Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#5641 headpiece747

headpiece747

I'm always angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

Medal Of Honor Warfighter $29.99
Need for Speed Most Wanted - $19.99
Battlefield 3 Premium Edition - $29.99
Inversion - $4.99

Was only looking to buy cheap games but for price for 2 recent releases that I really want to play I will support Tony and Amazon so publishers keep giving good deals on new games.

By the way Tony any deals on Assassin's Creed III Standard or Deluxe?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5642 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

Trying to figure out - are you joking w/ me or are you serious? Or a mixture of both?

The stuff I said about StarForce disc-DRM was meant to be a serious. That disc-based DRM is no joke.
Those are many of the reason people complained about it over the years and were throwing lawsuits Ubi's way; and hence why Ubi and many others dropped it.

Oh, yes - I forgot, I also use a gamepad for racers, too.
Add that to my list, some few posts back.

I found your CD/DVD-based StarForce DRM to be an interesting and clear explanation, taking it seriously. My whimsical (but technically correct) musings applied that to download DRM. What I mused is theoretically possible, but the precision and technical difficulty would require extremely precise instruments.

#5643 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

conflicted on whether or not to get it now. >.> is there a way to play offline?

Whenever you boot Dark Souls PTD (PC) - Don't sign into G4WL or have it set to auto-log in.
Put it into Offline Mode so you have an Offline Profile.

Though, you really should play this online - as the players online give you a constant barrage of messages to warn you and help you out; and so you can see other players' Bloodstains when they to die to see how they actually died.

#5644 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

I found your CD/DVD-based StarForce DRM to be an interesting and clear explanation, taking it seriously. My whimsical (but technically correct) musings applied that to download DRM. What I mused is theoretically possible, but the precision and technical difficulty would require extremely precise instruments.

Is it actually done like that w/ StarForce download version of the DRM?
Or not?

#5645 rasvelen

rasvelen

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

Spec Ops and Max Payne 3 please!

#5646 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

I think people are blowing 60 FPS Dark Souls:PtD out of proportion. When uncapping the 30 FPS you are subjecting yourself to some large variable FPS. The game's coding/phyics doesn't work perfectly when uncapped. I'd suggest you try it at 30 FPS before worrying about it.

Sliding down ladders can make you fall through the ground. Workaround: don’t slide down ladders with unlocked FPS.
Jumping/rolling distance is slightly reduced at 60 FPS. Workaround: in case you need to do one of the 2 or 3 jumps in the game that need maximum distance, use the new toggle key to toggle a 30 FPS limit for the jump, then toggle back to 60 after it.
Slope interactions are slightly different at 60 FPS compared to 30, which may make you “stuck” at small obstructions from time to time. Workaround: rolling if there is space, walking back and forth a bit if there is not. Toggling the 30 FPS lock for a second in the worst case.

#5647 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

Is it actually done like that w/ StarForce download version of the DRM?
Or not?

No, it's not done with the download version of StarForce. It would require seriously sensitive scientific instruments, on the order of Gravity Probe B or LISA.

#5648 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

kind of upset that i couldn't get prototype 2 to run at over 7 fps. my laptop runs games like SR3 and sleeping dogs perfectly fine but prototype was completely unplayable. maybe i should just build a 'home theatre pc" as i only ever use it plugged into my tv nowadays.

here's my specs:

i7 q 740 @ 1.74ghz
4 gig ram
mobility radeon hd 5730

you guys think i need to upgrade to play the new games coming out going forward? sorry for going OT here

Hand__Of__God.png

#5649 retrad

retrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

kinda surprised theres nothing im interested in that massive list.
Posted Image

#5650 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

kind of upset that i couldn't get prototype 2 to run at over 7 fps. my laptop runs games like SR3 and sleeping dogs perfectly fine but prototype was completely unplayable. maybe i should just build a 'home theatre pc" as i only ever use it plugged into my tv nowadays.

here's my specs:

i7 q 740 @ 1.74ghz
4 gig ram
mobility radeon hd 5730

you guys think i need to upgrade to play the new games coming out going forward? sorry for going OT here

http://www.tomshardw...iew,3107-7.html
gives you a rough idea of where your graphics card falls in terms of performance, below most Nvidia 8800 series cards. Quite a ways below a GTX 260 or 4850.

The numbering of most mobile graphics, has no relevance to the desktop edition numbering

#5651 roztworek

roztworek

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

i think You forgot about me1+me2+me3 bundle?

me bundle

#5652 cranky2

cranky2

Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

Might get Saints Row 3 but otherwise nothing really interesting. Was hoping for Space Marine, War of the Roses, Deus Ex, Witcher 2... I bet Steam will satisfy that.

#5653 rasvelen

rasvelen

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

i think You forgot about me1+me2+me3 bundle?

I believe there was notihng like that in the first place.

