Photo
- - - - -

Neo Geo X Gold/Handheld/Joystick preorders up GS/Amazon/BB/Target/Walmart 200/130/50

• Please log in to reply
857 replies to this topic

#781 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

Debating whether to keep mine or not. I want to see if they actually have a firmware update, with fixes etc. Or I can get my money back and buy a real AES.

#782 foinecrewx

foinecrewx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

After watch that Youtube reveiw I have no interest of getting this system anymore......

#783 stubadub

stubadub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

I can't be the only one happy with my purchase, can I? I'm not saying there are no shortcomings but I've played mine for at least 20-30 minutes a day since I picked it up, and I see myself going to it for some time even if no more games are released. I think this thing is pretty cool, and I say that as an owner of all the contemporary home and portable systems.

#784 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

Debating whether to keep mine or not. I want to see if they actually have a firmware update, with fixes etc. Or I can get my money back and buy a real AES.

Don't buy an AES, pick up a CMVS. Much cheaper, and fully modded for all types of tweaks. Look at the Omega CMVS, that's one I'm considering.

#785 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

I can't be the only one happy with my purchase, can I? I'm not saying there are no shortcomings but I've played mine for at least 20-30 minutes a day since I picked it up, and I see myself going to it for some time even if no more games are released. I think this thing is pretty cool, and I say that as an owner of all the contemporary home and portable systems.

Plenty of people are happy with it, for what it is. I have one and have enjoyed the handheld and the arcade stick (on PS3) in particular. I do hope for fixes to the emulation (thereby probably improving HDMI out), information on additional game cards, save functions and MVS options, etc.

Certainly some aspects could have been done better, but overall I enjoy it. And the stick working on PS3 is a huge plus!

#786 LoveAndBeer

LoveAndBeer

AKA: jstew9

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

Held an "Online Return" box in my hands at Target today, was marked down to $140. Picked it up and put it down about 3 times, all while my wife waited patiently.

Ended up not purchasing the system after reading this thread on the phone. Seems to be a lot of potential issues/concerns.

Although I'll be honest, if it had been $100 I probably would have risked it, something about that extra $40 just help me back from jumping over the impulse edge.

Still, anyone in Lexington, KY -- the Hamburg Target has one box in the video game clearance section of the store for $140.
The battle's done, and we kind of won, so we sound our victory cheer

#787 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

Online return is RARE. If i can spot 1 at my local store around $100 i'll pick it up w/o any question. Still waiting for more update & more games ;)
"Evil is Funs"

#788 erehwon

erehwon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

Online return is RARE. If i can spot 1 at my local store around $100 i'll pick it up w/o any question. Still waiting for more update & more games ;)

I had two of those at my nearest store. Three controllers for around $12. I picked one of those up for use on the pc. Do the online return items get marked down like clearance?

#789 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:36 AM

I had two of those at my nearest store. Three controllers for around $12. I picked one of those up for use on the pc. Do the online return items get marked down like clearance?

Sticks are a great deal at around $12, I use mine with my PS3 Neo Geo Station games and it works great. Haven't used it on PC yet.

#790 putney

putney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Usually not, the online/as-is tagged items tend to stay at the same price. Which is why I jumped on an online return console for $140 the day after Christmas ;)

#791 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

What I don't get is why people would spend $199.99 on this when for the same price you can get a real neo-geo if you know where to look.

Granted the games can start running a pretty penny but when you factor everything the real version is the way to go. Even if you had to add some money the real version is the way to go.

I just learned you can't save you're game. I'm just kind of speechless to that. I really don't know what to say other then I think this is the worst clone console i've yet to see. Reminds me of ATgames Sega clones. The emulated music is out of sync and all screwed up.

needler420.png

#792 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

It had so much potential. :cry:

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#793 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

What I don't get is why people would spend $199.99 on this when for the same price you can get a real neo-geo if you know where to look.

Granted the games can start running a pretty penny but when you factor everything the real version is the way to go. Even if you had to add some money the real version is the way to go.

I just learned you can't save you're game. I'm just kind of speechless to that. I really don't know what to say other then I think this is the worst clone console i've yet to see. Reminds me of ATgames Sega clones. The emulated music is out of sync and all screwed up.

The newest at games sega portable is nice not perfect but the pricepoint is much more resonable.

#794 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

The newest at games sega portable is nice not perfect but the pricepoint is much more resonable.

The only problem I have with that is that handheld gets good reviews just based on it having a SD slot so people can pirate roms.

If I was going to pirate roms I would just do it on my PC or if I wanted it to be portable mod my PSP.

I don't own any clone consoles as I'm not a fan of them but I know all about them.

needler420.png

#795 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

The only problem I have with that is that handheld gets good reviews just based on it having a SD slot so people can pirate roms.

If I was going to pirate roms I would just do it on my PC or if I wanted it to be portable mod my PSP.

I don't own any clone consoles as I'm not a fan of them but I know all about them.

