Photo
- - - - -

Neo Geo X Gold/Handheld/Joystick preorders up GS/Amazon/BB/Target/Walmart 200/130/50

• Please log in to reply
857 replies to this topic

#301 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

Anyone know if this shows up in the in-store preorder kiosk at Best Buy? The kiosk at my nearest store has been broken for several months now, otherwise I'd check it myself.

You can't do store pick-up, so it's very unlikely they are taking preorders in-store. Like every other major retailer carrying this, it's a pre-order item only and there are no retailers that will be carrying it in stores (Gamestop will allow store pickup, but they aren't ordering extras for stores), at least not at launch.

#302 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

Yep, I ordered two and got the 2nd for 50% off. It mentions the promotion on the product page for the stick on TRU. Two sticks for $75 plus tax (free shipping), came out to $78.xx for me shipped for both.

Ok, thanks!
- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#303 salvanipour

salvanipour

Retro CAG'er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

It's not on the Best Buy site anymore. Anyone else seeing this? Glad I got my pre-order in...

#304 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

It's not on the Best Buy site anymore. Anyone else seeing this? Glad I got my pre-order in...

Completely removed from the BB site. All big retailers are sold out now, except for some NGX arcade sticks at TRU and Target.

#305 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

I apologize for being very late to all of this, but is there any indication that if you don't preorder you won't be able to get one, besides potentially a used one at Gamestop? Is this a one run and done type of thing?

#306 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

I apologize for being very late to all of this, but is there any indication that if you don't preorder you won't be able to get one, besides potentially a used one at Gamestop? Is this a one run and done type of thing?

It's hard to believe these won't be available after launch, maybe without the Ninja Master's card. People are hoping for more game cards to be released in the future, and Tommo claims they will be. If the systems were gone, their market for future cards would be very limited. But right now we just don't have any information.

#307 paperkut

paperkut

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

Completely removed from the BB site. All big retailers are sold out now, except for some NGX arcade sticks at TRU and Target.

Looks to be back on BestBuy for pre-order ...

#308 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c...4&skuId=7062107

Time's short!

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#309 TheRealRizzo

TheRealRizzo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c...4&skuId=7062107

Time's short!

I can't find it still on the website, only through the link.. I want it but if it's not on there actual site but viewable only through links I can't trust it. I'm stuck in a hard place..

#310 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

I can't find it still on the website, only through the link.. I want it but if it's not on there actual site but viewable only through links I can't trust it. I'm stuck in a hard place..

That is strange. However, I captured links to all the sites that sold the Neo Geo X Gold and joysticks in the OP (check them if you want), and the BB link is working now . . . whereas the link wasn't working earlier today. But searching on the BB site comes up with nothing at all (sometimes you have to search with a space between Neo Geo, sometimes without the space, depends on the website).

Not sure what is going on, but you can always call BB and ask about it.

#311 Gscept

Gscept

Gamer Afficionado!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

I already ordered mine from best buy and got the confirmation email. For those still doubting the link

To all my Sig. Haters!!!
Xbox.360GSCEPTER.png

***Plus 1100+ on PS3 BF3

300+PC

#312 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:40 AM

Anyone know if this shows up in the in-store preorder kiosk at Best Buy? The kiosk at my nearest store has been broken for several months now, otherwise I'd check it myself.

Checked mine today and no dice. However the SKU is active in the in-store inventory system so that's a good sign that it will be in stores. However, if it is in the stores, I highly recommend you snap it up in a heartbeat. I know I will.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#313 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:02 AM

I already ordered mine from best buy and got the confirmation email. For those still doubting the link

I ordered (again) through the link to check it, and it seemed to work for me as well. Very strange that BB doesn't have this searchable on their site.

#314 SW4J

SW4J

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:19 AM

If you're worried just use the link to add it to your cart, then go to Bestbuy.com separately. If it's still in your cart it's for real, if not it was a fake.

#315 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

If you're worried just use the link to add it to your cart, then go to Bestbuy.com separately. If it's still in your cart it's for real, if not it was a fake.

Its a real link . . . I captured it in the OP and the same link was posted a few posts ago by MrBoss. Just checked again. Not sure why BB search doesn't find it, but the product is still orderable.

