...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#32 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

Ever heard of a place called Portland?

More then Oregon. It still stays under my radar.

needler420.png

#33 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

(I live on Oregon anyway, so I just laugh at all you jokers with your sales tax... lol)

You know they get you other ways like your top 5 highest income tax rate. Not to mention, it being overcast all the time must leave everyone so depressed.

#34 kodave

kodave

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:21 PM

You know they get you other ways like your top 5 highest income tax rate. Not to mention, it being overcast all the time must leave everyone so depressed.

Plus paying for other people to pump your gas.

#35 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

btw orders placed before the 15th wont be charge tax.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#36 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:54 PM

I buy my own fuel and have tanks at my house, but having someone else pump it for you is definitely nice. The income tax thing is true, but I make a lot of my money online, and there are certain thresholds that one must pass in order for it to 'need' to be reported. the differences between the states are all 'supposed' to even out in the end anyway (lol). I would just hate to pay extra money on everything that I bought. I've never had to do that, so it just seems foreign and weird to me.

Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

#37 Kecir12

Kecir12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:53 PM

People like you make me sad. Holier than thou hypocrites on their high horses acting so great. We all know you do much worse stuff than not pay sales tax. Go away and stop posting your opinions on the internet please. Thank you.

Total overreaction. For me personally, I will continue to use Amazon even if Mass orders get hit with the 6.25. They consistently beat everyone on most things I buy. Doesn't matter if its GPS watches or Kong dog toys. Tossing a couple bucks in tax on top of that won't make much of a difference. Plus Prime takes the shipping sting away.

Most of the people ranting and raving will continue shopping on Amazon because they know Amazon consistently beats the competition on a lot of stuff. They just think Amazon will bow down to them and offer credit or something similar if they bitch and moan about paying sales tax like its Amazon's fault. Entitlement at its finest. Amazon is not going anywhere or dying because of sales tax.

Edited by Kecir12, 15 September 2012 - 11:53 PM.
mistake

#38 Stinker101

Stinker101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:44 AM

Amazon.com use to get all my game business but the last year a half was aweful. Last year my local Kmart and Best Buy had all the deals with gaming coupons while Amazon really had nothing. This year Best Buy and Newegg are the clear winners. Newegg with the constant $12 off specials. BB even with sales tax I still benfit the most by with my preorder instore pickup along with receiving DLC and the $20 gaming coupons for the Unlocked Gamer program is excellent.

This is the first time in years I have absolutely nothing on pre-order with Amazon.com. All my orders are with BB or Newegg.

#39 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:05 AM

I will still buy from Amazon, I have been taxed in NY for years but what kills it for me is the $25 minimum for free shipping. Newegg doesn't havea minimum and usually has free or very cheap shipping and Best Buy almost always has free shipping or free store pickup. This way I can order a $10 game or a 15.99 game from Newegg and not have to pay shipping, but if I did the same on Amazon I would have to pay shipping. Walmart has free store pickup as well and their online prices seem to be cheaper than the store but that doesn't work so well for games, though I have found a few deals on their website as well. Unless I am buying an item over $25 of course which then I might choose Amazon.

Best Buy the stores are a bit far away from me however I can arrange it so I go to that area for multiple things instead of just a BB store pickup, its even better if they offer free shipping for their games.

#40 Ninjouzata

Ninjouzata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:29 AM

Guess I'll be enjoying all the buying I do at Amazon before Georgia starts getting taxed there.

#41 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:33 AM

I will still buy from Amazon, I have been taxed in NY for years but what kills it for me is the $25 minimum for free shipping. Newegg doesn't havea minimum and usually has free or very cheap shipping and Best Buy almost always has free shipping or free store pickup. This way I can order a $10 game or a 15.99 game from Newegg and not have to pay shipping, but if I did the same on Amazon I would have to pay shipping. Walmart has free store pickup as well and their online prices seem to be cheaper than the store but that doesn't work so well for games, though I have found a few deals on their website as well. Unless I am buying an item over $25 of course which then I might choose Amazon.

Best Buy the stores are a bit far away from me however I can arrange it so I go to that area for multiple things instead of just a BB store pickup, its even better if they offer free shipping for their games.

Should get Amazon Prime. $79/year, 2-day shipping, $4 one-day as long as it's sold/fulfilled by Amazon. Totally worth it. Plus you get streaming movies.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#42 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:48 AM

Thanks for the personal attack since you can't generate an argument on why it's ethically correct to not pay taxes.

Urm - you're kinda (completely) assuming having to pay sales tax on an interstate transaction is "ethically correct." The Constitution doesn't even allow for this type of tax, nor does the fact that something is a law demand its ethicality.

As it is, I'll certainly be backing off the impulse Amazon buys, probably buying in general. End result will be me saving more money...I guess that's a good thing, yo.

#43 sinned47

sinned47

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:49 AM

i think they are adjusting preorders too.
i had tax added to my valkyria chronicles 3 artbook preorder.

#44 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:08 AM

Not true. I ordered something yesterday, and saw today that it added $3 tax. Tried to cancel, and it said it was in shipping.