I will give you that but thats not the only reason it comes with 40 real genesis games my 5 year old loves it plus its small and fits his hands.. :)

#796 ddp72984

ddp72984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:06 AM

Held an "Online Return" box in my hands at Target today, was marked down to $140. Picked it up and put it down about 3 times, all while my wife waited patiently.

Ended up not purchasing the system after reading this thread on the phone. Seems to be a lot of potential issues/concerns.

Although I'll be honest, if it had been $100 I probably would have risked it, something about that extra $40 just help me back from jumping over the impulse edge.

Still, anyone in Lexington, KY -- the Hamburg Target has one box in the video game clearance section of the store for $140.

Was this a clearance price only or drop? I actually got mine from target so maybe hoping for a price match...

#797 SMBScooby

SMBScooby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:16 AM

Are they hard to find?

#798 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

Nope, you're not the only one! And just like you, even if there are no more games released (though it'd be nice), I can see myself still using it for some time. I'm an arcade joystick collector & I enjoy this arcade stick very much although it's very light (compared to sticks nowadays) but then again this is an exact 1:1 replica of the original (with a somewhat similar Seimitsu LS-32 style joystick lever). Overall, it's not perfect but I'm more than happy with my purchase.
- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#799 havuk

havuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

Was this a clearance price only or drop? I actually got mine from target so maybe hoping for a price match...

it was an online return as mentioned in that post ..

#800 LoveAndBeer

LoveAndBeer

AKA: jstew9

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

It was an online return which they placed in the clearance section, specifically said Online Return on the tag, so not a store level price drop.

I see the Player One Podcast has the Neo Geo X as a show topic this week, hope they don't make me regret putting it back on the shelf, I REALLY like the idea of this product.
The battle's done, and we kind of won, so we sound our victory cheer

#801 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

Nope, you're not the only one! And just like you, even if there are no more games released (though it'd be nice), I can see myself still using it for some time. I'm an arcade joystick collector & I enjoy this arcade stick very much although it's very light (compared to sticks nowadays) but then again this is an exact 1:1 replica of the original (with a somewhat similar Seimitsu LS-32 style joystick lever). Overall, it's not perfect but I'm more than happy with my purchase.

I agree, and I think the arcade stick is one of the best (if not THE best) parts of this bundle. I use my arcade stick with my Neo Geo Station games on PS3 and it works great (I even bought two extra ones). The handheld isn't bad either, though I do hope the emulation can be fixed and more games will be released. The clicky stick on the handheld is great for these games.

#802 dan13l858

dan13l858

R.I.P. Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

I've been a big Neo Geo fan for years. I own a AES, MVS cabinet, NG CD and a pocket. It was never an issue for me purchasing the X. I like it. It's looks pretty cool and the screen looks amazing.

#803 dan13l858

dan13l858

R.I.P. Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

It was an online return which they placed in the clearance section, specifically said Online Return on the tag, so not a store level price drop.

I see the Player One Podcast has the Neo Geo X as a show topic this week, hope they don't make me regret putting it back on the shelf, I REALLY like the idea of this product.

Knowing how rare Neo geo systems are, It probably was a mistake to put it back.

#804 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Knowing how rare Neo geo systems are, It probably was a mistake to put it back.

Neo Geo systems aren't rare and this is not a "Neo Geo system", it's a Neo Geo branded and licensed system from Tommo/Blaze. I can't believe after how badly this system performed at the very thing it was most hyped to do (i.e. provide perfect emulation outputted to a television) that people are still defending it.

#805 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:19 AM

Well, as much as I want to crack this box open and see if I received a lucky 337, I'm about to throw this in a box and ship it back to Amazon. Two things REALLY irk me:
1) No inherent save feature? With a possible save card as an after thought? Right.
2) No game list yet? We're nearly a month in! Market research should have been conducted MONTHS ago. And besides, they should already know which Neo Geo games are popular.

At least I think I'll keep the extra stick I ordered for PC/PS3...

#806 dan13l858

dan13l858

R.I.P. Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

Neo Geo systems aren't rare and this is not a "Neo Geo system", it's a Neo Geo branded and licensed system from Tommo/Blaze. I can't believe after how badly this system performed at the very thing it was most hyped to do (i.e. provide perfect emulation outputted to a television) that people are still defending it.

AES systems aren't easy to find in the wild that much. When they're located they can sell for up to 200 dollars and up. Neo Geo X is still a pretty cool system to play with.

#807 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

Just got an email from VideoGamesPlus.ca saying these LE consoles are in stock now... $250 CAD though.

https://www.videogam...words=NEO GEO X

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Sorcery Saga, :3ds: N/A, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#808 paperkut

paperkut

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

Just saw this:
NeoGeo X’s Production Is Coming to an End
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=336850

#809 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Will be looking for one now since it will be discontinued and maybe be found cheaper.

#810 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

Just saw this:
NeoGeo X’s Production Is Coming to an End
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=336850

Thread gone :o