Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#511 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

I bought my Mercenaries 2 a long time ago and its key will not work on Origin or the "painless" site either. It's never worked to give me a digital backup. I may have to wind up buying another copy to get a key that works digitally. (I already tried in the past when Bulletstorm wasn't working to go with their tech support, but that was a long ass wait to have them give me the run around. Won't do that again.) It's worth noting that Bulletstorm DID finally work yesterday, though. It's been a year since I bought that, but at last they added it to their database.

Now if they'd just get up off their butts, take their Access or whatever database of keys, add the rest of those keys to Origin, then they'd be up to spec with what they're promising. Of course, getting up and carrying a flash drive of those keys to a central computer would require getting up and they ARE rather busy playing Call of Duty to stop.

I'm not too annoyed, though. I like the notion that I have digital backups of most of their games. I want them to go back and give me digital copies of ALL their games throughout history. That'd be a great feature. And oddly enough, I tend to LIKE EA games, especially ones by Bioware. And Origin's features are getting reasonably close to Steam (though more clunky overall), which is good. Also, bonus, they allow you to choose where you install your games and where you store the downloaders. Choosing where you install your game is something even Steam is JUST adding, probably because Origin did it.

And that's good for the gamer who has a SSD and wants some games there, some games on a larger conventional drive. Steam should have done this ages ago, but the lack of real competition meant they could ADHD their way right by obvious features and everyone was just glad to have what they had. Competition means they have to go back and add in these amenities we really deserve. Don't you think it's silly we have Steam, we have cloud saves, we have achievements, we have online communication, we have a voting system for new game ideas, we have a bajillion hats, we have the steam workshop, we have bigscreen mode, we have themes, but we didn't have something as simple as an option to choose an alternative place to store games for games we don't want on the "fast drive?"

Trust me, the folks at Origin are not spending all day playing Call of Duty.

Battlefield maybe. But I imagine even saying anything nice about Call of Duty in EA would be an automatic trip to HR for your exit interview.

#512 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

Had a leftover War of the Roses Steam key and put it up on Steamgifts if anyone's interested. Ends tomorrow night.

#513 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:14 AM

Battlefield maybe. But I imagine even saying anything nice about Call of Duty in EA would be an automatic trip to HR for your exit interview.

That was the punchline. ;)

#514 emwearz

emwearz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:34 AM

I have a $5 voucher, I am only interested in Bulletstorm & The Saboteur, did anyone want to go halves and they can have Mirror's Edge, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box and Mercenaries 2: World in Flames?
Sign up to GreenManGaming using this link, spend $2 and you will be credited with $2 to your account!
http://www.greenmang.../?gmgr=gusasuku

#515 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:37 AM

LOL!

Honestly, DICE didn't need to put so much of the COD: MW formula into BF3 SP.
Though, BF3 MP is totally on another planet - BF3 MP is amazing.

That was the punchline. ;)

Hehe.

#516 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:20 AM

Man, I've been out of here forever. Last I'd heard, the 1C bundle had been delayed. Is that still the case, or have I missed it?
Posted Image

#517 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:22 AM

Man, I've been out of here forever. Last I'd heard, the 1C bundle had been delayed. Is that still the case, or have I missed it?

Yeah, it's still delayed. I believe the Strategy First bundles need to come out first before the 1C bundle will.

#518 Kronic1218

Kronic1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

Hey Tony,

Any idea if Medal of Honor will ever be back up for PC download? Any chance of a deal on it or perhaps some sort of pre-order deal in conjunction with Medal of Honor: Warfighter?

#519 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:35 AM

MysterD - Interesting, definitely not familiar with how most of the DRM licences work, or PC games in general still just yet, but I'm getting there lol. Good to know stuff

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#520 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

Tony, any update on the CoD sale you mentioned a few days ago?

It seems like the CoD titles pop up in most of the big Amazon sales, but always for pretty crappy prices (sorry). Any chance that we'll see MW2 for $5 again (since it's been there before on Amazon) and Black Ops for $10 in anticipation of the sequel?

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#521 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:53 AM

It seems like the CoD titles pop up in most of the big Amazon sales, but always for pretty crappy prices (sorry). Any chance that we'll see MW2 for $5 again (since it's been there before on Amazon) and Black Ops for $10 in anticipation of the sequel?

That is not Amazon's fault, Activision is always like that :)

fs_pc.png

#522 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:09 AM

That is not Amazon's fault, Activision is always like that :)

Oh, I know. :lol:

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#523 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:21 AM

MysterD - Interesting, definitely not familiar with how most of the DRM licences work, or PC games in general still just yet, but I'm getting there lol. Good to know stuff

Yes.

DRM and where to buy a game is something I often have to take on a case-by-case basis. I've dealt w/ numerous games, numerous digital distributors, numerous DRM schemes, retail boxes, and modding scenarios.

