Photo
- - - - -

Neo Geo X Gold/Handheld/Joystick preorders up GS/Amazon/BB/Target/Walmart 200/130/50

• Please log in to reply
857 replies to this topic

#511 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:37 AM

Ya that vid is bad it skips alot if you watch it.

#512 TwYsTeD

TwYsTeD

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:39 AM

preordered mine just got my tracking nimber should be here tomorrow

#513 TwYsTeD

TwYsTeD

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:48 AM

Posted Image

Awesome

#514 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:49 AM

Well it says my best buy order is in process of being fulfilled, so it didn't get cancelled! Yay!

#515 TwYsTeD

TwYsTeD

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

This thing looks pretty awesome, but since I just bought a Wii U I'm holding off on this thing until more game cards are released if any more are actually released. I have my AES, Neo Geo CD, pocket color, and consolized MVS to hold me over until then.

lol you sound like me and i also have a real mvs with 1 of the 161 in 1 and the 150 in 1 carts

#516 Tiako

Tiako

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

I never understood AVS.. they cost as much as MVS.. might as well go big or go home

#517 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

Mine if due Wednesday from Amazon, with TRU joystick still on hold. I'm still a bit pissed that the bloody system has shipped, but no additional cards have been announced yet...

#518 sykotek

sykotek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

Does anyone know if GameStop stores have already received this or not? I'm wondering if I can just go in and pick up my preorder in the morning or if I'd have to wait for it to be delivered to them and a call.

Also, just saw this trailer... I'm excited. :)

#519 spiderdog

spiderdog

$59.99 for a Game no Way!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

Well so much for trying to order from Best buy again with the $100 code they gave me for my previous preorder with them, Sold Out. Went ahead and ordered from Walmart. Any one actually got one mailed in hand from Best buy.
Posted Image

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← →B A
PSN=spiderdog
XBL=Spiderdogg

#520 mrlokievil

mrlokievil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

Just got the shipping confirmation from Amazon. Hopefully it will be as cool as i'm hoping. I've been super excited since it was first announced.

Always wanted a console Neo Geo but they were always too expensive
Wii code: 5985 6698 1066 2949

PS3 username: MrLokiEvil

#521 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

I still own an original NeoGeo arcade stick still in the box maybe. I got it way back when NeoGeo CDZ came out thinking I was going to get it then, its time i finally open it up.
Looks like this
Spoiler

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#522 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

Just got the shipping confirmation from Amazon. Hopefully it will be as cool as i'm hoping. I've been super excited since it was first announced.

Always wanted a console Neo Geo but they were always too expensive

My Amazon order shipped today as well! Warning about Toys R Us: I'm reading posts on other forums that they are cancelling the joystick orders. I think they won't bother to carry any of the NGX products at all, they never had the system on their site.

Really psyched about the joysticks, they look fantastic. And of course the handheld looks to be of good quality. I really hope Tommo announces new game cards in the immediate future. I contacted them to emphasize how important it is to announce future games, to get people off the fence to order the NGX system. I also suggested they consider making tiny clamshell cases for NGX games, similar to Vita game cases. They could use original artwork on the tiny cases, making the games more collectible.

#523 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

Really psyched about the joysticks, they look fantastic. And of course the handheld looks to be of good quality. I really hope Tommo announces new game cards in the immediate future. I contacted them to emphasize how important it is to announce future games, to get people off the fence to order the NGX system. I also suggested they consider making tiny clamshell cases for NGX games, similar to Vita game cases. They could use original artwork on the tiny cases, making the games more collectible.

If the demand is there you know they are going to supply us gamer junkies. OMG imagine game cases that look exactly like the original AES cases just tiny versions :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#524 cag1000

cag1000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

Mine is processing from BB also!!!

Good job sending an email to them chimpmeister. I have an original modded NeoGeo AES but only a couple carts since they go for 100+ a pop. Making cases with art is key to this version's sucess. Collectibility is key.

#525 PikaPichu

PikaPichu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

Looks like the folks at Tommo have uploaded an unboxing vid on their official site - and it's pretty well done.

http://neogeox.com/FAQ

#526 aramsey1986

aramsey1986

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

I wanted one but no one has any in store. Called gs an the guy said it doesn't exist and another told me 2013 late. Terrible.
Posted Image

#527 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

I wanted one but no one has any in store. Called gs an the guy said it doesn't exist and another told me 2013 late. Terrible.

Its pretty much online only, if you want one just order that way. Not likely to be in stores at this time, but who knows. Check the OP for links to all sites selling it for North America.

#528 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Why does anyone want this system? Put the $200 towards a VITA.

jkam2.png

Quitter (My Band)    -    Trade List    -    Join Bing Rewards

#529 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

Why does anyone want this system? Put the $200 towards a VITA.

I can pretty much tell you that a majority of gamers that want this are much older than you. No offense just saying unless you where around at the time when arcades were everywhere you really can't appreciate how influential and fun this system was at the time.

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#530 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

I can pretty much tell you that a majority of gamers that want this are much older than you. No offense just saying unless you where around at the time when arcades were everywhere you really can't appreciate how influential and fun this system was at the time.

