So is no one excited for EDF 4(trailer)

I'm excited, but this was announced before Insect Armageddon was even released. It's pretty much why I didn't buy the game at the time -- why bother with a shoddy spin-off when I can just wait for the real deal?

I've been playing this for the past month or so and I love it. I've put in almost 120 hours and forsee at least a few hundred more to get to everything the game offers.

Here are a few things I've written on other threads/forums on the game.

Lots of rehash from Earth Defense Force 2017 as far as missions (of the 53 I've opened, I've seen maybe 10 to 12 so far that were basically lifted right from it), but still lots of fun, albeit cheesy, if you're a fan of the series. The 4 classes (Ranger, Wing Diver, Air Raider and Fencer) are extremely different from one another and really mix things up.

Also, add me to the list of those who think the Air Raider (the op called him tactical) is a blast to play. From the vehicles (up to 4 player mechs, tanks, helicopters and troop transports... the motorcycles though are an uncontrollable mess at any speed other than a crawl), to his weapons, both support (a rifle that shoots a green bubble around its target that regenerates health, def/pow ups, targeting points and shields...) and offensive (shots that tag and detonate/splinter on cue, rifles and shotguns that shoot spiderwebs... they even act just like when the spiders shoot them, big damage at initial strike, then health drain as time passes), and of course his turrets (now 3). Think of him as the game's magic caster.

Have 90 hours or so in with the Ranger, a few with the Wingdiver and Fencer and maybe 20 with the Air Raider and they all seem fun and unique enough to warrant going through the entire game with them.

More enemies show up somewhere around the game's midpoint, and there are more than there was in 2017. Also, a good number of 2017's missions show up in this game.

My initial impressions after playing the Ranger through maybe level 25 or so were that 2017 was the better game, but after completing all 85 single player missions with him, playing online a good bit, dabbling with 2 other classes and sinking my teeth into the Air Raider, I would say that this game smokes 2017 easily.

bread's done
Back