Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#4501 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

I don't know what you guys are talking about. As Americans we are entitled to receive the best deals with minimal effort!

#4502 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

Wait, so both Prototype games in the pack are Steam activated? I thought it was explicitly established that Prototype 1 wouldn't be, back when this was first announced and discussed. That's the only reason I picked it up when it was a special a week or two ago on Steam. If this was laid out and I just missed it, then my bad, it's on me. But if it wasn't, then the lack of communication on that definitely just cost a sale. The pack is awesome for $10, but I don't really want to rebuy half a two-game bundle.
Posted Image

#4503 SelmaBlair

SelmaBlair

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

Wait, so both Prototype games in the pack are Steam activated? I thought it was explicitly established that Prototype 1 wouldn't be, back when this was first announced and discussed. That's the only reason I picked it up when it was a special a week or two ago on Steam. If this was laid out and I just missed it, then my bad, it's on me. But if it wasn't, then the lack of communication on that definitely just cost a sale. The pack is awesome for $10, but I don't really want to rebuy half a two-game bundle.

When it was originally announced Tony said Prototype 1 wasn't steam but he would try to get steam keys which he ended up pulling off. I think the OP needs to be cleaned up and updated with information more often, I rarely ever check it because it's usually filled up with some random free to play game promotion or something similar.

#4504 The Nephilim

The Nephilim

The Troll King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

There's both a steam pack and a mixed pack...

#4505 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

There's a Mixed pack and Steam Pack.

Prototype 2 PC flat-out requires STEAM everywhere period. There's NO way around that. You're stuck with that.

Mixed pack = Prototype 1 has different DRM (it's not Steam).
Steam pack = ALL Prototype games use Steam here, including Prototype 1.

#4506 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

At the time you bought it...Tony didnt think they would be getting Steam keys for Prototype 1. When people were asking him to price match the Steam sale he said buy it on Steam if you want it on Steam...this bundle was going to be mixed DRM...Steam and non steam. It was only a few days before the bundle launched...and well after the Steam prototype sale that we found out that we could choose to get Steam keys for Prototype 1 if we wanted.

And I still have a Prototype 1 Steam key for 2.50 for anyone that wants it

#4507 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

Updating OP and title now btw.

Tony hasn't said anything about Black Friday yet has he? Dude is laying low.

You talking Nov 23rd Black Friday? Or the gamspot/amazon/twitchTV 2 hour Black Friday things?

If it's the former, Tony confirmed that the pack with Hearts Of Iron will be a Black Friday special.

I would also like to get a taste of what you have lined up for Black Friday, Tony.

Anything for Darksiders 2 or Sleeping Dogs?

I spent yesterday and am spending today actually setting up all the pricing for Black Friday in our systems. Once this is complete I'll start creating a guide on the OP.

Sorry for the delay, been super slammed actually getting the deals and documenting them.

Hey Tony

Apparently Space Rangers & Space Rangers 2 have been removed from steam. Both games are published by 1C (assuming that they haven't lost the rights to them) and would have been part of the 1C pack. Does their removal from Steam mean that they wont be part of that pack when you finally get it up & running?

Yeah it was a distribution rights thing. I'm not sure what the status is on us getting them back.

So wait, Prototype @ $9.99 is this week's DotW? Basically the Deal of the Week is something that was cheaper a few days ago?

Yeah, I'll pass. In fact, and I know I will get flamed all to hell on this but oh well, I think I'll pass on Amazon DD as a whole and stick with other stores where I don't have to follow a forum thread religiously to figure out what deals are going on when or end up having the deal of the week be more expensive than it was a couple of days prior.

http://www.hardwarev...Flash-Sales.jpg

http://www.impulsedr..._deadisland.jpg

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#4508 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

prototype 1 is badly ported too. cant even get it to run at higher res then 1280x720 :(

Running it at 5944x1080

Both Prototype 1 and 2 run fine for me

Specs:

Core i7 920 @4.25GHz
6GB DDR3 2025MHz RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6990 + HD 6970 in Tri-Fire CFx
5944x1080 resolution

fs_pc.png

#4509 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

Yeah, I was really surprised that we got them myself, and they came through literally about 2 days before the bundle went live.

