Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#4591 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:55 AM

Tony, can we have a deal for 92% off this?
http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=28784

Spoiler

I'd rather ask for this @ 92% off:
Posted Image

#4592 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:57 AM

So I just ran Prototype 2 on my laptop and it played fine. I use integrated graphics, so I guess it is really hit or miss. How do you guys keep track of Frames Per Second? I'm sure mine are pretty slow but it's fine for me since I'm not much of a graphics person.

Run a freeware program like FRAPS in the background.
It'll overlay on most games.

#4593 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:05 AM

If only people were serialized... Then we could get rid of him forever. ;)

People ARE serialized. We just don't have to input our deoxyribonucleic acid-based serial numbers when signing up at CAG.

I'm gonna need you to explain all of that again but I want you to draw it out into 10 paragraphs instead of 2. I'm also going to need you to explain the psychology behind it all.

I'll give you until tomorrow to turn it in.

Hello Tony, whats happening? Ummm, I'm gonna need you to go ahead and come in tomorrow. So if you could be here around 9 that would be great, mmmk... oh oh! and I almost forgot ahh, I'm also gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday too, kay.

Whatever happened to that THQ bundle? Was mentioned nearly 20 pages back, and skimming through I didn't see it get brought up again. Was it a flash deal, or still incoming?

Still incoming. Dates still unknown.

#4594 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:05 AM

Run a freeware program like FRAPS in the background.
It'll overlay on most games.

DLing now. Thanks.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4595 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

This is Cheap Ass Gamer, and people are being criticized for being cheap asses? Maybe that guy had a bad attitude, you can criticize him for that, but wanting to save $2.50 is a place we've all been.

#4596 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:43 AM

This is Cheap Ass Gamer, and people are being criticized for being cheap asses?

No, he was criticized for being whiny. Saying "Darn, I missed it" is something we can all relate to. Saying "I missed it and you're all stupid-heads and I'll never shop with you AGAIN!" is cause for someone to laugh at you.

#4597 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:43 AM

People ARE serialized. We just don't have to input our deoxyribonucleic acid-based serial numbers when signing up at CAG.

A small number of people may fail this. Some people are chimeras (composed of cells of more than one fertilized egg, thus have at least two DNA profiles). The wiki entry is a little out of date but gives you an idea.

#4598 DeliveryPizza

DeliveryPizza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:04 AM

Whatever happened to that THQ bundle? Was mentioned nearly 20 pages back, and skimming through I didn't see it get brought up again. Was it a flash deal, or still incoming?

I think it's going to run sometime this week if I remember correctly. But I haven't seen it mentioned since last week.

#4599 Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

I can't wait for the THQ bundle. I don't own any of the games in it.

#4600 TimeBomb

TimeBomb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

FYI, I just completed the Prototype 2 storyline after playing the game for a combined 12 hours. I did some of the side missions, i.e. blacknet, but not all of them. The game says I'm 80% completed.
Do note that I played the game on Easy, so it may take someone on normal another hour or two to complete it.

Overall, good game. Good storyline, although the length was short enough to be moderately disappointing. I would have been quite disappointed if I paid $50 or $60 for a game that only has 12 hours of main content. $7.50 or $10 though? Good deal.

#4601 DeliveryPizza

DeliveryPizza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

I can't wait for the THQ bundle. I don't own any of the games in it.

Same here. I was really stoked when I saw the six games that were in it, because I have passed on a lot of them in the past.

#4602 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:52 AM

Same here. I was really stoked when I saw the six games that were in it, because I have passed on a lot of them in the past.

Same here. When is that awesome bundle coming? :applause:

#4603 voldak

voldak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:52 AM

Which one of the previously referenced bundles is the THQ bundle?

edit: Nevermind I went back and found it

I am also wondering if these will all be activated on steam. I am a little TOO excited about this bundle.

#4604 jw430

jw430

Some say...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

For those asking about the THQ bundle and other upcoming deals, here's some quotes from Tony

We don't sell Bethesda content digitally yet :(.
Also, I've got another upcoming bundle for you guys to look at:

$9.99 for:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
Metro 2033
Red Faction Guerrilla
Homefront
Red Faction Armageddon
Space Marine
Right now all of these are Steam keys (individual keys when you buy the bundle) except for Stalker and Guerrilla. There is a high chance we'll get those as Steam keys.

I'm still locking down a date but it'll likely happen sometime next week.
I'm pretty pumped about this one :).
Cheers,
Tony

Oh also, around Black Friday, we'll have this bundle for $9.99:

WB Kombat Pack:
Lord of the Rings: War In The North
Mortal Kombat Kollection
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY

Cheers,
Tony

Also,
We got the $5 coupon promo approved again :). It'll start around Black Friday. For those of you who don't remember it, MysterD loved it and can probably describe it for you.
Also Black Friday will include this bundle for $7.49:

• [FONT="]Victoria Franchise[/FONT]
  • [FONT="]Hearts of Iron III Collection[/FONT]
  • [FONT="]King Arthur Collection[/FONT]
  • [FONT="]King Arthur II[/FONT]
  • [FONT="]Achtung Panzer 1943[/FONT]
  • [FONT="]Gettysburg Armored Warfare[/FONT]

Cheers,
Tony

Hey guys,
Sorry for the delayed responses, I've had my head down prepping for Black Friday.
More info to come soon. On ME3, right now, for Black Friday, we're planning on a discount on the Trilogy but not any individual ME titles by themselves.
Cheers,
Tony

The DLC won't be included, and the THQ bundle is going to be part of the Gamespot show first (next week) and then, if it performs well, part of the Deal of the Week shortly thereafter.

