Photo
- - - - -

Virtue's Last Reward Preorder Watch Bonus up at Amazon, SOLD OUT (again)

• Please log in to reply
813 replies to this topic

#361 BlindJoker

BlindJoker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:16 AM

Some people around here for what ever reason like feeling like there video games are worth or are going to be worth something. It feels at times people just buy some of these so called "rare items" just because of that reason and have no intention of playing it. I buy what I enjoy, I find collecting enjoyable as a hobby and purely just that. Not because I hope to make a ton of money years from now.

Behind this mindset all the way. I never understood how people could place so much importance on a collectible/premium edition of a game that they would meet with repulsion and anger the news of additional runs of said edition of the game. I've seen it a few times on these boards and it always throws me for a loop. They use words like "devalue" and "company integrity" in their rants but all they're really saying is "this lollipop is mine and no one else should get one!". Like they've completely forgotten they are dealing with a video game.
With that said, I hope Aksys has enough watches ordered that all that want one tomorrow can get one or at least have plans in place to sell them in their store for a small profit.

#362 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:21 AM

Behind this mindset all the way. I never understood how people could place so much importance on a collectible/premium edition of a game that they would meet with repulsion and anger the news of additional runs of said edition of the game. I've seen it a few times on these boards and it always throws me for a loop. They use words like "devalue" and "company integrity" in their rants but all they're really saying is "this lollipop is mine and no one else should get one!". Like they've completely forgotten they are dealing with a video game.
With that said, I hope Aksys has enough watches ordered that all that want one tomorrow can get one or at least have plans in place to sell them in their store for a small profit.

What's not to understand?

They collect because they think it'll be worth money and when they find out a company is printing more copies, that means that their collection will now be worth less money than before.

I'm not saying that they're right (in fact, I think collecting video games for profit is beyond stupid), but it's not rocket science as to why those people would be upset about companies producing more of what was perceived as a limited edition item.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#363 BlindJoker

BlindJoker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:30 AM

What's not to understand?

They collect because they think it'll be worth money and when they find out a company is printing more copies, that means that their collection will now be worth less money than before.

I'm not saying that they're right (in fact, I think collecting video games for profit is beyond stupid), but it's not rocket science as to why those people would be upset about companies producing more of what was perceived as a limited edition item.

Apologies, I wrote that with the exclusion of resellers in mind but for got to type it in there. Hope that clears up my post from earlier.

#364 testaroo

testaroo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:32 AM

Any truth to Amazon only shipping one watch per house even if you were able to order more than one copies?

#365 psihog

psihog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:45 AM

I think it's fair for them to release more pre-order bonus editions now, but they shouldn't advertise the watch as pre-order bonus if they start selling the watch by itself. They can make a similar watch and sell it if they want.

#366 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:50 AM

So just to double check: they will be putting the pre order bonus watch back up sometime today? How will we know when its up? It appears to be the regular standard edition without the watch right now. Im watching the 3ds version

^_^x KD
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#367 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:56 AM

I tried to sign up to be notified, but it just said it was the regular version. Guess I'll have to be watching CAG and Amazon all day.

I gotta atleast get an order in for the Vita
Posted ImagePosted Image

#368 Kolma

Kolma

I like french toast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:36 AM

Not sure how much I trust the "afternoon" comment from neogaf as he still says "It's up to Amazon"
As such, I will continue to play the waiting game.

560501.png

xivpads.png

retrosig.png?a_gc=255%2C110%2C13&a_mc=25

#369 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:38 AM

I'm leaning towards the 3DS version, but if I can't get that I'll go with the Vita version if it means I'll get a watch!

#370 cakefoo

cakefoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:38 PM

Not sure how much I trust the "afternoon" comment from neogaf as he still says "It's up to Amazon"

I'd lean towards the afternoon as to when they might put it up, but I can't say for sure.

"They MIGHT"
"I can't say for sure"
"I'd LEAN towards"

Clearly he/she isn't trying to earn anyone's trust.

#371 BlindJoker

BlindJoker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:42 PM

I think it's fair for them to release more pre-order bonus editions now, but they shouldn't advertise the watch as pre-order bonus if they start selling the watch by itself. They can make a similar watch and sell it if they want.

I don't see the problem with them selling the exact same watch in their store. It's not as if they're advertizing the watch as a collectible or a numbered production item. The way I see it in that scenario, if you pre-ordered the game, you gained the watch for free but anyone else that wants it must pay separately for it.