I was around, the system was overpriced and the only reason anyone cared about the games was because they looked better than anything at the time. There are a handful of standout titles but for the most part the games were clones of one another and don't really stand the test of time. Not to mention that most of these can be had in collections or bought through PSN, etc.

jkam2.png

#531 PikaPichu

PikaPichu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

I was around, the system was overpriced and the only reason anyone cared about the games was because they looked better than anything at the time. There are a handful of standout titles but for the most part the games were clones of one another and don't really stand the test of time. Not to mention that most of these can be had in collections or bought through PSN, etc.

Is SNK/Playmore planning to release any more titles on the NG Station? I was just looking at the wiki and it looks like roughly a year since any titles have been released. The current library there also seems a bit lacking as well. :(

#532 Nerdstick

Nerdstick

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

Have fun buying them for $7 each from PSN/Wii, then? Costs more than the handheld at that point. The X has more games than the Vita.

Cost-wise it's no comparison.
X: $130 handheld
Vita: $250 handheld
X: 20 Free games
Vita: 0-1 Game, +$40 each (new)

It's twice as expensive with almost no games.

Though a large part of it has to do with the hardware you're playing on. I don't know who wants to play NeoGeo games with a PSP D-Pad compared to the clicky stick. Plus, it being pseudo-official SNK hardware and all, especially the stick.

#533 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

Yet this is only being sold online not in stores; everything about this is being targeted directly at the fans of the system. As for the comment of "handful of standouts" can't the same be said toward Vita?

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#534 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

Have fun buying them for $7 each from PSN/Wii, then? Costs more than the handheld at that point.

Well yeah then you can buy only the ones you will actually play which is much cheaper.

The X has more games than the Vita.

Not even close to the truth. PS VITA, PSP, PS Mobile, PS Minis, PSone

Vita is more expensive but the technology is also a lot more current. Try playing Uncharted on your Neo Geo handheld.

Though a large part of it has to do with the hardware you're playing on. I don't know who wants to play NeoGeo games with a PSP D-Pad compared to the clicky stick. Plus, it being pseudo-official SNK hardware and all, especially the stick.

I used to love the neo geo pocket color with the stick...so I can agree with you there.

jkam2.png

#535 salvanipour

salvanipour

Retro CAG'er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Got my UPS tracking number from BestBuy.com. Still not showing up in UPS's system, but the fact that it's been shipped is a good sign for those who ordered from Best Buy.

#536 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Yet this is only being sold online not in stores; everything about this is being targeted directly at the fans of the system. As for the comment of "handful of standouts" can't the same be said toward Vita?

Yeah except the VITA's life-cycle has just begun.

jkam2.png

#537 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

Have fun buying them for $7 each from PSN/Wii, then? Costs more than the handheld at that point. The X has more games than the Vita.

I think what you posted is the key to why this system is desirable. The stick built into the NGX handheld, and even more, the clicky arcade stick that plugs into the docking station, which looks almost exactly like the fantastic original Neo Geo AES stick. Those two control methods are far better than what you get on the PSP or Vita; and believe me, I own multiple PSPs and Vitas, and many downloadable SNK games on both of those, and while I like them, I think this little system is going to do the games more justice.

And these games from SNK are classics; the Metal Slug series alone are among my favorite games of all time, as are the Samurai Shodown games.

#538 PikaPichu

PikaPichu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

I think what you posted is the key to why this system is desirable. The stick built into the NGX handheld, and even more, the clicky arcade stick that plugs into the docking station, which looks almost exactly like the fantastic original Neo Geo AES stick. Those two control methods are far better than what you get on the PSP or Vita; and believe me, I own multiple PSPs and Vitas, and many downloadable SNK games on both of those, and while I like them, I think this little system is going to do the games more justice.

And these games from SNK are classics; the Metal Slug series alone are among my favorite games of all time, as are the Samurai Shodown games.

I really hope they can release all the Metal Slug games before the end of the system's life cycle. (as well as Garyou, KoF 98 and the Last Blade games)

#539 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

Yeah except the VITA life-cycle has just begun.

So then its not fair to compare the two. As I said NeoGeo just isn't your thing and that's fine in the end isn't better that consoles like this come out get support and recognition they deserve. Who knows maybe in a couple years we are going to talk about the re-release of the Dreamcast in a handheld form. The point is don't be that person that rains on everyone else parade, appreciate the game for what it was.

Edited by Shimrra, 18 December 2012 - 05:36 PM.

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#540 icewolf74

icewolf74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

OMG! THIS! I always wanted a NEO GEO when I was a teen in the late-eighties and early-nineties. I had one very briefly but sold it due to being unable to afford the games. I would much rather put my money on a piece of classic gaming than on something that is newer and fails in entertainment value for me compared to when gaming was at its purest and most enjoyable back then. You cannot even compare the Vita to the NEO GEO. The Vita is nothing...and I MEAN NOTHING...compared to the greatness of the games of old.

If I had the $200 dollars, I would get this in a heart-beat. Maybe I will order around February when my financial aid comes in. lol :bouncy: