Photo
- - - - -

Virtue's Last Reward Preorder Watch Bonus up at Amazon, SOLD OUT (again)

• Please log in to reply
813 replies to this topic

#811 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

Really? Other people with review copies have said that the game really doesn't need you to play 999 before this. From what I've heard, it explains everything from the first game, so you won't be left out in the cold. You just miss out on the first game and all of it's plot twists. You will probably enjoy it more if you know what happens in the first game though.

I had to comment on this, considering I just finished VLR today. It'd be a massive mistake to not play 999 before VLR. Yes, they go over a lot of what happened, but they don't devulge many of the details. So yes, you would get an explanation of the plot for the first game if you play VLR, but you'll be missing out on the experience, characters, and many of the twists. Personally, I enjoyed the first game more, but VLR is still an amazing game. One of the best games out for 3DS/Vita.

Oh, and for anyone wondering.. the controls for the Vita version are fine. No idea where this talk came from for it having poor controls, but I only had minor frustrations with the controls for 2 of the puzzles (which didn't bother me much, and can easily be fixed if you use a stylus but I didn't have to).

#812 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

I had to comment on this, considering I just finished VLR today. It'd be a massive mistake to not play 999 before VLR. Yes, they go over a lot of what happened, but they don't devulge many of the details. So yes, you would get an explanation of the plot for the first game if you play VLR, but you'll be missing out on the experience, characters, and many of the twists. Personally, I enjoyed the first game more, but VLR is still an amazing game. One of the best games out for 3DS/Vita.

Oh, and for anyone wondering.. the controls for the Vita version are fine. No idea where this talk came from for it having poor controls, but I only had minor frustrations with the controls for 2 of the puzzles (which didn't bother me much, and can easily be fixed if you use a stylus but I didn't have to).

Answer: Fan boys who can't afford a vita.

I love the whole "It's unplayable on the Vita because it was optimized for nintendo's dual screens.. rabble rabble nonsense". The game played perfectly fine on the Vita. End of story.

#813 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

http://store.aksysga...hurricane-sandy

l

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#814 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:38 AM