Full transparency time, sometimes, getting these bundles approved requires a leap of faith on the other side of the fence. In order to make this leap less scary I've been pitching the 2 hour deal as a way to see how customers respond before committing to a full 24,48,72 hour deal or deal of the week.

I've got a couple stupid awesome deals lined up to test this way. The ones that do well will get repeats and likely more cool bundles from the publishers involved, the ones that don't do awesome will fade away...like dust in the wind :).

Cheers,
Tony

#4605 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

FYI confirmation that the THQ bundle will be ALL steam. It will debut as part of one of the 2 hour Friday deals. It will either come back at the same price for a DOTW shortly after, or it will never be seen from again. The outcome is 100% dependent on how it does in those 2 hours. Again, this is an example of being able to get a killer deal as a function of limiting the time exposure to test the market. It worked remarkably well with Prototype (thanks for those who asked) so I'm hoping to see an awesome level of performance, we'll see :).

EDIT: Forgot to mention, and I'll add to OP:

Starts 11/13:

Darksiders II: $16.99
Darksiders II Season Pass: $6.79

Go nuts!

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#4606 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

$10 for the entire bundle AND they're ALL Steam? Sold, sold, and more sold. I'm positive that the bundle will do incredibly well.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#4607 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that bundle will go crazy. I only really need Red Faction Guerilla and Space Marine, so if anyone doesn't need those feel free to hit me up.

That said, definitely emailing some people about this one and expect plenty of sales.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4608 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

Awesome WB deal, really hyped. Is the $5 promo going to be paired with it?

Not sure about THQ, really want Homefront, already have Shadow from when it was $1, not sure I need the other ones. Choices :(

#4609 frankie007

frankie007

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

I have searched the thread but did not find the answer, can anyone tell me the specific time when Gamestop show starts?

I know it is friday afternoon, but would like to set an alert so that I don't miss it ;)

Thanks!

#4610 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

I have searched the thread but did not find the answer, can anyone tell me the specific time when Gamestop show starts?

I know it is friday afternoon, but would like to set an alert so that I don't miss it ;)

Thanks!

2 p.m. PDT
4 p.m. CDT
5 p.m. EDT

Also it is on Gamespot.com, not gamestop. Always on front page of GAMESPOT.COM on fridays:)

#4611 rasvelen

rasvelen

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

FYI confirmation that the THQ bundle will be ALL steam. It will debut as part of one of the 2 hour Friday deals. It will either come back at the same price for a DOTW shortly after, or it will never be seen from again. The outcome is 100% dependent on how it does in those 2 hours. Again, this is an example of being able to get a killer deal as a function of limiting the time exposure to test the market. It worked remarkably well with Prototype (thanks for those who asked) so I'm hoping to see an awesome level of performance, we'll see :).

Starts 11/13:

Go nuts!

Cheers,
Tony

I love you Tony! No homo.

Edited by rasvelen, 12 November 2012 - 09:56 AM.
period

#4612 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

Starts 11/13:

Go nuts!

Cheers,
Tony

Stop tempting me!

Just kidding, keep tempting me. I love it!

#4613 frankie007

frankie007

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

2 p.m. PDT
4 p.m. CDT
5 p.m. EDT

Also it is on Gamespot.com, not gamestop. Always on front page of GAMESPOT.COM on fridays:)

Thanks georgebot84! :)

I knew it was Gamespot hehe just a typing mistake :lol:

#4614 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

We'll have Steam keys for the games that have Steam counterparts (I think). Need to check with Paradox.

Cheers,
Tony

Just a quick question Tony regarding the Paradox pack you announced a while ago. Any word on whether or not the pack will include Steam keys for all games which are available on Steam?

Thanks!

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#4615 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

Starts 11/13:

Go nuts!

Cheers,
Tony

Any chance Darksiders II ends up in a bundle/pack during Black Friday/December sales either with the first game or other THQ offerings?

#4616 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

We don't sell Bethesda content digitally yet :(.

Also, I've got another upcoming bundle for you guys to look at:

$9.99 for:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
Metro 2033
Red Faction Guerrilla
Homefront
Red Faction Armageddon
Space Marine

Right now all of these are Steam keys (individual keys when you buy the bundle) except for Stalker and Guerrilla. There is a high chance we'll get those as Steam keys.

I'm still locking down a date but it'll likely happen sometime next week.

I'm pretty pumped about this one :).

Cheers,
Tony

I'm not really a PC gamer but I'd totally be all over this.

Posted Image

#4617 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

Yeah. If that bundle does come with steam key for stalker I'll be in for one for that game and space marine. Already have metro and homefront... the others don't interest me that much... but even still 5 a piece for those two games ain't bad at all.

Okay so reading back the whole bundle is steam. In for one.
Posted Image

#4618 Lazy_Bum

Lazy_Bum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

First I would like to say thank you for all your hard work Tony because without you and your awesome deals I probably would have never taken the plunge into the world of pc gaming. Also I apologize if people have asked you this before but have you ever done build a bundle type of deals before?
dieboltdesigns.wordpress.com

#4619 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

First I would like to say thank you for all your hard work Tony because without you and your awesome deals I probably would have never taken the plunge into the world of pc gaming. Also I apologize if people have asked you this before but have you ever done build a bundle type of deals before?

they kind of did with a bunch of DRM free ubisoft games, I got far cry 2 and splinter cell double agent for $5.

Hand__Of__God.png

#4620 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

wow great deal on the THQ bundle, too bad I already own every game on it except for Homefront. Tony, is Syndicate for $5 still coming on black friday?

T9rTk6Q.gif