Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#3901 ojaybaby

ojaybaby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

So do the Lego Games have online? From what I have read they do not.

This is really what is holding back my purchase.

#3902 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

Has anyone had any problems running these LEGO games on their PC? The warnings in the reviews for each worry me. I have Win7 64-bit, 4GB RAM, and an ATI HD 5850 mobile graphics card which runs games like a champ, but even I'm a little worried.

I have Windows 7 64-bit and a Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 and I never had any trouble running lego batman 2.

#3903 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

Thanks, folks. I should have been more specific and asked if there were bugs in the game that hampered gameplay. You know what? I'm just going to go all in because at these prices I can stomach a bug or two :)

#3904 taylynne

taylynne

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

I'm thinking about the lego pack, but I don't know if I'd like the harry potter games. I like the books, the movies were fine.. If it was with the lego star wars I would have picked it up no problem, no questions asked, no hesitations!

I think I'll just buy two copies of batman 2, and try to trade for harry potter games...

#3905 deadpool253

deadpool253

Lording in DOTA 2

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

I think I'll just buy two copies of batman 2, and try to trade for harry potter games...

If you like the books and movies then it's a no brainer and just get the pack. You would have to not like Lego games in the first place to avoid it. I don't even like harry potter all that much but I love Lego games.

Plus that last sentence makes it sound like your going to spend more money to get less, makes no sense

#3906 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

Great deal but I really wish the Lego games had Steam Achievements. Probably just wait until the 360 versions get dirt cheap.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3907 Devasive

Devasive

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

Just curious - why wasn't Lego Batman 1 included in this bundle? I realize that would have elevated the total price, but even so it seems like it would make sense to include all of the Harry Potter and Batman games together, instead of discounting the first one separately. Not complaining, just wondering why that was not what was done.

#3908 crimsonassassin

crimsonassassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

I cannot get Lego Batman 2 to even install. It says it is installing files in Steam but it seems to be doing nothing....and has been for over an hour.

#3909 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

So do the Lego Games have online? From what I have read they do not.

This is really what is holding back my purchase.

You were expecting multi-player death match or something?

#3910 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

You were expecting multi-player death match or something?

id assume online coop in addition to the local variety.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#3911 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

I'm thinking about the lego pack, but I don't know if I'd like the harry potter games. I like the books, the movies were fine.. If it was with the lego star wars I would have picked it up no problem, no questions asked, no hesitations!

I've only played the first Indiana Jones on 360 and HP 1-4 on the Wii but what I really liked about HP was that you got to zap things with different wand spells instead of bashing bad guys in close combat. Indy's whip was cool though.

Both games were much more fun playing with a partner than alone.

#3912 taylynne

taylynne

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

If you like the books and movies then it's a no brainer and just get the pack. You would have to not like Lego games in the first place to avoid it. I don't even like harry potter all that much but I love Lego games.

Plus that last sentence makes it sound like your going to spend more money to get less, makes no sense

ahh well I was planning to get two copies of batman 2 either way: one for myself, and one for my boyfriend.. though I guess we could just play it with one, hook it up to a tv screen and do the "split screen." (sounds like a lot more fun than playing on different pcs but over mic, but it'll hold of game play for a while until I'm on break)

I'll pick up the pack from what you and Palinn have said. I figure I'll enjoy it, and I'll go through those first.

Thanks to you both, I wouldn't have even thought of split screen on tv ><! And I was worried I wouldn't like the hp games at all.

id assume online coop in addition to the local variety.

It is just local co-op. Although, it'd be nice to have online, but the (dynamic) split screen is nice, imo.. at least it was in the lego star wars games.

#3913 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

Grabbed the bundle for the potter games and gave the batman to a friend since I already had it. :D wouldn't mind seeing an Indiana Jones and star wars lego bundle Tony.

#3914 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

grabbed the bundle for the potter games and gave the batman to a friend since i already had it. :D wouldn't mind seeing an indiana jones and star wars lego bundle tony.

+1

#3915 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

Tony I think those of us that buy this Lego bundle should get some kinda of coupon for the upcoming Lego Lord of the Rings :D

#3916 taylynne

taylynne

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

Tony I think those of us that buy this Lego bundle should get some kinda of coupon for the upcoming Lego Lord of the Rings :D

Would be awesome, I'd love to pick this game up!

#3917 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

I don't really have anything to say.

That phantom page was just driving me fucking insane.

#3918 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:08 AM

I don't really have anything to say.

That phantom page was just driving me fucking insane.

Funny thing is the phantom page only shows after about half the page fills up.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#3919 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

FYI guys the plan is to bring Amalur back again in November for at least a 24 hour sale, maybe longer :).

Cheers,
Tony

Awesome to hear, thanks! If at all possible, a day or two's early notice would be highly appreciated.

This. & thanks Tony.

On the edge about the LEGO pack.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#3920 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

Funny thing is the phantom page only shows after about half the page fills up.

