Little big planet Vita is out today 9/14 gamestop only

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#31 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:16 AM

Dammit, just read the Knights costumes are exclusive colors too. Broken Street Date ftw......was planning on pre-ordering this when i picked up Borderlands 2 too.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 doghair

doghair

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:05 AM

I just got an order shipment notification from Newegg for my discounted LBP preorder. Whoo-hoo!

#33 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:24 AM

Dammit, just read the Knights costumes are exclusive colors too. Broken Street Date ftw......was planning on pre-ordering this when i picked up Borderlands 2 too.

Can still preorder at Amazon for what it's worth. They'll probably start shipping soon.

#34 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:27 AM

I would, but im using trade-ins. So it was either Best Buy or Gamestop for me.

It looks like BB might be sticking to the original date, so I'm gonna head there tomorrow morning and try to pre-order. Dont really mind waiting till the 25th
Posted ImagePosted Image

#35 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:33 AM

Does any goodies come with the best buy preorder?

#36 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:39 AM

Same as the Gamestop one, the Knights costume pack and the Bioshock pack
Posted ImagePosted Image

#37 Magicman103

Magicman103

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:54 AM

Just talked to amazon customer service and told them about the broken release date.

I pointed out the fact that both newegg and retail stores are selling the game now
and they are losing preorders and sales of the game.

The lady said she would forward it to the order fulfilment center so hopefully amazon should start shipping soon.

Can't believe this is getting released 11 days early! Reminds me of the fiasco when LBP 1 got released early and then there was a recall and delay due to that religious song or something.
Posted Image

Check out this link to earn some cash by doing surveys!
http://OpinionOutpost.com/join/9860393

#38 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:07 AM

I'm still waiting to buy the game digitally. I want to build up my Vita library on PSN instead of having to switch cards all the time.

Now playing: Diablo 3 (360), Lost Planet 3, Saints Row 4, Rayman Legends, Killzone Mercenary, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

#39 xarthan

xarthan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:10 AM

So are the costume's from Gamestop's Pre-order inside the case vs being on the receipt now? Guess they wised up from all the people pre-ordering then returning just for the code.

#40 matthewrex

matthewrex

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:29 AM

Seems like maybe it's *not* supposed to come out early? The game is telling me in can't connect to the LBP network…maybe the switches haven't been flipped because it's still supposed to be out 9/25?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#41 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:42 AM

Got my Newegg confirmation a few hours ago. What a great surprise!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#42 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:50 AM

Lol at the tags
Posted ImagePosted Image

#43 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

Just checked my Newegg order and it says release date 9/15/12

I couldn't remember if I had pre-ordered it or not. I just checked and I did but it hasn't shipped yet and the main page doesn't mention a release date.
Let's go O's!

#44 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

My newegg preorder is still pending also it is now out of stock wtf

#45 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

As soon as I saw this thread, I immediately started contemplating it. I guess the allure of getting it almost 2 weeks before street date sounded pretty good. I had no intent on buying this game, other than my 6 yr old loves it on the PS3 and he really doesn't have a Vita game of his own, so I got it (read: so he can get me trophies :D)

Called the closest GS 30 mins before closing, they had it and were selling it, got there 5 mins before closing and it was the last copy! Guy said he'd been selling them all day. Took my gutted copy with Online Pass card and was out the door. Kinda bummed the trophy list isn't up yet on ps3trophies.org, but I'm sure it'll be any day now..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#46 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

Although I have no logical reason to be, I'm annoyed about all this. I want the downloadable version. I also feel vexed that there are people playing it and I'm not. I think it's silly when a release date is broken and sort of displays gamestops general lack of respect for one of the hands that feeds them.

But in the end, this just means more levels for me to download when I finally get it.

Wish the PSN version would just come out early too. Leaving the country on the 24th and unsure if I'll be able to download it once it's out. This is really a game I want always available, though, not on a game card, so I guess I have to be patient for the actual release date.

Thanks for reading my pointless rant. :)

#47 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

Just traded a few Vita games in for Little Big Planet Vita. Was widely available in both Gamestops close by.

Check my trade list at http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=313024

Sign up for Ibotta using http://ibotta.com/r/SCETeg to earn your first $2.  Ibotta has exclusive rebates at over 100,000 stores nationwide.

#48 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

Although I have no logical reason to be, I'm annoyed about all this. I want the downloadable version. I also feel vexed that there are people playing it and I'm not. I think it's silly when a release date is broken and sort of displays gamestops general lack of respect for one of the hands that feeds them.

But in the end, this just means more levels for me to download when I finally get it.

Wish the PSN version would just come out early too. Leaving the country on the 24th and unsure if I'll be able to download it once it's out. This is really a game I want always available, though, not on a game card, so I guess I have to be patient for the actual release date.

Thanks for reading my pointless rant. :)

Right there with you. I'm really excited about this, but I want the PSN version. I
Spoiler

#49 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

Street dates are bs anyway. I wish Assassins Creed 3 would come out October 1st...

#50 UberSwiss

UberSwiss

Cheap Suits?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

This makes sense why the lady at my work was so upset when I told her LBP for Vita wouldn't be out for a couple weeks. I'm curious to see if Sony punishes GameStop because the fine for breaking a street date is pretty hefty. I'm sure every other retailer carrying it isn't too happy.
Currently Playing:
:360: Halo 4/NBA 2k13
:ps3: Assassins Creed 3

Posted Image

#51 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

Well, me with my shitty willpower, I stopped by GS after getting some gas and once I saw a copy of LBP Vita on display, I gave in and bought it. I managed to rationalize it by the fact that I'm getting the game early and it really seems like the first absolute MUST HAVE for the Vita.

#52 akokonas

akokonas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:14 PM

Been playing LBP Vita now for a day and it is an awesome handheld experience and is mainly the reason why i bought a vita. This game will get so good once they turn on the servers I cant wait. I think the game is better on this than playing on the ps3 personally. The touch features are awesome as well.

#53 BREVITY

BREVITY

The Soul of Wit.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Got one today.
3DS Friend Code:4382-1988-8437 QR Image http://yfrog.com/gzvezjyj
iOS GameCenter Name: BREVITY
Posted ImagePosted Image
Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

#54 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:57 PM

Well, me with my shitty willpower, I stopped by GS after getting some gas and once I saw a copy of LBP Vita on display, I gave in and bought it. I managed to rationalize it by the fact that I'm getting the game early and it really seems like the first absolute MUST HAVE for the Vita.

Gravity Rush says hello.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#55 imamanwithaplan

imamanwithaplan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

is this conformed to be gamestop only?
Posted Image

#56 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

http://blog.us.plays...rly-on-ps-vita/

Sony has given approval to retailers to sell as soon as they receive shipment.

#57 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

I just got charged for my Newegg order; meaning it'll most likely ship today or Monday.

#58 ThomasTruong

ThomasTruong

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:15 PM

So blog says the servers and trophies may go live on the 18th, which makes sense.

Picked it up at GS, with the preorder bonus as well. Only regret is I wish I got it for 30 at Newegg when they had that promotion a little while ago.

#59 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:37 PM

Gravity Rush says hello.

Well Gravity Rush is a Vita exclusive. You literally HAVE to have a Vita to even play it lol. I have yet to play Gravity Rush, so I can't really speak on the quality of the game but I've heard good things. When it comes down to it though, I think you and I both know that LBP Vita is the bigger draw and without question will move more Vita units than Gravity Rush did.

#60 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:44 PM

Went to GS and got a copy today, I asked the guy to try to pre-order it since technically it's not supposed to be available until the 25th. But he said he tried and it wouldn't work :( So, no Bioshock costume for me