Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#5611 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

Hmmm, thinking about picking up Dark Souls, but I already have it for PS3. (About 1/3 - 1/2 through first playthrough.) Worth it? Someone convince me...

#5612 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

Steamable Bully please, Tony/R*!

#5613 KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Hmmm, thinking about picking up Dark Souls, but I already have it for PS3. (About 1/3 - 1/2 through first playthrough.) Worth it? Someone convince me...

Sure.

#5614 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Personally I've never understood the need to 'double dip' (as they say). Only reason I'd say you'd have to get it is if they don't offer/sell the added 'Prepare to Die' content on PS3.

#5615 MrWhitey

MrWhitey

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

hey anyone knows if I will be able to activate Inversion in Europe? I wish to get 2 copies, one for me and one for my friend. Cos I remember Inversion from gamestop was US only.

#5616 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

Main concern is controls. I know it's a native console game but if you're going to port something then having good M+K functionality is part and parcel with that.

This game does play great w/ a controller - namely, the X360 Controller.
I do understand what you're saying - as games on PC should work decently w/ a KB+mouse. I do agree w/ this.
Though, in the case a PC port isn't translated well - you really should have a gamepad. Especially since a lot more games are getting console-to-PC ports, you'll need it. PC is a multi-purpose device - and it should support both.
Also, there's some games - like platform-heavy games (think Tomb Raider series and Assassin's Creed series); brawlers (Street Fighter series, MK series); many sports games (NBA2K series; FIFA series) - they just play better w/ a gamepad.
And if you do already own a X360 already and you have a USB-based X360 controller - then there's really no excuse for not plugging into your PC's USB port.

Personally I've never understood the need to 'double dip' (as they say). Only reason I'd say you'd have to get it is if they don't offer/sell the added 'Prepare to Die' content on PS3.

Though, w/ DSFix Mod for Dark Souls PTD (PC) - you can bump high-resolutions and more graphical features.
Also, you can bump up other graphical bells & whistles on your video card's software (NVidia Panel or ATI Panel), as well - granted you have a PC that can handle the game you're throwing at it.

#5617 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

Yeah, I'm not normally interested in doubling up, but my PS3 version is vanilla. And I've been slowly transitioning from console back to PC, though the PC benefits of this title seem marginal.

#5618 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

Though, in the case a PC port isn't translated well - you really should have a gamepad. Especially since a lot more games are getting console-to-PC ports, you'll need it. PC is a multi-purpose device - and it should support both.

Also, there's some games - like platform-heavy games (think Tomb Raider series and Assassin's Creed series); brawlers (Street Fighter series, MK series); many sports games (NBA2K series; FIFA series) - they just play better w/ a gamepad.

It's more of an issue of me being and older dude who last used a controller with a PS1 (and even then sparingly). So it has more to do with muscle memory and being able to comfortably use it rather than a philosophical difference. Basic platformers that just make use of the D-pad and a few buttons I can handle. Re: those other games mentioned, I don't really play stuff like that. Dark Souls is appealing because it's a rare example of a seriously difficulty ARPG released within the last decade or so.

And if you do already own a X360 already...

As a card carrying member of the PC master race I would never sully myself by owning one of those abominations! :lol:

#5619 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

-Dark souls with the mod 1080p 60 frames per second. Its glorious. Its delicious. It looks beautiful.

-The DLC just released not too long ago on the consoles for 15 bucks. This is the game and the dlc included.

-Supporting master race. :P

#5620 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

What a amazing deal for Sims 3 Seasons, game just came out this Tuesday and already 50% off I was in shock seeing the price so low so soon. Thank you to whoever worked out that deal, Tony or whoever at the amazon department.
Posted Image

#5621 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

Spoiler
But, any StarForce Disc-Based DRM is awful - stay AWAY from it!
That used to install OS-specific drivers (so if they don't updated drivers or remove DRM-check in a patch, it might NOT run on future OS's just b/c of that);
actually spun the hell faster and slower out of your disc-drive and tried to measure if disc was the "right size";
could cause disc-drive to be spun into non-existence;
could cause your disc to be shattered to pieces;
could force your OS to reboot if it couldn't pass the disc DRM check (even if your disc was in the drive!);
could cause some issues w/ security on Windows systems;
and all kinds of other insanity.

Weird, I heard they tried to do the same thing for digital download, spin your HDD platters to see if it was the correct mass. You see information is entropy in a higher energy state. Energy has mass. By knowing exactly the mass of your HDD platter before and after you installed the game the can determine the if it has the correct mass differential. Same caveats, may shatter your platter. Also, this doesn't work on SSDs. ^_~

Main concern is controls. I know it's a native console game but if you're going to port something then having good M+K functionality is part and parcel with that.

