Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#4681 Meatyflakes

Meatyflakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Hmm, wonder if Steam will have some sort of Darksiders II midweek sale, maybe with a bundle, starting today to try and usurp some sales from Amazon and GMG. :-k

It's the same price over at Gamefly too, so I wouldn't be surprised.

#4682 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

Agreed, can also see it dropping to the $10 mark hopefully by christmas time

If it's a game you're interested in, I would buy it now. THQ's financials are getting worse, and there's a non-zero chance they'll be going under.

http://www.polygon.c...credit-facility
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#4683 breakingadam

breakingadam

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

Agreed, can also see it dropping to the $10 mark hopefully by christmas time

Yeah, me too. And, as much as I'd love to give THQ more money to stay in business, I've already bought Darksiders 1, Saints Row 2, Saints Row the 3rd, Space Marine, You don't know Jack, Homefront, and Metro 2033 this year. I think I've done my part. :lol:

#4684 breakingadam

breakingadam

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

If it's a game you're interested in, I would buy it now. THQ's financials are getting worse, and there's a non-zero chance they'll be going under.

It is really sad. I really like THQ as a whole. I know the big franchises/studios they own will be sold off to other publishers and will survive, but it just sucks seeing a major publisher like THQ go down. Makes me feel for all their employees, and worry about the video games industry in general. Oh well, I'll keep buying games and hopefully all the other publishers/studios will keep finding ways to make money, keep people employed, and continue making games.

Edited by breakingadam, 13 November 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#4685 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

Yes, but I'd imagine that their games would quickly become available through another publisher who buys their rights, wouldn't you think? I find the odds of their catalogue becoming unavailable for too long of a period of time unlikely, but you never know.

#4686 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#4687 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

Yes, but I'd imagine that their games would quickly become available through another publisher who buys their rights, wouldn't you think? I find the odds of their catalogue becoming unavailable for too long of a period of time unlikely, but you never know.

We have no idea what the rights are for things, even IP's they own. There can be a chance that the studio that developed or makes game for xxx IP has some contractual ties to it even though it is fully owned by THQ. Chances are most if not all their games should be able to be put up by another publisher but we just don't know. It could take awhile to see the games rereleased because the new owner has to go through each game and do changes as well, and for some games they might feel it simply is not worth it. So his advice is solid and sound, if you want it, might want to buy it now when you know you can get it, because we don't know if/when it will be removed and if/when it will come back.

#4688 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

Bingo.

#4689 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

http://slickdeals.ne...79-Starts-11-13

Thanks Xanchui :).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#4690 rasvelen

rasvelen

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

Apparently Darksiders II is now on sale on Steam also. Meh, still going to buy from Amazon. :)

#4691 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

Apparently Darksiders II is now on sale on Steam also. Meh, still going to buy from Amazon. :)

Look at you, keeping food on my table!

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#4692 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Black Friday/Christmas bundle of Darksiders 1/Darksiders 2/DLC for $15, imo~

#4693 DropZite

DropZite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

Black Friday/Christmas bundle of Darksiders 1/Darksiders 2/DLC for $15, imo~

If Tony could make this happen, I'll be all over this. :D

#4694 rasvelen

rasvelen

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

THQ needs our help go buy now!

#4695 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

Just posted this in another forum so I thought I'd drop it here as well:

For those interested in catalog titles we'll have stuff like a bundle of Mass Effect 1 + 2 + Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition + Dragon Age 2 for $14.99 or Binary Domain+AVP+Viking+HellYeah+Condemned for $19.99. Newer stuff includes Need for Speed Most wanted for $25 and Medal of Honor: Warfighter for $30.

This is in relation to the Black Friday sales we'll be having.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#4696 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

THQ needs our help go buy now!

They defaulted on a $50 million line of credit from Wells Fargo -- they are beyond my help now!

#4697 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

They defaulted on a $50 million line of credit from Wells Fargo -- they are beyond my help now!

Nothing purchasing 2.9 million copies of Darksiders II wouldn't help fix.

The Steamgifts site will be breathtaking...

#4698 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

Does anyone know how active the online is for NFS Most Wanted? $25 sounds great but the few times I tried NFS Hot Pursuit I was having trouble finding people to play with. The whole fun of that is multiplayer so I'm wondering if it might be a game better played on PS3/360. Anyone playing it online on PC?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#4699 rasvelen

rasvelen

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

For those interested in catalog titles we'll have stuff like a bundle of Mass Effect 1 + 2 + Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition + Dragon Age 2 for $14.99 or Binary Domain+AVP+Viking+HellYeah+Condemned for $19.99. Newer stuff includes Need for Speed Most wanted for $25 and Medal of Honor: Warfighter for $30.

Cheers,
Tony

/drools

#4700 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

Viking? As in Viking: Battle for Asgard? That game that came out on consoles over four years ago? It's just now getting a PC port?

