Wii U pre-order online for Best Buy Canada

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#31 bloodwings

bloodwings

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

Guys, its on Kotaku, that means its factual and true. After all, they do have a picture of a guy in a nice suit wearing a giant cat head.

Maybe its marketing 101 to pretend you are credible so people visit your website.

#32 Lightthrower

Lightthrower

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:46 PM

Guys, its on Kotaku, that means its factual and true. After all, they do have a picture of a guy in a nice suit wearing a giant cat head.

Maybe its marketing 101 to pretend you are credible so people visit your website.

Huh? Are you trolling? I think you are :roll:

#33 Shinn23

Shinn23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:35 AM

Huh? Are you trolling? I think you are :roll:

Well Kotaku IS known for making shit up to drive page views.

#34 FarmhouseMedia

FarmhouseMedia

The Casual Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:55 AM

I recall by March of 2007 Wii's we're back and stock. It was the friggin' Wii remotes that were impossible to find for a long time.

Gameplays, reviews, and just havin' fun...
www.youtube.com/farmhousemedia3000

#35 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

I just moved to Toronto...would it be safe walking or taking the TTC at 2AM with a bagful of new and expensive technology?

Where in Toronto? The last subway is usually just before 2 am. *shrug*

#36 adayinthelife

adayinthelife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

I keep reading about how pre orders are sold out everywhere in the States, why is it so easy here? Are BB and FS slow to update their sites with things actually being sold out? Are we going to receive emails saying that the pre orders actually didn't go through or something? I'm kinda confused.

#37 OmegaChaos

OmegaChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

I went to EB today to pickup a copy of Kirby's Dream Collection, and asked about Wii U pre-orders. The guy said they're going to stop doing them soon as well.

#38 diskdocx

diskdocx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

I wonder how the online preorders will be distributed? Unless they know exactly how many they will be receiving, what will happen if (when) the demand outstrips the supply?

I wonder if they will ship in order of pre-order placement?

I am actually surprised they are still accepting pre-orders. Either the demand is much lower than I expected, or else they are really confident that there will be lots shipped.

I still fully anticipate that they will be sold out everywhere come holiday time of year, once the parents start getting the kids' wish lists.

#39 FarmhouseMedia

FarmhouseMedia

The Casual Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:06 AM

I cancelled my pre-order because it didn't allow in-store pick up.

I don't need to risk UPS dropping the thing on my doorstep in the cold November Rain at noon when
I won't be home until after 4.

I've been amazed at what they leave outside my door without needing any signature.

Gameplays, reviews, and just havin' fun...
www.youtube.com/farmhousemedia3000

#40 saikisen

saikisen

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:43 PM

I'm going to wait this one out. The games aren't exactly interesting. Monster Hunter maybe, but I'd really just want it to test out the hardware along with Nintendo Land.

That is probably going to be fun for a month I think, like the wii, but I am probably going to get bored of it really quickly.

Best to wait it out until a deal shows up that splits it down for half price. All these announcements have only really made me just want to sell my wii though.

#41 Griptor

Griptor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

Where in Toronto? The last subway is usually just before 2 am. *shrug*

Actually I'm in a temporary place right now so I don't know where I'll be living in November, haha. Anyone looking for a roommate? ;)

Gonna go to Futureshop to preorder tonight, hope I'm not too late!

[EDIT: I wasn't too late, he said this should guarantee me one at launch]

Edited by Griptor, 18 September 2012 - 02:41 AM.

#42 Booyakz

Booyakz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:12 AM

Actually I'm in a temporary place right now so I don't know where I'll be living in November, haha. Anyone looking for a roommate? ;)

Gonna go to Futureshop to preorder tonight, hope I'm not too late!

[EDIT: I wasn't too late, he said this should guarantee me one at launch]

ONLY IF YOU'RE A SMOKING HOT BLONDE! ;D

That says to me there aren't a huge number of pre-orders...

Can anyone explain why they don't do in-store pick-up? :S Seems like a simple procedure.

#43 Griptor

Griptor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:20 AM

ONLY IF YOU'RE A SMOKING HOT BLONDE! ;D

Well...as it turns out...!

That says to me there aren't a huge number of pre-orders...

Can anyone explain why they don't do in-store pick-up? :S Seems like a simple procedure.

Well I hope he knew what he was talking about by saying he guarantees a launch day system. I was worried when I heard EB ran out but really...I don't buy it. Will they not have systems for the casual people that haven't even heard about it yet? I find it hard to believe they sold so quickly. They'll open up more preorders soon, I'm sure.

My colleague said Futureshop (Yonge/Dundas) told him he was the first to pre-order. He did his during the day on Saturday. I doubt they've run out already.

Also, Best Buy doesn't do in-store pre-order (odd), they told me that I could only do it online and he said there is in-store pickup, if you're looking for that option.

