• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:58 AM

I saw shaddai as well so I'll skip WKC II and get that instead

I ended up doing the same thing. I also picked up all pro football 2k8.
Posted Image

#32 Megafrog

Megafrog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

Nice deal!

#33 EdgeOfThorns

EdgeOfThorns

God of RPGs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:29 PM

Perfect deal, was the price I was waiting for.

#34 SteveDaWonder

SteveDaWonder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:05 PM

If this game were an action RPG I would have grinded it through to the ground. Sadly it isn't. It's a lot like Final Fantasy 11, which I couldn't stand.
Posted Image

#35 Odinsfury

Odinsfury

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:22 PM

I don't see how you guys think this isn't an action RPG. Yeah you can't spam attacks but you move your character in real time. You have to wait for a circle to fill up which doesn't take that much time. Just because you can't spam attacks doesn't mean it's not action.

#36 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

N41. Thanks OP.

#37 kupomogli

kupomogli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

Don't believe all the bad hype this game is getting. It's a great game. While the second game is pretty much just going back through every area you've been to and some other new ones, playing through the first game will be really enjoyable and if you like the game then the second and the online will be enjoyable.

The online is still very active. Most guilds are more active than others, but the top 100 guilds together probably have a thousand to a couple thoussand daily players.

If you don't get the gameplay so don't really enjoy it, then the online might not be for you. With the online though, once you increase your ranking above GR18 you'll be on far harder quests than anything on the story mode. The enjoyment you'll get out of playing through the quests and guild is getting more powerful equipment and using the best combination of attacks to attack every enemy with their weakness and trying to master playing as your chosen class or even cross class(which requires you to switch weapons in mid combat.)

Aside from Valkyria Chronicles, it's the best console JRPG I've played this gen and it's worth getting. I don't really count Yakuza, Demon's/Dark Souls, as RPGs, but it's better than Star Ocean the Last Hope, Final Fantasy 13, Resonance of Fate, and Blue Dragon to me(haven't played anything else.)

#38 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

Got one, thanks op, now I gotta find the first one at this kind of price

#39 Nesmaster75

Nesmaster75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

Not sure if you want to get the first one to collect or not, but it's included as a remastered version in the second game. So you're getting both titles in this collection.
Posted Image

The O.C Re-runs on Soapnet
Remember The Black Donnellys? How about Saved?

#40 gospelman

gospelman

Irreducibly Complex

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

No, you dont. First game is included on the disc.

My Trade List Tomb Raider :360: download ($9)

#41 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

Not sure if you want to get the first one to collect or not, but it's included as a remastered version in the second game. So you're getting both titles in this collection.

No, you dont. First game is included on the disc.

Did not know that, thanks guys!

#42 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

Just a heads up. You can't unlock trophies from wk1 from that version, if that's your thing.

#43 Nesmaster75

Nesmaster75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:12 PM

Just a heads up. You can't unlock trophies from wk1 from that version, if that's your thing.

I actually didn't know that part. I played through the standalone game and I think I only unlocked one or two trophies anyways. This game definitely takes time if you're trophy hunting, that's for sure.
Posted Image

The O.C Re-runs on Soapnet
Remember The Black Donnellys? How about Saved?

#44 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

you can unlock the generic open a chest type trophies playing wk1 though but it counts towards the wk2 trophy set.

#45 Nightclam

Nightclam

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

Thanks for posting this. I got my order in over the weekend. I've been looking for this at a nice cheap price. Two games for one... Even if it's not the greatest I'm sure I'll find a way to have some fun with it...

#46 mtincher

mtincher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:56 AM

I have been tempted every time this gets to $15.99 but never bit. I finally bit now since it is $13.99. I thought it seemed decent based on gameplay videos.

#47 yobaburp

yobaburp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:03 AM

I hope there is a shortage on the 18th after everyone picks up there preorders. I'm counting on a problem at the factory or ibm fubaring on the cpu production.

#48 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:18 AM

Still in stock, despite the Slickdealing, hahah.

Can't resist checking it out at $14. :)

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#49 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:25 AM

Not sure if the price is right on this yet... if it were $10, I'd jump on it in a heartbeat

I'm with you on that. I've just heard too many mixed reactions on this one to test the waters at any price above $10.

#50 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:16 AM

Game is fun, free online, people still playing. Ii's two games in one. Plenty of value and not half bad a game either, people. ;)

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#51 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:36 AM

Yeah, this is an amazing deal for 14$. I paid full retail and loved it, I still have it and occasionally play from time to time. (Trying to get friends into buying it, then I'll restart too). From both games combined, I'd have to have atleast 600 hours, i know for sure i had 300+ in 1.

Honestly, the only reason I could see someone not liking the game is because its INSANELY grind reliant. In 2 theres a point you have to hit via playing online in order to be able to level further (Otherwise you get capped at 65 instead of 80)
Posted ImagePosted Image