#4701 JanusDS

JanusDS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

Well, this is interesting - I ended up getting Darksiders II and the Season Pass dlc from Gamersgate and it appears I got a bit more than I bargained for...in a good way. I don't know if anybody else has bought the Season Pass dlc from GMG, activated it on Steam and then checked their dlc for Darksiders II by right clicking and choosing dlc; but I have quite a bit more than is listed for just the Season Pass on Steam, Amazon and GMG. In addition to the 2 missions listed for the Season Pass and the Marker's Armor, I have the Argul's Tomb dlc, which I verified on the Steam store that it shows as purchased. I also got some things that sound like weapons that are not listed anywhere that I've seen - Crucible Pass, Dark Talons, and Skeletal Axe of Rending.

Maybe this is normal but I just wanted to let everybody know since idk if you get all this by purchasing from other sites.

Edited by JanusDS, 13 November 2012 - 08:41 PM.

#4702 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

Well, this is interesting - I ended up getting Darksiders II and the Season Pass dlc from GMG and it appears I got a bit more than I bargained for...in a good way. I don't know if anybody else has bought the Season Pass dlc from GMG, activated it on Steam and then checked their dlc for Darksiders II by right clicking and choosing dlc; but I have quite a bit more than is listed for just the Season Pass on Steam, Amazon and GMG. In addition to the 2 missions listed for the Season Pass and the Marker's Armor, I have the Argul's Tomb dlc, which I verified on the Steam store that it shows as purchased. I also got some things that sound like weapons that are not listed anywhere that I've seen - Crucible Pass, Dark Talons, and Skeletal Axe of Rending.

Maybe this is normal but I just wanted to let everybody know since idk if you get all this by purchasing from other sites.

I'm almost 100% positive that the other DLC came with the game itself. I believe you got it for preordering DS2, and I guess GMG just kept giving the bonus DLC away with the game.

#4703 JanusDS

JanusDS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

I'm almost 100% positive that the other DLC came with the game itself. I believe you got it for preordering DS2, and I guess GMG just kept giving the bonus DLC away with the game.

Yeah, I was just about to edit my post to say that because I did notice that it said "Darksiders II Preorder Retail" when I put in the activation code for the game itself and just sort of ignored at the time. Then I just realized that it also showed The Abyssal Forge and Marker's Armor separate from the Season Pass so figured that it might be the activation code for the game from that as well.

But either way, if that's what they're selling, it sounds like the best bang for your buck. :D Well, actually it already did anyway, but now even more so. :razz:

#4704 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

Well, this is interesting - I ended up getting Darksiders II and the Season Pass dlc from GMG and it appears I got a bit more than I bargained for...in a good way. I don't know if anybody else has bought the Season Pass dlc from GMG, activated it on Steam and then checked their dlc for Darksiders II by right clicking and choosing dlc; but I have quite a bit more than is listed for just the Season Pass on Steam, Amazon and GMG. In addition to the 2 missions listed for the Season Pass and the Marker's Armor, I have the Argul's Tomb dlc, which I verified on the Steam store that it shows as purchased. I also got some things that sound like weapons that are not listed anywhere that I've seen - Crucible Pass, Dark Talons, and Skeletal Axe of Rending.

Did you buy it at Green Man Gaming or Gamers Gate? Just double checking since I know Gamers Gate has a sale on it, but Green Man Gaming doesnt.

#4705 darkling23

darkling23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

Does anyone know how active the online is for NFS Most Wanted? $25 sounds great but the few times I tried NFS Hot Pursuit I was having trouble finding people to play with. The whole fun of that is multiplayer so I'm wondering if it might be a game better played on PS3/360. Anyone playing it online on PC?

Every time I've tried to join an MP game, it's been able to fill up the matchmaking instantly. The game literally just came out. This will be the first major sale on it and it'll probably bring in a lot of new players on top of that.

The other aspect of MP is related to your Origin friends. The Speedwall, billboards, speed cameras all are leaderboards linked to your Origin friends. So, when people buy it and start playing it it'll be handy to add people from here on Origin to fill those out. I have only 1 friend on Origin who is playing the game and I just added him from a post I saw on this site, actually. When the sale goes live, people should start posting their Origin names somewhere so folks can have times to compete against. I'm going to start now, if you plan to buy NFS:MW, add me! ;) bunnies23

Edited by darkling23, 13 November 2012 - 10:49 PM.

#4706 JanusDS

JanusDS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

Did you buy it at Green Man Gaming or Gamers Gate? Just double checking since I know Gamers Gate has a sale on it, but Green Man Gaming doesnt.

Crap, I meant Gamersgate...don't know why I keep doing that; for some reason I always get them confused. #-o Edited my original post to say Gamersgate as well. But yeah, I got the game and the Season Pass dlc on sale from Gamersgate and the Steam key I got for the game was for the preorder version, which I didn't realize came with all the extras until now. So yeah, if you total it all together, you save about 71% and you get those 3 weapons that I guess you can't download right now. :)

#4707 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Steam keys for all the games in the sega bundle? I think condemned is the only one that doesn't normally come with one.

#4708 KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

Condemned is now on Steam, it was on sale during Steams Halloween sale this year.

#4709 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

Condemned is now on Steam, it was on sale during Steams Halloween sale this year.

Yeah I know, the amazon copy doesn't appear to come with a key but we know how that's changes

#4710 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Team Tony TEAM TONY
Posted Image