Photo
- - - - -

Neo Geo X Gold/Handheld/Joystick preorders up GS/Amazon/BB/Target/Walmart 200/130/50

• Please log in to reply
857 replies to this topic

#811 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

http://kotaku.com/59...oming-to-an-end

For people wanting to read it. I think this is really just halt to production of the limited editions or this is only impacting Japan. Also I would like to add that the manufacturer on their Neo Geo X facebook page has posted this on the rumor: "We will have an official response shortly - there's nothing to worry about.". So I believe it is not true for other regions.

#812 paperkut

paperkut

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

Thread gone :o

Strange ... here are the source links:

http://kotaku.com/59...oming-to-an-end

http://www.siliconer...e-still-coming/

#813 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Theere's a comment on the Kotaku article that says illegal stuff was found in the system, including a PlayStation 1 bios. I wonder if that really has to do with halting production.

#814 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

So production is stopping and there is STILL no game list for cards huh? Didn't think they were ever going to come out...looks like that's about right.

#815 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

Still haven't opened mine. Debating whether I should return it.

Amazon still has at least 999 of them. Can't imagine it being that popular and I'm sure at this point they're going to drop the price. Decisions.
-Michael

Posted Image

#816 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

The best part of this whole bundle was, in my opinion, the replica AES joystick. Lighter than the original, but still with the trademark clicky microswitches. And it works on the PS3 for Neo Geo Station games since its USB.

I think its a bit odd that Tommo/Blaze have not announced any future game cards for the handheld. I'm wondering if any will ever come out really.

For people who are considering a handheld, take a look at the GCW Zero on Kickstarter; it might be a better option. Although I will say the little clicky joystick on the NGX handheld is excellent, and I wish the GCW Zero had adopted it.

#817 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

Still haven't opened mine. Debating whether I should return it.

Amazon still has at least 999 of them. Can't imagine it being that popular and I'm sure at this point they're going to drop the price. Decisions.

Well I just returned mine to Amazon with absolutely no regrets. I'm just going to wait for something better to come along or a price drop (unless they're recalled, and if so, too bad).

To be perfectly honest, all this nonsense of a vestigial PSX bios, no confirmed game list, and the sudden end of hardware production does not bode well for the system.

I think I'll keep the controller I got from TRU though, for PS3 and PC usage.

#818 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

For people who are considering a handheld, take a look at the GCW Zero on Kickstarter; it might be a better option. Although I will say the little clicky joystick on the NGX handheld is excellent, and I wish the GCW Zero had adopted it.

Wow did not even know about this I sort of stopped looking at Kickstarter after spending a tad too much on there. Wish I knew about it a bit earlier might of put some money in for one but since I have too much stuff preordered at the moment going to wait on this and also my Xperia Play is just as well to let me emulate games on the go but I got a feeling the emulators on this will be more optimized. When they start selling these doubt they will be much above the price point that is on Kickstarter. B

Edited by Sion, 24 January 2013 - 05:09 AM.

#819 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

http://www.funstock....-in-production/

Despite recent “rumours”, the NeoGeo X IS still in production AND there’s more games and updates coming!

For those of you who haven’t got yours yet:
You can still pre-order the NeoGeo X here: http://www.funstock.co.uk/neo-geo-x.

We are expecting a batch of stock next week – the only way to guarantee you get one is to pre-order (as almost all of this stock is now allocated). We had a lot of emails when the console first launched from people who “waited until it was out” and ended up not getting one at all. If you have any questions, please visit our support center here: http://www.funstock....contact-us.html

For those of you who have got yours:
It is now certain that there will be more games and updates for the NeoGeo X!

In an official statement from manufacturers Tommo quoted:
There has been a recent rumor about the end of the production of the NEOGEO X System. This rumor is incorrect. Tommo will be continuing to support the NEOGEO X format going forward with more games, peripherals and software updates, as well as more units of the console hardware. The NEOGEO X Gold System Limited Edition Collection Series that includes Ninja Masters, was always planned to be a limited edition product. We are currently manufacturing our final run of this Limited Edition Collection Series and our distributors worldwide expect to have the final stock in April. Given the popularity of the NEOGEO X format, we don’t expect this stock to last long.

We are absolutely delighted with how the NEOGEO X has performed so far, and are incredibly grateful for the support of gamers and we are looking forward to continuing the development of this game platform.

