Photo
- - - - -

Neo Geo X Gold/Handheld/Joystick preorders up GS/Amazon/BB/Target/Walmart 200/130/50

• Please log in to reply
857 replies to this topic

#271 Nerdstick

Nerdstick

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

And Target. But it looks pretty hopeless for Walmart at this point.

#272 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

so I pulled the trigger and cancelled my preorder at Gamestop. right now I just can't afford it.

I don't believe it will be a hot seller for the holiday season. Kids these days want a iPad or a Nintendo Wii U.

so if I see it at Best Buy in a few weeks, I might buy it.

#273 PikaPichu

PikaPichu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

so I pulled the trigger and cancelled my preorder at Gamestop. right now I just can't afford it.

I don't believe it will be a hot seller for the holiday season. Kids these days want a iPad or a Nintendo Wii U.

so if I see it at Best Buy in a few weeks, I might buy it.

It's definitely meant for a niche market. Probably won't last very long, but at least we'll get some nice USB Neo Geo AES sticks out of it.

#274 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

And Target. But it looks pretty hopeless for Walmart at this point.

Thanks, I forgot Target! Took forever for them to put it up. And you're right, I think Walmart just gave up and decided not to carry it at all.

Strange how TRU only carries the joystick and no console. Don't understand that philosophy at all.

#275 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

Enough to get it on the top-selling lists, and at minimum enough to justify stocking it in the first place. Enough sold to cause a delay for production to catch up. Who knows! It's legitimately sold out no matter what kind of negative spin you'd like to put on it.

It's no longer available for preorder on Amazon or Gamestop. That part is true. Everything else is pure speculation on your part.

#276 Nerdstick

Nerdstick

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

It's no longer available for preorder on Amazon or Gamestop. That part is true. Everything else is pure speculation on your part.

On account of being sold out, as that quote further proves. That you think best seller lists are faked is -your- conspiracy-theorist speculation but proof to anyone else. Trying to argue this with you is like arguing religion, I'm not bothering. That you bother to continually come just to blind hate on the X is beyond me. No wonder you were told to 'f*** off' on the NG forum. :roll:

#277 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

On account of being sold out, as that quote further proves. That you think best seller lists are faked is -your- conspiracy-theorist speculation but proof to anyone else. Trying to argue this with you is like arguing religion, I'm not bothering. That you bother to continually come just to blind hate on the X is beyond me. No wonder you were told to 'f*** off' on the NG forum. :roll:

It's not blind hate and like I said elsewhere, I am a big Neo Geo fan. What I am not is some kind of blind fanboy who is willing to accept whatever garbage some third party company throws at me with the Neo Geo name on it.

As for your other points, it's not "sold out" as it can still be purchased from Best Buy and Target. Amazon and Gamestop.com are no longer taking preorders. Could they have reached the number of units they anticipated in their allocation? Of course. Do we know how many each store decided to lock in with Tommo? Nope.

As for the best seller lists, it's not a conspiracy, they are marketing tools designed to push preorders. Sometimes a post on CAG is enough to push a product to #1 on Amazon. Best Buy is not exactly a hot bed of preordering on-line, other than for games that come with various bonuses. The fact that the X reached #8 on their preorder list at one point is interesting, but not evidence that this will be rare or hard to find for MSRP or below in a few months.

You have never held this thing in your hands, so I have to question why you are such an advocate for it. It could be total garbage or it could be great. You don't know and nobody really knows at this point, so please refrain from all the hype.

I think it's fascinating that you're now posting on the Neo-Geo.com forums and claim not to be a fanboy. You're right, you're not a Neo Geo fanboy, you're a Tommo/Blaze Neo Geo X fanboy which in my view is far worse as you have no idea if what you are schilling for is even any good.

Edited by bojay1997, 03 December 2012 - 08:14 PM.

#278 cag1000

cag1000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Grabbed the BB pre-order will cancel if Amazon pops back up. I'm excited for it. If this came out 8 years ago people would have been going crazy for it.

#279 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

Should I lock in my preorder at Best Buy for this now, today, the 4th or do I have more time since it's been pushed back until mid/late December?

I have about 65 dollars worth of reward zone coupons that I'll put toward the set.

#280 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

Should I lock in my preorder at Best Buy for this now, today, the 4th or do I have more time since it's been pushed back until mid/late December?

I have about 65 dollars worth of reward zone coupons that I'll put toward the set.

That really depends. If you're 100% committed to getting one, and you have BB credit to use (a big plus), then you might as well just go ahead and order it. I don't think BB will charge your CC before the ship date, although they might place a hold on the funds (for the balance).

The Neo Geo Gold X bundle is still available from Target and BB, and the standalone joystick is still available at Target and TRU (and you can take advantage of the B1G1 50% off at TRU).

As I said, if you've decided to go ahead and already have the credit, you might want to just pull the trigger. I ordered two sticks from TRU with the B1G1-50% deal, and the system from Amazon.

#281 TheRealRizzo

TheRealRizzo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

If someone can clear this up for me, the Neo Geo x Gold Limited Edition is only available Online and will not be sold in stores at all?