Proper members of the PC Master Race are legally required to have gamepads. The official reason is to show the console peasants how inferior they are, "I'm not just PWNing you because of my KB/M; I PWN you with gamepad too." I hear some members of the PC Master Race will also use their gamepads for other uses, like racing games and platformers.

#5622 Sxcnn

Sxcnn

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

Hello everyone ;)

Do you know if coupons will stack or not?

#5623 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

Proper members of the PC Master Race are legally required to have gamepads. The official reason is to show the console peasants how inferior they are, "I'm not just PWNing you because of my KB/M; I PWN you with gamepad too." I hear some members of the PC Master Race will also use their gamepads for other uses, like racing games and platformers.

Sorry, I'm from the orthodox wing. :lol:

#5624 dmjohn0x

dmjohn0x

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

Tony!

10. ME 1 + ME 2 + Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate + Dragon Age 2 - $14.99 - 11/23

Please tell me there will be Steam keys involved here!?

#5625 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Hello everyone ;)

Do you know if coupons will stack or not?

With sales at the time, yes. With each other, no. That is, you can't combine multiple coupons to get $10, $15, etc. off of one purchase.

EA titles -- wouldn't hold your breath.

#5626 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

hey anyone knows if I will be able to activate Inversion in Europe? I wish to get 2 copies, one for me and one for my friend. Cos I remember Inversion from gamestop was US only.

It IS US/NA only. There is a way to activate it in other regions but I would NOT recommend that

fs_pc.png

#5627 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

-Dark souls with the mod 1080p 60 frames per second. Its glorious. Its delicious. It looks beautiful.

-The DLC just released not too long ago on the consoles for 15 bucks. This is the game and the dlc included.

-Supporting master race. :P

This...
...Though, I'm sticking w/ 30 FPS b/c I'm playing online - not really up for chancing a G4WL/XBL Ban.

Also, DSFix supports high-res's [1920x1080 (1080p)]; all kinds of Ambient Occulsion (VSSAO, SCAO, HBCO); and some AA features (FXAA, SMAA);

#5628 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

Tony!

10. ME 1 + ME 2 + Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate + Dragon Age 2 - $14.99 - 11/23

EA games 99.9% will be origin exclusive.

Great deal...I usually dont get origin games cause im steam ocd, but that is one helluva deal. Dragon age easily one of my top 10 games this generation (Cant speak for DA2, ugh...)

#5629 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

Is the game "The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena -4.99" still a possibility? [it's listed on the first page of deals].

As of now it does not have a PC Download option.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#5630 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

Weird, I heard they tried to do the same thing for digital download, spin your HDD platters to see if it was the correct mass. You see information is entropy in a higher energy state. Energy has mass. By knowing exactly the mass of your HDD platter before and after you installed the game the can determine the if it has the correct mass differential. Same caveats, may shatter your platter. Also, this doesn't work on SSDs. ^_~

Trying to figure out - are you joking w/ me or are you serious? Or a mixture of both?

The stuff I said about StarForce disc-DRM was meant to be a serious. That disc-based DRM is no joke.
Those are many of the reason people complained about it over the years and were throwing lawsuits Ubi's way; and hence why Ubi and many others dropped it.

Oh, yes - I forgot, I also use a gamepad for racers, too.
Add that to my list, some few posts back.

#5631 ParticleReality

ParticleReality

The Best Mayne, I deed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

I already own Battlefield 3. Was thinking about buying all the DLC but since the complete package is going to be $29.99, I might as well buy that. Just curious, will my progress carry over or will I need to start from scratch?

#5632 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

This...
...Though, I'm sticking w/ 30 FPS b/c I'm playing online - not really up for chancing a G4WL/XBL Ban.

Also, DSFix supports high-res's [1920x1080 (1080p)]; all kinds of Ambient Occulsion (VSSAO, SCAO, HBCO); and some AA features (FXAA, SMAA);

so with Durante's fix you can't play online at all?

Friend code: 1091-7990-3911             Water Gyarados Octillery Frogadier

#5633 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

so with Durante's fix you can't play online at all?

Yes, you can play online!
The mod doesn't change the game's code, if you keep the framerate locked set at 30 FPS.

If you DO unlock it (to say 60 FPS), you risk a chance of getting a G4WL/XBL ban - b/c it does alter the game's code.
It tells you all of this in DSFix's INI file, BTW.

