Photo
- - - - -

Neo Geo X Gold/Handheld/Joystick preorders up GS/Amazon/BB/Target/Walmart 200/130/50

• Please log in to reply
857 replies to this topic

#391 nosch

nosch

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

Why is Bestbuy still taking Preorders if they just cancelled our preorders? Should we preorder again with the $100 discount code and get it for $99? Will we lose that code if we use it for this if they cancel new preorder?

Has anyone else's best buy orders been cancelled?

#392 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

If you sign up for a free account on the UPS website, you can add tracking numbers to your profile and have them routed to local UPS locations, and held for you to pick up. I've done this a few times when I wasn't going to be home, and had an expensive item pending delivery.

Did not know about this going to go ahead and sign up for an account now.

My order has yet to be cancelled but it has not been prepared for shipping either. Might order from Walmart to be on the safe side and just return one of them if Best Buy does finally ship. Kind of a pain that they are putting it off this long to ship out and these posts from others that their orders were cancelled are making me uneasy but if there is no updates on it by Sunday I will order from Walmart.

#393 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

Anyone pre ordered after dec 6th from walmart and still got the LE ?

#394 Nerdstick

Nerdstick

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

Did not know about this going to go ahead and sign up for an account now.

My order has yet to be cancelled but it has not been prepared for shipping either. Might order from Walmart to be on the safe side and just return one of them if Best Buy does finally ship. Kind of a pain that they are putting it off this long to ship out and these posts from others that their orders were cancelled are making me uneasy but if there is no updates on it by Sunday I will order from Walmart.

Another GameFAQ user got their BestBuy order cancelled. Might want to pull the switch. (but keep the order for that $100GC chance)

#395 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

Anyone pre ordered after dec 6th from walmart and still got the LE ?

I preordered from Walmart on 12/8 just as a test, and the LE arrived today. Haven't opened it yet, since I have yet another system on order from Amazon, and I want to be sure these are good before I decide to keep the Walmart order. If they're not great, I'll just return the Walmart order and be set.

Having said that, I think all early orders, even if you ordered today, would get the LE; but that's just a guess.

#396 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

Another GameFAQ user got their BestBuy order cancelled. Might want to pull the switch. (but keep the order for that $100GC chance)

Bleh wish they would just cancel it now and send a email on it. Going to go preorder on Walmart.com hope if Best Buy does ship it out that I can return it to a store instead of shipping it back.

#397 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

My preorder hasn't been cancelled yet. If it does there will be hell to pay! If it does get cancelled would I still be able to get the limited edition through another store or is it preorder only?

#398 nosch

nosch

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

Bleh wish they would just cancel it now and send a email on it. Going to go preorder on Walmart.com hope if Best Buy does ship it out that I can return it to a store instead of shipping it back.

It seems odd that they are actually canceling orders. Especially that they are giving out $100 gifts cards as well. At this point my order is good and they are still taking new pre-orders. If they are canceling orders why are they taking more?

#399 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

It seems odd that they are actually canceling orders. Especially that they are giving out $100 gifts cards as well. At this point my order is good and they are still taking new pre-orders. If they are canceling orders why are they taking more?

Can you please explain this 100 gift card?

I also used 60 dollars worth of reward zone coupons. If my order gets cancelled will they refund me those certificates? Anybody know the answer to this?

#400 stubadub

stubadub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

Can you please explain this 100 gift card?

I also used 60 dollars worth of reward zone coupons. If my order gets cancelled will they refund me those certificates? Anybody know the answer to this?

I've asked this question before while on the phone with Best Buy's customer service line and I was told that there is a slight delay for the points to get credited to your reward zone account, but you will definitely not lose your certificates.

#401 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

I've asked this question before while on the phone with Best Buy's customer service line and I was told that there is a slight delay for the points to get credited to your reward zone account, but you will definitely not lose your certificates.

Good to know. Do you know what all this mention is about for this 100 dollar gift card? Is BB giving out 100 dollar gift cards for canceling preorders?

#402 stubadub

stubadub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

Good to know. Do you know what all this mention is about for this 100 dollar gift card? Is BB giving out 100 dollar gift cards for canceling preorders?

Only what I've read in this thread. People are reporting that their preorders have been canceled since Best Buy hasn't received the product, and are getting $100 credit as an apology.

#403 Nerdstick

Nerdstick

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

I preordered from Walmart on 12/8 just as a test, and the LE arrived today. Haven't opened it yet, since I have yet another system on order from Amazon, and I want to be sure these are good before I decide to keep the Walmart order. If they're not great, I'll just return the Walmart order and be set.

Having said that, I think all early orders, even if you ordered today, would get the LE; but that's just a guess.

Do you mean see if they're good before keeping both (If bad return one and keep the other)?

If you plan to keep one (Amazon) either way, you could always open the one you have and return the Amazon unit to walmart, seeing as how they're the same thing.

#404 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

Do you mean see if they're good before keeping both (If bad return one and keep the other)?

If you plan to keep one (Amazon) either way, you could always open the one you have and return the Amazon unit to walmart, seeing as how they're the same thing.

Exactly. I'll keep one console, no matter what. If the system isn't what I expect, I'll just return the Walmart one to a local Walmart, and get a refund.

Can't open this unit (from Walmart), for a few reasons. One is that, if they have serial numbers, it's important to return each unit to it's source. Other reasons too, but in any case this one has to stay squirrelled away for now.

On a side note, my single NGX stick shipped from Target today. No word from Amazon on my other NGX Gold bundle.

