Photo
- - - - -

Neo Geo X Gold/Handheld/Joystick preorders up GS/Amazon/BB/Target/Walmart 200/130/50

• Please log in to reply
857 replies to this topic

#451 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Wow really thought my Best Buy Order had shipped for a second was going to go cancel Walmart order then I notice that the shipping email was to that Book of Spells Move bundle I ordered yesterday ><.

#452 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

The cheapest legal way to play all these games is still to get them all on your PSP/Vita. Having said that, I'm an idiot, and mine should be here today. And it will sit right next to my PSP and Vita :(

You're not an idiot; I have many SNK games on my PSP and Vita as well, but those systems don't have a little clicky stick like the Neo Geo X does. That's going to make a huge difference in how they play, in my opinion. And the docking station and full-sized joystick are huge pluses as well.

#453 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

Wow really thought my Best Buy Order had shipped for a second was going to go cancel Walmart order then I notice that the shipping email was to that Book of Spells Move bundle I ordered yesterday ><.

Don't worry, you can always return either system to Walmart or BB if you don't want two of them.

#454 PikaPichu

PikaPichu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

img snip

So much nostalgia... for those too young to know, Electronics Boutique later bece known as EB games for short. I still remember the gaming catalogs they used to put out. $200 was way more than I could afford. Heck, I was barely able to spend the $80-$90 it would cost for RPGs like FF3 and Chrono Trigger.

#455 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

Tempted on getting a second controller but doubt it would ever get used, probably my nephew would be the only one to use and he would lose interest in it pretty fast probably and gf is only interested in RPGs so thats a no go.

#456 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Has it been confirmed if SNK will be releasing more game cards later on?

#457 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

It's never been mentioned. Likely nothing new will be released. Hell, the one they're packing in doesn't even hav an esrb.

#458 GohanX

GohanX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

Out of all the information available that I have seen, the best tidbit on new games was that IF the NGX does well they will license more games for release in the springtime. It seems that they want to make sure the system sells well before spending more money on licensing.

Considering most places were selling out of preorders, I'd say it sold pretty darned well.

#459 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

SNK is not involved in the distribution or production of software for the unit. They just licensed their IP to Tommo/Blaze, so any future game titles depend on Tommo/Blaze paying to license them and then handling production and distribution.

#460 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

My Neo Geo X joystick arrived from Target today. It is packaged very much like the original Neo Geo AES sticks were. Pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I can't open this one because its my backup joystick; since the Neo Geo X Gold system already comes with one, that's the one I will open and use.

#461 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

I guess I'm kinda jaded, but I don't see how someone in this day and age that is into video games enough to come to a site for buying video games and not know what a neo geo is. I grew up in one of the smallest towns in Tennessee and even we knew that :(

Anyway, Amazon is shipping soon for me now too, can't wait.

#462 XtraN

XtraN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Yet to get mine canceled still but no signs whether it is going to be shipped or not. Ordered mine Nov. 28th sorta hoping they do cancel it so I get the $100 since I already have a backup ordered at walmart now.

I did the same exact thing. I already have a tracking number from Walmart, but not sure if it is the LE or not. We'll see. Still no word from Best Buy yet if they cancelled my order.

#463 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

I did the same exact thing. I already have a tracking number from Walmart, but not sure if it is the LE or not. We'll see. Still no word from Best Buy yet if they cancelled my order.

It has to be the LE, they will not be releasing the base system package until February 1st.

#464 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

Trust me, it will be the Limited Edition with Ninja Master's. Already got mine from Walmart, and it was. Don't worry about that.

#465 PikaPichu

PikaPichu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

Trust me, it will be the Limited Edition with Ninja Master's. Already got mine from Walmart, and it was. Don't worry about that.

Have you had a chance to try it out yet? What are your impressions of it so far?

#466 lidl

lidl

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

just received shipping confirmation of my amazon-order !
:hd: :360: :psp: :gba: :wii: :dvd: :ps2: :xbox: :gc: :ds: :pc: :ps3:

#467 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Have you had a chance to try it out yet? What are your impressions of it so far?