I sincerely didn't think we'd get them.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#4510 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

So wait, Prototype @ $9.99 is this week's DotW? Basically the Deal of the Week is something that was cheaper a few days ago?

Yeah, I'll pass. In fact, and I know I will get flamed all to hell on this but oh well, I think I'll pass on Amazon DD as a whole and stick with other stores where I don't have to follow a forum thread religiously to figure out what deals are going on when or end up having the deal of the week be more expensive than it was a couple of days prior.

dont listen to this guy tony, keep up the good work. by far THE best rep ever on this site.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#4511 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

Have fun waiting for Steam Winter Sale. Maybe they'll have Metro 2033 for $4.99 again.

#4512 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

is this where we request deals?

Tony i don't ask for a lot but if amazon is available to price match or better yet top the Wifi Vita bundles this Black Friday, i'd love to see the AC:Liberation bundle go sub $200-- as a fan of the Assassin's Creed series and as someone with a large digital library of PSP games that aren't getting played because the battery in my fat first gen handheld lasts all but a half hour before dying

and i'm sure you get this all the time but we love what you're doing regardless of what requests are filled or not, thanks for all the hard work

Hey man,

Selma commented on this, but I have almost 0 visibility and even less influence into what is being planned on the physical side regarding promotions.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#4513 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

dont listen to this guy tony, keep up the good work. by far THE best rep ever on this site.

I don't think we need to post things like this every time somebody bashes Amazon PCDD.

Tony's not made of glass, you know. ;)

#4514 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

Running it at 5944x1080

Both Prototype 1 and 2 run fine for me

Specs:

Core i7 920 @4.25GHz
6GB DDR3 2025MHz RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6990 + HD 6970 in Tri-Fire CFx
5944x1080 resolution

Just played for a little over an hour w/ Prototype 2, according to Steam and Raptr.

I'm running Prototype 2 here on my PC:
i7 950; 1 GB of GF GTX 560 Ti; 8 GB RAM; Win 7 64-bit.

My performance is always above 30 FPS (that is good!) and maxes out at 60 FPS (great!), but it's all over the place b/t there (ugh!) - you can notice slight slow-downs and stutters when the framerate drops majorly...b/c so much is happening on-screen here & b/c this game is a huge seamless world. It's not crawling when it stutters (b/c you're not hitting below 25 FPS or in single digits), but you do notice it.

Honestly, games should have a built-in feature to lock it down at 30 FPS or a max 60 FPS cap - just in case gamers don't want the framerate jumping all over the place.

Yes, I'm using my X360 gamepad when playing this. If you like Prototype 1 - chances are, you're going to like Prototype 2: it feels like it's more of the same, basically.

And now, back to the game...

Edited by MysterD, 11 November 2012 - 05:01 PM.

#4515 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

I'm not buying the prototype pack at 9.99. In all honesty though, not sure I would have bought it at 7.50. I played through a good bit of the first one on 360 back when it first launched... and I just felt it to be too repetitive though. Honestly though... 9.99 is not a bad deal for both of these games if you are going to play them. Looking forward to whatever other Deals tony brings our way.
Posted Image

#4516 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

I don't think we need to post things like this every time somebody bashes Amazon PCDD.

Porcelain

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#4517 The Nephilim

The Nephilim

The Troll King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Anyone have any P2 issues where it will get stuck on the 1st loading screen and never do anything?
friend is having that issue but there doesn't seem to be a definite fix anywhere.

#4518 KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

He's a beautiful butterfly and we must protect him!

#4519 JamesJoyce

JamesJoyce

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

Either deal is fantastic for a game that came out at the end of July, and bundled with DLC and the predecessor. Honestly the deal is so good that I am seriously worried about the gaming industry - slashing your price like that 3.5 months after release seems a desperate move and not a sustainable practice. Who is going to pay full price for future releases if this pricing becomes common?

About the performance of Prototype 2: Runs flawless on highest settings at 1080p on my machine: i5-3570K@4GHz, 16GB Ram, Nvidia GTX570 1280GB.
From reading the forums people with AMD/ATI cards and people on low-end laptops (the latter are always very vocal) often seem to have problems though.

#4520 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

Hey man,

Selma commented on this, but I have almost 0 visibility and even less influence into what is being planned on the physical side regarding promotions.

Cheers,
Tony

Not with that attitude. Go storm the other side of the building and crack some heads.

Who is going to pay full price for future releases if this pricing becomes common?

A guy from EA said this once a year or so ago. They're still burning effigies of him over at Steam-Fans HQ.

#4521 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

Either deal is fantastic for a game that came out at the end of July, and bundled with DLC and the predecessor. Honestly the deal is so good that I am seriously worried about the gaming industry - slashing your price like that 3.5 months after release seems a desperate move and not a sustainable practice. Who is going to pay full price for future releases if this pricing becomes common?

About the performance of Prototype 2: Runs flawless on highest settings at 1080p on my machine: i5-3570K@4GHz, 16GB Ram, Nvidia GTX570 1280GB.
From reading the forums people with AMD/ATI cards and people on low-end laptops (the latter are always very vocal) often seem to have problems though.

what does flawless mean? FPS always above 60?

I get smooth 25-35 FPS average, and 60+ max. If you look at your gpu clock you will see that the game downclocks it (at least for me). A bad port, but I'm glad it works for some people.

#4522 SelmaBlair

SelmaBlair

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

I spent yesterday and am spending today actually setting up all the pricing for Black Friday in our systems. Once this is complete I'll start creating a guide on the OP.

Sorry for the delay, been super slammed actually getting the deals and documenting them.

I am excited.

#4523 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

Where's that Guy Fawkes-Jade Empire mashup when you want it?

#4524 Streetie

Streetie

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

Hi guys,

Is there any news on steam keys for far cry 3?

And maybe some of you know, whether the Deluxe Edition of Far Cry 3 will still be available after the game is released on the steamstore? ...or if it's only a pre-order thing.

with kindest regards

#4525 JamesJoyce

JamesJoyce

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

what does flawless mean? FPS always above 60?

I get smooth 25-35 FPS average, and 60+ max. If you look at your gpu clock you will see that the game downclocks it (at least for me). A bad port, but I'm glad it works for some people.

I have vsync on, so 60 fps is max for me. And the game mostly stays there, haven't noticed any severe drops. The GPU only downclocks for me during cinematics, at least according to afterburner.

Might not be the greatest port, but I've seen much worse. At least there are some graphics options to play with.

#4526 deletion

deletion

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

I'm not buying the prototype pack at 9.99. In all honesty though, not sure I would have bought it at 7.50. I played through a good bit of the first one on 360 back when it first launched... and I just felt it to be too repetitive though. Honestly though... 9.99 is not a bad deal for both of these games if you are going to play them. Looking forward to whatever other Deals tony brings our way.

was there a reason why it went from 7.50 to 9.99. was it a mistake at 7.50 the other day?
-----
Hey CAGs, Swagbucks is your friend!
I get at least 5 Bucks in Amazon giftcards a week.
Doesn't seem like a lot, but it adds up!

Posted Image

#4527 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

http://www.hardwarev...Flash-Sales.jpg

http://www.impulsedr..._deadisland.jpg

Cheers,
Tony

:-x @ Tony pointing out other digital stores ALSO doing Flash Sales.
NICE! ;)

Anyways, when you do those impulsive Amazon/GameSpot Flash Deals, will they always last for 2 hours or if they sell-out first?

And after seeing you post this from one of the crazy seasonal Steam sales...
Is Super SF4 Arcade going on sale soon? :P
Or any Capcom Bundles? :P

#4528 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

was there a reason why it went from 7.50 to 9.99. was it a mistake at 7.50 the other day?

Given how I've seen most Flash Deals from other digital sites...
...Limited Time "Flash Deals" for a certain short amount of time (up to a few hours) or a limited number of keys USUALLY are MUCH BETTER than most of digital store's normal Weekly Deals, Mid-Week Deals, and/or Weekend Deals.

I think the point of these "Flash Deals" is to make you be VERY impulsive and BUY NOW!

#4529 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

well it looks like i'm gonna have another game to my backlog lol
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#4530 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

Thanks Tony for getting steam codes for all the stuff in the Prototype pack, and looking forward to black friday sales.