There can be some hurdles, trying to figure out "What is the best route to go?"

Personally, I think DRM-FREE trumps all, in most cases - b/c you often NEVER have to worry about getting a game online activated before you can play, any always online DRM schemes, limited licenses, revoking licenses, running out of activations, updates, modding problems, etc etc. You basically can just install the game and then go.

The problem is usually going to be - "Can I actually run this older game on my modern system?" Often, if it ain't the typical solutions (I.e. Turn Desktop Composition & Visual Theme soff; make sure you gave game Admin Rights; run program in sort of Compaibility mode -- there could already be a mod that can easily be applied can solve the problem.

Usually, you don't see games go DRM-FREE until they get REALLY old. And by that time, they're likely already re-release DRM-FREE all up-to-date w/ final official patch, at least. And usually from there, you can mod the game how you want and not worry about any other stuff.

Then again, whrn there's games like Company of Heroes where Non-Steam version has a bunch of different patches and you need to apply them all in right order, it might be bloody easier just to buy Steam version to be all up-to-date easily, since Steam only often downloads and updates to the newest files it needs.

#524 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

Tony, any chance we'll see an upgrade in the bonus to XCOM Enemy Unknown? Steam just added the free Civ V, and while I wouldn't ask if it was just them, Gamersgate just added the same bonus as well, so clearly 2k might be open to it:

http://www.gamersgat...own?aff=twitter

#525 jimmywolf

jimmywolf

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

just check web page for x com

Pre-order and get the "Elite Bonus Pack" and "Civilization V" free

#526 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

Working on it yo.

Tony, any chance we'll see an upgrade in the bonus to XCOM Enemy Unknown? Steam just added the free Civ V, and while I wouldn't ask if it was just them, Gamersgate just added the same bonus as well, so clearly 2k might be open to it:

http://www.gamersgat...own?aff=twitter

just check web page for x com

Pre-order and get the "Elite Bonus Pack" and "Civilization V" free

This man Jimmy, he speaks the truth, we've had this deal up since yesterday.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#527 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

Working on it yo.

Since we're on the COD subject here - do yo guys plan to get COD: World at War?

#528 Daf

Daf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

Since we're on the COD subject here - do yo guys plan to get COD: World at War?

Yep, hopefully if cod4 is on offer I'll be getting that as well
I.Z.Z.O
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#529 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

$4.99 Vessel starts tomorrow. Checking what DRM our version uses, pretty sure it isn't Steam though. Confirmed, it is DRM free.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#530 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

Upcoming Deals Everyone!

Deal of the Week: 10/7-10/13

Fear Pack: $9.99

Fear 1
Fear 2
Fear 3

Batman Pack: $9.99

Batman Arkham City
Batman Arkham Asylum

Both WB Packs activate on Steam.

Vessel: $4.99 - DRM Free

Battlefield 3: $9.99 - Saturday, 10/6 Only

Cheers,
Tony

Edited by Amazon DVG Deals, 03 October 2012 - 07:15 PM.

Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#531 BMXJouster

BMXJouster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

Neither WB Packs activate on Steam.

Wait, what? I get it for Batman, but the FEAR games too? I was under the impression that FEAR 2 and FEAR 3 were both Steamworks games.

#532 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

Wait, what? I get it for Batman, but the FEAR games too? I was under the impression that FEAR 2 and FEAR 3 were both Steamworks games.

Maybe I'm crazy :(. Let me ask my OPS dude.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#533 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

Wow! Got some major awesome deals coming up!

I already have the FEAR pack, but I can vouch that they are very fun shooters; well worth the $10.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#534 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

I am a liar and will update my post...all the WB stuff is Steam...just heard from OPS guy...I hang my head in shame.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#535 BMXJouster

BMXJouster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

I am a liar and will update my post...all the WB stuff is Steam...just heard from OPS guy...I hang my head in shame.

Cheers,
Tony

Aww, don't do that Tony. It was an honest mistake. We still love ya. :D

#536 anarchyburger

anarchyburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

So I'm not sure if it has been asked previously, but has anyone had problems with Sleeping Dogs on Steam?

I registered my key with Steam just fine, but when I try to play it I get error it says completing install then I get error code 55 and 3. I tried validating install, uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck and my other Steam games work just fine.
GameCenter/Words with Friends: Rjsanchez88
Steam: AnrchyBurgr8t8
Origin(BF3): anarchyburger8t8
Feel free to add me, let me know you're a fellow CAG
Posted Image

#537 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

Wow, if both Batman games activate on steam, that is an awesome deal since Batman games don't usually activate on steam from other sites.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#538 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

Awesome!
Posted Image

#539 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

Figure out a way to get Lego Batman 2 in that sale!

#540 Greyghost

Greyghost

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

So still no Strategy First or 1C for the next round of deals. :(