Little big planet Vita is out today 9/14 gamestop only

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#61 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

Went to GS and got a copy today, I asked the guy to try to pre-order it since technically it's not supposed to be available until the 25th. But he said he tried and it wouldn't work :( So, no Bioshock costume for me

Open up the game and flip the insert over. Read the big black bold letters at the top. Now proceed to praise your respective god.

#62 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

Open up the game and flip the insert over. Read the big black bold letters at the top. Now proceed to praise your respective god.

The insert is only for the Online Pass even though it says preorder stuff. It's just a misprint. The preorder codes come on the receipt.

#63 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:58 PM

The insert is only for the Online Pass even though it says preorder stuff. It's just a misprint. The preorder codes come on the receipt.

Can anyone confirm if they got the pre order bonuses with the code On the insert?

#64 boredasfook

boredasfook

Let's Get Weird!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:59 PM

Got the last copy at my local gs, so far I love it and find it alot more enjoyable playing on the go.

Currently playing:
:pc: League of Legends/Titanfall
:3ds: Pokemon Y
:ps3: Okami HD

:ps4: NBA 2K14

#65 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:59 PM

Got the last copy at my local gs, so far I love it and find it alot more enjoyable playing on the go.

Are the trophies enabled yet?

#66 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

Really? I didn't hear about any of that. I just figured that all first printings of the game were gonna come with the DLC, which is pretty common these days.

EDIT: Even the fine print of the insert goes into detail specifically saying you're getting the DLC and that it expires on 9/25/13.

Are the trophies enabled yet?

Trophies and the online servers don't go live till the 18th, someone posted about it last page.

Here's the link: http://blog.us.plays...rly-on-ps-vita/

#67 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:03 PM

Really? I didn't hear about any of that. I just figured that all first printings of the game were gonna come with the DLC, which is pretty common these days.

I'll confirm this in a little bit. I haven't even opened the game yet. But I'll be home shortly to see what the code gives me.

#68 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

Trophies and the online servers don't go live till the 18th, someone posted about it last page.

Here's the link: http://blog.us.plays...rly-on-ps-vita/

Well damn. I might hold off on playing the game until then. I don't want to start the game, then the trophies don't work right when they do go live

#69 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:05 PM

Well damn. I might hold off on playing the game until then. I don't want to start the game, then the trophies don't work right when they do go live

You can get trophies still, just not sync them.

#70 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:11 PM

Perhaps this was discussed, but someone should but it and bring it to Best Buy to trade in and see what happens.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#71 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

You can get trophies still, just not sync them.

Gotcha. Well then I retract that statement.

#72 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:19 PM

Just stopped by Best Buy to pre-order it there. Can still get the pre-order stuff, not sure if they plan on selling it early though.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#73 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:21 PM

Just stopped by Best Buy to pre-order it there. Can still get the pre-order stuff, not sure if they plan on selling it early though.

I had $40 GS credit to burn. And all the console games I want have the $20 gift certificate with pre-order at BBY. So I'm not losing much either way

#74 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

The code was for the online pass, not the pre-order bonuses :(

#75 ProAnon

ProAnon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

No, it's for both, but the costumes aren't available until Tuesday, so they won't show up until then.

#76 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:41 PM

Since the servers are not up yet, I wouldn't count on anybody getting anything at the moment. They promised we'd be able to get all of our previous outfits and such (from LBP 2), with a few exceptions. None of that stuff is available yet.

#77 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

Perhaps this was discussed, but someone should but it and bring it to Best Buy to trade in and see what happens.

They won't accept it because it's not in the system. Not like someone will be like, OMFG WHERE DID YOU GET IT?! ARE YOU MAGIC?! REVIEWER!? RESPECT!.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#78 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

You'll likely get tackled by security, accused of somehow stealing it from their warehouse, and get perma-banned.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#79 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:05 PM

You'll likely get tackled by security, accused of somehow stealing it from their warehouse, and get perma-banned.

Funny thing is I was nearly accused of 2/3 of that stuff already. GO ME!

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#80 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:08 PM

No, it's for both, but the costumes aren't available until Tuesday, so they won't show up until then.

Fingers crossed!!!

#81 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:10 PM

On a side note I'm curious on something. Was planning on buying some of the costumes soon (Since i still have LBP1 and 2), and noticed on Gamestop you can still buy the Incredibles Costume Pack code.

I remember they removed it from the store a few months ago. Would a code still work in that situation?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#82 GodOfUncharted

GodOfUncharted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

Sony authorized the early sale of LBP, according to IGN.

#83 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:20 PM

I didn't even know there was a Little Big Planet on Vita.

#84 Bivensra

Bivensra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:21 PM

Target is selling the game today

#85 GodOfUncharted

GodOfUncharted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

I didn't even know there was a Little Big Planet on Vita.

Sony is brilliant at marketing.

Seriously though I've mentioned the Vita a few times to my friends and some say "what's that?" Unbelievable.

#86 cheapbrokegamer

cheapbrokegamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

Gravity Rush says hello.

Gravity Rush sucks. So mundane and fighting is so awful.
I hope LBP is good
8-) Head BrokeAss

#87 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:43 PM

Actually just for the Online Pass. The preorder costume code is available on the Gamestop receipt if you did preorder. There was just a misprint for the cards.

#88 ProAnon

ProAnon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:51 PM

Actually just for the Online Pass. The preorder costume code is available on the Gamestop receipt if you did preorder. There was just a misprint for the cards.

#89 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:28 AM

Ya, you can't use the preorder code on your receipt until Tuesday. I already called up Sony and was on hold for 20 minutes until they confirmed.

#90 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:07 AM

Well Gravity Rush is a Vita exclusive. You literally HAVE to have a Vita to even play it lol. I have yet to play Gravity Rush, so I can't really speak on the quality of the game but I've heard good things. When it comes down to it though, I think you and I both know that LBP Vita is the bigger draw and without question will move more Vita units than Gravity Rush did.

Oh, no doubt, I'm not debating that. I mean, LBP is an established franchise. WHat I'm saying is Gravity Rush is more of a must-own game than LBPV. Even with all of it's improvements and what-not, LBP has still already been done. GR is new, totally unique, and the most impressive game I've played this year to date(Walking Dead is a very close second). I can't stress Gravity Rush's greatness enough.

More on topic, I just picked up LBP at BBY about 2 hours ago.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?