[DEAD] Borderlands 2 (360, PS3) $20 gift card In Store Tuesday only @Toys R Us

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

(Sway and I already posted this in the stickied thread up top but I made a new thread as I felt this was too good of a deal to not get more notice.)

On Tuesday, September 18 ONLY, :360::ps3: Borderlands 2 will receive another $10 gift card in addition to the $10 gift card previously mentioned in the ad when you purchase it in store.

http://trus.imageg.n...RU%20Roto%20SUC

This is the best deal if you're not Unlocked at Best Buy or if you'd rather have store credit at Toys R Us instead of Best Buy. I don't believe this will have the Premier Access Club included.

Edited by Bosamba, 19 September 2012 - 10:12 PM.

:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#2 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

Nice deal! I'm preordered at Best Buy though.

#3 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

I wish you could PM this easily at Best Buy. I am going to try still I think, but from what I hear it isn't that easy.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#4 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

I wish you could PM this easily at Best Buy. I am going to try still I think, but from what I hear it isn't that easy.

It's up to the manager of the store and how desperate they are on that day to hit numbers.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#5 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

I'm going to try to price match at Best Buy as well.

1st. $20 GC from TRU. If that doesn't work...
2st. $15 Coupon from Kmart. And as a last resort...
3rd. $10 GC from TRU

$20 in Reward Certs plus $20 in GC would be EXTREMELY nice.

#6 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

Alright I found the email but is there a way to get there through the website?

#7 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

If you're going to try & pm @ BB I'd suggest NOT DOING it in the gaming area since it's already YMMV(Tues only really sucks) & they will definitely quote that they're already offering $20 for the game. Even I won't be able to get this matched @ my goto BB since the manager that does it is also in the GC. But I can't complain after scoring Persona 4, Risen 2, Amazing Spider-man, Lego Batman 2, Darksiders 2, Max Payne 3, Ghost Recon Future soldier & Transformers FOC for $240(via TRU 2 for $60 pm).

@ aShufflinZombie
Wouldn't $60 cash/credit for the game & $20 credit beat 1, 2 or 3 even w/o the $10/$20 GC? Not to mention the $20 cash/credit you'll get back via pm. For an end result of $40 + 420 credit.

Edited by Enuf, 18 September 2012 - 05:53 AM.

#8 wwe101

wwe101

waiting for hitman 5

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

(Sway and I already posted this in the stickied thread up top but I made a new thread as I felt this was too good of a deal to not get more notice.)

On Tuesday, September 18 ONLY, :360::ps3: Borderlands 2 will receive another $10 gift card in addition to the $10 gift card previously mentioned in the ad when you purchase it in store.

http://trus.imageg.n...RU%20Roto%20SUC

This is the best deal if you're not Unlocked at Best Buy or if you'd rather have store credit at Toys R Us instead of Best Buy. I don't believe this will have the Premier Access Club included.

can multiple people use this coupon?
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
Mark Twain

http://t2.gstatic.co...8ymsP7Xj6V0L8o=

#9 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

Do I need to print that coupon?
Posted Image

#10 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

If you're going to try & pm @ BB I'd suggest NOT DOING it in the gaming area since it's already YMMV(Tues only really sucks) & they will definitely quote that they're already offering $20 for the game.

@ aShufflinZombie
Wouldn't $60 cash/credit for the game & $20 credit beat 1, 2 or 3 even w/o the $10/$20 GC? Not to mention the $20 cash/credit you'll get back via pm. For an end result of $40 + 420 credit.

I would probably be happy paying MSRP with cash at Gamestop, but I am a CheapAssGamer after all. :D

#11 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

can multiple people use this coupon?

Do I need to print that coupon?

*In-store purchase only. Quantities limited; no rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/2/13, except where prohibited. Limit one promotional Gift Card per guest. Offer expires 9/18/12. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Cannot be combined with any other offer.
One coupon per Guest.
While supplies last. No substitutions or rain checks. Not valid on prior purchases.
Must be surrendered at time of purchase. Only original coupons accepted.
Void where prohibited. Valid USA only. Cash value 1/100 of 1ยข

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#12 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

Thanks, will print out at work tomorrow.
Posted Image

#13 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

I would probably be happy paying MSRP with cash at Gamestop, but I am a CheapAssGamer after all. :D

Unless you have the ulimate loot edition @ GS I'm completely confused...
1- You know there's a 110% Trade in bonus @ BB?
2- You know there's a GS to BB flip thread?
3- You know GS has a b2g1(all games now limited stores/b2g1 $15 or less Wii games?
4- You know there's like 8 games which you could easily turn $60 @ GS into much more(over $100) @ BB?

If you've answered no to any of these ?'s you're not yet fully efficient CAG. But do what works for you.

#14 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

Is this through email or will there be a print ad. My bestbuy will usually price match, as long as there is an actual print ad.

