Photo
- - - - -

Neo Geo X Gold/Handheld/Joystick preorders up GS/Amazon/BB/Target/Walmart 200/130/50

• Please log in to reply
857 replies to this topic

#331 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

Is this the Limited Edition or just the regular system?

It says limited edition in the last sentence of the description.
- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#332 thisisthetito4

thisisthetito4

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

Has anyone else had their TRU stick orders cancelled? I decided to look at my order on their site and noticed that they did that. I never got any notification from TRU about it. I guess it makes sense, as the B1G1 50% off wasn't supposed to work on pre-orders, but it still would've been nice if they told me they did that.

yes mine was too.i agree they should of atleast notified us.

#333 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

Found some new info about the Neo Geo X today. Someone got ahold of an actual NGX console and joysticks, and pictures were supplied to a French unofficial blog site for the Neo Geo X. A very short (~1min) video was also provided, but it really doesn't show much. Here is the French blogsite (use Google to translate the page, but the pics and vid are easily viewable):

http://neogeo-x.blogspot.com/

Also, there is a message from Blaze to one of the EU retailers apologizing for the delay in release of the system, and promising quick shipment probably right after Christmas (note that this does not refer to North American orders, but I'm sure those will also be delayed a little past the 12/18 release):

Dear Andy,

We are collecting the NeoGeo X consoles and joysticks directly from the manufacturer between the 19th – 22nd December. We are going to air freight these over (may I add at great expense) on a priority chartered service.

Can you please provide all of the outstanding orders (and please keep me updated with new orders as they come through) and we will ship these directly from our warehouse to your customers – this will save some critical days and ensure your customers receive the product as quickly as possible. We have cancelled all Christmas leave for all our employees until the last unit has been shipped to your customers. This is not as drastic as it sounds as all our team volunteered this, of course, including myself. We expect to ship between Christmas and New Year. As per our discussion, please also remain open to process enquiries, customer support and additional orders during this period. We will ship using either DHL or FedEx (depending upon who will deliver the quickest) and we will provide the tracking information to all of your customers to you, so you can quickly and easily track all deliveries.

We might miss Christmas by a few days, but we are doing all we can to ensure that your customers get the NEO GEO X Gold System as quickly as is humanely possible!

Sorry again for the delay, please apologise to your customers on our behalf for this and although all the issues have been completely out of the control of BLAZE, we are doing all we can to make this right. Feel free to forward our email address to anyone that would like to speak to us directly, we don’t have any secrets!

Regards

Jason

#334 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

We have cancelled all Christmas leave for all our employees until the last unit has been shipped to your customers.

:shock:

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#335 RastaNine

RastaNine

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

Since Walmart has it as a preorder, and is selling it, this is a good sign. You have to be able to ship a large quantity of product if Walmart takes it, and if the system is selling through Walmart that means a larger system base, and better chance of more new games.

#336 paperkut

paperkut

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

Gamestop is accepting pre-orders again ...

#337 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

We have cancelled all Christmas leave for all our employees until the last unit has been shipped to your customers.

:shock:

That stood out to me as well. That royally sucks.

#338 Spoon_si

Spoon_si

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

I'm on the fence with this system, But I got $35 in bestbuy rewards waiting if this show up in my bestbuy store.

only game I want is Sengoku 3, I will buy a neogeo x for this game alone.
Trade List: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=213284
Updated: 02-03-09

Posted Image

#339 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

Since Walmart has it as a preorder, and is selling it, this is a good sign. You have to be able to ship a large quantity of product if Walmart takes it, and if the system is selling through Walmart that means a larger system base, and better chance of more new games.

You're reading too much into this. Walmart will sell preorder niche products on it's website just like Amazon and other retailers will. They basically take orders, collect a small margin and ship them out. They likely won't maintain any physical stock beyond preorders. If they make it a regular on-line and retail stock item, that would be huge. Unfortunately, no major retailer has committed to that just yet.

#340 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Still debating if I should cancel my amazon order and preorder thru best buy or target since if it stinks I can easily return. That sucks on employes having there Christmas leave cancelled.

#341 gamecube ichiban

gamecube ichiban

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Still no info on future game titles... ?
Gonna have to pass at this point, cuz it seems like there might never be any future game cards released..

Maybe if most of the better 20 games on offer weren't already readily available on the Wii VC it might be worth it, but half of the 20 aren't really worth taking the plunge for (imo)

#342 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

Gamestop is accepting pre-orders again ...

Noticed this today also kinda of abit unhappy about it but I am kind of done with Gamestop now. They dropped 10K reward points on my account without giving a reason and I had earned these points twenty days ago. So I had 33K points in total for 20 days I could of used and they gave me some BS answer after I emailed with them saying they had some mishaps with points being processed and some people were rewarded double points. I would of been fine if they had fixed this within a few days of my purchase but 20 days is just pushing it because I am sure some of those users spent their points within that long of a period. Had already preordered this from Best Buy so I think I am going to stick with them from this purchase on. It seems they have some better deals with their rewards program compared to Gamestop.