#316 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:30 AM

A part of me wants it...but I just can't justify paying $200 for an emulation box. Yet...I still keep going back and fourth. Honestly I'd probably have already preordered if Best Buy didn't pull that shit of placing a hold for the full amount on the card once per week. I learned from those who pre-ordered the wii u from best buy online. Really, I believe any preorder at this point will be cancelled...no, back ordered. Only safe place to pre-order was GS in store and Amazon. Everywhere else fails.

#317 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

A part of me wants it...but I just can't justify paying $200 for an emulation box. Yet...I still keep going back and fourth. Honestly I'd probably have already preordered if Best Buy didn't pull that shit of placing a hold for the full amount on the card once per week. I learned from those who pre-ordered the wii u from best buy online. Really, I believe any preorder at this point will be cancelled...no, back ordered. Only safe place to pre-order was GS in store and Amazon. Everywhere else fails.

You could be right. I have one on order from Amazon, and now one from BB just for grins. And a few sticks from TRU and Target. Could be some of those fall through, you never know. This has been pretty strange for online orders.

#318 flywheels

flywheels

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:55 AM

Anyone know the dimensions of the docking station itself? I need to start clearing out room in my crowded game console area. I use those wooden white cube organizers from Target...I hope it isn't any wider than say a Saturn or TG16 console.

#319 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:55 AM

Maybe its not searchable because its in a weird category:

Best BuyVideo GamesClassic Video Game SystemsNintendo 64 › Product Info

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#320 Nerdstick

Nerdstick

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

It's been there.

#321 XtraN

XtraN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

You could be right. I have one on order from Amazon, and now one from BB just for grins. And a few sticks from TRU and Target. Could be some of those fall through, you never know. This has been pretty strange for online orders.

My thought exactly! Yet I haven't ordered elsewhere. Maybe I need to order another as a backup plan. It has been strange.

#322 spiderdog

spiderdog

$59.99 for a Game no Way!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

Backordered from Bestbuy now. Got this in my email. Is it saying backordered because its the 8th, the original sale date?

Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately the item below is on backorder and not yet available to ship. We expect to ship it within the next 1-2 weeks.
Posted Image

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← →B A
PSN=spiderdog
XBL=Spiderdogg

#323 Panther Cat

Panther Cat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

Has anyone else had their TRU stick orders cancelled? I decided to look at my order on their site and noticed that they did that. I never got any notification from TRU about it. I guess it makes sense, as the B1G1 50% off wasn't supposed to work on pre-orders, but it still would've been nice if they told me they did that.

#324 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

Has anyone else had their TRU stick orders cancelled? I decided to look at my order on their site and noticed that they did that. I never got any notification from TRU about it. I guess it makes sense, as the B1G1 50% off wasn't supposed to work on pre-orders, but it still would've been nice if they told me they did that.

Yep, same for me. How lame. Toys R Us is pretty well known for this kind of stuff, there have been articles about it. Fortunately I ordered one other stick from Target; with the Red card you get 5% off and free shipping. The stick is still up on Target I think; being USB I hope it can be used on PC at least, besides the NGX.

#325 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Well, my Neo Geo stick was cancelled from TRU... but I got :wii: NSMB for $27 shipped, no reversal quirks. This I didn't expect, but hey, cancel the full price preorder!
Posted Image
... then I placed a new Neo Geo stick order from TRU for the same price they were going to charge me to begin with, since I still want one. :applause: Good job TRU!

#326 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

The Neo Geo X Gold system FINALLY showed up on Walmart.com:

http://www.walmart.c...System/22356594

OP has been updated with the link. So that means the system is available from BB and Walmart as of this post.

#327 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

What is the official release date for this now? Is it still the 18th as far as anybody knows? I'm getting excited here. Can't wait to get this system.

#328 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

What is the official release date for this now? Is it still the 18th as far as anybody knows? I'm getting excited here. Can't wait to get this system.

Still scheduled for 12/18, but that may slip. Much that I don't care for Twitter, you can get some good updated info from their feed:

https://twitter.com/NeoGeoXconsole

#329 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

Does walmart place a full amount hold?
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#330 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:08 AM

The Neo Geo X Gold system FINALLY showed up on Walmart.com:

http://www.walmart.c...System/22356594

OP has been updated with the link. So that means the system is available from BB and Walmart as of this post.

Is this the Limited Edition or just the regular system?

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay