Photo
- - - - -

Neo Geo X Gold/Handheld/Joystick preorders up GS/Amazon/BB/Target/Walmart 200/130/50

• Please log in to reply
857 replies to this topic

#481 ProphetZero

ProphetZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

watch out now, we have a "cool" person in a video games forum. :roll:

Like.

#482 PikaPichu

PikaPichu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

Posted my impressions: http://www.destructo...ns-240770.phtml

Thanks for the impressions! Any idea how the slow down is on the games - or if there is any at all? I remember the arcade would slow down at parts on games like Metal Slug.

#483 dallow

dallow

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

Thanks for the impressions! Any idea how the slow down is on the games - or if there is any at all? I remember the arcade would slow down at parts on games like Metal Slug.

I would hope it still does that.
Part of the game!
"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7487

#484 XtraN

XtraN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

Anyone else have their Amazon order ship? I received notification at 3:01 Pacific time.

System with extra controller has shipped and I will receive next DAY! :shock: Thank You Amazon Prime free trial for 2 months! :).

#485 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

I preordered one at local Gamestop. Its pushed back until Feb now.

KneeKnee.png

#486 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

I really want one of these but will likely never happen.

#487 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

I actually agree with ProphetZero. I don't see the hype with this product at all .... Execpt for the nostalgic value

$200 that could be easily spent on a Vita, 3DS, Or a PSP that can play every single game on that list perfectly since it's been released as a collection. If TV-Out is needed pick up the PSPGO which can sync up with a DualShock 3.

If you need TV out

#488 stubadub

stubadub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

I actually agree with ProphetZero. I don't see the hype with this product at all .... Execpt for the nostalgic value

...then you see the hype. It's all about nostalgia. It's for people that loved Neo Geo games and wanted the system. I own plenty of other systems where I could buy these games, but I want the one that looks like a Neo Geo. Why? Nostalgia.

#489 RastaNine

RastaNine

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

My Neo Geo from Amazon just shipped!

#490 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

...then you see the hype. It's all about nostalgia. It's for people that loved Neo Geo games and wanted the system. I own plenty of other systems where I could buy these games, but I want the one that looks like a Neo Geo. Why? Nostalgia.

I understand you lol ..... Nostalgia is a wallet murderer :booty:

#491 XtraN

XtraN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

I understand you lol ..... Nostalgia is a wallet murderer :booty:

Sure is!
I bought a turboGrafx CD system because I could never afford one back in the day. I got a "good" deal on eBay a few years ago. It has been quite fun. I could have bought Magic Engine for the PC, or play them on my PSP, but it is not quite the same.

This system is a $ compromise instead of buying a used Neo Geo AES. (You pay through the nose on game carts too)

Wife will not understand... Oh well, she doesn't have to! :)

#492 mrkevon

mrkevon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

I pre-ordered at GameStop and they are so borderline retarded. I called to ask about the preorder they keep saying it doesn't release until February. I am like that's not true. They are worthless. I will never preorder a damn thing from them again. No system tomorrow and I will get my cash back.

#493 Nerdstick

Nerdstick

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

I pre-ordered at GameStop and they are so borderline retarded. I called to ask about the preorder they keep saying it doesn't release until February. I am like that's not true. They are worthless. I will never preorder a damn thing from them again. No system tomorrow and I will get my cash back.

They're confusing it for the standalone handheld which does release in February. Correct them that you mean the Gold Bundle.

Unless you preordered the handheld :(

#494 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

HOLY SMOKES. I'm so happy. After all these nightmare and horror stories about cancelled orders at Best Buy... I checked my account again today and I got this....

"Order Status:: 1 item(s) - Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 1 - 2 days."

It finally moved to the next stage.

So freaking happy.

#495 dallow

dallow

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

Posted my impressions: http://www.destructo...ns-240770.phtml

Good write up and tip on the aspect ratio thing.
Don't agree with the "OS" being better than Vita though.... That's just odd.
This thing barely has an OS.

I really do hope more "carts" are released.

#496 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

HOLY SMOKES. I'm so happy. After all these nightmare and horror stories about cancelled orders at Best Buy... I checked my account again today and I got this....

"Order Status:: 1 item(s) - Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 1 - 2 days."

It finally moved to the next stage.

So freaking happy.

Checked mine a few hours ago and ya it does says its actually being prepared now. Sucks I cannot cancel the Walmart backup I ordered >< at least if one of the boxes box art is damaged I have extra coming to me and can return the damaged one. Thinking about keeping both but not sure I will probably will need the money though. Would be nice to have one docked full time in my office room.

#497 nosch

nosch

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

Checked mine a few hours ago and ya it does says its actually being prepared now. Sucks I cannot cancel the Walmart backup I ordered >< at least if one of the boxes box art is damaged I have extra coming to me and can return the damaged one. Thinking about keeping both but not sure I will probably will need the money though. Would be nice to have one docked full time in my office room.

I am in the same boat with one coming from Best Buy and my backup order from Walmart. Part of me really wants to keep it as it gives me a second stick in addition to a backup system. The key is keeping the second one from the wife as she doesn't know I ordered a backup.

#498 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

Keep the backup system. You know damn well when you take it back and return it to the store, you'll end up spending that money on something else and will have nothing to show! ;). Just keep the extra set and tuck it away in the closet or something.

#499 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:07 AM

Keep the backup system. You know damn well when you take it back and return it to the store, you'll end up spending that money on something else and will have nothing to show! ;). Just keep the extra set and tuck it away in the closet or something.

Good advice I think. I will have at least one backup system if this turns out to be good.

Also, it seems like the standalone joysticks are getting kind of scarce, but maybe more will be coming; who knows. Only a few places selling them right now (TRU and Bestsku). Target had them but you can't order anymore.

#500 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

Mine shipped from Amazon. It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

I didn't order an extra joystick. Between this, the Wii U, a new computer, and about 8 BF games, I need to stop spending money on videogames through about March.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#501 nil

nil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:05 AM

Since it's emulating, it runs exactly like the MVS/AES, so, yup, the slowdown in Metal Slug is still there. Ninja Master's is really awesome. I'm glad they included several of the classics!

My comment about the OS was just something about the system that struck me. I much prefer scrolling through a list to choose a game over the Vita's touch-designed OS. Even after Sony added D-pad controls, navigation felt odd to me.

#502 Tiako

Tiako

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

Good advice I think. I will have at least one backup system if this turns out to be good.

Also, it seems like the standalone joysticks are getting kind of scarce, but maybe more will be coming; who knows. Only a few places selling them right now (TRU and Bestsku). Target had them but you can't order anymore.

Any places going to carry these in store? How limited are limited editions anyway?

#503 Tiako

Tiako

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

Anyway.. it still let me preorder one from bestbuy so I did.

#504 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:31 AM

Who knows how limited they are. Limited or not, I'm glad to be getting a unit. That's all I have to say.

Over the last couple years I've been really getting into some heavy gaming. This site is no help. I have this urge to buy video games when I know I will not be playing them anytime soon. It's just the factor of getting in on the deals and knowing they are in my catalog.... errr. back log!

My guess is that a regular release for this will happen. But you probably won't be able to get the bundle with Ninja Master. Looks like that was only for the Limited Edition Preorder Bundle. Shrugs. Don't know, don't care. Glad that I got a bundle for 135 (because of unused certs).

Now I hope my parent's bought their 29 year old son (aka ME) a Nintendo Wii U for x-mas.

I've been having an urge of buying a Nintendo Virtual Boy too... hmmmmm.

#505 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:39 AM

virtual boy used to make me soooo dizzy. f that thing lol
neo geo on the other hand is freakin awesome.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#506 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:01 AM

Probably going to end up returning my second one. It would be nice to keep it but I am sorta of thinking about getting a Wii U after the holidays and that is a good chunk of money to put towards one. If I kept it I would probably end up leaving it up on a shelf unopened although I could probably eventually flip it for more money later on.

#507 Tiako

Tiako

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

virtual boy used to make me soooo dizzy. f that thing lol
neo geo on the other hand is freakin awesome.

I have a virtual boy too bad I lost the battery pack :C

#508 Tiako

Tiako

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:09 AM

Probably going to end up returning my second one. It would be nice to keep it but I am sorta of thinking about getting a Wii U after the holidays and that is a good chunk of money to put towards one. If I kept it I would probably end up leaving it up on a shelf unopened although I could probably eventually flip it for more money later on.

You can prob flip it for money now.. especially if it turns out these are the only ones they were able to get out for months.

#509 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

This thing looks pretty awesome, but since I just bought a Wii U I'm holding off on this thing until more game cards are released if any more are actually released. I have my AES, Neo Geo CD, pocket color, and consolized MVS to hold me over until then.

#510 Nerdstick

Nerdstick

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

What about it? That video is borked, every up-close shot has video glitches. That's not the X doing that.