Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#5671 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

What are the must have dlcs for Civilization 5?

I only plan on using one civ, as thats the way I normally play my games.... (ie: Age of empires only used the Korean Civ, likewise in Civ series.)

Gods and Kings seems like a must...but are the map packs and scenarios worth it?

GOTY has all the DLC except for Korea and Wonders of the Ancient World (the last 2 before GOTY came out).
Gods and Kings is its own expansion and has most of the rest.

Net result? GOTY, Korea, Wonders, G&K = Everything Civ 5 right now.

#5672 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

STALKER SOC is solid as an FPS but falls well short with what they were trying to do with the RPG elements and 'open world' nature. Certainly worth $2, though. You can download the 'Complete' mod which implements a ton of balance changes, bug fixes, and improves the graphics.

#5673 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

So just to make sure... the promo codes this time will automatically be added to a game in January instead of a physical code being sent? I've done 7 orders and got 7 emails about the promotion and they said the promo will be applied automatically. Is there anyway to see how many codes we have accumulated?

#5674 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

Metro 2033 developers (4A Games) are NOT the same developers of STALKER series ( GSC Game World). From Wikipedia

4A Games is made up of ex-Stalker developers. They left GSC and made Metro 2o33,

#5675 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

So just to make sure... the promo codes this time will automatically be added to a game in January instead of a physical code being sent? I've done 7 orders and got 7 emails about the promotion and they said the promo will be applied automatically. Is there anyway to see how many codes we have accumulated?

I've asked the same and for now I think the answer is NO. I hope Tony help us out.

#5676 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

Civ V GOTY is $12.49 for OSX, will the PC be getting any love?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5677 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

Civ V GOTY is $12.49 for OSX, will the PC be getting any love?

steam key unlocks windows version as well.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#5678 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

People need to stop worrying about the codes for now. I'm sure it'll get settled eventually. I don't foresee anyone buying 20+ games in January to use said codes on so, in the end, I'm sure everyone will have enough with their various November/December purchases.

#5679 voldak

voldak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

Anyone want to go host a Payday: The Heist 4 pack? If so, i'm in!

#5680 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

Did Tony say when the list of Editor's choice will be out? I suppose even if we knew, it'll be hard to know if the price - $5 would be better than what's the price now.

#5681 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

Thanks for the update on the first page. some interesting deals

is Beyond Good & Evil Steam?

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#5682 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

Thanks for the update on the first page. some interesting deals

is Beyond Good & Evil Steam?

I believe someone said earlier that it is not.

#5683 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

Is the game "The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena -4.99" still a possibility? [it's listed on the first page of deals].

As of now it does not have a PC Download option.

After all these years the game has the nasty TAGES drm, even on steam. Currently the only place where you can get it 100% drm free is on GOG, would be cool if Tony could confirm the status of the version Amazon is selling and/or work his magic for Amazon to offer a drm free version.

#5684 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

I believe someone said earlier that it is not.

Damn.

Hopefully there's a deal for BF3 Premium membership standalone too, rather than just the game.

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#5685 tim_pkmn89

tim_pkmn89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

I think the biggest news here is that Billy Hatcher had a PC port

#5686 ParticleReality

ParticleReality

The Best Mayne, I deed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

Damn.

Hopefully there's a deal for BF3 Premium membership standalone too, rather than just the game.

If you own BF3 already, buying the premium edition turns your account into premium. $30 is a pretty good deal on that.

#5687 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

Did Tony say when the list of Editor's choice will be out? I suppose even if we knew, it'll be hard to know if the price - $5 would be better than what's the price now.

I'm not sure if the two of you were around for last January's promo, but the $5 was only applicable once per game. So a $10 game could only be knocked down to $5 no stacking. So if you have multiple $5 codes, you'd need to find multiple games to use them on.

Also the prices stayed pretty much the same as there had been before January on sale. We also weren't given any idea what they planned to offer us and some games were added and removed during January so it's all pretty much a gamble.

Still a great deal to get $5 any way you look at it. So far I've bought Sonic CD. I doubt that will be part of the editors choice so I splurged now. Most likely any game that was a high seller for the year will be part of the January promo. So expect a lot of EA, Ubisoft, and Sega games. Just about any big publisher's top titles.

#5688 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:42 AM

Hoping for Spec Ops for $5. But I'd do 7.50.

#5689 SelmaBlair

SelmaBlair

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:42 AM

Can anyone FOR SURE confirm that Velvet Assassin redeems on steam?

#5690 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:43 AM

Thanks for matching Sims 3 Supernatural, AND adding $5 credit.

elessar123.png

#5691 DeliveryPizza

DeliveryPizza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

Why not just buy it on Groupees Build a Bundle 4?

It's only 75 cents this weekend. Redeems on Steam.

http://groupees.com/bab4

#5692 SelmaBlair

SelmaBlair

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

Why not just buy it on Groupees Build a Bundle 4?

It's only 75 cents this weekend. Redeems on Steam.

http://groupees.com/bab4

My buddy wants it and has like $2.50 credit on amazon.

#5693 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:50 AM

It does.....BUT from what I remember from the last amazon sale it doesn't come with a key it's drm free

#5694 bVork

bVork

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

Gods & Kings for $7.49 is a great deal, but it's the Mac version. However, it's also apparently Steamplay. Does that mean I can buy the Mac version on Amazon, activate it on Steam, and play it on PC?

#5695 odin08

odin08

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

Gods & Kings for $7.49 is a great deal, but it's the Mac version. However, it's also apparently Steamplay. Does that mean I can buy the Mac version on Amazon, activate it on Steam, and play it on PC?

Sure can, when you activate the code it will show up as Mac edition but if you look at your downloadable content for Civ 5, it will show up for the PC version. Haven't tried playing it yet though but it should show up in game.
Posted Image

Shameless Referral Links:
Green Man Gaming
GamersGate

#5696 Icegaryen

Icegaryen

Stuart and the Ave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

Yeah an answer to this would be great

#5697 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

The answer is yes. That's what Steamplay means: you have access to both versions.

#5698 glyph42

glyph42

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

Between all of the Black Friday & Winter sales on Amazon, Steam, & GMG I won't have anything left to buy in January with all of these $5 coupon credits I'm picking up now! :whee:

#5699 odin08

odin08

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

The answer is yes. That's what Steamplay means: you have access to both versions.

That's the idea. Only thing that threw me off was looking at the product page, it shows that its coming from Aspyer rather than from 2K. Perhaps then worked on the Mac version? Took the plunge and it activated fine.
Posted Image

Shameless Referral Links:
Green Man Gaming
GamersGate

#5700 SelmaBlair

SelmaBlair

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

It does.....BUT from what I remember from the last amazon sale it doesn't come with a key it's drm free

Ok so it does but it doesn't...

Nobody here knows? Really?