Photo
- - - - -

Neo Geo X Gold/Handheld/Joystick preorders up GS/Amazon/BB/Target/Walmart 200/130/50

• Please log in to reply
857 replies to this topic

#841 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:36 AM

I like how the single pack says "Mega Pack: Volume 1". Makes you think they have plans for the future. I might have to pick this system up one day when I have the cash.

I need a new signature.

#842 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

If they turn a profit, I don't see why they wouldn't make a volume 2. There are still more Neo Geo games they could put out.

• Game card includes firmware update that includes game save functionality, improved tv apect ratio compatibility, improved sound quality and more!
  • Package includes the high-speed "Rocket Cable" that can be used to upgrade the firmware as well as charge the NEOGEO X without the NEOGEO X Station!
:D :applause:\\:D/:bow:

Wow, those are some substantial improvements. Really makes these packs worthwhile.

#843 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

• Game card includes firmware update that includes game save functionality, improved tv apect ratio compatibility, improved sound quality and more!
  • Package includes the high-speed "Rocket Cable" that can be used to upgrade the firmware as well as charge the NEOGEO X without the NEOGEO X Station!
:D :applause:\\:D/:bow:

That is awesome. I'll have to pick up one of these packs when they go on sale.

Currently Playing -   :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut

Recently Completed -    :pc: Dark Souls PTD (Replay) 7/4  :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin 7/7   :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn 7/12   :pc: Divinity II: Ego Draconis 7/23

#844 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

I can't believe people are actually considering paying for this pack simply because it comes with a "fix" that they should be sending out to consumers for free. This is basically an admission that the unit was defective to begin with and now they want you to pay for the fix. Totally unacceptable.

#845 zaxxon2000

zaxxon2000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

Considering the system just went for $99. $80? -- not this time. They got me for $199.99 when it was released.
Overpriced by about $50. $29.99 for the set sounds about right.
I'll wait this time.

#846 Megafrog

Megafrog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

I would not hold my breath waiting on additional games coming out for this. I just went out to the Neo Geo X website and they have removed all mention of upcoming releases. Very disappointing.

#847 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

I can't believe people are actually considering paying for this pack simply because it comes with a "fix" that they should be sending out to consumers for free. This is basically an admission that the unit was defective to begin with and now they want you to pay for the fix. Totally unacceptable.

That "update" was listed as part of the first single pack, so unless that plan changed, I suspect all packs will have the update. Sucks you need to buy something to get it, but considering most people bought this to use with something in the future, I don't see the serious problem. Not like this is a product meant for many people.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#848 OldSchoolGaming4Life

OldSchoolGaming4Life

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

Games first then for the software updates. that said, FOR ME the price on this does seem a bit steep for my tastes. personally i'd rather pay maybe $30.. maybe even $40, for the ENTIRE set of 15 games and high-speed rocket cable combo.

Not because the games are bad (nowhere even close) but because companies like Sega have spoiled me with compilations like Sonic Mega Collection, Sonic Gems Collection and Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection and for their starting out prices when they were initially released ($30 MSRP for a collection of 49 Genesis games remastered in SUGC) were amazing! :D.

In that reguard $80 is.. well.. kinda pricey. i want this but i do NOT want to pay $80. here's to hoping the complete set goes on sale soon after they are released! :pray:.

Also on a side note.. are there any full body screen protectors for this thing?. i can't seem to find one specifically made for this handheld. fingerprint magnet and is bound to get nasty looking and possibly damaged without protection! :cry:.

#849 h8b1llg8ts

h8b1llg8ts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:58 AM

Just found a PS Vita Travel Case, for $6, that fits nicely and even has extra game slots for those future games shown on Amazon for release on June 6th.

Now Amazon shows the 25th but the neogeox website isn't even coming up anymore.

Is this it? Dead system?

There FB says their website is down but for 4 days?

#850 Shadow Enz

Shadow Enz

Shadow of a ghost

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:53 AM

Pre Ordered the Mega Pack. If no one supports these initial prices, the system flops and other games won't release for it.

Someone's gotta swallow the pill. I'll lead by example.

Also:

I would not hold my breath waiting on additional games coming out for this. I just went out to the Neo Geo X website and they have removed all mention of upcoming releases. Very disappointing.

Just saw this on their site FAQ section (6/2/2013):

What is the plan on allowing customers to play additional NEOGEO games beyond the 20 included?
Please check this website for the latest information. The plan is to release other games that will be exclusive to the NEOGEO X format.