Edit:
Spoiler

Edited by elessar123, 16 September 2012 - 03:24 AM.

elessar123.png

#45 rpg

rpg

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:17 AM

RIP Amazon
O:)1995-2012O:)

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif        

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#46 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:15 AM

Should get Amazon Prime. $79/year, 2-day shipping, $4 one-day as long as it's sold/fulfilled by Amazon. Totally worth it. Plus you get streaming movies.

I actually just signed up and canceled prime membership within 5 minutes after seeing their movie streaming selection, will stick with the partial prime membership a friend is giving me for free

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#47 kodave

kodave

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:40 AM

I actually just signed up and canceled prime membership within 5 minutes after seeing their movie streaming selection, will stick with the partial prime membership a friend is giving me for free

Their TV side, while no Netflix, is getting better.

The price per month for 2 day shipping plus video service is still less than Netflix streaming-only every month.

#48 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:52 AM

Plus paying for other people to pump your gas.

Wait, is that required in OR? You can't pump your own gas?

Now playing (& watching):
:br:-House, M.D. season 7
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#49 kodave

kodave

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:04 AM

Wait, is that required in OR? You can't pump your own gas?

From my understanding, you can't pump your own gas and an attendant has to do it for you. Oregon's idea of job creation or something.

I don't know if there is a fee for this or if its just worked into the price of the gas.

#50 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:28 AM

From my understanding, you can't pump your own gas and an attendant has to do it for you. Oregon's idea of job creation or something.

I don't know if there is a fee for this or if its just worked into the price of the gas.

That is so ridiculous that I can barely comprehend it. Sounds like government saying that the average citizen isn't capable of properly transferring fuel into their vehicle and this is a task that needs to be performed by a "trained professional".

35bb9lx.gif

#51 kodave

kodave

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:38 AM

That is so ridiculous that I can barely comprehend it. Sounds like government saying that the average citizen isn't capable of properly transferring fuel into their vehicle and this is a task that needs to be performed by a "trained professional".

Well, here's a list of reasons:
http://www.ktvb.com/...n-82256587.html

But it claims the gas doesn't cost more. I just don't see how that's possible. Profits from somewhere have to go to paying the wages of pump attendants. If not from the gas, then from the Quik-E-Mart or whatever. Either way its got to be costing the gas station money to have to have more than 1 person standing around. Unless somehow these places manage with one person pumping all the gas and overseeing all of the inside operations.

Here's another article, which notes apparently motorcyclists can pump their own gas in Oregon:
http://www.mentalflo.../archives/15455

The reasons mostly seem to be for the archaic "fire hazard safety" reasons, which is BS, but I think Oregon and New Jersey probably keep laws like this to keep people employed.

#52 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:41 AM

I might give those a read later when I'm a little less likely to find the concept so annoying (but probably not much. :))

35bb9lx.gif

#53 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:44 AM

im going to say that to me the tax was already there, called "shipping price"
Posted Image

#54 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

I had a co-worker who lived in Oregon, could have been Portland, said it was kind of backwards there with the whole gas pump attendant. Not trying to bash Oregon just repeating what my co-worker told me.

If Amazon started charging sales tax in my area, which is about 10%, I'd probably buy less from them. Just because I can go to the local stores and pay about the same.

I have about 5 orders from them since I started ordering from Amazon a few months ago. I only order if there's something I can't find in local stores like the UMD version of DJ Max Portable 3.

#55 mrx001

mrx001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:27 AM

Well,the only tax haven for me is JR.com, for some items atleast.

#56 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

Tennessee starts charging tax in 2014, and I'll keep using amazon. Only stores around me within a 20 minute drive is a walmart and a gamestop, and both have no selection and usually I can get stuff cheaper even after paying tax on amazon. So no gas spent, no hassle of interstate traffic, no idiots to deal with, amazon for me.

#57 azngtlman

azngtlman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

FYI, I received a $15 credit from NHL 13 and when using that $15 to purchase the next item, I was not charged tax. At first I thought it was a loophole because I thought I was using my existing credit, but I'm actually using the pre-order $15 credit. Looks like the credit is taken from the price and therefore since the price is $0, there is no tax.

Item(s) Subtotal: $6.47
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$3.47
Your Coupon Savings: -$3.00
-----
Total Before Tax: $0.00
Sales Tax: $0.00
-----
Total for This Shipment: $0.00

#58 porieux

porieux

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:19 PM

I placed my order for Borderlands 2 on Sep 4 and they charged me tax when it shipped.

#59 drtomoe123

drtomoe123

OBJECTION!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:46 PM

Tennessee starts charging tax in 2014, and I'll keep using amazon. Only stores around me within a 20 minute drive is a walmart and a gamestop, and both have no selection and usually I can get stuff cheaper even after paying tax on amazon. So no gas spent, no hassle of interstate traffic, no idiots to deal with, amazon for me.

Here I am complaining about VA and KY tax, but that's nothing compared to TN. Good luck!

#60 kodave

kodave

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

I placed my order for Borderlands 2 on Sep 4 and they charged me tax when it shipped.

Amazon doesn't charge you for the order until the time it ships. The time when they charge you is the time to calculate the tax. I believe this has always been written on Amazon.Com (since they only "Estimate" the tax at the time of order) and I could have sworn someone else posted it somewhere in the first page of this thread.

So you were charged correctly, and user 62t was incorrect.