Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#4831 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

Spoiler

Cheers,
Tony

Argh, why are you teasing me with these pre Black Friday deals!?!?

#4832 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

I'm really excited about the THQ bundle (Homefront, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., etc). That is happening this Friday right? So many deals are getting posted my brain hurts.

I'll post a full lineup for Friday tomorrow afternoon. It is taking me a bit to slog through the BF stuff but I'm hoping to start posting stuff this evening.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#4833 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

Best open world game released thus far imo, not sure if its been fixed but there were major driver issues with AMD cards.

It was probably remedied with that big driver update recently but I can't confirm as I switched to Nvidia, other than that though for $10 it's an awesome deal.

AMD is promoting Saints Row 3 as one of the games in "Gaming Evolved" program for sometime now. The game is fully optimized on AMD graphics hardware, drivers, DX11 and AMD Eyefinity, and it runs great for me. So I am sure if there were any issues, they are fixed for sometime now :)

fs_pc.png

#4834 voldak

voldak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:31 AM

I'll post a full lineup for Friday tomorrow afternoon. It is taking me a bit to slog through the BF stuff but I'm hoping to start posting stuff this evening.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks very much! I'm looking forward to how much of my rat hole stash i'm going to have to move over to Amazon gift cards :)

#4835 SelmaBlair

SelmaBlair

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:51 AM

AMD is promoting Saints Row 3 as one of the games in "Gaming Evolved" program for sometime now. The game is fully optimized on AMD graphics hardware, drivers, DX11 and AMD Eyefinity, and it runs great for me. So I am sure if there were any issues, they are fixed for sometime now :)

Well the issues (low framerate, especially while driving) stretched like 5 months into its release even though it was promoted as an AMD game, all I'm saying is be cautious and look into it.

Edit: I just checked the Saints forums and shockingly those problems still exist a year later, wow. It was still playable on my 6850 but I was getting like 28-35 fps when I should have been getting a lot more at the time (6+ months ago, mind you). Since its been so long since I've played I won't discuss it further, just look into it if you're on an AMD card, folks.

Edited by SelmaBlair, 15 November 2012 - 03:01 AM.

#4836 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

No, it isn't. Just because a company is promoting something does not mean it's running all that great. If you look at the game's tech help forum, there is a 64 page thread about the issue. A few promises to fix it, and a few small updates, but nothing substantial really came of it. Obviously not everyone is going to be affected, but it did affect a pretty decent chunk of people.

#4837 xamon

xamon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:01 AM

hello Tony,
quick question, If you are able to get Steam keys for Condemned, will the people who already bought the game be able to have a steam key also?

#4838 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:06 AM

Yes we will, $5 promo credit towards a list of games starting in January. We'll be picking the initial list someone in December and then changing it throughout January.

Cheers,
Tony

Glad to see return of "Best-Sellers Of (Insert Games From Previous Year)" planned in Jan 2013. :D

#4839 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

Well the issues (low framerate, especially while driving) stretched like 5 months into its release even though it was promoted as an AMD game, all I'm saying is be cautious and look into it.

Edit: I just checked the Saints forums and shockingly those problems still exist a year later, wow. It was still playable on my 6850 but I was getting like 28-35 fps when I should have been getting a lot more at the time (6+ months ago, mind you). Since its been so long since I've played I won't discuss it further, just look into it if you're on an AMD card, folks.

I had severe performance issues with that game on my Nvidia card. I later replaced most of my PC and it worked fine afterward. It's not just AMD that had problems, and as far as I'm aware they claimed they were hard at work on a fix and then never did anything about it.

#4840 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:48 AM

No, it isn't. Just because a company is promoting something does not mean it's running all that great. If you look at the game's tech help forum, there is a 64 page thread about the issue. A few promises to fix it, and a few small updates, but nothing substantial really came of it. Obviously not everyone is going to be affected, but it did affect a pretty decent chunk of people.

Yeah.. I tried playing it with my Radeon HD 7970 and my FPS consistently dropped to the low 30s whenever driving around. Game isn't optimized for AMD (probably not for some Nvidia cards too..), I think getting it to run well is luck based (having the exact system configuration).

#4841 SelmaBlair

SelmaBlair

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:48 AM

I had severe performance issues with that game on my Nvidia card. I later replaced most of my PC and it worked fine afterward. It's not just AMD that had problems, and as far as I'm aware they claimed they were hard at work on a fix and then never did anything about it.

Interesting, I almost want to install it and test my 660ti with it now.

#4842 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:54 AM

Interesting, I almost want to install it and test my 660ti with it now.

Lmfao omg Selma your sig. :lol:

:applause:

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

SwagBucks
: Take surveys, click shit to get points to buy gift cards. Get a $5 Amazon GC on a slow month.

http://www.gamersgat.../ggtagi/3687091 Posted Image

#4843 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

^ I prefer Blorps . Don't ask where the "r" comes from, I don't know, some dude on GameFaqs started calling it that and it's stuck with me.

Posted Image
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#4844 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:36 AM

Weird. I played with a GTX 260 near release and didn't have issues.

#4845 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:20 AM

Lmfao omg Selma your sig. :lol:

:applause:

Lol that's great

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#4846 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

I put close to 50 hours into SR3 on :360: I think, and you still have me contemplating the base game. The co-op would probably be worth it.
Posted Image

#4847 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:59 AM

Yeah.. I tried playing it with my Radeon HD 7970 and my FPS consistently dropped to the low 30s whenever driving around. Game isn't optimized for AMD (probably not for some Nvidia cards too..), I think getting it to run well is luck based (having the exact system configuration).

Just tried it with my 7950. At 1680x1050 with everything jacked up high, I was getting 45-60fps in my car and 60-80fps out of the car and fighting. Worst I got was 35fps for a few seconds when I was nitro-bursting down a neon lit downtown street in the rain.

#4848 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

Just tried it with my 7950. At 1680x1050 with everything jacked up high, I was getting 45-60fps in my car and 60-80fps out of the car and fighting. Worst I got was 35fps for a few seconds when I was nitro-bursting down a neon lit downtown street in the rain.

Like I said, it seems to be based mostly on luck. The reports I've seen aren't consistent, 2 people could have the same GPU with entirely different results. Then again, I haven't tried it in a couple months so maybe an update improved the framerate, I'm not really sure. All I know is overall, the game is poorly optimized. It's a much better port than SR2 was, but a fairly crappy one in general.

#4849 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

Definitely agree with this. Last year year I only bought a handful of games thinking the $5 would be worthless. Boy was I wrong.

Same here.

I've always bought a lot of games, but never thought I'd use up all those $5 coupons I acquired for the BSO Deals 2011 sale Amazon they had in Jan 2012...
...EVERY one of them got used easily.

Whereelse could you get, after using your $5 coupon...
Shogun 2 for $2.49?
Darkspore for $2.99?
Civ 5 for $4?
Civ 4 Complete for $4?

Even w/out the $5 coupon, those deals were still KILLER deals at the time.

#4850 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

What CPU? I was using an older CPU but it still fell within the requirements. Other people were getting the same problems with fully high end systems though. There didn't seem to be a common denominator.

It was definitely related to the outdoors, cause my FPS would be chugging along at 25, I'd drive through a tunnel and it'd rocket up to 60, then drop back down when I got back out onto the open street.

#4851 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:21 AM

That is 75% off each game. I think this is unheard-of with Activision COD series :applause:

I do have both games, but I will make sure to tell all my friends ;)

I remember when Amazon DVG earlier this year on Valentine's Day, they had Modern Warfare 2 for $5...

#4852 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

What CPU? I was using an older CPU but it still fell within the requirements.

For what it's worth, I'm using an i7-860 OC'd to 3.6 GHz

Slightly amusing side-note:
Spoiler

#4853 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

I remember when Amazon DVG earlier this year on Valentine's Day, they had Modern Warfare 2 for $5...

Yeah I remembered that agter posting the reply and wanted to edit it to be : COD BO but was busy with something and forgot to edit. I remembered because Amazon was where I got my MW2 :D

Maybe the issue is DX11 related

I do hardware reviews for GPUs and all the ones I tested lately with SR3 had no issues whatsoever, so it is maybe specific to some hardware and/or software combinations

Edit: here is a screenshot for fps while driving and while walking :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Downsized by 50% from 1920x1080

HD6990
Core i7 920@4.25GHz
6GB DDR3 2025MHz
Win 7 64bit
Catalyst 12.9 Beta with CAP1 12.10

1920x1080 DX11 Highest settings with 4xMSAA

Edited by r9800pro, 15 November 2012 - 07:45 AM.

fs_pc.png

#4854 LN3000

LN3000

Companion Cube

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

Thanks Tony for all the awesome deals. Can't even begin to imagine how much work you do to get these deals together.
But thank you. You and Amazon.com rock!

#4855 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

I've always bought a lot of games, but never thought I'd use up all those $5 coupons I acquired for the BSO Deals 2011 sale Amazon they had in Jan 2012...
...EVERY one of them got used easily.

Spoiler

Yeah, in December I placed zero value on the $5 coupon since I doubted there would be any tempting sales in January. I was so wrong. $2.50 for Just Cause 2 in Dec snagged me Civ 5 for $4 in Jan.

#4856 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

I say we dump boring ol' AVP from that Sega bundle and force in some Jet Set Radio.

#4857 glennfrank

glennfrank

My squeedily spooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

I've been looking got a good deal on Jet Set Radio.. but I am also interested in AVP - how about Tony just throws that one into the bundle - you know to make it more enticing? :p

#4858 SelmaBlair

SelmaBlair

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

I've been looking got a good deal on Jet Set Radio.. but I am also interested in AVP - how about Tony just throws that one into the bundle - you know to make it more enticing? :p

You can get Jet Set Radio on greenmangaming for $3.50, steam key.

#4859 breakingadam

breakingadam

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

Although I am really looking forward to some of the upcoming Black Friday deals Tony has already hinted at, I'd REALLY love to see a good sale on Guild Wars 2...

#4860 garath

garath

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

Whatever happened to the Amazon Kingdoms of Amular deal? Tony hinted at it on GAF but I never saw it. Did I miss it or has it not happened yet?