Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#4981 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

double dipped on Saints Row. That game is fantastic.

The second one is on discount also, highly unstable PC port but surprisingly much better than SR3.

#4982 Tallkido

Tallkido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

FYI...You can get the five dollar promotional credit for downloading the FREE Dungeon Siege 3 demo. Just had the credit e-mailed to me.

Do i have to download or just "buy" it
Posted Image

#4983 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

Just "buy" it. I have like ten already. :D

I don't know if it works on the "Game Connect" stuff but it is working on all free demos.

#4984 rasvelen

rasvelen

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

You only need to buy it.

#4985 Eucliwood

Eucliwood

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

Thank you for your purchase from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned a $5 credit toward the purchase of select game downloads starting 1/1/2012 and good through 1/31/2012.

Should be 2013 instead of 2012.

#4986 rasvelen

rasvelen

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

THIS!!!

I bought SR: The Third earlier in Mid-July; AND Prototype Pack when last Friday when was part of the GameSpot-Amazon DVG Friday, as well.

I don't expect a $5 promo code b/c it was bought before this Promo hit - but, $5 coupon codes being sent our way would be a nice surprise! :D

It would be better if Tony applies the promotional codes to those who bought applicable games after he announced that the $5 codes will happen again. :D Though i'm not saying we're entitled for it.

#4987 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

It would be better if Tony applies the promotional codes to those who bought applicable games after he announced that the $5 codes will happen again. :D Though i'm not saying we're entitled for it.

That would work, too! :D

#4988 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

Should be 2013 instead of 2012.

Not for demo "purchases" :lol:

#4989 rasvelen

rasvelen

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

Tony I would like to report a "hole" in your system regarding the $5 promotional code. Anyone can actually download a demo and still receieve the $5. I'm not sure if this is intended or a glitch in the system. To fellow cheapassgamers, please don't regard this as a kill joy move. I did this because I don't want Tony to lose his job. :(

#4990 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

Tony I would like to report a "hole" in your system regarding the $5 promotional code. Anyone can actually download a demo and still receieve the $5. I'm not sure if this is intended or a glitch in the system. To fellow cheapassgamers, please don't regard this as a kill joy move. I did this because I don't want Tony to lose his job. :(

Seconded tony is awesome
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#4991 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

not for demo "purchases" :lol:

lmao! :D

#4992 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

No argument there. I'd also hate to have this promotion scuttled over this.

#4993 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

Smells like the EA Origin free-stuff incident all over again, yes?

#4994 rasvelen

rasvelen

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

Yup! But hey it's EA I don't mind them losing money lol.

#4995 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

No argument there. I'd also hate to have this promotion scuttled over this.

OT...but...

Man...your avatar just brought back a flood of memories from when I was a kid.

#4996 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

Well, "$5 off" is a bit different from "$20 off" and the codes aren't good until January so I guess Amazon has time to track and invalidate them if they so choose. So not as bad but I don't want to abuse Tony's work on our behalf.

#4997 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

Yup! But hey it's EA I don't mind them losing money lol.

Oh, man.... :-x

Thing is - EA has A LOT developers (BioWare, DICE, etc) and games (Dragon Age series, Mass Effect series, BF series) that I really like to love....

#4998 rasvelen

rasvelen

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

Oh, man.... :-x

Thing is - EA has A LOT developers (BioWare, DICE, etc) and games (Dragon Age series, Mass Effect series, BF series) that I really like to love....

I liked them too especially Bioware and Dice, but sadly I tihnk they're tainted by the EA virus now. :(

#4999 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

What was the EA incident? I saw somebody mentioned 20 dollar credits but I don't remember hearing that.

#5000 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

Not for demo "purchases" :lol:

Talking of demos, how do you get them out of your Amazon Games Library? I've downloaded
a f ew in the past and I don't like seeing them in my games list. Is there a way to delete them
or do I need to contact Amazon CS?

#5001 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

I don't think there's a way.

