Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#3751 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

Yeah, that's the weird thing. Hosts don't know everything. They might have been told "all DLC" and just wikied some info without actually checking.

I don't see the weapon/armor pack listed on amazon though at all.

I did find it odd they focused on the weapons when the Naros and Kel DLC would be the bigger sellers IMO.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#3752 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

Heh, you can tell from their comments they don't really know. I followed the development of KoA:R pretty closely a while back and I am pretty certain the Oblivion guy isn't the "LEAD" developer as they said.

#3753 Cloulien

Cloulien

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

Yeah, that's the weird thing. Hosts don't know everything. They might have been told "all DLC" and just wikied some info without actually checking.

I don't see the weapon/armor pack listed on amazon though at all.

I did find it odd they focused on the weapons when the Naros and Kel DLC would be the bigger sellers IMO.

I could absolutely see that being the case here. The hosts do seem a little out there. So I am not sure I would trust them 100% on anything when they say something because they don’t seem to know what’s going on around them at all. They can’t even seem to look at the right camera and seem a little befuddled at times. I am not sure I like them as hosts but this is only my first time watching so I will reserve my judgment.

Games I Have For Sale/Trade:

Spoiler

Private Message me or add me on steam for more information if you are interested
gallery_474050_8161_38387.jpggallery_474050_8161_119930.jpg

#3754 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

Heh, you can tell from their comments they don't really know. I followed the development of KoA:R pretty closely a while back and I am pretty certain the Oblivion guy isn't the "LEAD" developer as they said.

Ken Rolston was Lead Creative Visionary for KOA:R, whatever the heck that means...

#3755 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

I wrote a full blown review a bit ago for KOA: Reckoning - Legend of Dead Kel DLC.
While I did like the base game of KOA: Reckoning (base game) A LOT (hell, I spent over 70+ hours with it!), that particular Dead Kel DLC really stood out as something VERY special; ESPECIALLY for a DLC.

Oddly enough, never wrote a full-blown review for KOA: Reckoning (base game).
I never touched Naros, though - and I really should, some time down the line.

For $12, KOA: Reckoning Pack (KOA:R + Dead Kel DLC + Naros DLC) is an INSANE deal.

#3756 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

I could absolutely see that being the case here. The hosts do seem a little out there. So I am not sure I would trust them 100% on anything when they say something because they don’t seem to know what’s going on around them at all. They can’t even seem to look at the right camera and seem a little befuddled at times. I am not sure I like them as hosts but this is only my first time watching so I will reserve my judgment.

They definitely need a lot of work. They aren't comfortable in front of the camera, not completely knowledgeable on what they are selling, and don't come off as genuinely enthusiastic about what they are selling/doing.

Seems like the picked two people to do it and they are just getting used to it. You never know, they could improve and develop some chemistry. So far the show itself has not been entertaining at all, but since people just watch for the deals then it's not a big issue.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#3757 aa.jetta

aa.jetta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Actually preordered Amalur on Steam. Been waiting for a sale on the DLC for ages now. Didn't feel like waiting any longer and bought the package for $12. Now to see if there's some way I can transfer my save.

Judging by the actual pack on amazon, I'm not going to hold my breath for the weapons and armor pack they continued to plug, unless it's somehow bundled with the base game.

#3758 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Amazon should hire ex-gamespot Jane Douglas and Seb Ford to host this instead. :) I don't know what's up with Gamespot, their shows are getting really spotty and regular episodes of things like Quoted for Truth aren't coming out anymore...Maybe Tony can forward this on to the powers that be...Those 2 had a funner dynamic.

#3759 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

LOL, all the peeps on the GameSpot live stream channel are mad because it's Origin.
What is wrong with people!?
Must be the same crowd holding out for BF3 on STEAM.

LOL!!!
Most of us here know - EA games (from 3rd parties) DO NOT activate on Steam.
EA been trying to force Origin onto people for A LONG TIME.

#3760 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

LOL!!!
Most of us here know - EA games (from 3rd parties) DO NOT activate on Steam.

Except we always have to answer this question every other page :lol:

Does KB/M work well with KoA or should I plug in a controller?

P.S. Oh snap! I'm a CAG Vet now, yay!

Edited by Seraphym, 02 November 2012 - 10:09 PM.

#3761 wankerjr

wankerjr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

Wound up buying the Amalur pack despite it being Origin. Awesome deal!

#3762 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

FYI the pack only includes the 2 paid DLCs listed in the bundle Naros and Kel.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#3763 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

Been looking for a deal on the Dr. Who games. How are they? Anyone here play them yet?

I have played the first episode so far, this is my impression: the voice acting is top notch I think the actors from the show lend their voices to the game but I'm not sure so don't call me on that. The game looks ok for an adventure game, the character models look great(especially the Dalek), the environments lack detail and are pretty straight forward and linear so there is no exploration involved. The puzzles which they are only three different kinds(match the symbols, connect the wires, move object through maze) are simple and repetitive, this wouldn't be so bad if the game didn't kept shoving them at you. There are collectibles in the form of trading cards that are littered in the levels(really easy to find) which tell you more about the characters and story from the tv shows. Not a bad game especially for the price but I would only recommended it to Doctor Who fans

AnQAzfm.png

#3764 monkeyz

monkeyz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

I would like to know as well becuase I am on the fence on this one. Can someone convince me and Tony can we get confirmation on the Weapons and Armor DLC because they said it was included on the show but I only see the base game, Naros DLC, and Dead Kel DLC.

Tony just confirmed it does not include the weapons and armor dlc.