#15 cheeky

cheeky

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

Pretty good deal.

#16 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

good deal will be stopping by TRU

#17 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

Unless you have the ulimate loot edition @ GS I'm completely confused...
1- You know there's a 110% Trade in bonus @ BB?
2- You know there's a GS to BB flip thread?
3- You know GS has a b2g1(all games now limited stores/b2g1 $15 or less Wii games?
4- You know there's like 8 games which you could easily turn $60 @ GS into much more(over $100) @ BB?

If you've answered no to any of these ?'s you're not yet fully efficient CAG. But do what works for you.

I meant as in worst case scenario, I would go there.

1. Yes. 100 plus unlocked (10)
2. Yes. Burned through almost all GS credit.
3. Yes. And if I flip Dora or something I will look like a weirdo.
4. I have already flipped all the higher value games to Best Buy and don't want to risk a ban.

#18 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:37 AM

3- who cares if you look like a weirdo if it's a good flip? iv gone to gamestop and got 3 copies of magical carnival horsie rider and beastly frantic foto. do you really care what gamestop employees think of you? lol

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#19 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:01 AM

But I can't complain after scoring Persona 4, Risen 2, Amazing Spider-man, B:AC GOTY, Darksiders 2, Transformers FOC...for 2 for $30.

How did you manage that?

#20 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:06 AM

I meant as in worst case scenario, I would go there.

1. Yes. 100 plus unlocked (10)
2. Yes. Burned through almost all GS credit.
3. Yes. And if I flip Dora or something I will look like a weirdo.
4. I have already flipped all the higher value games to Best Buy and don't want to risk a ban.

I did too but I still used cash b/c some of the flips combined with my extra 25% off coupon made it really easy to score points @ GS & BB on top of the credit. I went from 21,000 PUR points to 64,000 in a week. Granted I have my sister's, mom & girlfriends ID's so all the games are 12X vs 3X.

How did you manage that?

TRU 2 for $60 PM @ BB. The TRU is right around the corner from BB & the store manager there knows I won't hesitate to drop $300-$500 on games depending on the sale & he's not gonna let me spend it next door either. So I brought the TRU ad in & said "if you're matching I'm buying" he went away for 2-3 minutes & came back & said your good. I picked out all the games they had that I wanted, brought them to CS & he & one other supervisor helped the cashier w/overrides. Funny thing is they rang it up crazy by charging me $59.98 for 1 game & $0.01 for the 2ns. they also did each set on a different receipt.

I saw lots of CAG were able to get the same pm @ BB but only for the games listed in the ad, I'd think others could've gotten the same match as me but would've needed to be willing to spend at least $250.

#21 Guest_trashyexclusion_*

Guest_trashyexclusion_*

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

If only this deal was out a week earlier I'v already pre-ordered it!
http://www.discountc...s.uni.me/order/

#22 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

If only this deal was out a week earlier I'v already pre-ordered it!
http://www.discountc...s.uni.me/order/

Get it from Toys R Us today, take the Toys R Us copy and return it to wherever your pre-ordered from (after you've claimed Premier Club/ Arena codes of course).

#23 madcyantist

madcyantist

Impulsive Buyer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:42 PM

Can anyone confirm the coupons will stay good through BLOPS2 rls?

#24 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:44 PM

The coupon is just for today...

edit: Unless you mean gift card then no idea, sorry
Posted Image

#25 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:48 PM

I thought the promo gift card is good until 02/02/2013.

If the last two COD releases at TRU are any indication they've had great deals.

For black ops it was buy one $59.99 game get either a $15/$20GC (Can't remember which) but if you bought two you got a $50 GC and they also gave out free t-shirts.

For MW3 it was I think $20GC and a free replica MW3 jeep.

So if you are planning on picking up Borderlands 2 with the intent of using the Gift Card on Black ops 2 I'd say that is a pretty good plan

#26 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

For black ops it was buy one $59.99 game get either a $15/$20GC (Can't remember which) but if you bought two you got a $50 GC and they also gave out free t-shirts.

So if you are planning on picking up Borderlands 2 with the intent of using the Gift Card on Black ops 2 I'd say that is a pretty good plan

I bought one of those jeeps for a penny on Black Friday :)

#27 madcyantist

madcyantist

Impulsive Buyer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

Ah, sweet! Thanks :)

#28 oper00

oper00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

will anyone report if they were able to PM this with BB?

#29 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

will anyone report if they were able to PM this with BB?

my BB said, no. they only PM prices not promos.

#30 foster_work

foster_work

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

I was able to PM this at my BB (Irving, TX #1032) today.

I had called the store manager yesterday and he said no problem. He's not working today, but he said to just drop his name (Cameron) and they'd put it through.

They didn't even bother with the GC, they just took $20 off the game.

I did take a print-out of the TRU coupon with me.

Photo included.

Posted Image