#282 Nerdstick

Nerdstick

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

If someone can clear this up for me, the Neo Geo x Gold Limited Edition is only available Online and will not be sold in stores at all?

Half-half. You can make an in-store order (such as at GameStop, if they still provide in-store preoders). You probably won't be able to find one in a store on the 18th, though.

#283 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

I preordered mine for instore pickup.

KneeKnee.png

#284 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

That really depends. If you're 100% committed to getting one, and you have BB credit to use (a big plus), then you might as well just go ahead and order it. I don't think BB will charge your CC before the ship date, although they might place a hold on the funds (for the balance).

The Neo Geo Gold X bundle is still available from Target and BB, and the standalone joystick is still available at Target and TRU (and you can take advantage of the B1G1 50% off at TRU).

As I said, if you've decided to go ahead and already have the credit, you might want to just pull the trigger. I ordered two sticks from TRU with the B1G1-50% deal, and the system from Amazon.

Thanks for the push. I ended up ordering it. Can't wait to get this thing in my hands now.

#285 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

Best buy is fine with me I get free shipping and can easily return it.now that Amazon charges tax in California I have no benefit to buy from them

#286 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

The Neo Geo X Gold system is still available from Best Buy, but that's about it for North America (other than maybe some small gameshops):

http://www.bestbuy.c...eogeo&cp=1&lp=1

FFFFF We're going to carry it!!?? Sweeeeet. Gonna check if and where I can get it in store when it drops.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#287 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

FFFFF We're going to carry it!!?? Sweeeeet. Gonna check if and where I can get it in store when it drops.

Best Buy may only have this as an online item; the site says "online only". It seems like this won't be available in local brick & mortar stores right now.

#288 alexkidd4

alexkidd4

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

I was about to preorder the joystick but supposedly it only works with the x-station. That sucks

#289 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

I was about to preorder the joystick but supposedly it only works with the x-station. That sucks

Well it's USB, so there is a possibility it might work on a PC, but we won't know until it releases and people try it out. Better to wait and see on this, for sure.

#290 TheRealRizzo

TheRealRizzo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Thanks for clearing it up, also can you stack BBRZ Gift Certificates? I went online and to check-out and there's no option (for me atleast) to add another, I have $65 in RZ GC I would like to burn on this.. Thanks.

#291 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

...The Neo Geo Gold X bundle is still available from Target and BB, and the standalone joystick is still available at Target and TRU (and you can take advantage of the B1G1 50% off at TRU).

Did you order for the B1G1-50% deal from TRU go through?!? Asking because their website said the promo excludes pre-orders.
- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#292 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

So...still no news as far as prices and games for the cards yet, right?

#293 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

Did you order for the B1G1-50% deal from TRU go through?!? Asking because their website said the promo excludes pre-orders.

Yep, I ordered two and got the 2nd for 50% off. It mentions the promotion on the product page for the stick on TRU. Two sticks for $75 plus tax (free shipping), came out to $78.xx for me shipped for both.

Edited by chimpmeister, 05 December 2012 - 11:11 PM.

#294 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

Thanks for clearing it up, also can you stack BBRZ Gift Certificates? I went online and to check-out and there's no option (for me atleast) to add another, I have $65 in RZ GC I would like to burn on this.. Thanks.

You should be able to. the site will normally give you the option to automatically add multiple certs if you click the link to add RZ certs and if you've linked your RZ to your Bestbuy.com account.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#295 Nerdstick

Nerdstick

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

Looks like Target sold out of the Gold bundles? No more preorder button (except for the sticks).

That leaves Best Buy as the last site.

#296 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

How many of these LE's do you think they are making? I would assume they would be halting production soon to ship in time for release date.

#297 winterlane

winterlane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

Anyone know if this shows up in the in-store preorder kiosk at Best Buy? The kiosk at my nearest store has been broken for several months now, otherwise I'd check it myself.

#298 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

Anyone know if this shows up in the in-store preorder kiosk at Best Buy? The kiosk at my nearest store has been broken for several months now, otherwise I'd check it myself.

I can find out.

47206.png
Currently Playing:

#299 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

How many of these LE's do you think they are making? I would assume they would be halting production soon to ship in time for release date.

No way to know about quantities of the LE version with the Ninja Master's card. But I can't believe this won't be available after the release date, at worst without the extra game. It's all really up in the air right now . . . we don't even know if future game cards are planned, although Tommo claims they are. Not enough information can be frustrating for stuff like this, but I guess we just have to hope the support is there in the future. I'd be really surprised if no future games came out, especially since they have the gamecard slot for just that purpose.

#300 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

I don't think anyone outside of Blaze and Tommo knows for sure, but it's pretty unlikely these are still in manufacturing unless the December 18th date is not accurate. These are being manufactured in China and sea freight typically takes 30 days for consumer electronics as they generally don't offload on the West Coast, but they have to go through the Panama Canal to unload in the New York/New Jersey ports where most electronics sold in the US travel through. It's likely whatever quantity they produced was manufactured several months ago.