Photo
- - - - -

Neo Geo X Gold/Handheld/Joystick preorders up GS/Amazon/BB/Target/Walmart 200/130/50

• Please log in to reply
857 replies to this topic

#751 Han Solo

Han Solo

Chewy Get Us Out of Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

I have only played 4 games and it happens on all of them.

Nam 75, 3 count bout, ninja masters, and metal slug.

It only happens in 4:3 mode, not full screen
And all our claims to freedom have become these heavy chains
And in the name of rights we keep filling nameless graves

#752 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

I have only played 4 games and it happens on all of them.

Nam 75, 3 count bout, ninja masters, and metal slug.

It only happens in 4:3 mode, not full screen

The only possible explanation I can think of is that the Neo Geo hardware was originally designed to output a 304x224 resolution. A 4:3 aspect ratio is slightly wider than what the game designers originally intended for the player to see. MAME also has some graphical issues on the very edge of the screen when you play Neo Geo games in 4:3.

#753 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

320x224 resolution I think? But good point, this handheld impropery re-scales the games to 320x240, which is incorrect, and then that gets upscaled to 640x480 when docked, just passing the erroneous scaling along

#754 tcleary

tcleary

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

I saw an article somewhere that it has already been hacked. Have you guys seen that? Here's a link. I'm too lazy to
Look through this thread to check if it has been posted already

http://www.engadget....cial-game-roms/

#755 GohanX

GohanX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

I finally tried to get mine working on the TV but can not get it working through the composite cables. Not getting sound or video. Works fine through HDMI (but I dont like the way it looks) though. Any suggestions?

Have you tried using the video out on the handheld itself instead of the dock? Also, put the system in 4:3 mode before turning the system off and plugging it in, it may help.

#756 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

Have you tried using the video out on the handheld itself instead of the dock? Also, put the system in 4:3 mode before turning the system off and plugging it in, it may help.

Yes, but I got nothing from video out either. Wondering if the cable is bad? The ports on the TV work fine, and so does the HDMI.

KneeKnee.png

#757 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:00 AM

I saw an article somewhere that it has already been hacked. Have you guys seen that? Here's a link. I'm too lazy to
Look through this thread to check if it has been posted already

http://www.engadget....cial-game-roms/

Yes its already been discussed only 1 of the three known versions of the console has been hacked.

#758 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

returned my stick instore to gs. sadly too many issues with pc.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#759 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

returned my stick instore to gs. sadly too many issues with pc.

You didn't try the stick with the PS3 for any Neo Geo games? I found mine to be great for those games. Played it with Metal Slug and Samurai Shodown 2, both standalone PSN versions. Seemed to work great.

#760 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:34 AM

i dont have any stand alone neogeo psn games...it was cool with kof xiii though. the main reason i wanted it was for pc =(

You didn't try the stick with the PS3 for any Neo Geo games? I found mine to be great for those games. Played it with Metal Slug and Samurai Shodown 2, both standalone PSN versions. Seemed to work great.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#761 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

My original order from Best Buy finally just came in and to my surprise it was shipped in a bag which I thought it would not be since it was shipped a greater distance. It actually was not that badly damaged there were some pressure marks on it and a couple of ruffed up edges but that was it but it was nothing a collector would want like myself so I am glad I ordered a backup at Walmart.

#762 TheRealRizzo

TheRealRizzo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

I really did wish they would have made online capabilities for people who own the LE, but online for the system/docking station would have made sense, but I can't complain because I can never put this thing down, plus I hope the games they do release are not only first party titles..

#763 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

I hope they release Multicarts, it would suck to release one game at a time.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#764 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

Here is a good review.

needler420.png

#765 Nerdstick

Nerdstick

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

It's not a good review, nor a review at all. He skipped over the handheld entirely saying it felt too light, spent most of the entire video using the X on a worse TV, and again completely skipped over the much superior HDMI.

Obviously used exclusively as a console emulation can't beat the real hardware, but that video's nothing but bashing, until he gives it a fair chance. Definitely not a review.

#766 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

Review Seems spot on to me

#767 Anguspuss

Anguspuss

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

I got mine couple things. I do like the handheld & the set, yes having owned AES it dosent quite match up.
But it has (is Tommo/snk etc)be bothered the ability to fix some of the issues. But cost of an AES system plus the 21 games dosent come close to the bargain this pack is.

The only gripe I have is lack of backbone by Tommo/SNK to start selling games already.
Especially when we could get gunlord etc ported to it.

#768 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Here is a good review.

What a terrible review full of hyperbole. Really? The worst screen ever?

#769 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

Just about confirms my suspicions about the product. Fancy packaging, cheap inside.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#770 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

I think its a very good review while i disagree with some of his complaints about the handheld the docking station and joystick portion are spot on.

Edited by z3razerviper, 01 January 2013 - 12:54 PM.

#771 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

I holding off for few more months see any defective about this system, lol :)
"Evil is Funs"

#772 FatBoyInside

FatBoyInside

Money costs too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

My friend spotted this on clearance at Target for $140 (30% off) today ... tempting. YMMV as always, but worth mentioning.

My 61st Lowball Sale is NOW OPEN  FOR BIDS.  $1 can reward you with tons of goodies! [Ends 10/6] 

animePSP2.jpg

#773 Yars

Yars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

My friend spotted this on clearance at Target for $140 (30% off) today ... tempting. YMMV as always, but worth mentioning.

Odd, target.com lists the system as "not sold in stores." Was it an open-box return?

#774 FatBoyInside

FatBoyInside

Money costs too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

Odd, target.com lists the system as "not sold in stores."

Possibly an online item return, so I guess super YMMV. I know Target allows customers to refund online purchases in-store sometimes and just shelf them on the endcaps with a slight markdown.

My 61st Lowball Sale is NOW OPEN  FOR BIDS.  $1 can reward you with tons of goodies! [Ends 10/6] 

animePSP2.jpg

#775 Yars

Yars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

Someone from the Neo Geo X dev team is asking for feedback and suggestions over on Reddit. It looks like they're planning on eventually issuing a system update.

#776 NeoStrider

NeoStrider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

the TV had nothing to with do it, the reviewer proved it by plugging in his real Neo Geo

#777 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

FYI I read in the FAQ section of the Neo Geo X website that they plan to somehow enable game saves. They mention a "game save card", though not sure how that would work if you had a regular game card in the system (swap maybe).

On the original AES System there was a Game Save feature. Why is there not a Game Save feature on the NEOGEO X? We are currently finalising a Game Save Card for the NEOGEO X. Please watch this website for further announcements.

http://neogeox.com/FAQ

#778 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

I'm glad I held off on this. Sorry, but the fact that there is no save feature "yet" and no news on additional games even after the system has been released...no thank you.

#779 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

I'm glad I held off on this. Sorry, but the fact that there is no save feature "yet" and no news on additional games even after the system has been released...no thank you.

NO save feature is what is giving me buyers remorse. Ive played this for a total of 20 minutes..

KneeKnee.png

#780 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

Terrible, system has no future.