Photo
- - - - -

Neo Geo X Gold/Handheld/Joystick preorders up GS/Amazon/BB/Target/Walmart 200/130/50

• Please log in to reply
857 replies to this topic

#211 ddp72984

ddp72984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

Amazons out again....dammit

#212 cybersp78

cybersp78

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

Back in stock at Amazon.

#213 PikaPichu

PikaPichu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

Was just about to report it back in stock. In for one and an extra joystick as well.

#214 Lynn Kyle

Lynn Kyle

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

Went ahead and pre-ordered at GameStop.

#215 zaxxon2000

zaxxon2000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

Anyone notice the release date at GS now shows the 18th of December?

#216 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

Wow seems like Gamestop ran out of preorders for this. Was so pissed that I waited to just now to order but luckily Best Buy has some on their website you can still order. Just to give ppl a heads-up if they still need to preorder this as well.

#217 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

Wow seems like Gamestop ran out of preorders for this. Was so pissed that I waited to just now to order but luckily Best Buy has some on their website you can still order. Just to give ppl a heads-up if they still need to preorder this as well.

Wow I'm shocked. I figured Gamestop would just keep offering this up till launch at least. And I never saw this available at Best Buy until today, although I did read that BB would be offering it.

BB link:

http://www.bestbuy.c...eogeo&cp=1&lp=1

Also, I got an email today from Amazon saying the order was delayed, estimated arrival is 12/24/12 (Christmas eve!), whereas this was supposed to release 12/6/12. I can wait; hopefully the delay means they're tweaking the Neo Geo X software.

#218 paperkut

paperkut

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

Target Pre-Order is live

System
http://www.target.co...eo/-/A-14310320

Joystick
http://www.target.co...eo/-/A-14310321

Dec 18th estimate

#219 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

The initial batch seems to have sold out on Amazon which might be a good sign. I'm waiting to see how support for the system goes and will wait for more game carts aside from Ninja Masters to be produced. I have most of the pre-downloaded games already. If it ends up really limited then more games won't be made available for it anyway so I'm not worried about preordering.

#220 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

Target Pre-Order is live

System
http://www.target.co...eo/-/A-14310320

Joystick
http://www.target.co...eo/-/A-14310321

Dec 18th estimate

Thanks for the info! Will update OP.

#221 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

I'm not sure i get the point of this. Does it actually play the old carts? Or is it basically a rom player than plugs in to the TV? If that's the case...I can't really justify myself spending $200 on it.

#222 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

The initial batch seems to have sold out on Amazon which might be a good sign. I'm waiting to see how support for the system goes and will wait for more game carts aside from Ninja Masters to be produced. I have most of the pre-downloaded games already.

Not a bad idea; they really need to talk about future game cards for this system. And we still don't know much about the emulation features available.

If they were able to get some of the recent unofficial Neo Geo games out on cards for this, like Gun lord, it would really push sales if the system!

#223 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

I'm not sure i get the point of this. Does it actually play the old carts? Or is it basically a rom player than plugs in to the TV? If that's the case...I can't really justify myself spending $200 on it.

It doesn't play original AES or MVS cartridges; just emulation. But with HDMI output and a replica Neo Geo AES stick, and the portable system, it does have some advantages.

EDIT: Updated OP with new links for Best Buy and Target, and new release date (12/18/12).

Edited by chimpmeister, 28 November 2012 - 06:52 PM.

#224 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

Is this next gen? :P

#225 h8b1llg8ts

h8b1llg8ts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

Mine is now showing Dec 10th instead of the 6th.

Better for me due to shortness of funds but still ...

Making Love To You Was Never Second Best ...
sig.gif

Second best website to CAG: www.consolecolors.com

#226 FatherChesz

FatherChesz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

With multiple games going "out of stock" this year before their release, like Halo 4, Blops 2, and even the Wii U hardware only to be readily available upon launch date or shortly thereafter, I can only hope the same thing will happen with this system. Mostly because I really shouldn't spend any more money on games this year.

#227 themon

themon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

Not trying to troll or threadcrap, but what really is the point of this if its basically an emulation machine. Are they going to be making new releases? Or just offer the existing neo geo library?

#228 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

Not trying to troll or threadcrap, but what really is the point of this if its basically an emulation machine. Are they going to be making new releases? Or just offer the existing neo geo library?

Not trying to come off rude in any way with my response. But honestly, who knows and who cares?

Until an official announcement is made I don't think we will know the answer for sure.

I'm sure some people who never opted into a Neo Geo system when they were younger will probably pick this device up, myself included, just for the retro aspect of the gameplay/device.

If they released the entire existing library, I'm fine with it. I never played too many of those titles. And even if there are easier ways to play the roms, I'd rather have a handheld device like this to load up the games and carry around with me.

Either way, I'm going to grab one of these.

I thought I read that Toy's r Us was going to carry this unit for presale?!? I can't seem to find it anywhere on their website and I have a 100 dollar giftcard burning a hole in my pocket.

Does anybody know if TRU is carrying this?

#229 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

I thought I read that Toy's r Us was going to carry this unit for presale?!? I can't seem to find it anywhere on their website and I have a 100 dollar giftcard burning a hole in my pocket.

Does anybody know if TRU is carrying this?

Toys R Us is listed on the neogeox.com website as one of the distributors (and WalMart too), but neither of those companies have added the Neo Geo X to their websites. Here is the "Where to Buy" page:

http://neogeox.com/buy

You should probably just keep checking the TRU website, they should put this up eventually.

#230 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

Target still has the Gold system and the joystick available for pre-order!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#231 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:08 AM

Toys R Us is listed on the neogeox.com website as one of the distributors (and WalMart too), but neither of those companies have added the Neo Geo X to their websites. Here is the "Where to Buy" page:

http://neogeox.com/buy

You should probably just keep checking the TRU website, they should put this up eventually.

It really does not seem they have been updating the where to buy page because I looked there last night after I saw Gamestop was sold out to see if I could find another place selling. After I looked through those links on the page all the stores were either soldout or not listing it and it was not till this morning that I decided to search for it on Best Buy which is not listed on their links page and there it was right after hitting search for neogeo x.

Oh and also last night Target did not have it in stock either but they do now.

#232 TheNeck

TheNeck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

i hate being a gamer ;)

i'm so tempted to get one of these, even though i don't have the money, especially after getting a wii u for the kids for xmas.

#233 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

My Gold bundle from Amazon shows an ETA of 12/10/12, but I'm just not sure if I should keep it... I'm just concerned since they have yet to announce more game cards, or if there will be another chance to buy a docking station. I really wish they'd at least drop some more info before it goes live.

#234 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:58 AM

My Gold bundle from Amazon shows an ETA of 12/10/12, but I'm just not sure if I should keep it... I'm just concerned since they have yet to announce more game cards, or if there will be another chance to buy a docking station. I really wish they'd at least drop some more info before it goes live.

I'm in the same boat. I wonder why they haven't given us more info on availability of games after purchase.

#235 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:16 AM

I mainly went ahead and ordered the gold edition in case the system ends up being a flop and they have a short production run. I really hope these do turn out to be a success and they bring back more classic titles for the system and that they are at decent prices. I am little skeptical on how well these will do because I really only see people who grew up with the system actually spending the money on these at these prices. Pretty sure a kid who has never even heard of the Neo Geo will pick this system up over a 3DS or Vita unless they are really spoiled or have respect for games before their time. I will be happy no matter what the turnout is for this system just knowing I was able to get my hands on one is enough to keep me happy.

#236 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

I mainly went ahead and ordered the gold edition in case the system ends up being a flop and they have a short production run. I really hope these do turn out to be a success and they bring back more classic titles for the system and that they are at decent prices. I am little skeptical on how well these will do because I really only see people who grew up with the system actually spending the money on these at these prices. Pretty sure a kid who has never even heard of the Neo Geo will pick this system up over a 3DS or Vita unless they are really spoiled or have respect for games before their time. I will be happy no matter what the turnout is for this system just knowing I was able to get my hands on one is enough to keep me happy.

Yeah, I hope these do well and stick around for a while. After buying a Wii U, a handful of games, a new laptop, and Xmas shopping I'm a bit tapped out at the moment, but I'd love to eventually pick one up. Especially if they start regularly publishing old classics!

#237 havuk

havuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

just got an email from amazon about the release date, they are now saying 12/24...

#238 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

just got an email from amazon about the release date, they are now saying 12/24...

I got that email too; but I think 12/24 is estimated arrival date (to you). Release date is now 12/18.

#239 h8b1llg8ts

h8b1llg8ts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

I got that email too; but I think 12/24 is estimated arrival date (to you). Release date is now 12/18.

I think your right about the 18th. With my prime membership the new date is the 20th.

#240 tcleary

tcleary

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

there is little doubt this thing will bomb and you'll be left with a limited library. I wouldn't buy this based on expecting more games to be released for it.