Photo
- - - - -

Virtue's Last Reward Preorder Watch Bonus up at Amazon, SOLD OUT (again)

• Please log in to reply
813 replies to this topic

#61 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

The Touch controls on the vita are quite unresponsive and navigating menus is harder since you only have 1 screen.

is this in reference to the system itself? or is it with this game only?

i was going to get this for the vita, since i am getting the AC bundle - any advice?

#62 j-cart

j-cart

BOOM BOOM SHAKE SHAKE, NOW DROP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

I wish I could comment more on this thread, but I can say that everyone will enjoy either version of the game :D

#63 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

i was going to get this for the vita, since i am getting the AC bundle - any advice?

It's was just for this game.

#64 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

I play hours upon hours of plants vs zombies on my Vita and if you are familiar with the game you'd know how frustrating it would be to play if the vita was unresponsive; that being said I enjoy it 100x more on the vita then on my pc.

I haven't had problems with the vita being "unresponsive". if it is I would think the problem is with the software not the hardware

#65 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

Had no idea this was Amazon exclusive. Went ahead and pre-ordered the Vita version.

Maybe I'll double dip and get the 3DS version a few months down the line when I have an XL.

#66 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

I checked my vita version and it says after title with pre-order bonus so were good with the new link. I'm guessing most on here will probably pre-order both versions since it's locked to 1 per account because we want to try and collect all three different bracelets.

#67 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

It's was just for this game.

ok ty! GBAstar too, ty

#68 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

^ Thanks for the alert.

I do notice that they created a new listing for the vita version; I hope my earlier order is honoroed

When did you order? It seems like it's using the same product page (for the vita) that was there when the thread was posted. Just curious, maybe I'm missing something.

#69 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

They have a version without the pre-order bonus now as a option on the page. It's 4 cents cheaper. This is probably going to sell out.

#70 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:17 PM

When did you order? It seems like it's using the same product page (for the vita) that was there when the thread was posted. Just curious, maybe I'm missing something.

No nevermind. I ordered on the 14th but I double checked my order and it's the same listing.

#71 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

Oh, wow. This is Amazon exclusive?

Kinda want to ask a few friends if they don't mind if I ship a package to their homes right now. I still hate myself for not getting Amazon's exclusive Fallout 3 edition.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#72 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

Do you think they'll actually have separate shipments of the game with/without the watch? I want to get a 2nd copy for my little brother, but it's locked to 1 like if it was a Deal of the Day. Anyone think pre-ordering the standard version at $39.96 might still work out if this is a first-run thing?

#73 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

That version will not have the watch included. Not only is this a amazon exclusive but now it's limited to a certain number now that they added a version without the watch included. If you want the watch, you have to buy the one that says it comes with it.

#74 Bumslie

Bumslie

Positive Mental Attitude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

Got a copy pre-ordered for the Vita since I missed the watch the first time. Now its time to cancel my Newegg order. Thanks for bumping the thread to let us know it was back in stock.

BumslieOG.png

#75 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:33 PM

That version will not have the watch included. Not only is this a amazon exclusive but now it's limited to a certain number now that they added a version without the watch included. If you want the watch, you have to buy the one that says it comes with it.

That's annoying. Won't even let me ship it to a friend's address. Don't really want to ask someone else to order another one for me, but it doesn't look like there are any other options.

#76 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

Definitely preordering for this, as I've always been disappointed that I missed the 999 watch.

Just need to decide which version. Better visuals (Vita) versus 3D and potentially very awesome use of dual screens like at the end of 999 (3DS).

#77 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

Definitely preordering for this, as I've always been disappointed that I missed the 999 watch.

Just need to decide which version. Better visuals (Vita) versus 3D and potentially very awesome use of dual screens like at the end of 999 (3DS).

If it was intended to be multiplatform from the start, I doubt they'd include puzzles optimized for dual screens. Though I could be wrong.

#78 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

It would be nice if Amazon sold the watch separately for all of us who pre-ordered elsewhere. And limit one per household?! I just want three, not thirty or three hundred bracelets/watches.

Come on Gamestop make the watch available for those who pre-ordered in-store!

First off, it's not Amazon's decision to sell the watches separately from the game.

Second, it a bonus item which is supposed to be an incentive to buy the game. Aksys is in the business of selling games, not watches, so the watch is only there to get you to buy the game at full price.

Third, if you want 3 watches, just buy 3 copies of the game and then sell the game on ebay or give it to a friend.

Fourth, if this is an exclusive for Amazon, I'm glad to see Amazon getting one of these exclusives rather than GameStop, which is at the bottom of the list of places I want to give my money to.
3DS FC: 3652-0544-2057 (PM me with yours if you add me)
Posted Image

#79 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

Since they locked it to one copy hopefully it means there aren't a lot of them. I ordered one each for 3DS and Vita just in case. This is one of the few games coming this year I'm actually excited to play.

#80 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

I checked my vita version and it says after title with pre-order bonus so were good with the new link. I'm guessing most on here will probably pre-order both versions since it's locked to 1 per account because we want to try and collect all three different bracelets.

When the Vita version + watch was first listed, you could purchase more than 1 copy (I know because I bought 2 copies). Now both Vita and 3DS versions are restricted to one of each per Amazon account.

Also, for those that previously placed an order for the Vita+watch versions, while I was ordering the 3DS version, I had inadvertently added a Vita version to my order and it looked like it was going to let me purchase it even though I had already placed my previous order for 2 Vita version. So it looks like the logic they implemented to prevent you from ordering more than one copy of each platform doesn't count a previous Vita order that was placed prior to the 1-per-user rule being enforced. Just pointing that out in case someone wants to get one more Vita copy.
Posted Image

#81 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

Since they locked it to one copy hopefully it means there aren't a lot of them. I ordered one each for 3DS and Vita just in case. This is one of the few games coming this year I'm actually excited to play.

Same here. I enjoyed the first game more than I had expected to. In spite of being somewhat repetitive, being able to fast forward through the replays of the game and then automatically stopping when you hit a new branch of the story was a nice feature. Plus, I think I ended up going down nearly every wrong path possible before I finally found the "true ending" path, which made it that much more exciting and surprising.

Since there are 3 colors for the watches, it sounds like the rules of the second game are going to be different from the first game, so I'm curious to see how that affects the game and puzzles.
Posted Image

#82 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:16 PM

Only the LED lights are different colors. The band is not the color that's different.

#83 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:19 PM

Finally the 3DS watch package is up. Snagged one. :D

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#84 MechaGojira

MechaGojira

Custom User Title?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

Thanks to the poster who gave the heads up on the 3DS version being available! Got my copy pre-ordered. Wanted to get a pre-order to show my support, but a watch is cool too!
Posted Image

#85 laseractive

laseractive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:49 PM

Thanks to the poster who gave the heads up on the 3DS version being available! Got my copy pre-ordered. Wanted to get a pre-order to show my support, but a watch is cool too!

Same here. Got my 3DS version on order.

#86 esploded

esploded

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:43 AM

I loved 999, but I can't decide whether I should snag this or not with the watch...
Has it gained popularity (in the general masses) since the original release enough to warrant really high resale prices again for the watch?

#87 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:55 AM

Let the lamentations begin!

#88 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:09 AM

Definitely got 1 for Vita.

#89 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0