#5002 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

Yeah, if these weren't supposed to be for demos (probably weren't), they can just void them really. Most of us probably won't mind assuming we're half reasonable folks and I'd rather not see the prices in Jan be $5 more just because of this.

I do think this promo gets a lot of new people on Amazon DVG since this was the promotion which sorta started all my buying here.

I don't think it's Tony doing it and probably someone on the backend just made it apply to all products rather than doing a search for products > 0.01 cents (or some other number).

#5003 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

What was the EA incident? I saw somebody mentioned 20 dollar credits but I don't remember hearing that.

EA had an offer to some people to do a survey and get a code for $20 off a game on the Origin store. But they used one universal code and it was leaked. And they didn't protect themselves from the code being reused so people could keep using it over and over on more games. So, essentially, all the ($20 or less) EA games on the Origin store were free for a day or so until they finally pulled the coupon code.

There's more details than that but that's the crux of it.

#5004 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

I don't think there's a way.

That'd be a good idea, yes.

A "hide section" like Origin has would be a decent way, for those who want to section off certain games to be hidden.

And yeah - you could always look at what's in your hidden section...and move them back to be into the "show section", if you need.

#5005 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

EA had an offer to some people to do a survey and get a code for $20 off a game on the Origin store. But they used one universal code and it was leaked. And they didn't protect themselves from the code being reused so people could keep using it over and over on more games. So, essentially, all the EA games on the Origin store were free for a day or so until they finally pulled the coupon code.

There's more details than that but that's the crux of it.

Bwahahahahahahahaha! Some people probably felt guilty about this until they played ME3. Will say though...20 bucks a pop...ouch.

#5006 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

Yeah, if these weren't supposed to be for demos (probably weren't), they can just void them really.

I'm going to go with the opposite approach. If Tony wants to green light this, I'll happily go hog wild. Until then, I'd rather not be part of the problem (if there is one).

Amusingly, last year I bought Cryostatis for $1.75 during the sale, got a $5 coupon which I used on a $4.99 copy of Assassin's Creed and felt like I was totally sticking it to The Man :lol:

#5007 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

THIS!!!

I bought SR: The Third earlier in Mid-July; AND Prototype Pack when last Friday when was part of the GameSpot-Amazon DVG Friday, as well.

I don't expect a $5 promo code b/c it was bought before this Promo hit - but, $5 coupon codes being sent our way would be a nice surprise! :D

That would be nice. Already purchased 5 Prototype packs and 5x $5 promo credit would be awesome

On the other hand I got my Amazon account put on hold again for pre-ordering a game ! Same thing happened 10 days ago and I verified everything with Amazon and they fixed the issue and though that would not happen again specially that I already made many successful purchases after that :cry:

fs_pc.png

#5008 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

Bwahahahahahahahaha! Some people probably felt guilty about this until they played ME3. Will say though...20 bucks a pop...ouch.

ME3 is great, if you ask me.
It's the last 5-10 minutes that are pretty terrible - and well, that can't take away everything that the other 50+ amazing hours that I spent w/ that game gave me.
While I absolutely understand and agree that the ending(s) were terrible {rushed, felt incomplete, lacking closure, felt too brief, etc} -- the rest of the game was stellar, for the most part.

#5009 echerringt

echerringt

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

Gamefly have the Amazon sale for darksiders 2 if anyone miss the sale.
Posted Image

#5010 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

ME3 is great, if you ask me.
It's the last 5-10 minutes that are pretty terrible - and well, that can't take away everything that the other 50+ amazing hours that I spent w/ that game gave me.
While I absolutely understand and agree that the ending(s) were terrible {rushed, felt incomplete, lacking closure, felt too brief, etc} -- the rest of the game was stellar, for the most part.

I wasn't as fond of ME1 as a lot of other people were. I didn't hate...was just ok, I thought. The second one I thought was kind of ho-hum until the assault at the end, which I thought was fantastic. Still have to play the third one. I've avoided spoilers like the plague.