Photo
- - - - -

Virtue's Last Reward Preorder Watch Bonus up at Amazon, SOLD OUT (again)

• Please log in to reply
813 replies to this topic

#451 kosmos13x

kosmos13x

Nocturne #BNC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

omg read the third interview answer on the official site *mind blown*...I never knew lol...though i don't have a real issue with it of course lol.

The interview is really insightful though and really shows that they appreciate the American audience to the success of their series. Unlike some companies which i wont name, its good to see a japanese company give us praise for the success and just don't give us the cold shoulder. I look forward to Zero Escape vol 2!

#452 LeafPanda

LeafPanda

One Dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:04 AM

If anyone is willing to sell one of their bracelets please pm me. I wasn't able to get either of the batches :/
Currently Playing: Halo Reach, Black Ops, New Vegas

#453 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:42 AM

You know what the crappy part about most of these people buying multiple copies with pre-order bonus is going to be. They are most likely going to return the game back to Amazon and keep the watch.

#454 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:43 AM

You know what the crappy part about most of these people buying multiple copies with pre-order bonus is going to be. They are most likely going to return the game back to Amazon and keep the watch.

You'd think the different SKUs would prevent that, though, but until we actually see the packaging for the watch-included versions, we can't really know.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Puppeteer [Plat Cleanup]; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]:  :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#455 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

Nah, I expect Amazon is smarter than that. 2 different ASINs.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#456 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:04 AM

The game will come packaged inside with the watch. There will be no separate sku for retailers to scan.

#457 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:16 AM

The game will come packaged inside with the watch. There will be no separate sku for retailers to scan.

Actually, when Amazon has done premiums like this that can't just be shrinkwrapped to the case (larger artbooks, comics, action figures, etc...) they package the game and the premium in a padded manilla envelope and that usually has a separate barcode on it. On the one hand, that probably means people who ordered multiples will get all of them. On the other, it means you can't just return the game as Amazon's return center won't correlate just the game SKU with the ASIN you ordered.

#458 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:46 AM

There's no way the game will come separate in its sealed original retail packaging. Aksys wouldn't be that stupid.

#459 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:53 AM

There's no way the game will come separate in its sealed original retail packaging. Aksys wouldn't be that stupid.

Again, Amazon has a means of dealing with this and it doesn't have to mean the watch will be sealed inside or to the game case. 3DS and Vita cases are tiny and they aren't going to create some custom box for this. Amazon simply creates a separate ASIN with it's own barcode and seals everything in an envelope. They did this with the Spiderman game with a graphic novel a year or so ago and I had to return it because it was damaged and both items had to be present along with the original shipping pouch for the return to be credited.

#460 LeafPanda

LeafPanda

One Dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:04 AM

I should've just bought the PSvita version to get the watch......
Again if anyone has extra watch/bracelets please let me know

#461 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:22 AM

I will have an extra watch, but I am looking to price gouge the Fuck out of it.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#462 BlindJoker

BlindJoker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:28 AM

Again, Amazon has a means of dealing with this and it doesn't have to mean the watch will be sealed inside or to the game case. 3DS and Vita cases are tiny and they aren't going to create some custom box for this. Amazon simply creates a separate ASIN with it's own barcode and seals everything in an envelope. They did this with the Spiderman game with a graphic novel a year or so ago and I had to return it because it was damaged and both items had to be present along with the original shipping pouch for the return to be credited.

Agreed, the watches case has already been shown to be a tin or metal cylinder. There is no way Aksys is going to create a large custom box to both house the cylinder case and the game for something that is only a pre-order bonus. What is most likely is that the items are going to be wrapped together.

As for the whole multiple watches on multiples orders, who knows. During the first wave, a few people contacted Amazon about getting two watches because they ordered the game on both platforms and Amazon replied they were under instructions to only ship one, so they would only be getting one. When it was brought to the attention of the rep, an inquiry was made and things were clarified to one per version on Amazon's end by Aksys. So it does appear that Aksys is looking into how these watches will be distributed and Amazon is closely following their instructions. So there is a chance multiple orders on the same platform might just get one. Best move Aksys can do is they see these things flooding Ebay at insane prices is to just sell them out of their store. So anyone who wants one, or all colors, can just pay a reasonable price for them.

Edited by BlindJoker, 01 October 2012 - 05:30 AM.
Adding

#463 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:30 AM

What? You're saying the game itself will be packaged within the watch canister?

That's really disappointing.

Edit: well, I guess I should have read the previous posts on it too

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#464 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:33 AM

The game with and without the watch are 2 different ASINs as someone already pointed out (though they got one of the ASINs wrong). So I'd bet no matter when or how many you ordered you'll either get the watch or not based on that.

Edit: ^ and I highly doubt the game will be in the cylinder. It'd have to be overly big I imagine to fit a copy of the game in it. Would be cool if it was though.

#465 BlindJoker

BlindJoker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:39 AM

What? You're saying the game itself will be packaged within the watch canister?

That's really disappointing.

Edit: well, I guess I should have read the previous posts on it too

That would of been a cool idea but don't think game would fit.
Spoiler

#466 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:48 AM

I should've just bought the PSvita version to get the watch......

Yes you really should have if you wanted it at all. I hope you learn from this. I imagine you only really want it now though because you can't have it, otherwise you would have gotten one when they were available.