#5654 rasvelen

rasvelen

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

Might get Saints Row 3 but otherwise nothing really interesting. Was hoping for Space Marine, War of the Roses, Deus Ex, Witcher 2... I bet Steam will satisfy that.

Space Marine was part of the Tantalizing THQ pack which includes 6 games for $9.99 only.

http://www.amazon.co...122603776232-20

#5655 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

Spec Ops and Max Payne 3 please!

Plus One for Spec Ops.

Tony so what was the official word about Black Ops?

#5656 cranky2

cranky2

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

Space Marine was part of the Tantalizing THQ pack which includes 6 games for $9.99 only.

http://www.amazon.co...122603776232-20

Thanks for the heads up... You know, those other games are either so bad (Homefront) or off my radar (Stalker? Metro?) that I'd honestly rather spend $4 on Space Marine alone and save the other $5 for something else.

#5657 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

Thanks for the heads up... You know, those other games are either so bad (Homefront) or off my radar that I'd honestly rather spend $4 on Space Marine alone.

You might be able to find somebody in this thread selling an extra copy for a couple of bucks.
http://www.cheapassg...279563&page=587

#5658 Cofresi

Cofresi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

You might be able to find somebody in this thread selling an extra copy for a couple of bucks.

Thanks for the link

#5659 cranky2

cranky2

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

Been here for years and never saw that thread before. LOL. Appreciate it.

#5660 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

Whenever you boot Dark Souls PTD (PC) - Don't sign into G4WL or have it set to auto-log in.
Put it into Offline Mode so you have an Offline Profile.

Though, you really should play this online - as the players online give you a constant barrage of messages to warn you and help you out; and so you can see other players' Bloodstains when they to die to see how they actually died.

I was unsure about getting this before, but you have convinced me to give it a try. Sounds awesome!

#5661 headpiece747

headpiece747

I'm always angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

here's my specs:

i7 q 740 @ 1.74ghz
4 gig ram
mobility radeon hd 5730

You should be fine for games that are optimized for PC but console ports that are not like Prototype 2 are giving people problems even on better systems. If you can find a AMD 7000 series for cheap it wouldn't hurt though.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5662 kesker

kesker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

Tony

Will bf3 premium service be on sale at some point like bf3 premium edition?

And also Command and Conquer The Ultimate Collection?

Thanks in advance

#5663 tmwfte

tmwfte

Lovecraftian Colour Out of Space

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

I don't see it listed amongst the highlights, but is this:

Also Black Friday will include this bundle for $7.49:

Victoria Franchise
Hearts of Iron III Collection
King Arthur Collection
King Arthur II
Achtung Panzer 1943
Gettysburg Armored Warfare

bundle still happening?

#5664 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

What are the must have dlcs for Civilization 5?

I only plan on using one civ, as thats the way I normally play my games.... (ie: Age of empires only used the Korean Civ, likewise in Civ series.)

Gods and Kings seems like a must...but are the map packs and scenarios worth it?

#5665 tossup

tossup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

Has there been any word on the 2K Strategy Pack going on sale again for 19.99? I've been kicking myself over missing this one every time I feel like playing some strategy games.

http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B008GW57JS

#5666 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

Thanks for the heads up... You know, those other games are either so bad (Homefront) or off my radar (Stalker? Metro?) that I'd honestly rather spend $4 on Space Marine alone and save the other $5 for something else.

You're missing out. Stalker and Metro are both fantastic games with excellent atmosphere.

#5667 Fjordson

Fjordson

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

Tony, any hope for the digital version of GTA: San Andreas getting a quick sale? You know, since the second trailer for GTA V just came out =D

#5668 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

You're missing out. Stalker and Metro are both fantastic games with excellent atmosphere.

I haven't played Stalker, but I LOVE Metro 2033 (although I know they are from the same developers). Highly underrated and missed gem. Although not the newest game, you'd be surprised at how demanding the game can be graphically even on the most expensive rigs. Great game, not perfect, but thoroughly a good time. Can't wait for the sequel.

#5669 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

I haven't played Stalker, but I LOVE Metro 2033 (although I know they are from the same developers). Highly underrated and missed gem. Although not the newest game, you'd be surprised at how demanding the game can be graphically even on the most expensive rigs. Great game, not perfect, but thoroughly a good time. Can't wait for the sequel.

Metro 2033 developers (4A Games) are NOT the same developers of STALKER series ( GSC Game World). From Wikipedia

The company was formed in Kiev, Ukraine. It was founded by former employees of GSC Game World, a year before the release of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, in particular Oles Shyskovtsov and Oleksandr Maksymchuk, the programmers who worked on the development of the X-Ray engine used in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series.[3] They developed the 4A Engine for Metro 2033.

For me:
Metro 2033: 10/10 game. Linear.
STALKER Series: 7/10. Open world, really buggy.

#5670 cranky2

cranky2

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

As always, everyone's input much appreciated.