#5634 exopuppy

exopuppy

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

Hi CAGs,

To hel
p alleviate some of the worry coming from the folks who think this might be all we're promoting over BF here's a list of what I think some of our most attractive upcoming deals include:

Medal Of Honor Warfighter $29.99 - 11/23-11/26
Need for Speed Most Wanted - $19.99 - 11/23 and 11/26
Battlefield 3 Premium Edition - $29.99 - 11/23 and 11/26
Sleeping Dogs - $19.99 11/23-11/26
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $14.99 - 11/23
Pint Sized Paradox Package - $5.99 - 11/23-11/25
. Plentiful Paradox Package - $9.99 - 11/23-11/25
Payday: The Heist 4 Pack - $14.99 - 11/18-11/26
Kingdoms of Amalur + both DLCs - $11.99 - 11/26
10. M
E 1 + ME 2 + Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate + Dragon Age 2 - $14.99 - 11/23
Syndicate - $4.99 - 11/26
WB Combat Bundle - $9.99 - 11/23-11/26 contains:

Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY

Mortal Kombat Collection
Lord of the Rings War in the North

Batman Arkham Action Pack - $9.99 11/23-11/23 contains:

Batman Arkham As
ylum GOTY
Batman Arkham City

4. F.E.A.R. Collection - $8.99 - 11/24-11/25 contains:

Fear Ultimate Sh
ooter Edition
Fear 2

F
ear 3

The Harry Batman Pack - $13.99 - 11/26 contains:

Lego Harry Potter Years 1
Lego Harry P
otter Years 5-7
Lego Batman 2: DC Heroes

Inversion - $4.99 - 11/26

Tony. I love you, bro. Especially for 2, 4, 5, and 9.

And number 10, man. If I didn't already own all of them, all I could say is HOLY BALLS. Keep on doing what you do. Nobody does it better.

#5635 teenwolf

teenwolf

hic sunt leones

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

Pint Sized Paradox Package - $5.99 Contains:
Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack
Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack
Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC
Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion DLC
Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith DLC
Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land DLC
Majesty 2 Collection
Majesty Gold - HD
Warlock: Master of the Arcane

Tony, I see you have 6 out of the 14 available DLC for Crusader Kings II in this pack, is there any possiblity that you might be offering a specific nothing but Crusader Kings II DLC pack during this sale or the upcoming holiday sale? I had been hoping to get something like that from Amazon instead of resorting to buying it piecemeal from places like GMG.

The DLC that you currently offer but that isn't in this Pint Sized Paradox Package:

Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam [Online Game Code]
http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B008EYIQT6

Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome [Download]
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B009KSPF0I/

Crusader Kings II: African Portraits [Download]
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B009KSPF2Q/

Crusader Kings II: African Unit Pack DLC [Online Game Code]
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B008EYIBVE/

Crusader Kings II: Byzantine Unit Pack [Download]
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B009KSPEZE/

Crusader Kings II: Songs of Byzantium [Download]
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B009KSPFR6/

Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shield II [Download]
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B009KSPFQC/

Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Caliph DLC [Online Game Code]
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B008EYIOXO/

---

Also, any possibility of this as a sale item?

The Stronghold Collection [Online Game Code]
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B0084FHQ1O/

#5636 Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

Really hope Spec Ops hits $7.50. That and a good deal on Game of Thrones RPG is all I want.

Also bummed that the Dreamcast pack uses Starforce. I mainly bought it for Jet Set, but it would have been cool to try the others.

#5637 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

Yes, you can play online!
The mod doesn't change the game's code, if you keep the framerate locked set at 30 FPS.

If you DO unlock it (to say 60 FPS), you risk a chance of getting a G4WL/XBL ban - b/c it does alter the game's code.
It tells you all of this in DSFix's INI file, BTW.

conflicted on whether or not to get it now. >.> is there a way to play offline?

Friend code: 1091-7990-3911             Water Gyarados Octillery Frogadier

#5638 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

conflicted on whether or not to get it now. >.> is there a way to play offline?

Yup, I play offline all the time.

#5639 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

What a amazing deal for Sims 3 Seasons, game just came out this Tuesday and already 50% off I was in shock seeing the price so low so soon. Thank you to whoever worked out that deal, Tony or whoever at the amazon department.

Huh, wha? Where?

EDIT: Oh I see, that's the price it's at now. I though you meant that it was an upcoming deal. But I couldn't find it in the OP anywhere.

#5640 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

you can play the game offline all you want, though online play is to get 'connected' with others. though for online bans uh... honestly there's thousands of people who've downloaded and used 60FPS. there... does not seem to be a problem with that. there's always a case of "my friend..." that gets seen or one person out of a large mob who gets hit while everyone else seems to be fine.