#44 EvilMario

EvilMario

PhD in Procrastination

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:47 AM

Well...as it turns out...!

Well I hope he knew what he was talking about by saying he guarantees a launch day system. I was worried when I heard EB ran out but really...I don't buy it. Will they not have systems for the casual people that haven't even heard about it yet? I find it hard to believe they sold so quickly. They'll open up more preorders soon, I'm sure.

My colleague said Futureshop (Yonge/Dundas) told him he was the first to pre-order. He did his during the day on Saturday. I doubt they've run out already.

Also, Best Buy doesn't do in-store pre-order (odd), they told me that I could only do it online and he said there is in-store pickup, if you're looking for that option.

Interesting. I did my Wii U preorder at Yonge and Dundas Futureshop around 2:00pm on Saturday, before the Zelda concert. The location should be overstocked anyway, given that Nintendo loves to use it as their 'flagship' store. You can bet your ass there will be Wii U demo units setup for the midnight launch in Dundas Square.

#45 jarjarrick

jarjarrick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

Welp, Gamestop is reporting that they've already sold out of deluxe models in North America.

Pre-ordered the deluxe model at EB on Monday without any problem.

#46 ichit4k4_set0

ichit4k4_set0

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:59 AM

Pre-ordered the deluxe model at EB on Monday without any problem.

My Gamestop said they would stop taking preorder soon. No as bad as in the US here because of Black Friday.
Posted Image

#47 Rastafari

Rastafari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

...and so it begins... The Wii U premium edition is officially sold out on best buy's website.

http://www.bestbuy.c...d6bd9900e47en02

Futureshop has also limited the console from 3 per household to 1 per household.

Edited by Rastafari, 21 September 2012 - 12:36 AM.

#48 adayinthelife

adayinthelife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:52 AM

...and so it begins... The Wii U premium edition is officially sold out on best buy's website.

Futureshop has also limited the console from 3 per household to 1 per household.

Is it wrong that this makes me feel better about my preorder?

#49 Shinn23

Shinn23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:05 PM

Glad I ordered when I did. I'm not even sure if I WANT the thing yet. If not then I'll probably just sell it to somebody else for what I paid for. I won't try to sell it for $50+ or more.

#50 TeaBisquit

TeaBisquit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:08 PM

Glad I ordered when I did. I'm not even sure if I WANT the thing yet. If not then I'll probably just sell it to somebody else for what I paid for. I won't try to sell it for $50+ or more.

I'll give ya twenty five loonies for it.

#51 Rastafari

Rastafari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

... It looks like futureshop.ca is now officially sold out of the premium editions for the Wii U as well.

http://www.futuresho...0842f25a611en02

Hope everyone who cared to get one has a pre-order just in case they are hard to find over the holidays.

#52 chinkpak

chinkpak

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

Glad I booked mine day one; wooo

#53 foxmcloud

foxmcloud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:39 PM

hhahahahahaha
marketing.........
and you all fall for it

#54 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:47 AM

Hope everyone who cared to get one has a pre-order just in case they are hard to find over the holidays.

Since Nintendo is going with two SKUs, perhaps that cheaper option will still be available come the holidays.

#55 chinkpak

chinkpak

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

hhahahahahaha
marketing.........
and you all fall for it

Yeah the "big guys" really got me; I'm giving MY money for GOODS

#56 Shinn23

Shinn23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:07 PM

hhahahahahaha
marketing.........
and you all fall for it

You're an idiot. I just don't know what else to say that describes that sentence..

God forbid I pre-order something I might want/like.

#57 telepathy

telepathy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:54 AM

http://www.ebgames.c...e?nav=16k-wii u

well if you still want one, eb still got both sku's available as of this post.

Signup for League of Legends:
https://signup.leagu...50e932937302371

#58 supergrover99

supergrover99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:44 AM

http://www.ebgames.c...e?nav=16k-wii u

well if you still want one, eb still got both sku's available as of this post.

Damn, Just checked and both are sold out. Maybe Toys R Us still has pre-order's available for the premium.. should have jumped on this earlier.

#59 1_blue_pixel

1_blue_pixel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

I just got an e-coupon from Future Shop for 10% off WiiU games and accessories for pre-ordering. I assume Best Buy is sending out something similar?

#60 adayinthelife

adayinthelife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

So when do these things ship, anyone know? The 18th being a Sunday, would they ship out on the 19th, or would they be sent out sometime this week?

Also, has anyone had any experience mixing gift cards with their cc when ordering online via Future Shop? I placed my pre-order with my cc back in September and have since added a couple $60 gift cards to the order. It originally stated that each cards balance was $60, however when you look at the order online right now it has them both listed as $0. I'm assuming this means it's because they're being or have already been applied to the purchase (the cc amount says $0 as well since it hasn't been charged yet, obviously), but I'm just curious.