No, I haven't, I'm sorry. I posted earlier in the thread that my GF is getting me a Gold system plus joystick for X-Mas, but those are coming from Amazon, not Walmart. She wouldn't be too thrilled to see a 2nd full system when she's already getting me one, and my Amazon system hasn't shipped. So my Walmart NGX has to stay squirrelled away for now, and the joystick that I got is a backup; can't open that either right now. Sorry, I'm dying to get impressions too, I just can't risk it. :cry:

#468 PikaPichu

PikaPichu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

No, I haven't, I'm sorry. I posted earlier in the thread that my GF is getting me a Gold system plus joystick for X-Mas, but those are coming from Amazon, not Walmart. She wouldn't be too thrilled to see a 2nd full system when she's already getting me one, and my Amazon system hasn't shipped. So my Walmart NGX has to stay squirrelled away for now, and the joystick that I got is a backup; can't open that either right now. Sorry, I'm dying to get impressions too, I just can't risk it. :cry:

D'oh. Oh wells. The wait will make it all the more sweeter. Found this post in the Neogaf forums referring to the impressions of some Facebook user:

'OK, so far so good! As advertised. The hand-held is of superb quality and the Arcade stick is very similar to the original. I'm not to impressed with the docking station. It's doing the same thing the one did on the promo vids I've seen. You really have to push it down for it to stay closed. But, in reality it was all 199.00 so I'm pleased. I've only hooked it up through the HDMI port, but it seemed to work fine. The aspect ratio was 16x9, so it was stretched. I'm going to fiddle around with it to see if I can get the aspect ratio right on the tv. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.'

http://www.neogaf.co...=486640&page=14

#469 iceman887

iceman887

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

any idea if gamestop brick and mortar are getting these tomorrow? Flying out for the holiday and I had one preordered.

#470 Nerdstick

Nerdstick

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

D'oh. Oh wells. The wait will make it all the more sweeter. Found this post in the Neogaf forums referring to the impressions of some Facebook user:
http://www.neogaf.co...=486640&page=14

There was also a snipped unfinished review that said roughly the same thing: that they were unimpressed by the dock but the emulation and build quality was flawless. That facebook feedbook coincides perfectly.

Amazon's still got me stuck with Shipping Soon. Erk! Hope mine ships today..

#471 bigbabyaggie99

bigbabyaggie99

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

Looking forward to receiving one and eventually playing the games.

#472 nil

nil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

Posted my impressions: http://www.destructo...ns-240770.phtml

#473 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

Posted my impressions: http://www.destructo...ns-240770.phtml

Thanks for putting that together and posting it here! The handheld looks really nice. Looking forward to trying this out when my Amazon order ships!

EDIT: Added bestsku.com links for NGX Gold system and joystick to OP. They appear to still have both the system and joystick in stock; the joystick by itself seems to a little scarce right now.

Edited by chimpmeister, 17 December 2012 - 09:57 PM.

#474 ProphetZero

ProphetZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

You pretty much answered your own question. Since you admittedly don't have any history with the system, there's probably not a whole lot that anyone can say that will convince you that it's worth the purchase, but I'll try anyway...

Since you took the time to read through the topic then you would have been able to comprehend that I was responding to answers people already gave me but I guess you missed that part. A N64 cost $200 back then but that doesn't mean I would pay that much for it now if they re released it. Its all nostalgia based on what I have read.

#475 Nerdstick

Nerdstick

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

Since you took the time to read through the topic then you would have been able to comprehend that I was responding to answers people already gave me but I guess you missed that part. A N64 cost $200 back then but that doesn't mean I would pay that much for it now if they re released it. Its all nostalgia based on what I have read.

You're comparing a re-release that costs less than 1/3 of the original price with 20 games built-in to a 1:1 N64 re-release? :drool:

A better comparison by that logic would be if Nintendo released a handheld N64 with tv-out, and 20 built in games for $60, then. People would totally be all over that. And even then, NeoGeo games were way more expensive than N64 games.

#476 ProphetZero

ProphetZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

I just don't see it being worth the amount as its old. Old games shouldn't be released as if they were new. I've seen Atari arcade sticks with a bunch of old games on them for $10-20 in retail lol. I mean you can buy Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection for $10-20 but if Sega decided to release it on an old remade genesis and add in a joy stick does that justify charging $200?

I think I'll buy it just because people will want it in the future and I could make some good cash from it. A sucker is born every day.

#477 dallow

dallow

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

I just don't see it being worth the amount as its old. Old games shouldn't be released as if they were new. I've seen Atari arcade sticks with a bunch of old games on them for $10-20 in retail lol. I mean you can buy Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection for $10-20 but if Sega decided to release it on an old remade genesis and add in a joy stick does that justify charging $200?

I think I'll buy it just because people will want it in the future and I could make some good cash from it. A sucker is born every day.

lol
"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7487

#478 Nerdstick

Nerdstick

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

It's not, it was $600+ old. It's less than a third of it's price, with 20 games built in..that was my point.

Atari games are worthless just like the systems, so naturally..Blaze did release a handheld genesis though. And no, not $200, because the Genesis launched at $200. Are you even reading?

#479 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

Straight from retard central.

#480 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

watch out now, we have a "cool" person in a video games forum. :roll:
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot: