Wii U - LEGO City: Undercover

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#31 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

makes no sense why a game maker already knows they will have shipping delay just a month before. Wii u delays have hurt wii u more then it has helped the system.

#32 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

man this sucks the first game i wanted for wii u since launch is delayed. NO store has this game in stock and have no clue when they will get it in. Wii U just keeps getting worse and worse. I could have saved from buying this day 1 and wait till a game came out i wanted and good chance saved money.

Yeah, tell me about it. I am in a pickle b/c yesterday I bought The Amazing Spiderman and Ben 10 Omniverse in hopes to do a return/rebuy with Lego Undercover, 3 for $90 for their promo, but if its not there on Wednesday, looks like I'll be returning those two. Thankfully I resisted the urge to tear into Spiderman b/c I really want to check that out. But GS will have it for $30 starting Wednesday, so not all hope is lost if the B2G1 doesn't work..

The delay warning from Amazon has seriously been there for weeks. I posted about it at the beginning of February

Sorry man, I had no idea you posted that, nor did I ever study the page..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#33 ProfWho

ProfWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:41 AM

man this sucks the first game i wanted for wii u since launch is delayed. NO store has this game in stock and have no clue when they will get it in. Wii U just keeps getting worse and worse. I could have saved from buying this day 1 and wait till a game came out i wanted and good chance saved money.

You can download it now and you will get $5 eshop credit.

Wii U: ProfWho
3DS: 3222-6849-1226
PSN: ProfWho

Steam: ProfWho

#34 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:12 AM

You can download it now and you will get $5 eshop credit.

i will not pay 50 bucks for a download game at that price i demand a physical copy

#35 bigbadwolfe911

bigbadwolfe911

Who's Afraid of Me?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

Downloaded mine last night when the price was listed at $59.99 was pretty sure it would be corrected but as I ad already bought my $50 eShop card (which I got for $45 via ToysRus promo) and was really looking forward to this game and new it would be one I would prefer digital copy of. So anyhow paid $59.99 no tax, -$5 from discount on eShop card, then today got a email saying they would refund $12 because of pricing problem, and then via digital deluxe I will be getting another $5 (possibly $6 because of original $59.99 charge) bringing it down to either $38 or possibly $37 for an awesome game that both me and my wife will get countless hours of fun out of. We played it tonight for about 3-4 hours and it was a blast, by far the best Lego game yet.
Please add me to your Ultraviolet/Digital Copy mailing lists, my email is tjw779@yahoo.com

675829.png

#36 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

makes no sense why a game maker already knows they will have shipping delay just a month before. Wii u delays have hurt wii u more then it has helped the system.

Truly a situation unique to the Wii U. So bizarre.

#37 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

So, I ordered Lego City during the Buy One Get One 50% sale Best Buy had a few weeks ago. About 45 minutes ago, the status changed to 'backordered - ships in one to two weeks'. Yeah, wasn't thrilled. I called Best Buy and they were able to change it to in-store pick up, so I'll be heading out to grab my $25 LC in about an hour from the store 5 minutes away.

It says a lot about the current state of consumer relations that I was actually pretty floored that Best Buy was able to help. I really figured I was screwed. Still, hooray.

#38 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

Maybe this is the same shipping issue that hit Fire Emblem too? They need to get their act together.

#39 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

when did i ever say it was only a wii u issue lol. I was talking about how many of the games people got a wii u for was either delayed and now this one shipping delay.

#40 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:04 AM

Anyone else get boned by best buy? email said it was delayed until 4/7 but street date had changed to 3/18 and that i could pick it up in store today. went to the store and they had the game but due to a "glitch" they can't sell it today. freaking lame

#41 ProfWho

ProfWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:31 AM

i will not pay 50 bucks for a download game at that price i demand a physical copy

Technically it is $45 after the Digital deluxe promotion.

#42 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:36 AM

Technically it is $45 after the Digital deluxe promotion.

i have the white system seeing i did not need the bigger hdd i had a extra portable hdd and did not care about the game that was in it

#43 bigbadwolfe911

bigbadwolfe911

Who's Afraid of Me?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:19 AM

My local Kmart (Twin Falls, ID) had two copies in store, so if your not finding you might try a Kmart if you got one though it was marked at $49.99 and if you spend $50 you get $5 award card at register, not sure if they have a promo specific to this game going on with it as well or not.
Please add me to your Ultraviolet/Digital Copy mailing lists, my email is tjw779@yahoo.com

675829.png

#44 ProfWho

ProfWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

i have the white system seeing i did not need the bigger hdd i had a extra portable hdd and did not care about the game that was in it

Fair enough

#45 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:22 AM

when did i ever say it was only a wii u issue lol. I was talking about how many of the games people got a wii u for was either delayed and now this one shipping delay.

What you said was "Wii u delays have hurt wii u more then it has helped the system."

I was just joking because you made it sound like it was odd that delays actually hurt the system more than they have helped. Which . . . yeah, go figure. Normally, delays boost sales and are welcomed by the community, right?

Plus with PS3 remote play you can basically PLay your PS3 games on your PSP Go anywhere you are basically making it a Portable PS3

But Metroid sucks. I consider it Gunpei Yokoi's worst creation, even beating the Virtual Boy.

RE: XBox ONE

at least they change their name and not name their systems 1,2,3,4

#46 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

These "delays" make no sense. There was at least 3 copies at a Walmart in the same strip mall as the GameStop that I pre-ordered my copy at which they say won't be in until Friday.

Ninty needs to get their shit together with these inconsistent game launches. First Fire Emblem, now this.

#47 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

Give me a break. Now Gamestop is saying Friday. I would cancel, but I want that minifig. Ugh..

I will be PISSED if I get screwed out of that.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#48 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

the sad part is this is not even nintendo or game makers fault the company they pay to produce the disc told them all the way back in jan that they will be delays in printing disc's. To be honest i woud have put back the launch of the game till they knew for sure they would have enough supply for a launch for a game that really is the first game worth getting for wii u since launch.

#49 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

Son of a bitch. So, I decided to just go to Best Buy and get a copy and, despite the online inventory showing it being available for pickup today, I was given what could possibly be the weirdest excuse in recent months. The kid working electronics said the case showed up with the guides, but where the games were supposed to be, were copies of Forza 4 for the 360. (???)

I'm about to just say screw it and pick up Monster Hunter and just wait for a price drop on this one. I'm just so frustrated and sick of the "one more day" line of crap I've been getting all week.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#50 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

Son of a bitch. So, I decided to just go to Best Buy and get a copy and, despite the online inventory showing it being available for pickup today, I was given what could possibly be the weirdest excuse in recent months. The kid working electronics said the case showed up with the guides, but where the games were supposed to be, were copies of Forza 4 for the 360. (???)

I'm about to just say screw it and pick up Monster Hunter and just wait for a price drop on this one. I'm just so frustrated and sick of the "one more day" line of crap I've been getting all week.

I noticed that at Best Buy too (not the Forza in its place) but they had the strategy guides and no game copies at 2 locations I stopped at yesterday.

Just check Target store locator. Around noon yesterday, Targets in my area started reporting 'in stock' I called a few that were 'out of stock' (b/c they were closer) and they all said they had missing shipments or lost packages or something. I drove a little further down the road and grabbed one. They had about 6 copies.
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#51 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

Best Buy had my store pick up today (which I converted from online pre-order shipping, since it was going to be delayed). No problems, and I was first in line for store pick up. Now I just have to wait for Pikmin 3.

#52 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

I noticed that at Best Buy too (not the Forza in its place) but they had the strategy guides and no game copies at 2 locations I stopped at yesterday.

Just check Target store locator. Around noon yesterday, Targets in my area started reporting 'in stock' I called a few that were 'out of stock' (b/c they were closer) and they all said they had missing shipments or lost packages or something. I drove a little further down the road and grabbed one. They had about 6 copies.

I would try, but I have credit at Best Buy and Gamestop and I was trying to get it without spending money.

However, I just got a text from GS saying it will be ready for pickup tomorrow PM. So here's hoping...

#53 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

I just got off the phone with GS and the guy just opened the case when I was on the phone and said they have them now. Off to run some errands!

UPDATE: Finally got my copy, along with the minifig. Now I have to wait for the old lady to give up the TV...

Edited by sp00ge, 21 March 2013 - 09:06 PM.

#54 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

I just got off the phone with GS and the guy just opened the case when I was on the phone and said they have them now. Off to run some errands!

UPDATE: Finally got my copy, along with the minifig. Now I have to wait for the old lady to give up the TV...

why not just play on the controller :D

#55 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

I'd prefer to give it it's first run on 55" instead of 5".

Yeah, yeah... that's what she said...

#56 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

This was sold out at target which is sadly the first good sign the wiiu has had this year

#57 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

This is another one of those games that won't work on the gamepad only.

#58 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

This is another one of those games that won't work on the gamepad only.

So upset about that too. I don't get a lot of alone time with my WiiU, so i was looking forward to knocking this out 1-2 hours at a time from the bedroom. Going to have to make some quality time for it after Bioshock.
Spoiler

#59 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

Weird question... does this game run 'loudly' for anyone else? There's a definite change in the disc noise from my Wii U when I'm playing this that I don't get with any of the other games I've played. It's like a sort of low rumble. I thought there was, like, a truck outside or something until I realized it was from the system.

It also makes a much more significant and longer series of noises while trying to load on the main Wii U menu.

Is this all normal, or...? I've played the game for a few hours with no hiccups, but it's just strange.

#60 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

Weird question... does this game run 'loudly' for anyone else? There's a definite change in the disc noise from my Wii U when I'm playing this that I don't get with any of the other games I've played. It's like a sort of low rumble. I thought there was, like, a truck outside or something until I realized it was from the system.

It also makes a much more significant and longer series of noises while trying to load on the main Wii U menu.

Is this all normal, or...? I've played the game for a few hours with no hiccups, but it's just strange.

I haven't noticed, probably because my couch is about 15' from the TV/WiiU/etc, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was normal.