otherwise I would have been screwed.

Apparently it's decently valuable, the last one I saw sold for 4x its price. Some of these books go up in value considerably fast, while others sit around in warehouses collecting dust.

#142 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

Ummm....shouldn't it be called " The screenshot book of Gran Turismo 5"

Maybe that's why the game was delayed. They drew the cars before they realised they could get photos?

Anyway after buying the Star Wars Blueprints signed edition two years ago from EPIC books I'm still not ready to collect

#143 hecaitomix

hecaitomix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

i have a dedicated shelf for them :D

3DS friend code: Hecaitomix: 2380-3115-6693
Safari: Ground Type: Trapinch, Nincada, Gastrodon message me if you added me.
142265.png

#144 Chemosh013

Chemosh013

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

Looks like the guys at Ballistic (the publishers of the pretty fantastic Uncharted 2, Gears of War 3, and forthcoming Gran Turismo 5 art books, among others) have been busy. I see some new titles in their The Art of the Game series have been added to Amazon:

The Art of Twisted Metal
The Art of League of Legends
The Art of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus

Thanks for the heads up. Pre-ordered the ICO / SOTC one. It should come out right in time for my buddy's birthday. One quick question though, do you think that the paperback is just a result of it being a generic entry or will it actually not be a hard cover book?

ach.png

#145 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Pre-ordered the ICO / SOTC one. It should come out right in time for my buddy's birthday. One quick question though, do you think that the paperback is just a result of it being a generic entry or will it actually not be a hard cover book?

Ballistic Art of the Game books typically come in 3 tiers:
- Paperback - $65
- Special Edition (leather hardcover) - $129
- Folio Edition (leather hardcover, special metallic emblem, serialized) - $300

For Uncharted, I think Amazon carried the paperback and special edition, but since then they've only sold the paperback.

Oh, and Ballistic Publishing is in Australia, so shipping is crazy expensive. Here are the costs to ship to Illinois (for God of War 3):
- Paperback - $18.74
- Special Edition - $19.16
- Folio Edition - $106.17!!

You have to really love the game to get a $400+ Folio edition.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#146 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

Ballistic Art of the Game books typically come in 3 tiers:
- Paperback - $65
- Special Edition (leather hardcover) - $129
- Folio Edition (leather hardcover, special metallic emblem, serialized) - $300

For Uncharted, I think Amazon carried the paperback and special edition, but since then they've only sold the paperback.

Oh, and Ballistic Publishing is in Australia, so shipping is crazy expensive. Here are the costs to ship to Illinois (for God of War 3):
- Paperback - $18.74
- Special Edition - $19.16
- Folio Edition - $106.17!!

You have to really love the game to get a $400+ Folio edition.

I almost bought the Gears 3 folio edition until I saw the shipping costs. I bailed out hard.

#147 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

I almost bought the Gears 3 folio edition until I saw the shipping costs. I bailed out hard.

Same here. I went with the paperback.

The Folio edition is definitely solid, though. Unboxing.

Oh, and for anyone wondering, all of Ballistics books come in custom cardboard boxes. No need to worry about shipping damage from Amazon.

#148 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

Looks like Art of Dead Space dropped 10% to $20.55, even more tempting now - especially with a $20 credit from getting DS3...

Glad you posted this. I don't even know what I've been waiting for; been planning on picking this up forever. This makes it even easier.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 9/2/2014   DragonCon 2014 Cosplay      |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#149 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

Yea, i grabbed it myself right after i posted that.

#150 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

i have a dedicated shelf for them :D

Yeah I would need one if I had spent that grand on regular art books. I got #4 of something like 125 iworldwide so I think it went well. As long as the price shoot up in the future.

Although I was tempted to sell it for that limited edition reprint of the Enterprise-D painting that was in Picards ready room I saw for sale. They only made a small batch of those also.