#405 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:01 AM

Starting to wonder if Best Buy is only cancelling recent preorders. I read elsewhere someone saying that they preordered from Best Buy and it was put on a backorder list but that still does not explain why they still have it listed on the site. Wish they would just take it down and cancel all orders if they really do not have any in stock by release. It is pretty lame that some people may be left in the dark and not get their gold edition just cause they thought Best Buy was going to deliver.

Almost forgot I did call Best Buy customer service on these orders being cancelled and if I should be worried whether my order will be cancelled and they just told me that my order was still active and they would ship the product to me as soon as they are ready and they just gave me a lame response that the other order cancellations by other people I mentioned to them were most likely due to wrong information being supplied by the users which I doubt is correct. People who have had their orders cancelled should probably customer service to see what Best Buy has to say what happened to their preorders and post on what they find out so people on here can know what is going on.

Edited by Sion, 16 December 2012 - 04:11 AM.

#406 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:23 AM

Alright so a couple things that are starting to worry me after reading all these posts...

Let's say I keep my order open at Best Buy which I plan to do, I just checked and the Preparing Order stage isn't ready.... Soooo, let's say I keep this order open and it end up being cancelled. So I decide to order from Walmart. Will I get the limited edition or is that preorder only?

I'm beginning to wonder if I should put in an order at Walmart and have that sucker ship to me and just play the waiting game to see what Best Buy does.

Only reason why I wanted to order from BB is because I had 75 bucks in reward certs and I get the points. I only paid 135 after all said and done.

If I order from Wal Mart I'm paying full price.

Do these units have unique serial numbers? Can anyone confirm? If so, I wouldn't be able to return my Best Buy sealed unit to Walmart, could I?

#407 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

After reading through this thread, I decided to check up on my order that I placed with Best Buy.

This is what it says:

"Order Status:: 1 item(s) - Status Not Available."

Now I have since placed two other separate transactions for different products and they both say the following:

"Order Status:: 1 item(s) - order at warehouse in process of shipping."

Should I be worried that there is no status change in my order?

#408 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:32 AM

After reading through this thread, I decided to check up on my order that I placed with Best Buy.

This is what it says:

"Order Status:: 1 item(s) - Status Not Available."

Now I have since placed two other separate transactions for different products and they both say the following:

"Order Status:: 1 item(s) - order at warehouse in process of shipping."

Should I be worried that there is no status change in my order?

I placed an order today too, and it says the same thing. I wouldn't worry about it, the order is still active.

#409 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

This thing looks sweet. I would be all over it if I was into fighting games but I'm more of an RPG gamer. I do like King of Fighters/Fatal Fury and Metal Slug but not enough to buy a console for it. I bought some of the compilations for PS2.

#410 neocvera

neocvera

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

I ordered it from Walmart as my backup to Amazon. I posted that it shipped this morning earlier in the thread (it shipped last night) and its already here. WTG Walmart!

I am actually going out tonight (Friday night!) so cant post impressions. :(

Must have been some Friday night. Welcome to Sunday morning.

#411 sainrub

sainrub

CAGisdabomb!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

Smelling salts will help. Wait, on second thought lets just chief him. 8-)

#412 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

Thank you.
Yesterday I was out as well and saw The Hobbit. It's been a busy weekend. :bouncy:

#413 spiderdog

spiderdog

$59.99 for a Game no Way!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

OK, many have got the Neo Geo X now. Please give us a review.
Posted Image

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← →B A
PSN=spiderdog
XBL=Spiderdogg

#414 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

OK, many have got the Neo Geo X now. Please give us a review.

They are all keeping it sealed ;)

#415 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

They are all keeping it sealed ;)

That's what I'm doing when mine comes in from Amazon. I'm waiting for reviews, and announcements of future games, to determine if I'll keep or return it. But if everyone does the same... :lol:

#416 Chango

Chango

A Winner Is You!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

So if I order from Walmart and decide not to keep it I can just take it in to my local store and get my money back? I currently have an order at Amazon too....

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#417 Cloggerdude

Cloggerdude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

After receiving my cancellation email from Best Buy, I immediately ordered another system from Wal-Mart. Got a shipment email the next day with a tracking number, and it should arrive via FedEx Wednesday.

I'm sure someone else will post before then, but I definitely plan to open my system, so I'll put up a mini review sometime shortly afterwards.

#418 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

So if I order from Walmart and decide not to keep it I can just take it in to my local store and get my money back?

Yes.

#419 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

Sorry, I wish I could open the Walmart system that just arrived at my house yesterday, but my GF would kill me if she saw it. Long story, but she actually is giving me one for my X-mas present, but its the one coming from Amazon, not Walmart. So I can't just break this one out and fire it up . . . its gotta stay squirreled away for a while. She won't be too excited about a second system when she's already buying me one as a Christmas gift. :lol:

Plus if the system looks to be not that great (from early reviews), I'll just return the Walmart one right back to the store. If it is pretty decent, I'll just keep it.

I also have an arcade stick by itself ordered, already shipped from Target, so that should arrive in the next day or so.

Sorry to not be able to give impressions, I've been looking for those myself . . . haven't found anything yet though.

#420 spiderdog

spiderdog

$59.99 for a Game no Way!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

After receiving my cancellation email from Best Buy, I immediately ordered another system from Wal-Mart. Got a shipment email the next day with a tracking number, and it should arrive via FedEx Wednesday.

I'm sure someone else will post before then, but I definitely plan to open my system, so I'll put up a mini review sometime shortly afterwards.

Finally someone.
Posted Image

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← →B A
PSN=spiderdog
XBL=Spiderdogg