Cheers,
Tony

#3765 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks for confirming Tony. Not sure if this will be an issue for the non-CAGs, but the hosts of the show spent most of their time on KoA emphasizing the Weapon and Armor DLC and all the weapons you get with it,

#3766 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

:cry:

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#3767 monkeyz

monkeyz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

Thanks for confirming Tony. Not sure if this will be an issue for the non-CAGs, but the hosts of the show spent most of their time on KoA emphasizing the Weapon and Armor DLC and all the weapons you get with it,

Yeah it seems like there was some kind of miscommunication somewhere on the lines, b/c even Tony seemed to indicate it was all the DLC.

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=2471

I realize this was done all in advance and such and is still and awesome deal but yeah.

#3768 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

Is the Weapons and Armor DLC available through Origin, then? I can't find it on Amazon DVG.

#3769 LCAWC

LCAWC

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

Damn, I bought KoA in a previous sale on Amazon, but it didn't come with the DLC. Wish there was a separate sale for the DLC for those of us that already purchased KoA.

#3770 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

Yeah it seems like there was some kind of miscommunication somewhere on the lines, b/c even Tony seemed to indicate it was all the DLC.

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=2471

I realize this was done all in advance and such and is still and awesome deal but yeah.

My bad dude, whenever I say "All DLC" I mean "All DLC that we sell" I'll make sure to be more explicit in the future. If we don't carry it, we can't distribute it :(.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#3771 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

Cheers,
Tony

KOA:R + Kel + Naros for $12 = STILL A BLOODY STEAL.
I spent over 70+ hours w/ KOA:R (base game) - really good game.
Spent around 10 hours w/ Dead Kel DLC - one of the best DLC's I've ever played.
Ain't touched Naros, though.

#3772 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

already played KOA a while ago...not really interested in going back for dlc. Nice deal if you dont have it though
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#3773 monkeyz

monkeyz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

My bad dude, whenever I say "All DLC" I mean "All DLC that we sell" I'll make sure to be more explicit in the future. If we don't carry it, we can't distribute it :(.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony,

It's all good lol, it was just some people were saying how on the show they actually talked about the weapons + armor pack, and yes it makes sense that its all dlc you carry so no hard feelings, it's all good. THis is still by far the best price ever seen on this so that is a well deserved :applause: for working a deal on it. Keep up the good work Tony.

-monkeyz

P.S. basically my sentiment is that of yangwenli's

... but the show hosts should research a bit more to at least look like they know what they are selling <laugh>.

and we realize you didn't set up the hosts or show, presumably, that was gamespot, but if they wish to do amazon a solid they should at least know what they are talking about :lol: .

#3774 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

I didn't even know the Armor and Weapons DLC existed until they mentioned it on the show...I doubt it's a big game changer, only the completionist in us wants to get "ALL" DLC if possible like for DA:U or something. :)

I picked it up either way, I doubt I'd miss what's in the weapons/armor, but the show hosts should research a bit more to at least look like they know what they are selling <laugh>.

I suppose gamers turned tv person is much harder to find than actors turned gamers.

#3775 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

Cheers,
Tony

It's all good, Tony. Thanks for the clarification. For what it's worth, I'm going to buy it :)

#3776 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

I didn't even know the Armor and Weapons DLC existed until they mentioned it on the show...I doubt it's a big game changer, only the completionist in us wants to get "ALL" DLC if possible like for DA:U or something. :)

I picked it up either way, I doubt I'd miss what's in the weapons/armor, but the show hosts should research a bit more to at least look like they know what they are selling <laugh>.

I suppose gamers turned tv person is much harder to find than actors turned gamers.

Exactly. I don't think anyone here is upset it's not there or even expected it there since you told us about the deal and what it included beforehand. I just imagine it might be a mess for Amazon CS or general sentiment amongst Gamespot viewers who watched and heard Weapons and Armor over and over again and then see it's not in the pack. So just future suggestion make sure the hosts know what they are selling! lol

#3777 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

Exactly. I don't think anyone here is upset it's not there or even expected it there since you told us about the deal and what it included beforehand. I just imagine it might be a mess for Amazon CS or general sentiment amongst Gamespot viewers who watched and heard Weapons and Armor over and over again and then see it's not in the pack. So just future suggestion make sure the hosts know what they are selling! lol

No I totally agree, we hav ea feedback call on Monday...feedback will be provided lol.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#3778 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

I have played the first episode so far, this is my impression: the voice acting is top notch I think the actors from the show lend their voices to the game but I'm not sure so don't call me on that. The game looks ok for an adventure game, the character models look great(especially the Dalek), the environments lack detail and are pretty straight forward and linear so there is no exploration involved. The puzzles which they are only three different kinds(match the symbols, connect the wires, move object through maze) are simple and repetitive, this wouldn't be so bad if the game didn't kept shoving them at you. There are collectibles in the form of trading cards that are littered in the levels(really easy to find) which tell you more about the characters and story from the tv shows. Not a bad game especially for the price but I would only recommended it to Doctor Who fans

Well, as a fan I think it would be a crime to pass on such a good deal. I guess I'll give them a try for this price.
Posted Image

#3779 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

Ugghh I can't believe I bought this...

I'm already pooped out on fantasy RPG with GW2 and Dark Souls -_-
Join the CAG's Steam Community HERE!
Posted Image

#3780 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

Hey Tony,

I just participated in a group buy (4-pack) for Forge. The key that's given is a retail key, so my question is: since you said that you'll be getting Steam keys soon, will you be distributing Steam keys to those who previously bought?

I just wanna make sure we get Steam keys and not just retail keys, thanks! =]

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png