Overall, a great day all around for everybody – if you haven’t got one yet, now’s your chance and if you have, expect more games and updates soon!

Pre-order the NeoGeo X here: http://www.funstock.co.uk/neo-geo-x

KneeKnee.png

#820 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Thats good news. I suspected it was just the production stop of the LEs.

Now to more games!

#821 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

Tommo's releasing 5 additional game cards each with 3 games. Volume I has METAL SLUG, SENGOKU & TOP HUNTER. Also includes the "Rocket" high-speed data transfer & charging cable with the game card. System update v1.0 will be included as well. Expect more info soon. Available in April along with a travel case (sold separately).

Full listing of the 15 titles for Classics Volume I-V:

• ART OF FIGHTING 3
  • BLAZING STAR
  • BREAKERS REVENGE
  • FATAL FURY: MARK OF THE WOLVES
  • KIZUNA ENCOUNTER
  • THE KING OF FIGHTERS '96
  • THE LAST BLADE 2
  • METAL SLUG 2
  • SAMURAI SHODOWN 3
  • SAVAGE REIGN
  • SENGOKU
  • SHOCK TROOPERS
  • SUPER SIDEKICKS 3 - THE NEXT GLORY
  • TOP HUNTER
  • WORLD HEROES JET
From here:

http://www.engadget....case-and-cable/

On a side note, I've had this since launch day & from the 21-games (limited edition Gold bundle) to the awesome replica arcade stick (I'm an avid arcade joystick collector) I absolutely love it! Sure, the color reproduction isn't as good as the original but you'd have to have it side-by-side with the OG (with 2 TV's of course) to notice like that YouTube vid. I hear some have reported screen tearing but my TV doesn't exhibit this issue. My only other complaint (I'm being picky here since I rarely use the portable console by itself) is that the viewing angle on it isn't that great. Overall, for $250 (with a 2nd stick) I don't regret the purchase at all & would do it again. FWIW, the Exar Neo Geo stick 2 (same design pretty much but additional buttons for the PS3) went for $70 - $100 when it was available. Example:

http://www.japanvide...60289420211.htm

Edited by Nucking Futs!, 22 February 2013 - 05:47 AM.

- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#822 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:29 AM

Last Blade 2 AND Mark of the Wolves on one card?

Yes, please.

Seriously, Samurai Shodown 2 is my favorite game ever, but those other 2 are the highest of quality fighters. Now, we just need Samurai Shodown RPG!!!

KneeKnee.png

#823 h8b1llg8ts

h8b1llg8ts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:52 AM

What's with people releasing info and leaving out the most important part?

PRICE!!!

#824 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Tommo's releasing 5 additional game cards each with 3 games. Volume I has METAL SLUG, SENGOKU & TOP HUNTER. Also includes the "Rocket" high-speed data transfer & charging cable with the game card. System update v1.0 will be included as well. Expect more info soon. Available in April along with a travel case (sold separately).

Full listing of the 15 titles for Classics Volume I-V:

• ART OF FIGHTING 3
  • BLAZING STAR
  • BREAKERS REVENGE
  • FATAL FURY: MARK OF THE WOLVES
  • KIZUNA ENCOUNTER
  • THE KING OF FIGHTERS '96
  • THE LAST BLADE 2
  • METAL SLUG 2
  • SAMURAI SHODOWN 3
  • SAVAGE REIGN
  • SENGOKU
  • SHOCK TROOPERS
  • SUPER SIDEKICKS 3 - THE NEXT GLORY
  • TOP HUNTER
  • WORLD HEROES JET
From here:

http://www.engadget....case-and-cable/

On a side note, I've had this since launch day & from the 21-games (limited edition Gold bundle) to the awesome replica arcade stick (I'm an avid arcade joystick collector) I absolutely love it! Sure, the color reproduction isn't as good as the original but you'd have to have it side-by-side with the OG (with 2 TV's of course) to notice like that YouTube vid. I hear some have reported screen tearing but my TV doesn't exhibit this issue. My only other complaint (I'm being picky here since I rarely use the portable console by itself) is that the viewing angle on it isn't that great. Overall, for $250 (with a 2nd stick) I don't regret the purchase at all & would do it again. FWIW, the Exar Neo Geo stick 2 (same design pretty much but additional buttons for the PS3) went for $70 - $100 when it was available. Example:

http://www.japanvide...60289420211.htm

Thanks for the update, I just saw this info today elsewhere. On a side note, the press release talks about a "system update" that MAY (just a guess) fix some of the issues with the NGX, like screen tearing and slight resolution mismatches. Here's a quote from the press release:

As part of Tommo's continued support and development of the NEOGEO X and having, most importantly, listened to customer feedback, Tommo will also be including NEOGEO X System Update 1.0 with NEOGEO X Classics: Volume I. More details on the NEOGEO X System Update 1.0 will be released in the weeks to come. And because the fans asked for it, a NEOGEO X Travel Case is also in development, and is scheduled for release in April 2013.