Finally, you have explained why it disappears just to come back.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#3921 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:51 AM

The Amazon games library drives me insane. Every thing I download bumps me up to the top of the screen. Then it saves the downloader. Then you have to download from the downloader and keep track of what you've downloaded. Then you have to get the key, which once again bumps you to the top of the page.

I'm up to 80 items in my Amazon library, 70 of them since July. And it's already unmanageable.

#3922 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

The Amazon games library drives me insane. Every thing I download bumps me up to the top of the screen. Then it saves the downloader. Then you have to download from the downloader and keep track of what you've downloaded. Then you have to get the key, which once again bumps you to the top of the page.

I'm up to 80 items in my Amazon library, 70 of them since July. And it's already unmanageable.

Yeah, I have a lot of digital games in my Amazon library as well. I wish things were better organized via their digital download account page. It doesn't need to be a virtual shelf like GOG.com, but certainly something that allows me to see all my purchases at a glance would be nice.

Edited by NeoGutsman, 05 November 2012 - 06:10 AM.

#3923 cheaphuck

cheaphuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:20 AM

Any word on when the Lego sale ends?

#3924 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:31 AM

Any word on when the Lego sale ends?

It's the "Deal of the Week" ends next Saturday night.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#3925 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:31 AM

I guess I'm the only one who's buying the bundle for all the games in it, and probably buying Lego Batman 1 as well? (side note: will gladly trade for the Harry Potter games someone doesn't want if it can save me a few bucks; check out my post in the group buy thread). I try to think of it as collecting, not an addiction.

Question about the Lego games: Do they recognize a 360 controller, and how well do they play with mouse and keyboard?

I'll be buying the pack for all 3 games, but I already have LB1 (have yet to play it, though).

Adding on to the controller question: Has anyone tried doing the local co-op with two controllers on the same PC? What I'd really like to do is to haul my gaming rig upstairs on some upcoming snowy weekend, hook it up to the big TV, and have a Lego Game-a-Thon with my wife. The Harry Potters (and the imminent Lego LOTR) will be at the top of the playlist, for sure.

Oh, and here's another request to add Lego Star Wars to the Amazon DVG stable. I'd much rather re-buy it on PC than have to drag my old PS2 out of its box the next time I get a hankering to pull some Stormtrooper's arms off.

#3926 puzurinsusinak

puzurinsusinak

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

I've played all the LEGO games in 2-player local co-op with 360 controllers on PC. It works well with no issues.

#3927 Greyghost

Greyghost

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

Okay, I know this has been covered over and over in this thread a million times and is in the OP and I should be beat with a wet noodle and all that for asking again yadda yadda but are we absotively posilutely 100% definitely for real for real sure that this Lego pack has Steam keys?

It doesn't specify anywhere on the page at all and that makes me really nervous to buy it.

This is the problem I have with Amazon, their pages are really generic and probably more geared for books. They don't always give me information that I consider vital to making a decision about a purchase as a gamer.

I shouldn't have to religiously follow a thread somewhere to get information that should be in the store page in the first place. It's also dumb on their part because they will probably lose customers who don't come to these forums and would want Steam keys but don't realize that's what they are giving because their page doesn't specify that at all.

And yes, I realize someone mentioned it way down on the page in a forum comment but that was from some random guy and is hardly an official source. I guess I'm just nitpicking here but I really want the store I'm buying from to give me all the information I am looking for, especially with regard to what other sites a game may or may not activate on and what DRM, if any, a game has in general.

I don't normally buy without that information and would really rather have it on the store page.

#3928 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

Okay, I know this has been covered over and over in this thread a million times and is in the OP and I should be beat with a wet noodle and all that for asking again yadda yadda but are we absotively posilutely 100% definitely for real for real sure that this Lego pack has Steam keys?

It doesn't specify anywhere on the page at all and that makes me really nervous to buy it.

This is the problem I have with Amazon, their pages are really generic and probably more geared for books. They don't always give me information that I consider vital to making a decision about a purchase as a gamer.

I shouldn't have to religiously follow a thread somewhere to get information that should be in the store page in the first place. It's also dumb on their part because they will probably lose customers who don't come to these forums and would want Steam keys but don't realize that's what they are giving because their page doesn't specify that at all.

And yes, I realize someone mentioned it way down on the page in a forum comment but that was from some random guy and is hardly an official source. I guess I'm just nitpicking here but I really want the store I'm buying from to give me all the information I am looking for, especially with regard to what other sites a game may or may not activate on and what DRM, if any, a game has in general.

I don't normally buy without that information and would really rather have it on the store page.

they do...if you go to the games individual pagesit states it on each

#3929 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

they do...if you go to the games individual pagesit states it on each

And to be very specific - right at the top by the product name

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
by Warner Bros
Rated: Everyone 10+ | DRM: Steam

Plus, I bought it already and activated all the games on Steam, so... there's that.

76561197971332172.png

#3930 tmwfte

tmwfte

Lovecraftian Colour Out of Space

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

You know how if you're buying a bundle on Steam and you want to find out about the individual games in that bundle you have to click through to the individual item's page?

Same concept here.