Ask Me Anything: Borderlands 2

cigaro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Just popped my copy of Borderlands into my Xbox, and am about to dive into it. I will be on a dual monitor with the game, and my PC, so feel free to ask me anything and I will answer as best that I can

The soldier has the notable advantage of existing in a game at this point.

Mechromancer DLC ain't scheduled for a couple months yet.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']How is the Mechromancer compared to the Soldier?[/QUOTE]

Mechromancer won't be released until October 16th.

I was going to ask if that was a joke lol.

Anyways so far into the game, I am enjoying it. Seems a little slow, but it is understandable as they basically are pushing me through tutorials and what not.

I do like the writing a lot so far though.... I guess that is to be expected however. but I have constantly been smiling while playing.

1) How big is your initial inventory space? Do you receive additional SDUs by rescuing Clap Traps again?

2) Have they changed co-op to allow different leveled gamers a smoother experience?

3) Is there more of an engaging narrative this time around (i.e. cutscenes, dialogue choices, etc.)?

Got 2 people!

Ya 1 month after release still, hope I'm not done with the game by then.

Real question time,
How is the story improvement and/or quest log?
How is the inventory management system better?
Would you find it too grindy/repetitive to level up a 2nd or 3rd character?
Do any missions give skill points? I'm assuming level 50 cap right now, so only 45 points to spend sounds low, since there are lots more skills in this one.

[quote name='Bosamba']1) How big is your initial inventory space? Do you receive additional SDUs by rescuing Clap Traps again?

2) Have they changed co-op to allow different leveled gamers a smoother experience?

3) Is there more of an engaging narrative this time around (i.e. cutscenes, dialogue choices, etc.)?[/QUOTE]

Initial inventory space is ample I think. I cannot answer the SDU question as I have not come across that yet.

The co op is much better this time, with the big change being that when you are in co op you can choose to not advance the quests within your own story. So you are not always doing thse quests for your solo story if you do not want to. Loot, however, is free for all. So I feel that playing with randoms may cause some headaches.

Also, I think the narrative is awesome from what I have seen. Very funny, and very sharp. I have not come to a point in the game where I can choose my own dialogue though

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Got 2 people!

Ya 1 month after release still, hope I'm not done with the game by then.

Real question time,
How is the story improvement and/or quest log?
How is the inventory management system better?
Would you find it too grindy/repetitive to level up a 2nd or 3rd character?
Do any missions give skill points? I'm assuming level 50 cap right now, so only 45 points to spend sounds low, since there are lots more skills in this one.[/QUOTE]

I wasnt a big fan of borderlands, but this story is keeping me engaged. So I do feel they did a much better job, and I really like the way the quest log is set up. It feels very natural. I am more inclined to do other side quests because of it. hard to explain.

The inventory management is awesome because it comes up in front of your character when you access it, and buttons are quick to change things, etc. And you can see the difference it makes on your character in real time.

I dont want to speak on the repetiveness because I simply havent played enough to experience any, so I would rather not lead you in the wrong direction.

I have not come across quests that give skill points.

[quote name='DurbanBrown']any bonus for playing bonderlands 1 or anything like that?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can have it search for Borderlands 1 save data and it will give you some bonus customization options if you have.

Thank you very much for taking time out to answer my questions. I'm looking forward to tomorrow since this will be the first game I've bought day 1 since Mass Effect 3.

[quote name='cigaro']Yes you can have it search for Borderlands 1 save data and it will give you some bonus customization options if you have.[/QUOTE]
nice. cant wait till midnight

bread's done
Back