#467 LeafPanda

LeafPanda

One Dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

Yes you really should have if you wanted it at all. I hope you learn from this. I imagine you only really want it now though because you can't have it, otherwise you would have gotten one when they were available.

i don't have a psvita, but you are completely correct forgot I could just sell the game after just getting the watch XD

#468 nieon

nieon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

anybody play the vita demo? the only problem i had was moving the camera horizontally but then i found out you can use L and R instead which made it a lot easier. another minor gripe is the cursor speed with the sticks is a little hard to be precise with, but it's no problem at all if you touch stuff instead.

GREAT demo and it's only ~100mb!! how's the 3ds demo??

#469 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

3DS demo won't be out until after the game's release, according to Aksys.

& tried the demo yesterday as well. Now I'm sold on the game & of course, I can't get the cool pre-order bonus. Maybe we'll get lucky & they'll do another run on Aksys' site like they did with 999 (which I seriously should get one of these days). Though I finally gave in & ordered a stylus for my Vita after trying to write stuff down in the memo.

And agree that the cursor moves waaay too fast when you use the sticks, but aside from trying to shift the camera w/ the touch screen, the touch controls worked fine.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#470 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

999 is just $19.99 (lol) from Aksys' site with free shipping. Easily worth it. That's with the new cover art of course.

#471 Deathmore10

Deathmore10

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

999 is just $19.99 (lol) from Aksys' site with free shipping. Easily worth it. That's with the new cover art of course.

I swear, if the same people that start price gouging these VLW watches, start price gouging for the copies of 999 with the old cover, I'm going to lose it.

I don't see how they could really, but I get this nagging feeling that one of two things will happen after 999 isn't being printed anymore. 1. the old cover version becomes ridiculously expensive, 2. the variant cover becomes ridiculously expensive. Either way, it'll be ridiculous I'm sure.

#472 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

I swear, if the same people that start price gouging these VLW watches, start price gouging for the copies of 999 with the old cover, I'm going to lose it.

I don't see how they could really, but I get this nagging feeling that one of two things will happen after 999 isn't being printed anymore. 1. the old cover version becomes ridiculously expensive, 2. the variant cover becomes ridiculously expensive. Either way, it'll be ridiculous I'm sure.

Amazon use to have 999 for $19.99, but they raised it to $24.99 with the new cover.

#473 Deathmore10

Deathmore10

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

Amazon use to have 999 for $19.99, but they raised it to $24.99 with the new cover.

So it starts, lovely.

#474 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

The demo was great, it gave a nice little sample of what the game has to offer with a bit of the narrative and the escape aspect.

I was really impressed at how vibrant and sharp the game looked. Given I use my vita mostly to play my PS1 games thus far, it's weird seeing graphics like that on a handheld.

I can't say the same for the Silent Hill demo though... bleh.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#475 LeafPanda

LeafPanda

One Dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

hey price gougers be price gougers =.= I mean one of the watches already sold for $150 on ebay

#476 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:00 AM

That's generally how things work. Rare/OOP stuff goes up in price depending on demand. You can't really complain if someone is willing to pay $150 for the old cover of 999 just because you aren't willing to. The buyers set the prices, not the sellers.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#477 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:04 AM

The demo was so awesome. I felt an actual sense of accomplishment once I figured out the solution to the final puzzle in the "Escape" portion (and then shame when I remembered that I was playing on Easy mode :oops:). The writing is stellar like in 999, and it felt so dang natural on the Vita.

I was somewhat surprised to see Sigma act a lot like Junpei; given his physique (unless I totally misjudged his art), I expected him to act at least 5 years older. Not that I'm complaining, of course. :razz:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Puppeteer [Plat Cleanup]; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]:  :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#478 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:05 AM

dude the silent hill game is awesome dont know what you are talking about

The last portable silent hill game I played was the Silent Hill: Shattered Memories which I thought was rather fantastic and I have no idea why they decided to give this isometric dungeon crawler the silent hill name other than suckering the fanbase into picking it up without much prior knowledge.

Other than the shoe horned name brand, I found the combat repetitive, the puzzle element to be non-existent and the atmosphere to be shallow at best.

I don't think it's a terrible, unplayable game as it seems to be functional but it's just not the type of game that interests me in the least.

I was somewhat surprised to see Sigma act a lot like Junpei; given his physique (unless I totally misjudged his art), I expected him to act at least 5 years older. Not that I'm complaining, of course. :razz:

That scratch off part with phi was pretty good. I'm expecting the game to have its fair share of laughs which is nice to see in a serious scenario game like that which can get overbearing if it's totally serious all the time.

#479 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:05 AM

The demo was great, it gave a nice little sample of what the game has to offer with a bit of the narrative and the escape aspect.

I was really impressed at how vibrant and sharp the game looked. Given I use my vita mostly to play my PS1 games thus far, it's weird seeing graphics like that on a handheld.

I've only played the novel part of the demo, and thought it was cool. The artwork looks BEAUTIFUL on the Vita, but the 3D models didn't impress me much. I wish we'd have character portraits like in 999. They'd look amazing on that screen. Shame. Oh, and not sure how I feel about the voices yet. Except for the rabbit. wtflol

#480 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

I've only played the novel part of the demo, and thought it was cool. The artwork looks BEAUTIFUL on the Vita, but the 3D models didn't impress me much. I wish we'd have character portraits like in 999. They'd look amazing on that screen. Shame. Oh, and not sure how I feel about the voices yet. Except for the rabbit. wtflol

The bunny puns man, it's like persona with bear puns all over again.