As for when the watch will be up, that is all on Amazon and when they update their pages. Some people have suggested that they tend to update their pages during the afternoon and therefore, that would be a good time to check. I wouldn't put to much faith in the auto notify they have up since a lot of people claimed they got the notification days after the first wave of pre-order watches went out of stock. Best thing to do is just keep checking periodically.
Testaroo: Yeah, that is true. A Aksys rep at Neogaf confirmed that Amazon is under instructions to ship one watch per address. Only exception is if you ordered a game for each platform, Vita and 3DS, then you would get two watches per address.

#372 Kolma

Kolma

I like french toast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

I don't see the problem with them selling the exact same watch in their store. It's not as if they're advertizing the watch as a collectible or a numbered production item. The way I see it in that scenario, if you pre-ordered the game, you gained the watch for free but anyone else that wants it must pay separately for it.

As for when the watch will be up, that is all on Amazon and when they update their pages. Some people have suggested that they tend to update their pages during the afternoon and therefore, that would be a good time to check. I wouldn't put to much faith in the auto notify they have up since a lot of people claimed they got the notification days after the first wave of pre-order watches went out of stock. Best thing to do is just keep checking periodically.
Testaroo: Yeah, that is true. A Aksys rep at Neogaf confirmed that Amazon is under instructions to ship one watch per address. Only exception is if you ordered a game for each platform, Vita and 3DS, then you would get two watches per address.

That's the only reason I plan on ordering both copies, wish Amazon would update already with this. I need to go to sleep! xD"

560501.png

xivpads.png

#373 Kolma

Kolma

I like french toast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

OK this appeared for a second on the Vita Pre-order page
http://www.amazon.co...id=&seller=&sr=
Jumped on it!

Did some URL editing to get the 3DS one from the 3DS preorder bonus page

560501.png

xivpads.png

#374 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

The one with the bonus will have (with Pre order bonus item) next to it and be 39.99 instead of 39.96. On an unrelated note I bought my vita a month ago and this will be the first game I buy for it.

#375 tooshorty6432168

tooshorty6432168

You're awesome Kolma; thanks!

#376 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

good work Kolma.

I have it preordered already but good work.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#377 BlindJoker

BlindJoker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

OK this appeared for a second on the Vita Pre-order page
Jumped on it!

Did some URL editing to get the 3DS one from the 3DS preorder bonus page

Thanks buddy.:)

#378 excellen

excellen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

Full preorder page is up GOGOGO

edit - xmfd I can't get the url to work

It should say "(with preorder bonus item)" in your cart when you check out

#379 Kolma

Kolma

I like french toast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

Full preorder page is up

http://$$$$$$$$/SpzJrJ

GOGOGO

I have never seen a more broken URL:drool:

560501.png

xivpads.png

#380 jrbatche2001

jrbatche2001

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

i can confirm it's live, just completed checkout for it with the pre-order bonus. Weird thing is it estimates shipping in 2-3 weeks, which is before the actual release date, but I'm sure that's just a placeholder.

#381 Kolma

Kolma

I like french toast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

So anyone know if we can pick the LED color or is it Random?

560501.png

xivpads.png

#382 gossamer

gossamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

i can confirm it's live, just completed checkout for it with the pre-order bonus. Weird thing is it estimates shipping in 2-3 weeks, which is before the actual release date, but I'm sure that's just a placeholder.

Must have been the 3DS version. I got the same thing and the vita version says releases on Oct 24.

#383 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

Awesome! Pre-ordered a copy for 3DS! 999 was my favorite game from last year and I was worried I'd miss the watch for this (I was lucky and managed to get the 999 watch from Aksys).

#384 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

So anyone know if we can pick the LED color or is it Random?

Random

I see it's letting me order more even though I already have 2 preorders for it. I thought the limit was supposed to be 1 per version.

#385 JoePianist

JoePianist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

Everyone, GO GO GO!! I just finished pre-ordering myself :D :D :D

#386 Kolma

Kolma

I like french toast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

Random

I see it's letting me order more even though I already have 2 preorders for it. I thought the limit was supposed to be 1 per version.

The watches are what's limited 1 per version/household

560501.png

xivpads.png

#387 keine

keine

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

woo-hoo, I got one! :D

Too bad for those who thought this bonus sold out a couple of weeks ago. :cry:
Posted Image "I want me some glory hole." -The Great Jerry Jones

#388 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

I got mine! Thank you for posting this! :)

#389 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

Nice, my body randomly woke me up and 5 minutes later this goes live. Got an order on the Vita with 1 day shipping, can always just change the speed if I decide I can wait a few days.

Thanks guys
Posted ImagePosted Image

#390 Neuropod

Neuropod

Because, anarchy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

Preordered for 3DS. Even though I don't have one yet. Soon though. Soon...
76561197996844513.png