Photo
- - - - -

Half Life: Black Mesa Source Released! (Free)

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:20 AM

They updated the torrent trackers, pulling a solid 3.2 MB/Sec. right now. My question is will they saves from this work with the final Steam version when it drops, oh and where's the sdk at? I've searched and can't find it on Steam, and the official site has no link. I already had Half Life: Source and Half Life 2 on Steam, any hints?

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#32 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:22 AM

In Steam go to View>Tools and pick Source SDK 2007. Simple as that.

I expect the saves will carry over. You might have to manually move them or something but they should work.
76561197996844513.png

#33 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:24 AM

Damn, http downloads are hammered right now. Hope the torrents work better when I make it home.

In Steam go to View>Tools and pick Source SDK 2007. Simple as that.

I expect the saves will carry over. You might have to manually move them or something but they should work.

Wow, that was fast. Thank You Sir.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#34 skateraXVIII

skateraXVIII

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:28 PM

Which should I download from (eg. Desura, Mod DB, Gamers Hell, etc.)? I keep getting an ESET security warning when I try to download from Mod DB.

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#35 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:55 PM

This project just shows how incredibly long it takes for a full-scale game to be completed by even the absolute most dedicated and concerted amateur modders. I remember reading about this remake years and years ago--nearly a decade, perhaps--and it STILL isn't fully finished. Games that are completed in a 2-3 year life-cycle by a fully-financed game studio are a completely different animal than even the efforts of most talented of the volunteer modding community.

Kinda lends perspective to how amazing it is that studios like Treyarch, Naughty Dog, or DICE can pump out entirely new, original games, year after year after year.

Off Topic Response
Spoiler

I am really glad to see this is finally out, even if not entirely finished. I guess I am more glad that Valve didn't decide to shut it down, but actually allow it and even allow it through their service. Now I can finally go through and play the game, and get past the first 20 minutes which I have never done.

#36 mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:58 PM

Excuse my ignorance, are these mods Mac compatible?
Posted Image

#37 hordak

hordak

Rockin' CAGer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:13 AM

Who was making it originally then? I thought years back they announced it but then it just kind of evaporated. Was it always just a community mod?

You may be thinking of "Half Life: Source" which uses the HL2 engine and did come out. However, a lot of people assumed THAT game would be like Black Mesa... it wasn't since it was (almost) a straight port.