Seems exacatly the same as I remember it last I visited their site.

Edited by ShadowNYC, 02 June 2013 - 11:04 AM.

The path to hell lies between my fists, and your soul... Shun Goku Satsu!

You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive.

Posted Image

#851 Megafrog

Megafrog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

Pre Ordered the Mega Pack. If no one supports these initial prices, the system flops and other games won't release for it.

Someone's gotta swallow the pill. I'll lead by example.

Also:

Just saw this on their site FAQ section (6/2/2013):

Seems exacatly the same as I remember it last I visited their site.

Previously they listed out the upcoming games on the games tab. That is gone.

#852 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

Previously they listed out the upcoming games on the games tab. That is gone.

I checked the site often and never saw anything specific about future games under the category "game cards". They do have all the bundled games from launch listed under "games", maybe that's what you were thinking? Not saying it didn't happen, but I kind of doubt it.

EDIT: Checked some cached web archives for neogeox.com, one from 5/20 and one from 4/30. No mention of any future games under "games" or "game cards".

Edited by chimpmeister, 03 June 2013 - 02:42 PM.

#853 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:28 AM

I'm disappointed, but not surprised. Keep hoping they'll come through but this doesn't look good.

#854 Shadow Enz

Shadow Enz

Shadow of a ghost

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:49 AM

There definitely was no mention of these games in the "Game Cards" tab from anytime I visited since this handheld was announced. It was always only mentioned in the FAQ, with Ninja Masters being the only game card in the "Game Cards" section.

Perhaps you're mistaken?
The path to hell lies between my fists, and your soul... Shun Goku Satsu!

You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive.

Posted Image

#855 sykotek

sykotek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:40 PM

I just received an item shipped notice from Amazon for my preordered Mega Pack Volume 1.

#856 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:14 AM

I just received an item shipped notice from Amazon for my preordered Mega Pack Volume 1.

Please let us know what you think when you receive your order; I've held off for the time being, but may consider picking one or all of these up!

#857 sykotek

sykotek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

@chimpmeister: I received it earlier today actually, before you posted, but I was at work.  It arrived in a bubble mailer, but I just opened it and it is in very good condition.  It comes as an AES-style package placed inside a Neo Geo-sticker sealed clear plastic folded sleeve or box.  I received notice on the 27th, so ...2 days with Prime.

#858 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:31 AM

I received it yesterday in a bubble mailer with no issues as well. My thoughts...

Here's the list of upgrades for the firmware 500 update (from their official website):

- Game saves now available on almost every game (except Ninja Master's)
- Improved sound quality
- Responsiveness of arcade stick
- Aspect ratio preference saved
- Load bar of actual data has been improved
- Video output adjusted to full size of most TV's
- Game selection menu has been adjusted with a, "one click, one move" interface

I haven't used it long enough (~2-hours) to notice a difference with the improved responsiveness of the arcade stick & improved sound. Otherwise, I can confirm all the other improvements are there. I had an issue with the update (stopped halfway thru the process) so after 20-mins, I just unplugged the rocket cable FROM BOTH THE AC ADAPTER & NEO GEO X PORTABLE CONSOLE then restarted from step 1 & all was well. You have to unplug from both ends of the rocket cable (to reset the module) to restart the process (even says so on their official website) so keep that in mind if you're having issues.

Comes in a case (same 1:1 size!) that resembles a Neo Geo AES-style cart case. That case's in a clear sleeve (with a sealed Neo Geo sticker). Inside the case, there's an area to store the Neo Geo X portable console. Also, the manual includes a brief description of each game in addition to stickers for all of them. As for the included games, what can I say besides pure retro bliss! My only complaint is that I wish the firmware was available online as in, you shouldn't have to buy anything just for a firmware update. I was planning on buying this Mega Pack regardless but you get my point. I'll update this review if need be as I use it more.

On a side note, I tried using the Exar Neo Geo Pad (designed for the PS3 & looks just like the Neo Geo CD pad besides having 6 face buttons with 2 shoulder buttons) on the console dock but it didn't work.

NeoGeoXpic1_zps5a0abff0.jpg

NeoGeoXpic2_zpsc0b71222.jpg

CAM00103_zps2e90de6f.jpg

CAM00104_zps1f7bd988.jpg

- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!