#343 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

Your Walmart.com Order Has Shipped

Your Current Shipment(s)

Item Qty
Price
Total Neo Geo X Gold System
199.96 HomeFree Arrives by Mon., Dec 24 Eligible for Free Standard Shipping to Home.
Shipping Method: Fedex
Tracking #: XXXXXXX

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#344 sainrub

sainrub

CAGisdabomb!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

Cool, wonder if Amazon will ship out today as well.

What kind of TV you guys going to connect this to? HD or SD?

Ive got my good ole 27" sony trinitron 4:3 with s-video im going to try out first. I never had a widescreen tube tv with component inputs so im not sure what ill be missing.

And also any news about homegrown shock boxes for ninja masters? I think DS cases would be a nice starting point. Im no good at creating my own artwork so im eager to find some custom ones somewhere.

EDIT:

Looks like it sports a composite cable as the other output so there goes my chance of playing in s-video quality at least. The size is 3.5mm like the cables alot of camcorders use. Ive read on neo-geo.com that some peeps bought hdmi/component adapters for those rocking tubes with component inputs. Maybe i can get lucky and find a set like that locally through craigslist. Could also enjoy my wii/gamecube games as a double whammy. I 'll definitely try it out with HDMI as well, hope it cooperates with my LCD TV and allows full pixel display (non stretched). This will make the second console that comes with an included HDMI cable ive purchased lately. Course this is a handheld device so that makes it even more cray. :D

Edited by sainrub, 14 December 2012 - 03:08 PM.
Added note about video out capability

#345 paperkut

paperkut

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

hehe ... walmart ... last to put it up online ... first to ship?

#346 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

hehe ... walmart ... last to put it up online ... first to ship?

You're right, huge surprise! :hot: I had an extra NGX Gold ordered through Walmart and was going to cancel it (already have one ordered from Amazon), but they shipped it 4 days early. Unbelievable. Well I can always return it if I don't want two of them, but if the NGX turns out to be really good, I'll just keep it. 8-)

#347 Cloggerdude

Cloggerdude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

Just got an e-mail from BestBuy stating that my pre-order had been canceled, because they did not receive a shipment like they thought they were going to. I was pretty pissed off, since I had been banking on getting it from there.

That is, until I read the rest of the e-mail. They gave me a $100 credit for my next order from their website. $100? Really? Heck yeah!

So yeah, I just placed an order through Walmart for another NeoGeo, and I have a $100 credit through Best Buy. I'm a little concerned that I won't get my order from Walmart either, but oh well. Hopefully it'll be the Limited Edition.

#348 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

Just got an e-mail from BestBuy stating that my pre-order had been canceled, because they did not receive a shipment like they thought they were going to. I was pretty pissed off, since I had been banking on getting it from there.

Damn - now I'm nervous I'll get a cancelation notice since I ordered from BB online too...

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#349 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

someone posted in earlier page that theres a big shipping delay resulting in employees working thru xmas to make sure all orders are sent out. check back a few pages
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#350 Tiako

Tiako

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

What is so limited about the neo geo gold X vs the regular one?

#351 Nerdstick

Nerdstick

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

What is so limited about the neo geo gold X vs the regular one?

The Ninja Masters card.

Hope the reports on a January delay end up false..

#352 Tiako

Tiako

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

The Ninja Masters card.

Will you not be able to get the Ninja masters card outside of the LE?

#353 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

Will you not be able to get the Ninja masters card outside of the LE?

It's not clear. There have been no real plans laid out for additional game releases and no major retail stores are carrying the system just yet, so it's unclear when or if you will be able to buy the game separately.

#354 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

The Ninja Masters card.

People are reporting that Walmart shipped, so unless that's just a glitch or an error, it seems that some systems are in fact shipping out in December to consumers.

#355 Tiako

Tiako

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

Can you pick up the LE in store?

#356 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

Can you pick up the LE in store?

Only if you preordered from Gamestop. No other major retailers are currently doing store pickup or sales of the unit.

#357 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

Just got an e-mail from BestBuy stating that my pre-order had been canceled, because they did not receive a shipment like they thought they were going to.

Hoping that mine goes through have not received a shipping email or whether it has been canceled or not from Best Buy. It says my payment has been validated on the website so I am guessing I will be receiving a email soon on its shipping.

#358 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

I cancelled my order at Amazon. Need to use my bonus on more important things.

#359 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

Hoping that mine goes through have not received a shipping email or whether it has been canceled or not from Best Buy. It says my payment has been validated on the website so I am guessing I will be receiving a email soon on its shipping.

Actually, it will say "payment validated" within minutes of you placing any preorder on Best Buy.com. It just means they put a pre-auth charge on your payment method. So, it doesn't mean that they have received their stock yet or that your order is close to shipping.

#360 Fades

Fades

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

I cancelled my order at Amazon. Need to use my bonus on more important things.

I canceled as well, I looked over the games again and there really is nothing that really makes me want one. Maybe in the future