Press release:

http://www.develop-o...tainment-system

#825 Banana Peel Assassin

Banana Peel Assassin

RIP Arcade Infinity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

Last Blade 2 alone makes me hype for this...now if they decide to release Waku Waku 7 I'd shat myself.

- StayFree( ' 3')

store coming soon (sample: 1 2 3)

12/5

#826 h8b1llg8ts

h8b1llg8ts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

Last Blade 2 alone makes me hype for this...now if they decide to release Waku Waku 7 I'd shat myself.

One of my favorite fighters on the Sega Saturn. Tesse stage music would be worth the price alone.

#827 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

Thanks for the update, I just saw this info today elsewhere. On a side note, the press release talks about a "system update" that MAY (just a guess) fix some of the issues with the NGX, like screen tearing and slight resolution mismatches. Here's a quote from the press release:

Press release:

http://www.develop-o...tainment-system

No prob! Yeah, the full PR (including the section you quoted) is in the original link I attached if you click on the "Show full PR text" option.
- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#828 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

Amazon has the Neo Geo X classics Vol. 1-5 listed for preorder @$24.99/each with a release date of April 25th

#829 paperkut

paperkut

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

Noticed that Amazon and BestBuy has lowered their prices for the Gold Limited Edition to $150

#830 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

Grabbed one of these at Target as an online return for under $100. Still seems like too much :(

#831 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

Noticed that Amazon and BestBuy has lowered their prices for the Gold Limited Edition to $150

Think BestBuy has it marked down due to their clearance sale today. The arcade stick is also on sale for $36.99.

#832 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

I'm definitely down for whichever card includes Blazing Star. I just wish Pulstar was on that list as well.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#833 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:59 AM

Think BestBuy has it marked down due to their clearance sale today. The arcade stick is also on sale for $36.99.

$37 is a great deal for the NGX arcade stick (I bought two extras myself). It's a nice USB reproduction of the original stick. I've used mine for PS3 Neo Geo Station games and it works great.

The system for $150, well I still think that's worth it. The stick is great, the handheld is OK (best thing about it is the clicky stick on it), the dock is not as great in terms of output. Overall still worth it IMO.

#834 gmsick

gmsick

SAY IT WITH YA CHEST

• Silenced

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

Just picked up a mint mvs 4 slot with 3 games from a guy on craigslist for $300. I decided to get I t after reading the polerizing reviews for the xgold.

#835 bsesb2003

bsesb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

Thanks -- looking for another stick.

Overall, I still think it's a pretty neat system. If they fix the low rez game select screens, that'd be cool. I have a consolized MVS, but this is a nice alternative IMHO to spending that kind of money.
[cp][/cp]

#836 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:56 PM

Amazon has the five separate packs listed for $24.99. They also have all 15 additional games available in a single pack for $79.99. They're to be released on June 6.

According to Tiny Cart each cart comes includes the first system update that addresses some of the complaints about the quality of the emulation, including save states. They also include a charge cable for charging on the go.

#837 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

I might get that single game pack for $80.

#838 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

Yeah, that mega pack looks pretty good.

#839 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

Looks like they used a replica AES snaplock case for the mega pack, pretty cool. When the NGX thing started I emailed them and suggested that they consider releasing future games in tiny clamshell cases like the vita cases, with AES style artwork on those as well. Looks like they did something like that, although I can't tell how large that mega pack case will actually be (unlikely to be full size since the SD card is so tiny!).

The other 5 packs look like they could be regular boxes. We'll see what happens!

#840 OldSchoolGaming4Life

OldSchoolGaming4Life

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:11 AM

• Game card includes firmware update that includes game save functionality, improved tv apect ratio compatibility, improved sound quality and more!
  • Package includes the high-speed "Rocket Cable" that can be used to upgrade the firmware as well as charge the NEOGEO X without the NEOGEO X Station!
:D :applause:\\:D/:bow: